Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #15

Options
WEEK #15?!?!?!? I can't believe we made it this far but here we are!!!!

CCC1-6.jpg
CCC2-5.jpg

We went from 140 interested people to 53 dedicated individuals. Of those, 40 weighed in this week and I'm hoping the other 13 join back with us next week. Please remember, if you are ever taken off the chart, it doesn't mean you are out! Just let me know and I'll add you back. I still have your info saved. I'm just trying to keep the chart clean :flowerforyou:

KRISTINKT...... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You made it to your Christmas goal before Halloween!!! Great job! You now join luvmyjp and nevermorex in the category of Success!!! Time to think about a potential new goal for Christmas :drinker:

And now we have 10 people that are less than 10 pounds from their Christmas goal! Let see you reel in those numbers over the next couple of weeks!!!
Neize
leslyta
steibll
pinkita
lpeacock06
SSampley
abjedi
PositivePower
gardenimp
meggers123

sfalk1977 joined the 10%+ club last week and has lost over 10% of her weight and is ONE pound from a 20 pound loss in this challenge.... AWESOME!!!

Cateyes0831 is quickly closing in on 25 pounds lost!!!

In the 15lb+ Club :love: meggers123 julietsingleton leslyta craft338 abeks jiminyc Trixtabella nevermorex sfalk1977

In the 10lb+ Club :bigsmile: yramesor333 gardenimp lotusthrone azeria abjedi Cmuehe NeuroticVirgo want_it_25 SSampley angiemcnett kckramp lpeacock06 PositivePower

In the 5lb+ Club :drinker: cmpinklisa APO_Katie Kagard11 Neize steibll Irishmomof2 kjnicol johanna_elaine
pinkita phoenix113

Great job to everyone!!! For those of us that didn't make a list above (myself included), that doesn't mean a thing! We are still committed and dedicated! I'm still fighting to get back to my starting weight and I know I'm not alone! Let's stand together and start kicking some serious butt :heart:

IT IS OFFICIAL NOW, WE ARE IN THE HOLIDAY SEASON! THIS IS WHEN MOST PEOPLE LOSE THEIR WILLPOWER AND GAIN EVERYTHING THEY'VE LOST! NOW I TRULY BELIEVE IN GIVING YOURSELF A CHEAT DAY HERE AND THERE BUT WE CAN NOT TAKE THE NEXT TWO MONTHS OFF!!! :huh:

PHYSICAL CHALLENGE
Ok, it's time to start getting physical again! We have taken some down time with meditation and whatnot and not we really need to start kicking some *kitten*!

Jumping Jacks with Front Kicks
Do one jumping jack. After you jump the feet back together, bring the right knee up and snap the foot out in a front kick (don't extend the leg all the way, but keep a small bend in the knee). Do another jumping jack and kick with the left foot. Alternate jumping jacks and kicks. My challenge to you is to complete 25 of these each day or 150 by the end of the challenge week. (Remember, always adjust to your body's ability but do NOT short change yourself. Push your body, just not to the point of injury.)

PERSONAL CHALLENGE
I'm sure you all know by now that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I think I had posted it here one time that we should "Eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a beggar." This is one of the hardest things I have tried to do. To me, dinner is the best meal and I try to save up calories to make sure I can make is a good one. But for some people, just incorporating breakfast into their day is a challenge.

Your challenge this week is to make sure that you eat breakfast each and every day. If you already do so, your challenge is to make it the most important meal of your day. Breakfast is the fuel your body uses to start each day. Let's give it some high octane fuel! :drinker:

Ok all, challenge is on! Let's get those rockin' bodies moving and ready for the new year! Don't quit now! You've made it so far already!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    thanks for the support:)
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i love this week's challenge! i am recommitting myself to this 100%. i have been seriously slacking and gained back almost all that i lost since i started this challenge. time to get the rest of this weight off! woo!
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i love this week's challenge! i am recommitting myself to this 100%. i have been seriously slacking and gained back almost all that i lost since i started this challenge. time to get the rest of this weight off! woo!

I'm with you on that one!!!

Thanks for the challenge this week and I actually want to up it and do 50 JJkicks each day as I really need to get my *kitten* moving. I have also decided to start C25K this week! So fingers crossed that goes well.

I also want to give a special thanks to Jenn :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: as when I was about to give up she sent me a message to encourage me to come back. JENN YOUR THE BEST!!!
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bumping for later :)
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Had a reallyyyy low cal day yesterday (by accident... just SO busy with no food around where I was), so now I'm starving and hope I don't eat the whole house today!

Annnndddd... I still don't have power. Or heat. ::frown:
  • jiminyc
    jiminyc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenges, Jenn! Hope you are feeling all better now!

Have a great week, everyone!
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jenn tour great!!! Love the challenges this week!!! Have a great week everyone!!!
  • shaverkl191
    Options
    I'm definitely feeling motivated this week! The last couple of weeks I've been trying to work out in the morning but I always hit snooze and go back to bed. Well, last night I moved my alarm clock to the opposite side of the room. So when my alarm went off this morning, I had no choice but to get out of bed to shut it off. Got a 40 minute Insanity workout in and am feeling GREAT this morning! It feels good to be back on track :happy:
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hey all-
    Just had some granola for breakfast...good challenge. I struggle with breakfast and wind up skipping it or eating something awful. Will be my goal to eat healthily. Think this coming weekend I am going to clean my pantry and stock up on some stuff for recipes from new cookbook I have purchased...Clean Eating 2. Want to cut a lot of the c**p I have been eating out of my life...or at least limit it. Good luck peeps!!!!
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Bump :)
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Happy November! Jenn Thanks for the wonderful update!!!! Yes it is time to keep going for the prize! My goal is to be feeling so good at the first of the year that my resolution is not to lose weight!!! I want it to be to keeping it off!

So let's step it up and make some weight loss records!!! We have to try to focus on our cheat days being Thanksgiving and Christmas Day or what ever holiday you celebrate...maybe throw in a party here and there but that's it!!!! The holidays don't mean everyday is a cheat day. We can do this...we have to stick together and share our struggles and successes.

What helps me is to tell you guys what my plan is when going to a party or with exercise. If I tell you what I am doing I want to do everything I can to be able to report back that I did the right thing. Figure out what will help you follow through with "Making Good Choices" and do it...we are all in this together!

We can and WILL make this a successful holiday and still have fun!!!!!!

OK I am off my soap box :tongue: Have a Great Day
  • femmerides
    Options
    so far a GREAT start! I'm already down to 182.1lbs again! it was definitely water retention that made me gain. breakfast today is 1/2 cup oats with 1 cup water, 2 stevia, 2tsp cinnamon, and 2 tsp benefiber. oh and lots of water to drink. :-) I will do my physical challenge by the end of the day. :-)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Had a reallyyyy low cal day yesterday (by accident... just SO busy with no food around where I was), so now I'm starving and hope I don't eat the whole house today!

Annnndddd... I still don't have power. Or heat. ::frown:

Oh My! I would go crazy! Maybe go hang out at a mall or something? Hope you have a good day today, don't eat the whole house, you can do it : )
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Yes it is time to keep going for the prize! My goal is to be feeling so good at the first of the year that my resolution is not to lose weight!!!

I think my New Years Resolution almost every year for the past 10 years has been "I really want to lose weight this year"... I don't even know what my resolution would be if that wasn't it anymore... lol

What about everyone else ?
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Thanks again Jen for running this, and letting me back in. (I was one of those who dropped off the planet for like 4 weeks, and she was nice enough to fit me right back in. :flowerforyou: )

Can I double dip? I'm thinking of doing my jumping jack front kicks with my 30 day shred (I already have to do like 25 jumping jacks, so I'll just add in front kicks?).

I'm really bad about eating breakfast, I usually don't eat for about 4-5 hours after I wake up. Today I did eat though...but it was a weird one...all I had was onions, mushrooms and garlic cooked up in a frying pan. Was pretty tasty...but weird for breakfast, and alone...more like something I'd usually eat with steak or something.

I just wanted to show off my daughters costume, it turned out really cool looking. :smile: She was a punk rock zombie.

punkzombie-1.jpg
  • femmerides
    Options
    Thanks again Jen for running this, and letting me back in. (I was one of those who dropped off the planet for like 4 weeks, and she was nice enough to fit me right back in. :flowerforyou: )

Can I double dip? I'm thinking of doing my jumping jack front kicks with my 30 day shred (I already have to do like 25 jumping jacks, so I'll just add in front kicks?).

I'm really bad about eating breakfast, I usually don't eat for about 4-5 hours after I wake up. Today I did eat though...but it was a weird one...all I had was onions, mushrooms and garlic cooked up in a frying pan. Was pretty tasty...but weird for breakfast, and alone...more like something I'd usually eat with steak or something.

I just wanted to show off my daughters costume, it turned out really cool looking. :smile: She was a punk rock zombie.

punkzombie-1.jpg

that is definitely a different kind of breakfast than i'm used to. lol. btw, your daughters costume is AWESOME!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Breakfast has become a habit for me, but the JJKick will be a challenge.

I think I would like to change my goal to 175. It is hard to believe that is in sight for me. I really wanted that to be my goal in July but didn't have the confidence I could make it there. I didn't want an unreachable goal and felt that 25 pounds might be pushing it. I really have found a lot of my motivation through the help of this thread.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge/thread! Whenever I feel a lack of modivation, I know right where to go :)

NeuroticVirgo- your daughter's costume was awesome! I missed halloween this year. Although it's becoming more popular in Germany, there were no trick-or-treaters here.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hey Kristin.....Wanta race????:wink: We are in about the same place with the same goal. You have gotten much fast results than me...so I might be setting my self up :huh: It could be fun :drinker:

I want to make my goal in our time frame but I think once I get there I feel like I can go further :bigsmile: With the help of MFP and you guys :heart: