Lose 10lbs by Thanksgiving (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• divainprogress2012
    Options
    Week 2 Mini challenge: Eat Homecooked meals. Do not eat any fast food or fancy restaurants for the next 7 days. Not only will this help you make healthier food choices, it will also save you MONEY!!! If you on a date or something and you just GOT to go out to eat pick a healthy meal. Exercise for week 2 is 50 squats and 50 mountain climbers. Challenge starts TOMORROW!!! Remember to msg me your weigh in tomorrow!! Goodluck to you all!! If you have any questions feel free to msg me. If you want to continue the hydrants and crunches you can. ITS UP TO YOU!!
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Week 2 Mini challenge: Eat Homecooked meals. Do not eat any fast food or fancy restaurants for the next 7 days. Not only will this help you make healthier food choices, it will also save you MONEY!!! If you on a date or something and you just GOT to go out to eat pick a healthy meal. Exercise for week 2 is 50 squats and 50 mountain climbers. Challenge starts TOMORROW!!! Remember to msg me your weigh in tomorrow!! Goodluck to you all!! If you have any questions feel free to msg me. If you want to continue the hydrants and crunches you can. ITS UP TO YOU!!

Pic of the Mountain Climbers. If you have a ball you can do it like this if not just do it the reg way with your hands on the floor. CLIMBING THE MOUNTAIN!!!

mountainclimbers.jpg
  • sassieatl
    sassieatl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a Happy Thursday. Loving the challenge. We are almost finish with week 1 and weigh time is approaching. Keep pressing on toward your goal :) We can all do this :)
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I found an article on Livestrong about Weight gain and strength training. The link is below. Hopefully it helps those feeling discouraged. Also, don't forget the salt intake and water retension. Lots of water and potassium can help with that, other than reducing the sodium of course. I love my salt :-)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/393797-water-retention-after-resistance-training/
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    [/quote]I found an article on Livestrong about Weight gain and strength training. The link is below. Hopefully it helps those feeling discouraged. Also, don't forget the salt intake and water retension. Lots of water and potassium can help with that, other than reducing the sodium of course. I love my salt :-)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/393797-water-retention-after-resistance-training/
    [/quote]

Thanks for sharing this!! I needed to read that!! I am also gonna share it with another girl thats in the group!!
    I actually feel a lot better today than yesteday morn though. Got on the scale and the numbers went down a lil bit. Been drinking my water today and its been going through me, and my legs are less sore than it was the last 3 days!!! :happy:
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    This was suppose to be a quoted msg!! LOL!! I deleted something too fast!!
    I found an article on Livestrong about Weight gain and strength training. The link is below. Hopefully it helps those feeling discouraged. Also, don't forget the salt intake and water retension. Lots of water and potassium can help with that, other than reducing the sodium of course. I love my salt :-)

[/quote]

Thanks for sharing this!! I needed to read that!! I am also gonna share it with another girl thats in the group!!
    I actually feel a lot better today than yesteday morn though. Got on the scale and the numbers went down a lil bit. Been drinking my water today and its been going through me, and my legs are less sore than it was the last 3 days!!! :happy:
    [/quote]
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Okay , so i leave for my trip tomorrow. I will continue my exercise and make healthy choices. You all have a great week.
  • jem728
    jem728 Posts: 88
    Options
    Okay , so i leave for my trip tomorrow. I will continue my exercise and make healthy choices. You all have a great week.

Have fun on your trip.
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Excellent job to everyone. First week of the challenge was a success. I'm so happy with my results so far. I'm down 1.6 pounds and feeling great. So looking forward to week two of this challenge. Not eating out will defiantely be a challenge for me. We always eat out on the weekends and I do fast food at least once durning the week; time to preplan. Good Luck on week 2 everyone!!!! LET'S GET IT!!! :)
  • Rebroland
    Rebroland Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!! This week was amazing! I lost 3.8 lbs this week - I still have 50 plus pounds to lose so I think that's why it's coming off so quickly right now, but I'll take it :) I'm at 192.4 as of this morning! My next mini goal is to be under 190 - so 2.6 lbs. Hopefully this week.. but definitely within the next couple of weeks which is exciting!!
  • gacornell
    gacornell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!! This week was amazing! I lost 3.8 lbs this week - I still have 50 plus pounds to lose so I think that's why it's coming off so quickly right now, but I'll take it :) I'm at 192.4 as of this morning! My next mini goal is to be under 190 - so 2.6 lbs. Hopefully this week.. but definitely within the next couple of weeks which is exciting!!

Excellent job!!! I was at 3.4 this week, but I'm with you in that I have a little over 60 to go, so mine's going to come off faster than a lot of people with much less. I'm still a little shocked, especially with my traveling this week and not getting as much cardio as I should have. Here's to home cooked meals and more time to work on me this week. Onederland here I come. :happy:
  • Rebroland
    Options

Excellent job!!! I was at 3.4 this week, but I'm with you in that I have a little over 60 to go, so mine's going to come off faster than a lot of people with much less. I'm still a little shocked, especially with my traveling this week and not getting as much cardio as I should have. Here's to home cooked meals and more time to work on me this week. Onederland here I come. :happy:

Awesome job!!! That shows that you put in a lot of hard work even though you were travelling. It certainly paid off, didn't it? I had a rehearsal dinner this past wednesday and it sucked because I had no idea what the calories were so I was just guessing and I was being very cautious and eating less than I estimated I ate and only drank water. I was so bummed when I was there but happy that I stuck to it when I weighed this morning! Onederland will be here sooner than you know it! :)
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Goodmorning ladies dont forget to send me your weigh in!! I have got a good lil bit of numbers this morn and Yall did AMAZING for week 1. I am soooooooooo proud of you all for the hard work and dedication with this challenge!!

Week 2 starts TODAY so have fun cooking :happy: And doing the squats and mtn climbers. I pick exercises that I HATE doing so its gonna be a challenge for me too. Keep up the good work ladies!!!
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Don't know if I can call what I do cooking, but I have definately cut down on going out on my own. I grab and go, so I have to have things on hand to grab and go. Fruits are always easy, so I buy a variety. Also, grab a bag of sald or prewash and prepackage. I also use Cedar's Edamame salad or Chickpea Salad. I eat those with my leafy salad that way I don't have to add salad dressing, If I don't want. I am not a big fan of salad dressing. (I also use avocados and tomoates, etc with salad when available.) My goal this week, is to make some homemade salad dressing. Trying not to use the oil. I have learned that if I don't have things prepared to grab, I will eat what is available and ready, ususally junk. I think a great challenge would be to eat 80% or 90% raw, but I am biased. Would be interesting to see how difficult it would be for others. I'm good now, but tried it before and seemed impossible.

SN: I have a scale that measure body fat, water, muscle, and bone density. I don't know how accurate it really is, butthey reccomend watching the trend as an indicator. I started using it again after gaining the weight this past week. I did notice a change in the percentage. My muscle is up, water is up, and fat is down. So that also encourages me that even though my weight is not cooperating, I am still headed inthe right direction.

Good luck all this week. Oh, will probably eat out this weekend, going wine tasting and such, but has been awhile. Eating out gets expensive, but then again so is shopping "healthly" (word? ;-)
  • MaterMama
    Options
    The weight loss slowed down a lot for me this last week. Before I was losing a full pound every day. Most likely it was water weight though. Then this last week I lost 1 pound between Friday & Monday. Monday the weight loss stopped. :( Monday was also when I started 30 day shred. Hopefully its just water retention and will resolve itself soon. I want to get back to losing weight. I finally had a little weight loss of 0.4 this morning.

Lost 2.4 pounds this week. I have 30-40 to go (preferably 40).
  • skiqt323
    Options
    I lost weight this week, so I'm super happy, but I just hope it stays under this number :) I'm so weird my weight fluctuates by 5 pounds so easily, I just need to it to be lower. My goal is to make some good choices this weekend with all the football games and tailgates its going to be tough! Great job everyone!
  • Rebroland
    Options
    I lost weight this week, so I'm super happy, but I just hope it stays under this number :) I'm so weird my weight fluctuates by 5 pounds so easily, I just need to it to be lower. My goal is to make some good choices this weekend with all the football games and tailgates its going to be tough! Great job everyone!

I'm with you on this one.. I have a wedding on Saturday and I have no idea how i'm going to estimate the calories AT ALL! UGH! I guess I just need to make sure that I exercise a lot on that day and leave a lot of margin for error. and only have a bite of wedding cake! haha
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Don't know if I can call what I do cooking, but I have definately cut down on going out on my own. I grab and go, so I have to have things on hand to grab and go. Fruits are always easy, so I buy a variety. Also, grab a bag of sald or prewash and prepackage. I also use Cedar's Edamame salad or Chickpea Salad. I eat those with my leafy salad that way I don't have to add salad dressing, If I don't want. I am not a big fan of salad dressing. (I also use avocados and tomoates, etc with salad when available.) My goal this week, is to make some homemade salad dressing. Trying not to use the oil. I have learned that if I don't have things prepared to grab, I will eat what is available and ready, ususally junk. I think a great challenge would be to eat 80% or 90% raw, but I am biased. Would be interesting to see how difficult it would be for others. I'm good now, but tried it before and seemed impossible.

SN: I have a scale that measure body fat, water, muscle, and bone density. I don't know how accurate it really is, butthey reccomend watching the trend as an indicator. I started using it again after gaining the weight this past week. I did notice a change in the percentage. My muscle is up, water is up, and fat is down. So that also encourages me that even though my weight is not cooperating, I am still headed inthe right direction.

Good luck all this week. Oh, will probably eat out this weekend, going wine tasting and such, but has been awhile. Eating out gets expensive, but then again so is shopping "healthly" (word? ;-)

Enjoy the wine tasting girly!! I want to try that one week!! But not this week. I am gonna stick with homecooked meals. BUT Starting Sunday I wont be eating RAW food but I am going on a 7 day detox with only FRUITS AND VEGGIE no meat, no bread no pasta.

SN: I need to get me one of those scales!!! I know that def made you feel a lot better!!
  • quelquun
    quelquun Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did TERRIBLE with my first week- combo of added stress at work and PMSing did not help matters!! However- I lost 1 lb this week! I was really not expecting that, but I guess the little bit I did helped. I did manage to do the mini challenges with the exception of adequate exercise (60 min/5 days a week was difficult with my schedule last week). I have plans to make up for it this next week- thanks for all the support guys!
  • stejskal32
    Options
    not a bad start for me :) 8 lbs!!