<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Can eggs stall weight loss? I've never even heard of that. I will easily eat 18 in a week by myself. Not even kidding. I do toss most of the yolks, not due to cholesterol but due to fat content. I like to use those calories for meat. :D Most commonly I'll have 4 egg whites & a whole egg scrambled together with some kind of meat.

No eggs dont stall weight loss, I just thought maybe eating the exact same thing every day would maybe slow things down, along the same line as how the body adapts to the same cardio if done over and over....so I wanted to "shake things up" is all!!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I actually got some proper exercise today, so totalled nearly 3000 calories. I tried to be conservative on recording the exercise, so didn't record anything for the pilates as it didn't feel all that tiring in comparison to teaching, which is what I would normally do. We'll see what the scales think over the next few days.

I've joined the Spartans challenge for November and I've pledged to do the 30DS every day and double up if I miss one. I had a huge NSV thanks to 30DS: I was whinging that I needed a new swimming costume because mine had no support, and then when I put it on, I found I wan't sagging anymore! The miracles of upper-body strength work!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    2136 calories today. feeling good. full though. going to do it all again tomorrow! :) pumpkin pancakes in the morning and I am looking forward to it!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    November Goals:
    1. Drink at least 6 cups of water a day.
    2. Eat one piece of fruit a day or at least every other day.
    3. Eat a NEW food at any social/holiday gatherings outside the house.
    4. Finish the 6W6P and start an interim strength training program (until I can get a barbell to start NROLFW, whichever comes first).
    5. Get weight lifting gloves
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    tagging thread - tired, think I'm coming down from that sugar high of the night. Kids brought in 20+ pounds of candy between the two of them (8 yo and 13 yo, they were hauling butt!)...I am going to have to factor in Snickers daily for like the next three months. HAH! Talk to ya in the morning!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    Options
    jade999a, do you have a link to the 50% off the BMF? If so, I may truly get it....... :bigsmile:

Here is the link for the BMF deal: http://www.bodymedia.com/site/landing/bwsavings.html

Hope everyone has a great Halloween! :bigsmile:

Thanks so much! :)
    I'll ruminate over this today. I'm at maintenance and wonder if I really need something like this, or if I'll just get by without it for now. It really comes at a time when I can't afford it, unfortunately.

I really SHOULDN'T have spent the money, but I just couldn't help myself and ordered one this evening! :ohwell: I'm excited for it to arrive so I can start using it! I'm curious to see how many calories it says I burn on a given day.

I really, really wanted to get it, but decided against it. For me, the holidays are coming up plus my brother's getting married in February and we have to save up for flying all of us (5) from Chicago to San Francisco. If there's any money left in the spring (tax refund?) then I'll revisit the idea.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    Options
    My latest war right now: the war on BELLY FAT. What are the iron-clad rules to reducing it, ladies? Is it truly all diet? I know that muscle burns calories faster, but most of the strength training I've been doing is upper body. Should I be strength training more "core" muscles? Yes, I already know that spot training is a myth. I can see some definition from the 6 Week 6 Pack DVD I've been doing, but there's still a layer of fat that's obscuring the view. So what has worked for you??
  • Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Tagging new thread!...hi everyone!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    So I'm new to this 2,000 level. Today is the closest I've ever come, and I found myself eating until I was beyond stuffed.
    Are you all maintaining, or gaining? I'm told to eat about 2,400 a day, but that seems like a LOT! Any advice is greatly appreciated!
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Welcome to the new joiners!

Bumping the new thread! I will write goals tomorrow morning and respond to posts...I'm exhausted and can barely type :(
    Happy Halloween!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Just gotta reduce bodyfat lucy - keep doign what you're doing.

On me I actually have some kind of wobbly belly skin too - and the fat is squishy. My belly is REALLY disproportionate looking now - I think its just the absolute last place you lose.
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone enjoyed Halloween (where applicable :) ! Fortunately, the candy wasn't too much of a temptation. I had a moment here and there but just had a fun-sized KitKat and that was enough!

I'll tell ya, the HARDEST part of this whole journey is allowing treats in my day. Even knowing I can "budget" for them, emotionally I still feel like I have to be 99% perfect. I'm getting better but I can really go the rounds with myself!

A few of my goals for November:

1) Lose three pounds by November 18th- the premiere of Breaking Dawn! Yes, my secret is out, I love the Twilight series!!

2) Try one new MFP recipe per week, preferably from this thread!

3) Identify one NSV per day

I'll have to post more later. It's past my bedtime!

Love this thread!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Lucy, it's mainly about losing body fat. It comes off slow, but it'll come eventually. That and eating well. I'm convinced it's the absolutely last place women lose weight. I'm still struggling a bit with that area, but starting to see progress. Just keep working at it.

Goals for November

-NROLFW. I finally started yesterday and I loved it! Can't wait to get back at it on Wednesday
    -No "lose control" binges. I want to allow myself some treats, but no all out crazy binges
    -Tabata twice per week
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Belly fat -- definitely the last place. It's the fat's last stand, unfortunately. Keep working at it!

November goals --
    1) Maintain at 128ish lbs (ESPECIALLY after the bounty of Thanksgiving!)
    2) Lower BF% by 1-2% (or is that too conservative??)
    3) Ride a black diamond run without needing to stop because I suck or the burn in my legs sucks worse :wink: (just bought my season pass to Solitude this year!)
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options

I make oatmeal pancakes and keep them in the freezer. I toast them in the morning and eat with peanut butter and banana slices like a sandwich -- delish!

Sounds yummy, can't wait to try them on the weekend!
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My goals for November

- Keep logging my food and exercise.
    - Finish C25K.
    - Start training for a 5K park run in December... I need to pick up the speed!
    - Do 30DS 5 x week.
    - Eat more... I think I might be losing a bit too fast so I need to up my cals again.
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! It is a beautiful morning here in Scotland - it is unseasonably warm at the moment - though I guess all that snow you've been having in North America is coming our way...

Pilates class number 2 for me yesterday - it is interesting how hard it felt given that all we did was stand and then lie on the floor! Today the blood donor van is at our office so I won't do any exercise other than my utility cycling. (How many calories do you reckon giving blood is worth? :wink: :laugh: )

Goals for November
    1) to eat more fruit and less chocolate (I've got into the habit of having a bar at lunchtime, and while I can probably "afford" the calories, it isn't a good habit to be in)
    2) to make good use of the vegetables from our veg box.
    3) to try and get another weights session in each week.
  • kellylea87
    kellylea87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just caught up. Thanks for all the advice I am downloading NROLFW to my kindle and can't wait.

My stats are 5ft 2in, 126lbs, bust 34in, waist 29 in, hips,38in

I have my fitness pal set at lightly active, I'm a childminder so I'm on my feet lifting children and walking around alot. I log any walk outside the house that gets my heart rate up nicely.

MFP says I should have 1730cals to maintain, protein86 g fat48 g carbs237 g

My plan is to exercise properly 5 days a week and eat back some of the calories and I'm hoping that will result in fat loss and muscle gain?

I've had a few weeks now of eating anything I can get my hands on I think its from going back on my pill. Going to reign it and make the right choices again.

I've logged everything for my day today to keep me on track. Plan on a good long walk with my pram today and 30DS tonight.

Thankfully for me I have no sweet tooth I prefer savoury as I have a house full of sweets from halloween.

My November Goals are to

Restart running
    Do the 30DS 4 out of 7 days atleast
    Make better food choices
    Drink more water

I'm terrible I can go all day without a drink unless its diet cola! I'm sat with a bottle of water right now and I've had a redbush tea.

x x x
    Options
    Belly fat -- definitely the last place. It's the fat's last stand, unfortunately. Keep working at it!

November goals --
    1) Maintain at 128ish lbs (ESPECIALLY after the bounty of Thanksgiving!)
    2) Lower BF% by 1-2% (or is that too conservative??)
    3) Ride a black diamond run without needing to stop because I suck or the burn in my legs sucks worse :wink: (just bought my season pass to Solitude this year!)

Bodyfat goals are excellent. As a female with less testosterone than a male you will find it more difficult to gain muscle. So I would say 1% is a good goal. That's gaining about 1-1.5 pounds of muscle and losing an equivalent amount of fat.
    Options
    So I'm new to this 2,000 level. Today is the closest I've ever come, and I found myself eating until I was beyond stuffed.
    Are you all maintaining, or gaining? I'm told to eat about 2,400 a day, but that seems like a LOT! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I don't think anyone here is gaining for the sake of gaining. Muscle gain is a bit different though.most of us are trying to lose slowly while primarily focusing on fat loss. I am focused on a really slow loss...maybe 1.5 pounds per month. I eat 2100+ usually since I upped my calories and usually burn more than planned.

Tip for food
    Nuts--2 Oz a day is 320 cals and not super filling.
    Peanut butter- blend into shakes or stir into oatmeal
    Whole milk yogurt and dairy products (if no heart disease history)
    Seeds- on cooked veggies, salads, as a snack
    Avocado
    Olive oil
    Fatty fish
    Hummus/tahini/guacamole for dipping
    Olives

Basically choose healthy foods that are calorie dense so that you don't have to stuff yourself. Don't "save" calories unless you know you cab eat them later. Really...just enjoy food and rid yourself of food guilt because that's the biggest demotivator when it comes to getting enough cals in.