what size clothes does every one want to be ??

Options

Replies

• ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    my goal size is a 10
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I want to be whatever size I can look in the mirror and say, damn, I feel really good about how I look! Not sure what size that'll be yet.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Right now I am a Women's 12-14 and Juniors 13-15. I am hoping to get down to a Women's 6-8 and Juniors 7-9.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing with the junior sizes unless you are a teenager? I have no desire to look like how I was as a teenager or other teenagers. The beginning of this year in January I was a size 10 pushing a size 12 and a large shirt, I'm pretty short 5' 3". Much of the weight was in my face/abs/back/legs.

I'm at a size 4 (woman's) pants/dresses and a small shirt now and I am very happy with my size. I'm striving for the last 6 lbs mainly to get my body fat % down and to just to have a more fit/athletic build. Also to get rid of the mommy belly that is so stubborn to lose.
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm only 4'11", I'd like to be a 6.
  • Bella3119
    Options
    I don't have a clothing size goal because it will usually vary depending on what brand and what style. I'm just looking to get to a point where I'm happy with what's staring back at me in the mirror. The numbers on the scale and clothing tags aren't my motivation.

I completely agree with you! I was wearing a size 12 in middle school so, clothing size just doesn't even appeal to me. Especially since I have no boobies and a big booty. It's so funny that in my past I used to be happy with myself and I convinced myself I was born this way and was just going to be overweight my entire life. Then a little over a year ago I realized that i do have control and although I am happy with who i am, i don't have to be anything other than what I want to be and that is happy and proud of my accomplishments.
  • hereitcomes
    Options
    I'm currently between a size 14 and 16. When I felt my best, I was a size 4. I would settle for a 6.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,034 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight, my goal size was 14. I just bought a pair of size 10 jeans, and I still have an overweight BMI. So I really don't know what my goal should be. It would appear that there was actually a petite-sized woman under all that fat.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    i was in a 16/18 in high school--was a few pounds overweight then.
    Would love to try to get into 14s--I think 12s would be pushing it.
  • moniew24
    moniew24 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I want to be a comfortable size 10.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    size 8! i was there early on during the year then i got comfortable and stopped working out. need to get back in it!
    ( i started MFP at size 14! yikes :S)
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Well...way back when I was 110 pounds(at sixteen) I was in a size six. At 149 I"m in a size 8. I sure believe in vanity sizing! WTH!
    Anyways, since I have 15 lbs I want to lose...I'm sure I'll be in a size six again. 25 lbs heavier than last time I was in a size six.

Soooo, I don't know what to think about the size of clothes. I think fat percentage is a better gauge.

Vanity sizing is RIDICULOUS!

That being said lol I prefer American Eagle jeans b/c they make my butt look good...I want to wear a size 2 in their jeans (they run bigger)
    My jeans run from a juniors 4-7/8 (there was a comment about misses brands...I stopped wearing dress pants from the misses department b/c they didn't make them smaller than a 4 and I needed like a 2 in misses)

In LEI brand I wear a 7, I'd like to be a 5....

Pretty much I don't want to own a pair of pants with a tag number any higher than 5
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Size 8 would be great!! I was that 5 years ago and I felt great and fit!
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    7/8 sounds divine!!! Currently a 12
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I want to stay where i am now!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for a UK size 10... I'm a 12/14 on top and a 14/16 on bottom at the moment...so may end up 8 on top, 10 on bottom...seems so far away though :-((
  • LorTay8
    LorTay8 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a UK size 10 again - (that's USA 6). I'm just 5' 1" and 53 - so I don't want to look scary and scrawny - so if I just get rid of all the flabby lumpy bits, and tone up and have a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life - I'll be delighted!!! That's my aim. I also feel a duty to my young teenage daughter to be a good example of healthy, fit, and shapely - but not obsessed with the media's/fashion's ideal!!!!! (I have quite a way to go - but it's going the right way now! Hard work, isn't it - but - oh - so worth it!!!):smile:

Good luck everyone!
  • lannlynn
    lannlynn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When I started this journey, my goal was to be in a size 10. I've have since passed that and I'm currently in a size 8. I am 8 pounds away from my goal weight of 135. So a 6 is my goal in clothing size, but that's not as important as my health. I have been doing this to be healthy!! That is my ultimate goal. I still have toning to work on, epecially the thighs!! :happy:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I think 10 or even 8, so I can steal my sister's clothes! She always has the cutest stuff, but I can't wear any of it yet.
  • juliedumont
    Options
    size 4 or a 6... i was a 2 before kids