Your man cook and do dishes?

Options

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Since I get home first I do the cooking Mon-Thurs and sometimes Friday, my wife is a better cook and does pretty much all the cooking on the weekend. The dishes are usually done by the time she gets back, and often laundry as well. And on the weekend we both do the remainder of household duties.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've been married 4 years, together 11 and I STILL find it hard to ask for help! But I like to be wonderwoman and do it all. I'm a stay at home mom so I do all the cleaning and laundry (he washes his work clothes though because he's around horses and I'm severely allergic) and most of the cooking. He does help with supper sometimes, but he really enjoys cooking and once in a great while he'll help with dishes... otherwise I do dishes also. When we were both working he did laundry, I did cooking, we did dishes together and cleaned on weekends. We had a very messy house too! LOL And he did laundry mostly because I was pregnant 2 times and our basement is down some narrow steep stairs. If either of us saw something to be done we just did it.
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    My husband will cook on occasion, but for the most part I'm the one cooking, which is fine because he watches the baby so I can cook without danger underfoot. =P

As far as dishes go, well, I still remind him to clean up after himself which he's doing better about, but those stray coffee cups still keep popping up everywhere. =P

He'll do all of the dishes though, if I ask him to, and sometimes if he's really bored he'll hop in the kitchen and do them, so I'm blessed there.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But that's okay, because he spoils me!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    He does on occasion. Usually I have to plan the meal, shop for it and tell him how to make it though.... He's pretty good with doing dishes.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I too am a newlywed. My husband is an excellent cook BUT he works two full time jobs and is head coach for county football team, so I make it my business to make sure food is cooked and the house is cleaned. On the weekends, after he's rested, we will tidy up together, but more often than not, I'll shoo him out of the way so he can get some much deserved rest. Conversley, when I'm having a flare, he's right there doing everything and ....he cleans better than I do and that's saying something.

Ohh and I HATE laundry, mostly because there's no where to put all those clothes. :(
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    My husband does the dishes 95% of the time...he will also cook when he gets home from work. He helps with the laundry. And he has bath and bed time duties. I am a very lucky woman!!

I pretty much do the cleaning...scrubbing toilets, showers, dusting, vacuuming...oh yeah, he mops for the most part.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I used to work at my mom's muffin break way back in college. I learned to cook AND clean at the same time. Or at least cook w/ the least amount of pots/pans etc... And clean while you are waiting for something to finish cooking. Wife doesn't do that. But if she cooks, I'll clean. Only fair.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    We both take turns cooking. As for the dishes.. well he tries to help, and by help I mean he washes some of the glasses and some of the plates... LOL.. so i still have to finish washing everything else and cleaning the counters and stove.. but at least he tries. :bigsmile:
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I do 99% of the dishes & laundry, and probably 25% of the cooking.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    we are also newlyweds and we share -- if i cook, he cleans up and vice versa. same for laundry, if i do it and fold it, he puts it away...you get the picture. it works for us :)
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    whoever cooks in our house doesn't have to clean up - we laugh at each other at the end of dinner and one of us says "I cooked!" and that's the other's cue to clean up. makes it nice!
  • DGomez22
    Options
    I've been married for about 5 yrs and I think I got lucky. He can cook, clean, does laundry, handle the baby and walks the dogs. But we share the responsibility. If one cooks the other does dishes. If one of us is with the baby, the other deals with the dogs. Some days he does it all.
  • JasonWCNewcomb
    Options
    A;so, I do all the laundry because my wife is allergic to scents from the laundromat.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I'm not married, but I love to cook mainly because I LOVE TO EAT :)
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM. I have a 2 1/2 year old boy AND I babysit (in my home) another 2 year old boy. My boyfriend (of over 5 years, we live together) goes to school full-time (he is in his last year of getting his Doctorate of Pharmacy). I do it all. Occasionally, if I am tired, I will ask him to unload clean dishes from the dishwasher OR I'll ask him to put the dirty ones into the dishwasher... sometimes he'll put away clean & folded clothes. He does clean up after himself, but I do the actual housework. When I start nursing school once he is finished with school it'll be more 50/50 (because we will both be "working" outside the home).

He is a very hands-on daddy though (diapers, potty training, feeding time, play time, everything).
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I cook, I do the dishes.

He washes, dries and folds the laundry - I put it away (he puts his own away but I get my stuff and the 3 little ones' clothes)

I get dusting, vacuuming and bathrooms.

He gets trash and outside stuff.

I really hate chores . . .
  • kps1104
    Options
    My hubby is military and I am a SAHM, I do most of the housework; cleaning, laundry, and cooking, etc...but he does help a ton! 3 times a week I have zumba, 2 times at night and he bathes the kids and cleans up after dinner. I am a clean freak though so I tend to do most of the housework. He takes care of most of the yard work but I help out there as much as I can :) On the weekends he tends to grill or something and I clean up; most everything is 50/50 :) I love grocery shopping by myself cause I love using coupons and that is time consuming so I leave the kiddos with him while I do that. That's the best part about marriage!

The best thing is that you can ask for help, never demand, just ask...but you determine the way your house runs :) I am very blessed to have a husband that helps out as much as he does BUT I made myself tell him my expectations from the very beginning :) I set the tone, I help him as much as I can and vise versa :)
  • azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Im the Q master, so I do all the Q ing
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    My husband does help! Only problem is that I hate his cooking and he can't load a dishwasher worth a crap! I smile, say thank you honey, then rearrange everything!