200+ Sheddin' the Stuffin

Options

Replies

• jessicae1aine
    Options
    Amy - They sound delicious. My effors on wrap-ish things that aren't too high in carbs, I stick with the low-carb version of the FlatOut! Flatbreads... love them! As far as knitting goes, I taught myself a few years ago, and it took me a while to get decent at it, but I have taught other people through picture messaging, skype, all sorts of stuff.

Megan - AWESOME! :D Nice job, lady!

Rain - Excellent! Glad you're over that plateau. Sounds like a pretty terrible night at the gym though. I hope you have a good anniversary!

Kendal - I'm glad he's taking good care of you, at least! :D I hope you feel better soon.

Crystal - HI! :D

Katheryne - We're supposed to have our first snow tomorrow. Our high is 37. I guess I should get around to pulling coats out of the closet sometime soon. For anything pizza-y? Yes, you do have to poke them with a fork. You can actually get a roller that does it if you make them often enough, and it's SO quick.

Lacey - Sorry to hear about your dad. :(

Kiki - I'm pretty set in my tortilla ways (I'm SO picky about tortillas), but if I can find them, English muffins I will do, definitely I love a good English muffin!

I hate my first paycheck of the month, so badly, because that's when most of my bills have to get paid. The lady with my storage unit called me to be a b*tch this morning and tell me she needs paid by the 10th. I consistently pay her around the 5th, so I don't know where that came from, but yeah. On the plus side, I did find an awesome sale on cloth diapers today (B1G1 sale on one-size-fits-all covers with prefolds (which I have never used, but I can learn if need be) for $9.95, $14.95 including shipping), so I bought 2 diapers. Cloth diapers are NOT cheap, but definitely are worth it in the long run, so as long as we're planning on kids, we've taken the time to get a head start and have some awesome diapers already, including a Batman diaper that is superawesome.

Time to go put in a ton of orders and get the logs for the weekend done.

Don't forget to set your clocks back Sunday (if that applies to you)!!! :D
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Well my dad got fired. Which is to be expected. Honestly with how many hours he drives and barely off a day and a half a week I am not surprised that this happened with the wreck. That is no way to live really driving all those long hours and days and never the same each week.. Sad. But it is what it is and they will figure it out.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Bra shopping...

Starting size: 40DD

Current size: 34C

YES!!!!! :love: *fist pump* :love:
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Amy-I'll probably send in the application over the weekend. The deadline is 11/14, and since she's retiring 12/31 & they want the new supervisor to train with the old one for the bit, I'm sure I'll know something pretty quickly. *boo* on no cruise, but yay for family visit!!

Megan-woohoo!! I've gone SO backwards, I don't expect to see any results anytime soon, so I'll live vicariously through others! :-)

Jessi-I was doing C25K pretty well for a week or two before my "break" hit. I know with all of my house remodeling & moving I won't be able to restart it anytime soon, but I did enjoy it. And I WILL get back to it! Really! My hubby's step-mom got a gift of a diaper-service when she had her youngest for a year-register for something like that when you plan to have kids, esp if you want to use cloth-SO much easier!! You don't have to wash them yourself. Get friends & family to give you gift certificates or something that can go towards it. I wish they had something like it here, as my youngest is restricted to 2 types of diapers & God help us if the store is out of them!

Crystal-I am right there with you! I've been gone for about a month or two now. Eating badly & gained back a good 20lbs of what I'd lost . I'm not too proud of myself at the moment. But I'll try to hang in there, you keep me going, I'll keep you going, OK? *hugs*

Rain-yay for plateau busting! Woo hoo!!

Kendal-feel better! That was me a couple of weeks ago. Two rounds of antibiotics, two steroid shots, and a steroid pack later, I feel human again.

Marie-enjoy the vacation!!

Katheryne-I don't think I could handle that much snow! I live in KY, here, over an inch gets the kids out of school, then I'm grateful the hubby is a night shift weekend working man!! LOL! Then again, we almost always have ice to go with it, so me having to drive to work in it kinds stinks! :-P Pizza roll sounds awesome!! Might have to try for my kiddos-and a 2nd for the hubby & me-since my kids would devour one on their own! :-)

Lacey-hope dad is ok after accident! And that job situation will get better!!

Kerry-HI!!

SarahW&T-OMG, SOOOO jealous right now! Of all the things that have shrunk as I've lost weight, those have NOT been it! LOL! THAT, I'm gonna have to pay for when I hit my final goal weight. Or maybe when I get within 10 lbs, b/c that's where the last 10lbs will come from! LOL!

OK ladies, I think I'm caught up since I posted last. I know there's no way I'll EVER catch up with what I missed. So sad, I know. I feel as if I'm "home" again to be back with all of you though! And new faces too! Yay! More "news" from the Dr. The pain that I had been having, that I thought was a pulled muscle or anxiety...has gotten me an appt at a cardiologist, just in case. And I get to go ahead & have my first mammogram at age 33, just in case, since my grandmother is in remission from breast cancer. *sigh* But I DO get 3 months to get my diet back under control to see if I can lower my cholesterol w/out meds! Yay!

No kids for the night...but getting up early to go get some work done on the house. Maybe even get some painting in. Did I ever post pictures of it? I can't remember! LOL! I'll put a before album on FB for my friends there. If you wanna friend me here or there, let me know! I'm pretty friendly! Just ask!

Night!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Yikes, I haven't posted all day and now I'm horribly behind! Let's see, what do I have...

Some of you saw my status today about my jeans practically falling off of me at work today (yay!), so I went shopping tonight to find some more because I am officially retiring 3 pairs of my jeans for being too big (double yay!). The bad news is that I only found 1 pair I liked that was fairly reasonably priced, so I'm 3 pairs down and one pair up. The good news is that in 2 different stores tonight I was trying on size 16 jeans! 16!! When I started on these challenges with you all in June, I was wearing a size 20!! Thank you all for helping me get to a size 16. :happy:

I didn't make it to zumba on Thursday night, but I did some Kinect zumba....tomorrow morning I'm planning on trying a spin class for the first time in 3 years. Cross your fingers for me that this time I don't come home with my whole business downstairs bruised like it was after the only other time I tried spinning. I bought some padded bike shorts, so I'm hoping that helps.

Amy, you always know exactly what I need! :smile: I was just making out my grocery list and I have about 5 butternut squashes left over from my CSA. I've already made the curried butternut squash fries in Peas and I plan to make some soup, but I was on the lookout for another good squash recipe. That looks DELICIOUS, and I will be trying it this week for sure! Also, great job with staying away from the Halloween candy! I've had a rough time with that too.

Sarah, that's so awesome about the bra size! You'll have a much easier time finding cute bras now, I'm sure.

Lacey, I'm sorry about your dad. :frown: Tim's brother Steven runs a pretty popular magazine for truck drivers called Large Car Mag, and while they don't really posts jobs on their website they do have a pretty active message board...if your dad winds up looking for a new job, maybe he could find some connections there? The link is: http://www.largecarmag.com/board/phpBB2/index.php

Katheryne, your pizza roll sounds a lot like something that is really big here in West Virginia -- people here make "pepperoni rolls." They are so popular around here that you can even buy them at gas stations! I've heard they're delicious, but as a vegetarian I've never tried them...I've almost thought about not being vegetarian for a few seconds so I could try one, but I haven't done that yet. :laugh: I have thought about making them with fake pepperoni at home though.

Jessi, I always hate our pay period when most of the bills get paid too. The money is in there for such a short time before it all goes to bills, yuck. Keep us posted on how you like c25K!

Kerry, hi! :flowerforyou:

Kiki, I didn't lose very well when I was doing Shred either. This week did not go as planned for me with doing Ripped; I only did it twice. Not good. I'm on the ball next week though!

Sarah, yay for a well balanced life!

Crystal, congrats on 35 days smoke-free!!

Kendal, I hope you feel better soon. :frown:

Rain, yaaaaaaaaay for getting over the plateau! Great job with getting running done too, even if it wasn't how you'd planned. Your vacation sounds awesome; no wonder you can't wait!

Megan, super crazy fantastic loss!!

Hosanna, hope you're loving the 5 star hotel and your newly vigorous man. :wink:

Annette, yes, Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is another Jillian workout. I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard good things about it. I think Sarah may have done it...

Karen, good luck on applying for the new job! Fingers crossed that everything goes well for you with your doctor's appointment too.

I think that sort of catches me up for now. I'll keep you guys posted on how the spin class goes. Here's hoping I don't lose my nerve and/or oversleep. :ohwell:
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

Thanks for keeping the challange open!

For starters, I am trying to get rid of "baby weight", and considering that I have a 13 year old and a 11 year old, the baby stage is long gone. I am a part of several challanges, so keeping up to date is not a problem for me. When I started MFP in september I weighrd in at my all time hugh of 242.0. Talk about a reality check. I have managed to lose 8 pounds, and certainly looking to lose some more. Feel free to add me, as I sure could use all the motivation I can get.

SW:242.0
    CW:234.0( Today's weigh in)
  • treehugginpam
    Options
    Shoot! I just looked online and found out that the spin class isn't happening tomorrow. The gym is close to the university football stadium and there's a game tomorrow, so no classes at the gym. Boo! I guess spinning will have to wait until next week.
  • hkallembach
    Options
    OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN THIS WEEK IS 249.8 POUNDS! I have so much to catch you ladies up on! Responses coming tomorrow!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I had the best meal tonight. All natural and local and health but WAY over cals and carbs. Must redeem with two days straight of perfectness so I can keep this 3 lbs loss.

Also since I'm not working out right now my yass hurts. Like when you sit on a plane for ten hours. I need to do some walking. Even if it's just a mile a few times next week. Damn.

Welcome annasgyal.

Pam thanks for the link. I'm hoping dad will look for something local that he can be home at night as that is what he needs but I will definitely take a look at it for him. YEAY for pants falling off and boo for no spinning.

Karen good luck with the job, raises are nice! I want to see pics, I've seen post ones on fb from a month or more ago.

Sarah double fist pump coming from me. That's a huge boob loss rght there!

Jessie diapers were the one thing I spent good money on. Huggies and nothing else. But good for you for going natural if you can. My only advice is to limit what all you buy because you will find you have way way more than you will ever need at the end of it. I just saw that happen to two of my girlfriends and talk about a waste. Not to say that you will do that of course :). Your knitting is super cute, I've looked at your fb pics of the booties.

Amy YEAY for staying away from said candy. I so wanted to do the Jimmie Kimmel thing to Gracie tonight and when I tried she just looked at me and went "huh". Too tired from gymnastics I guess lol.

Kiki and Katheryne you can also make breakfast rolls that way with egg cheese and sausage. I spread mustard on the bread when I do that before I cook them.

Crystal you can do this girl.. You came back so that's a huge step in the right direction.

Kendall I hope you feel better girl.

Rain the three day post wedding baby trip sounds fantastical!!! And at least you didn't just fall OFF the treadmill when you did that.. I've done that. In a gym. Just flew right off the back lol.

Okay that mostly catches me up. I'm gonna watch the rest of Chuck and as much of Grimm as I can before i pass out.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I'm alive and enjoying my friends. We spent the day in Deleware going to the Pumpkin Chunkin and many brewpubs. The highlight was Dogfish Head. My food choices have been so-so. Trying to get in water but it's hard when your not on your regular schedule. No exercise the last days. I'm planning a run this morning and hopefully a walk this evening. We plan to be lazy the next few days hanging out here and playing cards.

Kristina - I'm passing on the weigh in this week :)

I'm thinking about all of you but no time to respond...
  • Julie4610
    Options
    Holy cow, I last posted yesterday afternoon and I still feel soooooo far behind! Okay, let's see how well I can do catching up here.

Julie, Let's GO BLUUUUUUUUUUEESSS!!!! :drinker: My parents are both from St. Louis and I lived in St. Charles/St. Peters in elementary school. We moved to New Hampshire for my junior high and then the DC area for my high school, but just a couple of months after I graduated high school my parents moved back to the St. Louis area while I stayed in the DC area. They live in Wright City now and my sister lives in Hazelwood. As far as I'm concerned, Imo's pizza is the best pizza in the world. Okay, maybe not in the WORLD, but it's very, very good! My parents just came to visit me and brought me a big block of Provel cheese since apparently you can only buy it in the St. Louis area. It's been so good on my breakfast egg sandwiches!

WHEW! I don't know if I got everyone, but this is so long that I actually had to write this in two shifts, so I think I should sign off for now! :heart: to you all!

I work in Hazelwood at Boeing. How small of a world is that?? AND I LOVEEEEEE imos pizza... it's the best... then there is also a place in florissant called pierronies - it is amazing - so when you come out to see yourfamily, check it out .. its off 270 and elizabeth washington avenue... :)
  • Julie4610
    Options
    Hey Friends :) Happy Almost Friday!

Julie- Where in IL are you from? I grew up in IL in the suburbs just south of Chicago. I miss it terribly and can't wait for the holiday season, so that I have time off to come home!

Until next time :flowerforyou:

Keshia

hI keshia -
    I am from Jerseyville IL - 1 hr north of St. Louis. 5 hours south of CHicago :)
  • Julie4610
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies!

Julie, whereabouts in Illinois are you originally from? My parents and my sister live in the Champaign-Urbana area, and my parents used to live on the southwest side of Chicago.

Okay, I think I got caught up, and just in time because I have to go fix a water heater problem for a customer.

Hi :)
    I am from Jerseyville IL.. Which is about 5 hours south of CHicago.. 1 hour North of St. Louis. Winter months are crazy here...
    Good luck
  • Julie4610
    Options
    So i have been with my trainer for about 3 weeks now. Weighed in with her yesterday and did measurements. From our measurements and weigh in back in september; i have lost inches, but gained some weight!
    I need to get better on my eatting. I think "Oh, since i have a personal trainer, i can eat what i want!" Definetly not the case! I dread the fact that i have to go to "boot camp" (training) but i love it when i get there.

I also use the fact that i have a busy schedule so i can't work out everyday. Well that shouldn't be an excuse. I need to make time for it, even if it does involve getting up an hour earlier, or moving on my lunch break.

The first step is admitting your problems and that is what i am doing right now.

So, from here on out - stuffin's - you have to keep on top of me and make sure i am exceeding and stomping those nasty ways...
  • treehugginpam
    Options
    I found a spinning class at the gym on the other side of town, woohoo!! That should count for extra since I hunted down the class, shouldn't it? :laugh: Anyway, it was great!! The 40 minutes flew by, I burned about 400 calories, and since I had the padded pants this time I *think* everything is okay "down there." It wasn't excruciating to sit on the seat like last time, anyway. I'll definitely be taking another one of those classes. I think I might be able to drag Tim to one too...he likes mountain biking, so....okay, it's not at all the same, but it's a bike!

Lacey, I'm crossing my fingers for you that you get to keep the 3 pound loss. Heck, you've kept it for so long that you should get to keep it even if the scale is up on weigh-in day! Those scales are evil, especially on weigh-in days.

Victoria, Pumpkin Chunkin and breweries sounds awesome! Got pictures of the pumpkin stuff?

Julie, crazy that you work in Hazelwood! Definitely a small world. I'll have to ask my family if they've ever been they've ever been to Pierronies and make sure I go there when I visit. Whenever I visit them it's like a tour of all my favorite places to eat in St. Louis that they don't have out here...it's BAD. But delicious. :smile:

Now I'm going to try to get some grocery shopping done at a store that's not too far from the WVU football stadium and the game starts at noon....oh boy! Maybe I should wait to head out until after the game starts...
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Today is my exercise day, well not officially, but since I had a birthday trip to Atlantic City, I decided to exercise on Saturday. Normally, I exercise three times a day, twice on those days, because of my hectic schedule with work, school, and kids. But since was determined to lose the two pounds that I gained, I decided to get off my bootay today. Well, I ended up walking 6 miles! Let's just say my legs, and thighs certainly are telling the tale! Imagine, I am hoping to get back out and do some more walking later on at 5pm. Just hoping to get my errands completed so that I can do so.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Karen - I don't live anywhere near somewhere that has a diaper service, because I live in the middle of nowhere. I enjoy laundry, though; I've got a ton of all-in-one diapers because I figure the easier it is, the better, even if it's a bit pricier. I hope all your testing goes well!

Pam - Awesome about the jeans; I can't wait to be in a size 16 again!

Lacey - Fortunately cloth diapers have an amazing re-sell value, and we'll use them for however many kids we have (2 or 3 is the plan). The biggest motivation for cloth, honestly, is that it's cheaper overall than disposables. Gah, some of them are SO cute though! Definitely being cautious about buying anything else in too much quantity, though. So, so glad I can buy things on clearance and shove them in my storage unit until we'll need them.

Julie - I know it's quite cliche to remind people, but if you're losing inches but still gaining weight, don't worry so much; muscle does weigh more than fat, and that can throw the scale a bit wonky.

It's supposed to snow today; 2-4 inches by tonight. Then, it's in the 40s for the next 9 days, so I guess it'll be short lived. Still kind of excited, really, about the snow. Eating a KitKat for breakfast this morning was a pretty bad fail....
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Julie - Jessie is right in that muscle is more dense than fat, it takes up WAY less room in the body..so if you are losing inches but not weight, be happy, you are making your body slimmer and healthier.

Jessie - yes some of the clothe ones are super cute!

Pam - YEAY for finding a spin class to take! I find that if I want to go grocery shopping by the UofO stadium, I wait till the game is about half an hour from start and go. Its like a dead zone there, which is cool because parking at Trader Joes is always super hard to find!

annasgyal - shake your bootay girl!!

As for me, I gotta say eating 50 grams of protein within half an hour of waking up, with as low as carb as possible in that breakfast is making an enormous difference! I am not hungry until 12 at least. So thats about 5-6 hours in between. And there are days that I could skip dinner too though I've only done it once this week when I had a big meal. Its really interesting to me.

Its raining here, we just got done cleaning the house and ourselves and now are catching a rest before my parents get here. I have like 1000 cals left for the day which is good because most likely we will go out to dinner tonight. I WILL stick to my low carb diet though I will probably be over because I've not got that many left for the day, but thats okay.

Tomorrow, or later today, I need to go into town to TJ's and get groceries and to Target for a few things as well. Other than that all is well and we are resting. Next weekend I need to tackle my disaster of a closet and the office and get them cleaned up.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in all day, I've mostly been not home. Check in for Friday: 2741 cals burned/ 1776 cals eaten/ 965 cal deficit.

Lacey: Enjoy your time with your parents. I have upped my protein at breakfast and have noticed a significant decrease in appetite because of it. I eat an egg scrambled with 6Tbsp egg whites and a piece of Ezekiel bread, my coffee and my protein shake every morning and I don't even think about eating again until around 1pm. I'm so sorry that your dad got fired. I hope he finds something local soon.

Jessi: I absolutely HATE doing laundry. I hate it with a blind passion that I can't completely explain.

annasgyal: Great walk today!

Pam: It should TOTALLY count for bonus points! I think I have another meal for you. I'll have to post the recipe later but we had a cheesy potato veggie soup with cheddar onion biscuits and it was freaking fabulous!!! (Every time I make something new that is tasty, I think of you!)

Julie: Good job making yourself accountable, that's what we're here for.

Victoria: I hope you have pics of your Pumpkin adventure!!!

Karen: I SO hope you aren't having problems with your heart. When's your cardiology appointment?

Sarah: Yay for smaller boobs (I guess, I kinda want bigger ones but since you're happy, I'm happy for you)

Today I thought we were done with soccer until the Spring soccer season but - alas, no. Gabe's season ended but the Stuttgart Select soccer team has asked him to join, which should keep him kicking soccer balls through the rest of the year. I'm so glad that he loves soccer and is really quite awesome at it, but the selfish part of me was kind of looking forward to not carting him all over everywhere for soccer practices and games. I did my P90X Legs & Back workout with The Hubbs and then played Dance Central 2 till I was sweaty with Gabe. It's funny, the first couple of times I tried to get The Kid to play the game with me, he said it wasn't any fun and he felt stupid doing it. After tonight, he has changed his tune. Sometimes, I think the kid takes himself way to seriously (especially for an 8 year old).
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Amy - I love when people need hlep with laundry and cleaning their kitchens. I hate washing dishes, but I LOVE organizing and cleaning counters and cleaning out fridges. I'm kinda weird. Congrats to Gabe on the soccer, but sucks that you can't have some time off from playing chauffer. :P

Our ball game was AWESOME! I wish I could have been there instead of listening while running the board at work. The first quarter, the other team scored but missed their extra point. We caught the ball on the return, and ran 80 yards for the only touchdown we got in the game - and we got the extra point. The last 35 seconds of the game, the other team was 1st and goal; 3 seconds before the end, they threw a pass into the end zone for the final points - and we intercepted, so we won the game 7-6. It was incredible. We play again next week - interestingly, against a team that also won their game today 7-6.

It's snowing!!!
This discussion has been closed.