November Turkey Trot 10 lb Challenge

Options

Replies

• arwaleenah
    arwaleenah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    HI guys i hope its not too late. I would love to join you in this challenge, i hope Nov turns out to be a successful month for me.
  • LoMadd0406
    LoMadd0406 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I had a hard month in October, so I'm hoping for a better month in November. My goal is 10lbs!!!! Good luck to everyone!!
  • julzmamabear
    Options
    I'm ready for the November Challenge!!!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Looking for the nutritional challenge for week one. Did I miss it, I can't find it. I really need to get going as the chocolate is calling me and I do not want to give in.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support. I am on bed rest this week, so I will try and just maintain but if all is okay physically next week I should be able to start the exercise part. The emotionaly part of this miscarriage will last alot longer. So thanks again for your support.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Found my name on the spread sheet. My goal is to actually reach my goal and to tone up my body. I'll be 30 on the 3rd and am having a small bash with friends an family (and I mean small, bro, sis-in-law, husband, & my BFF) but it's the quality of friends that matters not the quantity.
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    Hoping I can get in a workout today. I hurt my back yesterday moving an ottoman in my living room. I'm going to the chiropractor today so hopefully my back will feel better enough to at least go for a walk. And my legs keep cramping up :( The calories part of the challenge is going to be easy for me because I hardley ever go over my calories. If I eat more than 1200 I gain weight. The water might be a bit of a challenge because I never think about drinking anything and only get thirsty when I workout.

Good luck to everyone this month!
  • ladybugmommy10
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined MFP, and I am interested in participating in this challenge. This is my first challenge (and actually my first message- WOOT!) I will add my info. to the spreadsheet. Thanks and good luck!! :happy:
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    I like participating in the weightloss tracking but I don't know how well I will do with the challenge part. I will be traveling in November...on a cruise so I not sure if I should participate this month. I would like to stay accountable to the weightloss but I might really suck at the exercise challenges...but what is new?

I just returned from a month long vacation and 1 week of that was a cruise. I was able to get in the exercise by using the stairs on the ship instead of the elevator and made it to the gym on the ship 4 days out of 7 to ride the bike and get in 10 miles each time. Good luck to you.
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo!!!! :D Great to be back for November's challenge! I'm looking forward to actually losing weight this holiday season instead of gaining the normal 10-15lbs. XD How is everyone doing?? :)
  • youuluvashh
    youuluvashh Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Challange

10/1 - 45BootCamp=6.4 miles, 30C25K=2.1 // 104 oz. // Under Calories
    10/2 -
    10/3 -
    10/4 -

Total Miles: 8.5
    Miles Left: 11.5
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    saving for later :D
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    well today was day one and I did well first day back feels good! I did a lighter work out which equalled just over 4 miles, and I stayed under my calorie goal, and got in 80 ounces of water... Hoping tomorrow I can stay on pace :)
  • randylevy
    randylevy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Joining a day late. Glad my name was still on the list. October was not my best month, but I'm ready to trot. Good Luck everyone.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Looking for the nutritional challenge for week one. Did I miss it, I can't find it. I really need to get going as the chocolate is calling me and I do not want to give in.

Haha - helps if I actually post it on here and not just on the spreadsheet!

Mini-challenges will typically run Friday - Thursday and I will post a new mini-challenge each Thursday. Since the challenge started on a Tuesday, the mini-challenges won't officially start until Friday November 4th, but if you want to start early - go for it!

The first nutritional mini-challenge is to drink a minimum of 64 oz water per day and stay at or under your calorie goal 6/7 days.
  • arwaleenah
    Options
    Week 1 challenge
    11/1-bootcamp 73 min (2.4miles), zumba 60 min(5.4miles), under calories and drank 48oz H2O
  • arwaleenah
    Options
    Week 1 challenge
    11/1-bootcamp 73 min (2.4miles), zumba 60 min(5.4miles), under calories and drank 48oz H2O
    My mistake bootcamp should be 10.4 miles
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Week 1 challenge
    My mistake bootcamp should be 10.4 miles

HAHAHA I was like WHAT!!!! How is it so few miles for 73 mins! Phew! Off to do my bootcamp now :)
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It won't mess up the spreadsheet if I change my miles each day, will it? It's easier if I just add on every day instead of keeping a running total somewhere separate and imputing at the end of the week. Already up to 22 miles this week. Spinning class today helped out a lot ;)
  • pitstop112000
    pitstop112000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok im in for this, im new to all this so if anyone can give me some words of wisdom i would really appreciate would like to have 16 pounds gone before the big turkey day at christmas, anyway i have added myself on the spreadsheet, im pitstop112000 and im planning to do it on an eliptical walker along with some acqa aerobics. Any receipies would be greatly appreciated as i find cooking separete dinners for the family a problem. Looking forward to getting to know you all.