"Ripped" in October

Options

Replies

• taralee2001
    taralee2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of week 4 is DONE! At this point I am just looking forward to this week being over so we can all say we did it! We survived Ripped in 30. :happy:
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Good Day Good People!! Week 4, Day 3 has went down!! We're HALF WAY through week 4! YAYYYYY!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Okay- Now's the time, since you've had at least a 2 to 3 days to get into the groove of week 4...

QUEsTION OF THE DAY-WHAT IS YOUR BRING IT MOVE??

Well for me, I can say that I'm bringing it in the yoga move in the strength portion of circuit one- the crescent move, I can also do the last ab move pretty easily at the end in circuit 3, the walking planks aren't too bad either. I even can do those "rockette style jumping jacks"

Now, the workout moves- GEESH, still detest those weighted Superman moves,:grumble: :grumble:, those "burpees" I just don't like, :grumble: :grumble: heck after doing a couple of those, there's no way I can do those "double-hang time jumping jacks" hats off to any of you who can:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: .

Now what say you??

Well, 3 MORE DAY RIPPERS....Let's get it in :flowerforyou: :glasses: :smokin:
  • taralee2001
    Options
    I'm not sure I'm "bringing it" on anything this week. :laugh: The whole thing pretty well kicks my *kitten*.

My husband watched me work out via skype today and his comment was "looked like the really hard stuff that you make soldiers do when you smoke them". So there you go, our workout is what Sgt's make soldiers do for punishment. I don't know whether to :laugh: or :sad: .
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'm "bringing it" on anything this week. :laugh: The whole thing pretty well kicks my *kitten*.

My husband watched me work out via skype today and his comment was "looked like the really hard stuff that you make soldiers do when you smoke them". So there you go, our workout is what Sgt's make soldiers do for punishment. I don't know whether to :laugh: or :sad: .

I was in the military...so I will agree with your husband!! She is really kicking my a** this week!!

Last night I even tried the superman move with weights!! my shoulders are killing me from that and the squat presses!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest, I have listened to her motivational speech at the end, maybe on Saturday. I've never done her cool downs.... The minute the final ab move is over, I'm out the door and to the gym (ok, I go pee first! :wink: )

I think the move I find the hardest is those darned Ashtanga pushups, :noway: I'm feeling pretty self confident about everything else. My fav is the last ab move. When I started I couldn't do a roll up without pushing off on the side. Now it's pretty much a piece of cake! :drinker:

ROCK ON!!!! :tongue:

I'll check back in after work!
  • Kim1118
    Kim1118 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey, Rippers!

Week 4 Day 3...DONE, DONE, DONE! This week is sufficiently kicking my *kitten*! I can bring it with the Superman move, but after those burpees...I'm dragging through the next few exercises. My heart rate goes to the max when I do them. I am so psyched that we have only 3 days left to "graduate!" I've only lost about 1 pound per week, but I'm hoping that the measurements will be more in the line with the effort that I've put forth. We'll see :wink:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of week 4 done.

Still don't like doing locust/superman with the dumbbell press. I'm used to doing this -
    INJURIES_209_04.jpg

I do quite well with anything that resembles yoga though. Surprise. :laugh:

I've learned that I really don't care for this type of exercise, it just moves so quickly and I can't focus on proper form or breathing at all. I am glad I'm trying something new but I probably will not be doing this or the Shred again. Next month I'll be lifting weights along with my yoga practice. I like slow, controlled movement. For cardio conditioning I'll do a more vigorous style of yoga a few times a week. :smile:
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    Wow Good Day Rippers!! The realization is starting to sink in!:noway: :noway: Our time together is soon closing in:sad: :flowerforyou: WELL, Week 4 Day 4 has went down!!:flowerforyou:

That means ONE More Day for some of us and TWO for others...until we're finished!! Okay, I do have one confession about this workout, I for one actually sit through and lay there for Jillian's "sermon" at the end of the workout....:smile: point is I'm sooo beat by that time, I relish the opportunity to just lay there and do nothing! :laugh: :laugh: Let me tell you- I'm Bringing that laying on the ground move:laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

Well, let's make the QUESTION of the DAY, about reflection, as the majority have done Shred and Ripped.... something to remind you that this hasn't been all for nothing....so :

WHAT NSV (non-scale victory) or IMPROVEMENTS HAVE YOU NOTICED OVER THE PAST 30 to 60 DAYS??

Well, for me, I've been able to fit more comfortably in my clothes, I've apparently been in denial before about how snug they had been fitting, :noway: :huh: , My BALANCE has improved, I can see hints of definition in my arms, (mind you - I said hints):bigsmile: , I have more endurance and more strength, I think doing Ripped with you all, has made it much more easier to stick with my other regimen (C25k), and its Always nice to have people ask if I'm losing weight.

WHAT say all of you???:flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    Okay MFP is freaking out, I just posted a LONG old post and it disappeared!:grumble: :angry: :grumble:

-Okay, it did post :laugh: :tongue: Nevermind....:laugh: :flowerforyou: :
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    D4 L4 done! I am so looking forwards to finishing tomorrow, even though I'll have to get up extra early to fit my workout in! I'm having a minor op done tomorrow on my left leg so between that and packing up and moving next week, this will be it until probably mid November. I'm feeling a little panicked at the thought of not exercising for that long.

Wish everyone the results that they wished for, I will post mine tomorrow night :bigsmile:
  • pakks
    pakks Posts: 30
    Options
    Day 4of level 4 done
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to join the party but have been doing Ripped since about end of Sept/beginning of Oct. I take a skip day from in Saturdays so it's been taking me a bit longer to get through it. I am on Level 4 Day 6 today. i modify a few things. i don't get the point of the double jump rope. i'd rather do the single jump rope with more hang time and faster. so that's what i do. everything else i can mostly handle, but i don't go all the way down on the chataraunga pushup things. i find i can't push myself back up if i go too far down. those supermans with weights are pretty brutal, at least the next day. what else... i don't get the "plank walk" it feels like i'm not really doing anything. maybe i'm doing it wrong. the ab stuff is all pretty tolerable, i agree. level 4, i think is easier than level 3. but it is hard to sort out because i feel like i'm in better shape going into level 4 than i was going into level 3. this would be an awesome victory to finish it! :) just 3 more days for me!
  • smurfette75
    Options
    Had to skip last night because of errands and zumba...tonight I have a school thing for my daughter. Hoping I can get it in late tonight. If not will have to extend my final week a couple of days.
  • Carrotz5
    Carrotz5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Confession,this is actually Day 2 of Level 4 for me. I've been cheating on my diet this week, but I have lots to celebrate this week so I'm justifying it that way :). The number on the scale isn't moving hardly at all so I guess with my diet and lack of workouts this week, that's a good thing.

I actually have a lot of NSVs to be thankful for. My abs are definitely a lot stronger! I can sit up no problem without using my arms or struggling! My clothes are fitting so much better. I'm in between belt holes on my belt. Slightly frustrating because my belt is too loose but seeing as how I have been slowly making my belt bigger, this is awesome. If I get too much smaller I'm going to have to get a new belt because this one will be too small! Lifting and moving around has become so much easier. I'll know this Saturday if all her stability work has helped my running! Lastly, and probably most important for me, I feel so much better about myself! I feel as if I look 100% better in my clothes and I have gained confidence in knowing that I am being the best I can be!

Only a few more days left! Happy Ripping everyone!
  • Kim1118
    Kim1118 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow, only 2 more workouts to go! Now that we are nearing the end, I can say I definitely feel stronger. Endurance has always been a problem for me, but I can see improvements since the start of Ripped. My clothes are fitting better for sure. I can't wait to take my measurements over the weekend and compare the photos. I expect that to tell the story mores than the scale. Another nice benefit is that I'm sleeping better...probably because I'm worn out from Jillian kicking my butt! Lastly, my balance has definitely improved...all those one-legged exercises were challenging at first, but now they are no big deal.

Let's go hard these last one or two days! DON'T PHONE IT IN! LOL!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    So happy that you guys have stuck with it.....cant wait to see the progress pics
  • smurfette75
    Options
    week 4 day 3 done!!

gonna miss you guys when this is all over!
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    D5L4 finished! This is it for me! Catch you all later xx
  • taralee2001
    Options
    Way to go Katia! Thanks for working out with us. :flowerforyou:

Just finished up week 4 day 5 here. One more day. I am excited to take my progress pictures. Gotta make sure I don't eat anything that's going to make me bloated tomorrow for pictures after the workout. :laugh: I am seeing some changes though. I think I'll probably continue to use these workouts randomly when I'm not doing a set program.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, the end. Today for some, tomorrow for others. What an AMAZING adventure, and INCREDIBLE experience. Thanks to all that participated.

Like Tara, I'm going to do random workouts between Shred and Ripped. I've number sticks with 1-7, 1-3 for Shred, 4-7 for Ripped. Luck of the draw will tell me what I'm doing. I might even do 2 back to back!

Thanks everyone, I've met some great people on this thread. The positiveness an encouragement was mind blowing. I think I pushed myself harder because I knew I had to dealt with all of you if I "wimped out" :laugh:

I'll stay with this thread for a few days as long as there are people still doing this, I'll be around to offer support.

So, the next question... What thread are we all going to occupy next?

ROCK ON!!!! :tongue: