Popular movies that you just didn't like

Options

Replies

• Beccatink
    Beccatink Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Inglorious *kitten*

Me too, I just didn't get it...and it's not often that I have to admit to that!
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Bridesmaids was a yawnfest. But I can't stand Maya Rudolph, she makes me itch.

I thought I was the only one that didn't find this remotely funny. Hangover was okay but didn't live up to the hype of being funnier than Super Troopers. I can watch that movie over and over again. lol
  • Beccatink
    Options
    Titanic, Twilight, Kill Bill, Sex and the City, Saw movies, Highschool Musical, Rocky movies, The Matrix movies, and anything with Nicholas Cage, Tom Cruise, Jennifer Aniston, Jim Carrey, Keanu Reeves, Larry the Cable Guy

"Saw" movies - they are so disturbing - I shudder just thinking about it

I used to love horror movies, but I can't stand Saw, I watched the first one and couldn't bear to watch the other ones. Definitely disturbing!
  • Beccatink
    Options
    Blair witch project....what was that all about???
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Blair witch project....what was that all about???

Witches...duh!
  • Booboo78
    Booboo78 Posts: 169
    Options
    I hated the Blair Witch Project as well - shame it was only got interesting during the very last 5 minutes of the film.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    some these answers are really surprising! some i totally agree with :)

kill bill
    twighlight
    momento
    pulp fiction
    blair witch
    saw
    and about a billion others lol
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Twilight....

And I really like Vampire movies too...but it just has so much teenage angst I want to hang myself.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    1. Titanic: Bleck would could have been interesting was made poopy by some sappy love story. I hate movies that TRY to make you cry
    2. Avatar: 30 minutes into it I thought "JHC, this HAS to have been 3 hours by now" hated it.
    3. Marley and Me: Again stop trying to make me cry.

I AGREE! :drinker: :tongue:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    American Beauty (TERRIBLE!)
    Star Wars - all of them. I just don't get what is so great about them.

My brother would have a heart attack if he read that, I can almost hear him in my head saying "SHAME!" lol He's a big star wars fan.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Twilight.

YES.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Question for those of you who didn't like Harry Potter.

Did you not like the movies because you had read the books and didn't like all the side plots that had been taken out?
    or
    Did you not like to movie because you hadn't read the books and wasn't really sure what was going on?
    or
    Did you just not read the book or watch the movie and don't like it for other reasons?

If there is another reason please state I'm just curious of why people didn't like the movies. I'm a Harry Potter fan, but I like to get into discussion about the movies and what people did or didn't like about them.

I actually really liked the movies, but I hadn't read the books. I just couldn't seem to get into her writing....but because everyone told me I was missing out I got them as Audio books. Now I'm on book 5. I also really like the books. I like stories that really make me attached to the characters, if I don't care if the people in the story live or die, then its not a good one. LOL
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Not sure anyone will noticed this so many pages in....

Question:

Do you or anyone you know seem to NOT LIKE movies/books etc just because they are popular? It could be a good story etc, but they will automatically discredit it because they think its a "fad"?
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Harry Potter
    Any of the "Hangover" type movies :sick:
  • healthy_KT
    healthy_KT Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Avatar, otherwise known as the blue people Pocahontas. I saw it with my aunt and uncle and she was like crazy about it. I didn't understand what was so amazing.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Twilight.
  • tulip07
    tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    American Beauty

Pretty Woman
    ^^I am probably the minority but I don't get how a movie about a prostitute by choice (not pimped) can be a fairy tale feel good movie. Something that doesn't sit right for me.
  • tulip07
    tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    *double post*
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Question for those of you who didn't like Harry Potter.

Did you not like the movies because you had read the books and didn't like all the side plots that had been taken out?
    or
    Did you not like to movie because you hadn't read the books and wasn't really sure what was going on?
    or
    Did you just not read the book or watch the movie and don't like it for other reasons?

If there is another reason please state I'm just curious of why people didn't like the movies. I'm a Harry Potter fan, but I like to get into discussion about the movies and what people did or didn't like about them.

I'm curious about this too, I'm a Harry Potter nut.
    I don't like the movies because the story is wishy washy compared to the books. I still watched them all, I still enjoyed them but I don't relate them to the books. I see it as a different, less complicated, version of what happened. :)

Agreed! this is exactly what I do, because if I didn't look at them as seperate I would go on rampages all the time about what they left out and how important it was and all that jazz. I've had to explain to quite a few people what actually happened in the last movie, because her story of peoples decisions effect their futures and love conquers all was kinda of lost in all the action.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Bridesmaids...its just not funny. At all.

And every Adam Sandler movie made since...oh probably since 50 First Dates? I used to love him but his movies are trash now! Ever seen I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry - UGH!