Like Minded Lushes - November 2011

Options

Replies

• MartiJJohnston
    Options
    Feel like caca today. and for once it isn't the booze.
    Pretty sure it's the sugar from all the candy I normally don't eat. I don't even like chocolate very much (don't hate me)..and I think I had about 5 mini kit kat bars..and had one for breakfast.
    I have a killer headache.

I just threw all the rest away.

Happy November everyone!:drinker:

I mixed hops AND some candy... Didn't log it cause I walked it off (and didn't log that). My body also isn't used to candy or chocolate anymore. And I don't crave it either. No haters here! :wink:

Good for you for throwing out the rest of the kit kats! Hope you feel better soon!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,161 Member
    Options

I just threw all the rest away.

*Mourning the loss of perfectly good Kit Kats* :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad:

But ya gotta do what ya gotta do...Hope you feel better soon!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    haha wolf!! i was giving handfuls of candy away at the end there..but it just died after 8pm.
    I shouldn't have any issues having them around since I really don't like chocolate much..unless it's dark. But i found myself grabbing one just to grab one..and it literally made me ill. :frown:
    perhaps I should throw the wine out too.

uhhh...no. NOT gunna happen. :wink:
  • sheilarosella
    sheilarosella Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    are you feeling alright...poor wine lol don't think i ever did that:smile:
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    glad to see this group is still around:) i've been gone for a while, but am back on mfp and hoping to lose weight again and not have to give up my wine entirely:) hope all is well with everyone- happy november!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    chloe, congrats on the rescue puppy!
    Monday=0 drinks! I don't think I have typed 0 drinks for awhile!
    Probably no drinking tonight. But definitely tomorrow.. margs!

You are a role model! 0 on a Monday is a tough one for me!!!

I am currently sipping on my second glass of Gnarly Head Old Vine Zin. I can't help it -- it is delish and I love it!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    So I dressed up like a witch yesterday but I'm thinking I shoulda been a pirate with the massive amounts of rum I drank last night! Not feeling so good today:sick: I was seriously thinking I might have to call in sick to work but then my boss called me and said she wasn't openning the bar today... way cool!

Dot, I couldn't imagine trying to teach kids the day after Halloween. In fact when I picked up my kindergardener today his teacher told me she would give Ryder a pass being the day after Halloween but if he acted the way he did today ever again he would be visiting the principal!
  • sehein7
    sehein7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I hate seeing "bump" everywhere on message boards, so instead, I'll say "CHEERS" :drinker:
  • alair1980
    alair1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Monday started with a red wine headache from Sunday, and Tuesday the headache continued! Tonight = 0.5 glass of red wine.

Thursday we go to bottle 30 bottles of white wine :bigsmile: I am so looking forward to Thursday, now I've just got to get through hot yoga tomorrow.
  • k_frank
    Options
    Well, the month of October did me in, as I drank probably way too much. But this is a new month and while it will be impossible for me to stop drinking completely, I am definitely going to try to drink less, less often! We'll see how it goes. But like you said, with the holidays and all the delicious fall beers, it will be hard!
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've managed 4 days in a row without a drink. This is absolutely unheard of for me - I'm a bottle a night girl so I can't stop patting myself on the back LOL. Just one more day to go and then I can treat myself. Weekends here are Fri/Sat so the weekend begins on Thursday night and I'm sooooo looking forward to those 5 glasses of wine.

Does everyone record their drinks by alcohol unit or by glass/can/bottle?
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Good evening lushes. Nothing to report except hello all!
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Ok this sucks, I did so good last week with 0 until Thursday
    Monday - 3
    Tuesday - 2

I have to behave the rest of the week

Goal <10
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    One 8oz glass of wine last night, probably the same for tonight. Taking the kitties for their annual tonight, spending all that $$$ makes me want to drink :tongue:
    The rest of my week will probably involve some wine every night and saturday will be lots of beer for sure. Going to my sister in laws new place and she is ALWAYS a bad influence....or I'm a bad influence, either way we always have fun :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0

I got mandatory cancelled from work today. Ummm, good thing, because I didn't even know I was scheduled today. I would have been a no-show. WTH??? I never do that!! Even better that I decided not to tie one on last night!!

Shooting for a ZERO today!!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    :laugh: "forgot" the wine? :bigsmile: Threw out the kit-kats? :indifferent: Is this the Twilight Zone?

:flowerforyou: Congrats on the rescue pup and to all those doing well.

:tongue: Hugs, tickles and butt kicks to the rest of us.

:ohwell: I want the RESULTS of limiting Fri/Sat/Sun to a pint and a half of beer or 3 sm glasses of wine/day...
    BUT when it comes down to it, I always want to drink more! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:sad: Failing by consistently trading what I want most for what I want at the moment, as the leader of another thread says...Maybe I just don't want the results enough?
    Sure did last night when I had to look at myself in the mirror for the entire 2 hr line dance class.:sick:

wine=4 oz
    beer=16 oz

Mon: 2 wine
    Tues: 0
    Let's keep it at zero til Friday!!!
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Ok this sucks, I did so good last week with 0 until Thursday
    Monday - 3
    Tuesday - 2

I have to behave the rest of the week

Goal <10

Sober results have came to me today, last week I dropped 1.6 lbs and I only had the one drink on Thursday. I haven't lost any I have gain .4 and I have drank since Thursday of last week... I can't keep doing this if I want my weight to start moving...please god give me the strength to keep it under 5 drinks next week...
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I love that you guys have these threads going every month. So many people think that they can't have wine or anything when they're dieting. Yes, I dropped a buttload of weight one time when I wasn't drinking at all, but, I've also lost weight and toned up while enjoying my chianti. My "goal" for the next couple of weeks is to keep my red wine (obsession) to 8oz a day.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Tuesday=1 drink
    I ended up pouring a glass of white at 10:30pm, dunno why, should have just gone to bed.
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 4 lt beers (but didn't go "over" on calories)