200+ Sheddin' the Stuffin

Options

Replies

• KatheryneLynne
    Options
    Much more awake this morning. And for once my morning walk wasn't in the rain....cold...but no rain. I expect snow here by the end of the week, so I need to go get some new shoe claws (i'm sure they have another name, I just have no idea what it is).

Yesterday my husband sent me flowers, we have now officially been together 10 years--we started dating the first week of November. Sometimes he can be so sweet. But Is it bad of me that the first thing i thought was, Man, I could have used that money to ________________ .

Nava--glad you were able to get your McRib. I've never been a big fan myself. Me...I'd consider selling limbs for a nice juicy Arby's Roast beef sandwich. Probably a very good thing that the only fast food in town is McDonalds and Subway.

Amy--that cruise sounds like fun. I want to go on one.

Pam--so, does the veggie sausage come in links? If so, what is the casing made out of, I thought sausage casing was made of intestines. I'm curious now. If i remember I'll have to google it later.

Jessie--I joke with the husband all the time that were just old foggies. In bed by 10 EVERY work night or else I'm an absolute pain to deal with the next morning. I absolutely have to have at least 8 hours of sleep. I do my best with 9. As for the birds, I'm sorry to be laughing at your pain, but that sounds like it would have been funny to watch.

-Katheryne
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    To all Vegetarians or those wanting to try vegetarian sausage: http://www.fieldroast.com/products.htm I bought a three pack at Costco but have yet to try it.

And to those talking about London and Indian food - I've read and watched food shows that feature Indian foods in London. Apparently they have some of the best curries in the world there and a huge Indian population so you get lots of great food. In fact there is an Indian cooking show that has a woman go into peoples houses and teach them what to buy and how to cook it. Looks de-vine!

Katheryne - well...flowers are nice and at least he thought of doing something for you right? Many don't. Oh and yummmm arby's sandwich with a ton of cheese sauce and arbys sauce? Also my fav too.

Pam - yeay for not gaining during TOM. Good for you for doing Zumba class. I did it once and couldn't keep up with the steps, again not coordinated like that, but it was fun.

Megan - YES I am SO ready for the weekend.

Pam - Considering that it is grey sky and rain here 6 months of the year, the directv works quite well actually. The bad thing is that its a one or two year contract, so once you say yes, you are stuck with it. And yeah, the Sword of Truth series is what it is called. I thought he was done writing the series, but I just read a new book with the same characters, so maybe its another series with the same people? I will be interested to see what he comes up with to keep them going because he's covered about everything, though this new book was pretty awesome too.

Amy - sorry, I won't bring up any more websites, lol. I never even knew about that title9 site until I got a mag for it last night and was like Ohhhhh cool! lol. Way cool on the cruise dude. I'm jealous. Speaking of traveling I need to get on the disneyworld website and start plotting our attack. Maybe I will do that today.

As for me, nothing much to report..I went to lunch yesterday and still managed to stay under carb count. I was full enough that I skipped dinner. I had one piece of bread and some wine and still managed to stay under carbs - although I wonder if I should look at a few more pinot grigio options because I notice now that there are only 2 carbs listed in it or something :huh: Anyways, I spilled more wine than I drank. All over my left leg and shirt..but at least it wasn't in my crotch!
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    hi.

Sorry I have been missing all week. It has been a doozie.

WARNING:::MEGA RANT::::::WARNING

My friend went BACK into surgery because she was leaking cerebral spinal fluid. She should be back in rehab tomorrow. Sharing the load for feeding the family and cleaning their house has been a huge help, but I have simply replaced that responsibility with helping other families. For serious, people. I can't say 'no.' Every day last and this week I have either watched someone's kids, prepared a meal for another family, or cleaned someone else's house. And in the middle of all of that, I threw a huge birthday party, tried to take care of MY home and family, and exercise. Example: I have two children. But on Thursday, there were six children here, all under the age of 5, I was cleaning and decorating for the party, making a meal for the family down the street, (even though we were going out since it was Wiggle's actual birthday), and all of a sudden one of our chickens got sick. I brought her in and was assessing the issue when she died. In my sink. With SIX kids standing there, food on the stove caught fire and burned the inside of the hood above the stove...and me. The kids are now screaming "The house is on fire!!" That was my turning point. I am done. Finished. no more. I just can't do ONE MORE THING for anyone else. And I feel like a selfish b*tch for saying that, but seriously. I am sick today, my joints are KILLING me. My house is a wreck. My kids are happy, only by the grace of God. I haven't had sex in almost two weeks and I AM DONE! Man, I feel better. I am so sorry I just dumped that on you, but thanks for listening. I need a drink.

/endrant

Nava: Take me with you when you go to London? I cook, clean, and am usually a pretty fun gal. And I am with you 100% on the McRib. Yum.

Lacey: Way to go on your carb counting. You are really rockin' it!! Great job!! It takes all I have to stay under my calories right now, let alone carbs.

Pam: I am excited to hear how your Zumba class goes. I never did tell you how beautiful those pictures of you and bf were, but MAN!! You are a serious looker! He's cute too, but he's lucky to have you.

Megan: Kudos on the eating out bit. When I did WW years ago, I started ordering off the kids menu and it worked great for me. Also, if you just order what you want and have them bring 1/2 of it in a to-go container all packaged up, it makes it easier to keep portions down. Great choices in a tough situation, though!!

Amy: I. Am. So. Jealous. (I'll be happy for you later when I'm not so busy feeling sorry for myself.) Seriously, awesome Christmas gift!! Wahoo!!

Katheryne: Flowers!! How sweet!! But I totally get the $$ thing. He was being chivalrous. Take it and smile. :wink:

Megan: Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Hell yes.

I know I missed a bunch of you, but I promise to reply more later. Time for a nap here.
  • az82
    az82 Posts: 152
    Options
    Ugh. So much for getting back on track yesterday. I did my work-out, packed my lunch for the day, planned out my dinner, and then I still found myself going through Wendy's drive thru at 10 pm last night because I was hungry, hadn't made it home yet, and the idea of cooking anything that late did not sound appealing. Normally Wednesday is crock pot day or leftover day because between school and work, Matt and I leave the house at around 8 a.m. and don't make it home until at least 9:30pm, or like last night, closer to 10. So really, I should have known better than to try and plan something that would need to be cooked when we got home. I was just setting myself up for disaster. And then, did I actually try and eat something relatively within my calories? No. I was tired and miserable and let myself alleviate my misery with greasy fast food. In the end this just made me feel worse. I really need to kick my *kitten* in gear if I am going to meet my six week goals. I'll be home by 7 tonight so I might just have the energy to make something that won't destroy my calories for the day...

Pam - that's a great goal! I really like the idea of mixing it up so much. I have a tendency of getting bored easily, so I might just have to try to do the same. I think I'm gonna go try and go to game stop and get Zumba for the wii this weekend. I love dancing when I've been drinking - but sober, i'm not the most coordinated person so I don't know how well I'll do - but it sounds like fun anyway.

Jesse - they frozen turkey thing sounds like a lot of fun! I would so love to have a chance to win a freezer! Of course then i'd need a place to keep it, and thats a whole different problem...

Keisha - Whereabouts in the Chicago area are you from? I lived in Tinley Park for a long time before my family moved to Indiana. Of all the places I've lived and visited, Chicago is still one of my favorites.

Rain - thanks for the encouragement! It helps knowing that I'm not the only one who struggled with this. The idea of running for 20 minutes at a time seems so far out of reach at the moment - good work on all your progress!

Nava - Ouch! I hope all is well with your braces! As far as DoD is concerned - it took me forever to finish it. I actually took a break and read the whole Hunger Games series before returning and finishing it.

Katheryne - I LOVE quinoa too. I bought this cook book recently called 365 quinoa. It has a ton of great ideas in it like quinoa for breakfast - who knew? I tried it the other morning and it was delicious! My parents live about an hour and a half north of Indy - in Marion, IN. I don't really go home all that often, but when I do, I love how cheap everything is!

Amy - going on a cruise for xmas sounds like so much fun!

I agree with everyone who is saying that Indian food in London is delicious. As someone who is Indian herself, I am really picky about indian food in restaurants but I went to a couple of places on Brick Lane and everything I had was delicious. Not the most traditional of foods - but still super yummy.

Sarah - with all that you've been doing, it's no wonder you need to rant! And you definitely do not sound selfish for not wanting to add anything else to your already full plate - sometimes you just need to focus on yourself and your own otherwise you'll go crazy... no harm in that!

I really must get back to work. You ladies sure are a great distraction though!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Katheryne, the veggie sausage doesn't really have a casing, it's just sort of compressed together. The kind I got in London was HUGE and made fresh that day...so good. Usually they're just in a package at the store and you just pop them out and fry them, microwave them, or cut them up into recipes. So sweet of the hubby to buy you flowers! Understandable to worry about money, but I agree with Sarah, just enjoy them. :smile:

Lacey, I really like the Fieldroast brand Smoked Applewood kind of "sausage" (I think that's what it's called). Yummy! I bought it in the DC area but can't seem to find it around here anywhere. The two year contract thing was the other thing stopping me from getting Direct TV...I always hate those contract deal things. I will be adding the Sword of Truth series to my "to read" list now; thanks! Also, I look so ridiculous and uncoordinated during zumba too. I mean like seriously odd. I've decided that I'm not going to let that get in the way of me doing it though. I like to pretend that no one can see me when I'm flailing around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Sarah, awwww, thanks! :blushing: I always think of Tim as the looker in our relationship, but I'll take the compliment! :smile: Man, you have had your hands seriously FULL! You're not being the least bit selfish in telling people you can't do any more either -- you've done more than most people would ever think to do! You need to take time to rest, take care of just you and your family, and help yourself feel better, including getting in some LIA. :wink:

I went home for lunch today and it is just SO BEAUTIFUL outside here...sooooo hard to come back to work.
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    okay Ami--I just added that book to my Amazon wish list :smile:

-Katheryne
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Waiting to board the plane - yeah for vacations...

Jessie - I did my running outside and was so elated to run, I loved the intervals...

Sarah - put your kids and yourself first. Learn to say "NO".

Katherine - enjoy the flowers!!!
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm alive! Really! We closed on the house! I have keys! And ....I'm back up to 234! :-(

No better time to get back to it! And I started logging, and THEN the Dr calls & tells me my cholesterol is back up to an unhealthy 230! I had it down to 189! So, no more breaks for me! At least no more than a day or two! I've missed you all! Some of you I've kept track of on FB, but I've really been slacking.

More of a free for all. Eating whatever, whenever. Sodas, candy, etc. No excercise to speak of either. So, back to it I go. Time for exercise, along with housework, packing, and just getting back into it! I can do it! You will all get on me, I know it! :-D
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Victoria, have fun! And share pictures! :smile:

Karen, welcome back, and congrats on the house! Great time to get back into it; right before the holidays when most people fall off. You can do it!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Karen is that your overall cholesterol number or your bad? I got my bloodwork back and my overall is at like 226 or something (I posted it on this thread earlier)..anyways my doctor wrote that since my good to bad ratio was so good (3:1) she wasn't worried about it but it worries ME.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Megan - BEYOND ready for the weekend.

Pam - The radio station job is pretty awesome anyhow, because I have a ton of downtime. I would definitely get turned into a zombie eventually, but it would be AWESOME while it lasted. :P

Katheryne - I always think it's awesome when people are so positive when someone sends them flowers. :) I'm always in the, "What are you feeling guilty for?" camp. Congrats on 10 years!!

Sarah - Sorry she had to go into surgery! And you DEFINITELY need to learn to say NO!. :( Sorry you're having such a rough time.

Ami - Just remember, one bad day isn't the end of the world. <3 Use that to motivate you to do better the next day. :)

Karen - Awesome on the house! :D Congrats!

~~~Mini Rant~~~
    Holy crap. I spent my entire morning, very literally, arguing about circumcision. I don't know where any of you ladies stand, but hopefully you're at least respecting that it's a parent's decision to choose what to do with their own child. I had the most bizarre arguments thrown at me, and I just... ugh. About the time I explained why we don't circumcise girls and then was told I had no clue what female circumcision is, I copied and pasted the three types and said "eff it." I don't want to tell people what to do, but I also don't think we have a right to make someone else's decision for them as to what's right for their child. I'm asking for respect for my decisions - I'm not holding a scalpel to someone's penis, y'know? Ugh.
    ~~~End Rant~~~

Other than that, my day has really, really flown by. So, so glad for that.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Jessi: I have run into a number of parental types ready and willing to argue any number of weird things with me (circumcision, religion, whether or not to vaccinate their kids). My general stance on that is: whatevs dude, as long as you aren't doing anything weird to MY kid, I sure in the hell don't care what you do with yours (within limits - I wouldn't stand by and say nothing if someone were starving their kid or anything).

Karen: Welcome back!! We missed you so much!!!

Victoria: Enjoy your vacay!

Ami: If I get tired and cranky, I crave junk food too.

Sarah: Sweetie, I feel for you. Once upon a time, I WAS you. I did favors for everyone and never said no to anyone. I made myself sick and run down and grumpy. I became a martyr and then I realized that I was the one doing it to myself. People don't get offended when you say no (unless they are a-holes). You gotta take care of you and your family before doing everything for everyone else. The world will not fall apart if you aren't there to hold it together - I PROMISE.

Lacey: I'm gonna have to look for some vegetarian sausage!

Katheryne: Your hubby is super-sweet for bringing your flowers! I honestly can't tell you when me & my Hubbs started dating (maybe August of 2001 - just over 10 years) but I can't remember the date so I sure wouldn't expect HIM to. You got a good guy!

Pam: I had DirecTV when I was in the States and I LOVED it. We did have some problems with reception if it was raining really hard but it didn't happen too often and I miss my DVD like crazy!

Megan: I'm ready for the weekend!!!!!

My BMF says I haven't gotten more than 6 and a half hours of sleep for about 2 weeks now and I'm feeling it. I just can't figure out how to fix it. And Gabe and The Hubbs are both under the weather - yuck (I HATE when the boys are sick - they are so wimpy).
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Almost Friday and I couldn't be more elated :)

Jessi- The Turkey Freezer Competition sounds like a blast..... kind of like marbles in a jar with higher stakes! love it :) And I'm sorry about the convo you had at work. It can be super exhausting when someone can't understand why another person would have a different perspective. ick. I'm totally an old person when it comes to my bedtime too. I'm in bed by 10:30 at the LATEST. I had a little party last weekend and there were still people at my house at 1. I was sooo grumpy lol.

Lacey- You are an online shopping queen. I'm sure if I keep hanging around this thread I'm totally gonna go broke :)

Ami- I totally understand what you mean by having long days and eating poorly. On Thursdays, I leave my home at 7:00 am and I usually make it home by 10:30 pm. That's the hardest day for me to stay on track. I usually end up eating poorly (as evidenced by my food diary today). Good luck with sticking to your plan. You can do it! And... Tinley Park was sooooo close to me. I grew up in Olympia Fields! Now my family lives in Flossmoor, still super close to you. I can't wait to make my way back to the Chicago area. I miss home tons and Christmas can't come soon enough.

Sarah- Please Please take care of yourself. We can't replace you :) It's the hardest thing to say no, but it gets easier with practice!

Katheryne- Congrats on 10 years! And flowers are sweet! You deserve them :flowerforyou:

Annette- Good then I should try 6 w 6 p. I was just nervous because my abs/torso is easily my weakest area. I did about 17 days straight of the Shred. I got bored with it by day 3, so I would mute Jilly and turn on my own jams. I knew the routine well enough, so it worked. Then I went on vacation to visit family and I never jumped back on the bandwagon. Maybe one day I'll go back to it.... maybe.

Nava- Oh no! I hope your mouth feels okay! Well enough to at least enjoy your McRib. Hope it was delish :)

Amy- I'm just guest lecturing for a professor while she's out of town. It's an undergrad intro psych course... but it has 2 sections, each with 150 students. I taught elementary school for awhile, but at least there were only max 30 of them.... and I was the tallest!

Megan- Yay for being able to eat out and keep proper portions! I'm trying my best with that today as I'm at Ruby Tuesdays. I decided to have 1/2 of my entree and pretty large salad. Hope it works...

As for me, nothing new to report. The scale was super nice to me this morning, but after the heavy dinner I just ate I'm quite certain I'll have my work cut out for me this weekend to keep the number it gave. I have class in a few minutes and I'm not too thrilled to go. Have you ever had those professors that just tell stories and forget to actually teach? My professor is totally that way. He is soooo tangential and the class is 3 hours long. I'm definitely looking forward to my bed tonight!

-Keshia
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Amy - I so agree! If you're not putting your child in danger or something, whatever you do is YOUR decision. :D I hope your guys feel better soon, because goodness guys are whiners....

Keshia - I've totally had the professor that goes on and on about terribly unrelated subjects. I used that class to write letters, address my Christmas cards, etc. I think the hardest part of school for me was always required attendance. I enjoyed homework and tests, but didn't want to sit there to listen to someone tell me what I'd read already.

Spending my afternoon knitting. I really, really need to finish this diaper cover so I can start another one from my revised pattern, but I'm getting so spoiled on supersoft yarn that this stuff (which is, honestly, pretty soft and amazing yarn) feels all scratchy and terrible and is peeling flesh off my fingers. Ugh.
  • crystalAN85
    crystalAN85 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Can we say fail? Gosh... At this rate the holidays are gonna be the death of me! I can't seem to keep up with anything lately. :grumble:

Well hello ladies! I have an unbelievable amount of catch up to do tonight... I need a designated person to ride my *kitten* this challenge. *sigh* Anywho, I'm sure I'll have a more in depth individualized post later but I've been thinking 'bout you all.

I gained last challenge... Once again, can we say fail? Ended at 221 and yea... That number makes me angry. Part of the reason I disappeared 'cuz I reallllly didn't want to have to own up to that one...
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Super busy right now, but didn't want you to think that I've completely disappeared. I'm still trying to be as determined and downward moving as possible, but work is crazy! Will hopefully get some time this weekend to catch up, but the girls will be home (YAY!!!), so who knows. Miss you all!
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Lacey-it's over all. And it only scares me because in July, it was 189 total. I do have a genetic history of high cholesterol, so apparently, it CAN be controlled withOUT meds, and we all know I'd prefer not to take them if I have to. And apparently, even with my iron pill, my iron is still low. Hmm, could be the sodas I started drinking again, just maybe?

Jessie-It's up to each parent how they choose to raise their child. Granted, basic etiquette, hygiene, and abuse concerns (not necessarily in that order) aside, let 'em at it. I did choose that for my boys, while they were still in the hospital, infants, and it's done now & they have no memory of it. But I can see the side of parents who don't choose that. It's purely a convenience as far as keeping things clean go. Again, it's all in what you teach them. You're awesome for standing up for yourself, but don't let others get you down.

Amy-I missed you guys too!

Quick work update, the boss is retiring Dec 31!! And I'm going to apply for her job. Wish me luck, we're talking $3-5 an hour more, but not a WHOLE lot more responsibility, at least not more than I think I can handle. :o)

And, now to finish icing cakes to send to school with the boys for Fall Festival.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Flax seed pancakes:
    1 cup ground flax seed
    4 eggs
    2-3 tbsp chia seeds in 1/2 cup water (let sit till it gets all jelly like)
    vanilla
    1/2 tsp of baking powder
    1/4 cup kefir or heavy cream or coconut milk, etc.

Mix everything up and then let sit for five minutes so the flax absorbs the liquid. I found that it was a bit too watery, so I added in some gluten free baking mix, so you can do the same or add more flax.

I'm over cals today by a fair bit, but it is cool.
    Anyways, it was a great pancake, nutty and yummy. HIgh in fiber, omega3 and protein.
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Karen and crystal- welcome back!

Crystal-hows the no smoking going?

Karen- congrats on the house!

It's odd how u all are speaking of cholesterol tonight. I just watched a documentary on netflix called "Fathead". Anyone seen it? It's basically the rebuttal to SuperSize Me. Pretty interesting if u can get past the bad sounds and poor graphics.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Gah! I've been swamped again.

I saw the other day someone ask me how the new eating schedule is going, but it was right before I had to run off to class so I didn't have a chance to respond.

It's going okay. I'm definitely having less unplanned snacks and I'm not absolutely ravenous after classes. I've basically now broken lunch up into three stages. I have something like a boiled egg or whey protein in my coffee right before I leave the house (9:30ish). I eat part of my lunch at about 10:30 - either a string cheese and 100cal mini Cliff bar, or if I'm having a perishable sandwich (like turkey, lettuce, cheese, and ezekiel tortilla) I have that. After classes (around 2:30pm) I have the rest of my lunch (the sandwich if it's something non-perishable like pb&j, if I already had the sandwich then it's an apple and mini cliff bar or whatever).

Other than that, I'm a bit bummed at the moment. It's TOM, so I'm hoping that is why the scale is up. I've been doing Ripped in 30 for 4 days now (and did it twice yesterday since my husband was curious about it and we did it once together in the evening, after I'd already done a morning round!) and my scale is up in the 215s. I was in the 212s before I started Ripped. I remember having a small gain when I first started 30 Day Shred in the summer, but I thought that was due to not doing much weight training before that? I've been doing No More Trouble Zones consistently for about a month before starting Ripped, so I didn't think I'd see the muscle-water-retention-whatever weight gain this time around. I don't know. It's discouraging but not deal breaking - I'm sticking through this to the end!
This discussion has been closed.