Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-November 2011

Options

Replies

• mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    It's been a few days since I was able to post back to everyone.

Midnight Day Dream - Congrats on the lil' baby boy and sorry to hear about the placenta bleed. Hope that gets better!!

Amy - Haven't seen a post for a few days....baby here yet?

Congrats and welcome to any new prego ladies that I missed!!!! :) Hope all is going well.

Rayna - Thanks for the info on the J & J products. I think everything has something bad in it almost, but it's good to know. Kinda scarey I used J & J products with my son forever!!! Hope you have a great time this weekend! Can't wait to hear about it!!!

Lexi - You lil' boy is SO cute!!!!! That's awesome that he's advanced, my sister was like that when she was a baby and my mom said everyone was just so amaized by her actions all the time. Awesome!!!

Andrea - Awesome!!!! Glad you got good results on your blood work!!!

Brenda - CONGATS!!!! Another baby girl!!! I'm so happy for you!! Good job on your weight gain so far too!!

Kristin - Yay for potty training. She is young to be doing already. People say girls are easier to potty train, but geeze 2 yrs old!! Awesome. I thought I did a great thing by having my son potty trained a few weeks before his third b-day. So that is awesome!!!

Ash - Good Luck at your Chiro appt. I've been seriously thinking about scheduling an appt, but haven't done so yet. Maybe soon though.

Heather - I bet it will be today!!!!! Good Luck and I hope all goes well!!!!! Will be thinking of you!!!!

Babeed - Sounds like a fun weekend!! Enjoy the nice weather!!!

Ashley - You crack me up!!!!! Yes your having a human in less than three months!!! I had my son at barely 19, had no clue about anything, never went to any birthing classes nothing, so I was really clueless @ it all. I used to watch videos just to see what to expect, and for me (everyone's experience is different) it was nothing like any video I watched. It was a lot less dramatic and crazy! It's kinda nice to have a little heads up of what some people go through though. I was in labor and still couldn't believe I was having a baby. It's so weird, but it never really hit me until he was born. :)

Taldie - Brr...I'm so not ready for snow! It's very cold here too 26 this morning. Supposed to snow here this weekend! I used to like getting up early to excercise, but I hate getting up when it's still dark out.....makes me feel tired!!!

Rosanna - I've felt the same way for the last couple days. Just drinking lots of OJ and tons of water. Using cough drops when needed. I don't know what else to try. Hopefully it goes away soon. I hate being sick and when your pregnant, it really sucks!!! I'm really skeptical about taking things so I'm just suffering throught it.

AFM: Yay Friday is here! The week of course flew by. This weekend will be busy....another tournament tomorrow and my baby shower is Sunday. I'm excited sounds like anywhere from 20-25 people will be there. Hoping it all goes well.

Besides being sick the last couple days, I've had a lot of pain the last few days because of my gallbladder. Can't figure out what I ate that is causing it, but it HURTS!!! I've opted to just deal with it until after baby is born. Unless of course I can't. Back to nothing but low fat soup for the next week and see if that helps.

Oh ya, almost forgot to mention - I got a baby crib, with memory foam mattress, changing table w/ opening closet doors and a 5 drawer dresser today!! All matching. It's so nice and was only used maybe 6 months!!!! My parents bought it for me well the baby for 200.00!!!!!!! I'm so excited. Now I have two changing tables, but oh well one goes with the play pen so I'll have it when we go places.

I hope you all have a great weekend!!!
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    For maternity pants I used to like the under belly jeans, but as i get bigger and am carrying low I find that some times they cut into me and Hannah kicks at it not liking it. Where I at first hated the full panel jeans but now love them. They are more comfortable now that I am bigger. I've also noticed that some of my maternity shirts (had gotten smalls) are harder to cover my underbelly as my belly gets bigger. The full panel is nice so I'm not showing skin, hehe.

I can not get over how big my stomach is getting. The under belly is crazy. The other day I was sitting on my exercise ball and leaned forward and realized I could rest my stomach on the ball too. It was making me crack up. My husband thinks I'm nuts but also found it very funny.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!
  • nkster781
    Options
    The name is from a song by The Presidents of the United States of America... It is a total throw back song from the 90's. "Millions of peaches... peaches for me.... Millions of peaches... peaches for free..." :)

Haha, I love that song:)
  • nkster781
    Options
    Well tomorrow is my due date- but I feel like this baby will be overdue by a week or so, as it seems to happy a lot in first time pregnancies :( My midwives offered me a membrane sweep at my last appt on wed, but I said I'd wait until I was a week past due before even thinking about that. If she isn't here 10 days after my due date, i am schedule for a certain type of ultrasound ( i forget the name) where they check the placenta etc to see if its safe for the baby to stay for another 3 days. I do not want to induce or any medical interventions, since I am planning a home natural birth. People don't realize your due date can be off by as much as 2 weeks so sometimes the baby isn't even late lol... i may think about doing the membrane sweep at the end of next week just to check on things and poss kick start it naturally, but i still have a week before I even worry about that. In the meantime I am still getting my morning workouts in, as well as doing all those natural things to do to kickstart labour like sex, exercise, rasp tea leaves etc.

So hopefully I will have good news soon

I completely agree about your "due date". I'm just assuming Hannah will come later than that. Although I'm sure it's hard at the end.

Good luck to both of you. It would be so funny if your babies were born on the same day:0)
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Good article from Cesar on introducing your dog and baby -

http://www.cesarsway.com/tips/yournewdog/introduce-your-dog-to-your-baby

:flowerforyou:
  • paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hello!! this is the part 2 right?? i'm so happy to heard that everybody is doing well :)

I'm been a litte busy and not motivated to write, sorry.
    i have to do a lot of test this week because my kidney, i have a high level of protein in my urine :( so the Doctor is testing me for preclamsia AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!, I have to wait to monday to know the results.
    i hope everything goes well and i can past this.
    but this week i have another sonogram (i have one each month now) and my baby girl is wonderfull she was pushing and kicking all the time. she is 1 pound and 9 oz now YAY!!
  • paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb - I am so sorry i can't imagine you pain. You and your family are in my prayers.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Wow, really cannot keep up with all the posts came so fast! Last time I try to read thru, it was just barely 3 pages...

Just want to check in quickly, and say hi to everyone.

I had a doctor's appoinment today and had a glucose tolerance test. Won't know the result til tomorrow. Everything is great, baby girl heart beat is 151, and very active.

I got an unexpected free ultrasound today!!! Bumped into one of my hubby's cousin, who turns out was an ultrasound technicial and substituting for someone else today. She got me in and looked at the baby and confirmed it's still a girl :-). The kiddo is very very active, while I was feeling her kicking me, I can see the motion in the monitor at the same time. Got a couple of face profiles, and side profiles. I'm sooooooooooooooooooo excited to be able to see her (a million smiles).

Sorry that I am not able to comment on anyone, still try to catch up with all the posts. In addition, my 4 yr old boy is having a fever, pretty high last night (close to 103.9) and I'm very nervious about it tonight.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Good article from Cesar on introducing your dog and baby -

http://www.cesarsway.com/tips/yournewdog/introduce-your-dog-to-your-baby

:flowerforyou:

Thanks Rayna, my hubby and I had already talked about "borrowing" one of the babies blankets at the hospital so he could bring it home to Neena before the baby arrived- hadn't considered the do not enter baby's room though....We've been allowing her in the room with us in it so she can sniff all the new furniture and things- Hmm...may have to re-evaluate and do some more research!

thanks again!
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow!! So many posts that I want to personally respond too…but here are just a few…

1st…Amy, I am so sorry for you loss, my thoughts are w/you and your family, hope the next stage goes easily for you
    Millionsofpeaches…LOVE you reference to “the presidents” and the 90’s : )
    And…I have been eating pineapple out the wazzooo too!! It’s sooooo yummy and they are on sale right now : ) I could probably eat a whole pineapple in one sitting!! I have never seen anything about avoiding it either.

Atynk…good luck!! I hear ya about due dates. Still not sure what they are saying my “official” one will be. By my dates I say Apr 9th. On the first u/s I think they are saying Apr 13-14th. Only a 5 day difference and in the scheme of things, not a big deal, but I think we still get very focused on dates and counting by weeks AND days. I’m trying not to obsess about whether I’m 17 weeks or 17 weeks and 5 days, lol.

Aimeeclaire…good job on the running!! I have often wondered whether the baby is just bouncing like crazy while we run or jump around, lol!

levarmywife01…Congrats!!! You have definitely waited a long time for this!!

Scutes…congrats and isn’t it just such a cool feeling seeing and hearing the baby! I am planning a “birth center” birth with midwives and they have an option of a water birth there as well. I am definitely considering it. It’s an extra $150, but I think it might be worth it. However, they do have a large tub that I could labor in and then get out to deliver as another option (and for free, lol). I just like the idea of being ABLE to get into the water if I feel like it.

As for me... I am still having trouble sleeping sometimes at night...like, I wake up to pee and can't fall back asleep. Usually it's at like 4:00 in the morning and I just lay there for an hour and then think "well, I might as well just get up since I will have to get up in an hour anyways" Then I'm sleepy in the afternoon. Luckily I usually have the ability to take an afternoon nap. But it does affect my motivation for working out. But I have been trying to do something everyday. Whether it's walking or a workout dvd. I did all of JM dvd's prior to pregnancy and have decided to start doing them again. I did 6w6p twice this week!! I know it sounds funny for a pregnant girl to be doing a dvd that is focused on the core, but it is a great cardio workout and does a lot of standing and plank core work, so it's perfect! I do tone down some of the moves (compared to where I was before)

I had my 2nd PNV today at the Birth Center. Met with one of the midwives for the 1st time. She was super nice and I just love that they consider every pregnancy and delivery "normal" until proven otherwise. I work in a NICU and see so many (possibly) unnecesary interventions. I agree with the post somebody had about not wanting to be induced unless medically necessary. Babies actually need to transition in natural labor with all the changes in hormones and chemical shifts in the body to help them transition to the outside life. Way to stick up for yourself!! Anyways, like I said, still have to confirm the "official" due date. But the baby's HR was good and uterus size/position are good. Got my scrip. for the anatomy u/s and will wait until my parents are in town the week of Thanksgiving so my mom can go with us. I will be 20 weeks then. We definitely want to know the sex and think it would be cool for her to be there for that. We also plan on taking our 6 yr old son to that one. I'm sure he will think it is pretty cool too.

To everyone else....good job keeping up with your healthy habits!!! I love this group to keep me motivated!!!

My goal this week....NO MORE HALLOWEEN CANDY!!! lol!!!
  • shellgib
    Options
    deleted dbl post...sorry
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    I just found out I'm pregnant a few weeks ago with my second... still waiting on my first ultrasound to confirm... so I hope I'm not jinxing anything. I'd love to join this thread because I need to do this pregnancy thing better this time. With my son Max, who turned 2 on 10/9, I was almost 180 when I found out I was pregnant... then proceeded to gain close to 50lbs! 230lbs for someone who's 5'5" is not pretty. Plus, I only lost about 20lbs when I delievered and a few more trickled off, putting me at 200 in August of 2010 when I joined MFP and lost a whopping 65 lbs! I've been maintiaining since early Spring and I feel good but I'm really scared that I'm going to get big again. I've been logging my calories in maintenance mode but I'm starting to crave the sweets again and raw veggies are starting to sound gross. I also injured myself about 2 months ago, so I havent' been able to run.... which had become my sanity. I've been doing the elliptical, but it's boring day after day and my gym doesn't offer much in the way of classes.

Okay, so now that I've written my memoir, I'd love to join this thread for some support and advice/ info.
  • shellgib
    Options
    sorry about the double post...MFP froze up in the middle of it and I hit the button twice :ohwell:
  • shellgib
    Options
    stellcorb...congrats on the pregnancy and on the weight loss success!!! that's awesome!! what have you done besides the food changes to lose weight? what exercise have you been doing? It was hard to keep up my routines in the second part of my 1st trimester, but I'm starting to get back into it. And I, too, had a very hard time with veggies in the first trimester. I did better than my 1st pregnancy, though, when I just ate pasta all the time (including spaghetti-o's!! :noway: ) I bought some V-8 to make up some of the lack of whole veggies. Good news though...into my 2nd trimester and I am back to eating veggies!!! yay!! so much better than V-8!! :tongue:
    welcome and good luck!!
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    hi ladies,

I am almost on the bed rest, staying in my room but not using stairs, my DH wants me to stay that way for almost next 3-4 days, i know he is being cautious.

but still whenever i sit for while and walk in my room after few few minutes i feel cramps similar to cramps when ur periods r due and lie down again.

So it normal? and i used many due dates calculators, most of them say I have past 5 weeks and some say 6 weeks, my last period date was 23 sept.

but still im working on my arms and chest and face lifting yoga too for my double-chin. which was not bothering me b4 BFP, but rite now everything is bothering me
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Okay, so HOLY MOLY!!! I stepped on the scale this morning & I've gained a whopping 7 pounds in the last two weeks :noway: For a grand total of 19 pounds....Granted, I haven't pooped yet today & have been a little off (I think the baby is holding my poop hostage :laugh: ). Seriously though, I need to start logging every bite of food again & stop eating so much crapola! Luckily the weight has stayed just in my boobs & baby belly....but still....eek! The doctor isn't going to be happy with me at my appt. in 2 weeks!
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, checking in! I didn’t get to get through everyone, there was soo much!

Atomdraco: How fun to get a free ultrasound! Congrats on your little girl!!! How exciting! So you now have one of each?

Paulandrea: Good luck on your test results – I’m crossing my fingers for you guys that it is not preeclampsia

Rayna: Thanks for the Cesar article. I have a Bichon/Maltese mix that we will have to read this for. I’m actually more worried about our two cats, well, one cat in particular. I’ll have to send the article to my dad as well, he obsessed with the Dog Whisperer!

Nichole – I don’t think you’re crazy – it’s pretty stinking funny that your belly touched that ball when you leaned forward!

Misti – Where did you find such a deal for the furniture???

Thanks for all the congrats on the blood work. My husband and I are anxiously awaiting Monday for the ultrasound. We hope they see something this time! That would rule out ectopic, etc. Excited about this weekend! Went out for Mexican
    Last night with our group on (yum, fajitas!). Got a small table I lovvve from pier one for our new living room. We got a new rug, and new couches are being delivered tomorrow. My handy hubby even hung our TV on the wall and fed the cables through the wall, so our living room looks like a hotel! Sooo much nicer!!! Way more room, too, which we needed.

Hope you ladies have a nice weekend!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Yup...still pregnant :)

Welcome to the newcomers! Glad to have you here...please read the intro on the first page of the forum and jump right on in!!! :)

Heather "holding your poop hostage"!!! LOL! That cracks me up! I've actually had the opposite "problem". I've always been very regular and account that to healthy eating, lots of water, and exercise. I've said this several times throughout this forum, don't focus so much on the amount you are gaining, but on the quality food you are putting in your body. If you eat when you are hungry and choose nutritious, healthy foods the majority of the time (cause lets face it, we are pregnant and sometimes we just need a brownie or a milkshake...right ladies?!)...then the weight isn't was is important. And like we all have said before, during pregnancy everyone gains weight differently. I gained a lot the first and beginning second trimester and have hardly gained any at all the third. In fact I gained 12 the first, and 15 the second and only 5lbs since...and haven't done anything different. So just be aware of bad choices and try and make most of your food choices healthy...with a few splurges here and there and it will work itself out :) Oh and of course stay active!

dexter has your doctor put you on bedrest for a reason? Unless a doctor has put you on bedrest for a specific health reason, you do realize that physical activity, especially not walking up stairs, is going to cause a miscarriage...?! We have women on here that ran half marathons, that continued doing sprints in Spinning class, that did kickboxing all while pregnant and were fine. I understand the fear...I had two prior miscarriages and it was horrible, but in no way was it related to being physically active. I'm sorry if I am unaware of a medical reason as to why you are on bedrest, but from what you've said it sounds like you are just putting yourself on that.

Shellgib I had that "pregnancy insomnia" off and on all my pregnancy. I wish I had some advice but basically I think I just got used to it and some days were better than others. I commend you for pushing through and still working out even though you aren't motivated to do so! I promise you that it actually helps with both the sleeping as well as the having energy. And I did core workouts until about a month and a half ago I pulled an oblique muscle (oops! lol). And I'm so big at this point that my abs are nonexistent! And that was me that made the comment about not wanting to get induced without medical reasons. I plan on going natural and know that the baby as well as my body needs to have those hormones all in the right balance for things to work as nature intended. :) Are you a RN? I was a Ped's RN before I became a stay at home (soon to be) mom.

atomdraco how awesome to get an unexpected peak at the baby! Hope your little man feels better today!

paulandrea this is the November forum not part 2..but you found us anyways :)

Misti I hope you have an awesome babyshower tomorrow! And congrats on getting all the baby stuff for a great deal! Way to go!

Aimee awesome goals! You are doing awesome...keep up the great work mama!

Andrea I'm right there with you...well a few days behind you, but I feel your pain! lol I had my membranes swept and it wasn't bad at all. It didn't do anything really except help me to lose my mucous plug (so gross) and maybe help to thin out my cervix a bit. My doc said that women who get their membranes swept then have sex have a better chance of having cervical changes....but it didn't really work for me so... lol.

Rosanna no advice on how to handle the sniffles...but stay hydrated and rest. Hopefully it will pass without a full on sickness!

taldie you made me hungry too! Hope it was good! lol

Brenda sounds like you and baby girl are right on track! You are doing awesome. So glad the u/s went well.

Ashley the closer I've gotten the more I get freaked out if I REALLY think about the whole birthing process. I have seen it so many times...but to see it and experience it are obviously two VERY different things. lol I think the unknown is what is making me anxious at this point. I have never been in labor or given birth so I have nothing to compare it to. Not to mention the idea that after it is all over I will have an actual human to care for! lol Ahhh...the miracle of life is such a crazy thing! :)

peaches I had made a comment on the whole pineapple thing before. If they were so dangerous there would be a warning label on them...Gotta love old wives tales. So eat your pineapple and enjoy! :)

Rayna hopefully next week is a better week for you in terms of getting in your exercise. Hopefully you have a blast on your mini-vacay and learn a lot in your birthing class!

AndreaM. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers until good news is told about the ultrasound! The hcg levels sound very promising though. And I love pier1 :) I'm sure your livingroom is awesome!

AFM I just got back from a 4 mile walk....still just waiting patiently for baby to come. I slept awesome last night with not a single contraction. Labor can stop and start several times before active labor actually happens so at least I've had some false labor that hopefully is just getting my body ready for the real deal. My ribs aren't hurting near as badly as she is moving down a bit. I have more pelvic pressure and just a little rib pain but I'm able to be a lot more patient with this whole process when I'm not in a lot of pain...so that's been good. We are going to dinner tonight over at our friends house and tomorrow is Al's birthday so we are having steaks and cake and ice cream. He is working this weekend so that stinks...but I'm trying to stay busy and my mind occupied which I think I'm doing pretty good at.

Well keep the positive baby vibes coming my way! lol! It can't hurt :)

Hope you all are having an awesome weekend and staying fit and fabulous!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Heather, great walk! Hope your baby want to come out soon, nice and easy for you! My real life friend, who is due tomorrow, told me today she think her water might broke a couple of hours ago. It sounds pretty on time to me for that one. :-)
  • bribabyu
    Options
    Heloo everyone of you beautiful expecting mothers. allow me to introduce myself. I am Bridget i have a ! year old and a baby on the way( today actually makes it 14 weeks along) so you can imagine my stress from being a single mother, still not lost baby weight from my son and now i have another on the way. dont get me wrong i love my lil blessing on the way i couldnt be more happier, but i also know that i need to do stuff differently. with my son i ate so unhealthy and all i did was sit around. i was a lazy get me this and get me that slob looking back i feel like i had the most pathetic actions during my pregnancy. this one im eating better drinking water exercising and loving it. i am new at this of course but with a little motivation from other mommies like me, i know i can do it and make my pregnancy and recovery amazing <3 add me and motivate me while i motivate you.