Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-November 2011

Options

Replies

• andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Amy, hugs to you! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Amy, just dropped you a pm. We're here for you!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I had my ultrasound today and unfortunately did not get the news we were hoping for. The baby is still there, but there is no heartbeat, and is measuring at 6 weeks rather than 8 weeks. :( Hubby and I are both crushed, and I think the hardest part is yet to come - telling our 13 year old when we pick her up from school in a little bit. She was so excited about being a big sister. Also not looking forward to the fact that the miscarriage is not complete, and hoping it will pass on it's own in the next week or so and I won't need a D&C.

So sorry to be such a downer and bring sad news, but wanted to let you know - thanks to all for the kind words, prayers and support. I may still lurk around here for a bit because I'm still wanting to know how you all are doing. :) This really is a great group.

Amy, I there are no words....I'm so sorry for your loss and that of your family's!! We will definitely keep you and your family in our prayers in your time of need. ((hugs)) :cry:
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    On another note, everything is good baby is measuring & weighing what should be. Mom,Hubby & me enjoyed every movement she made, and yes it was confirmed it's a girl!!! :smooched:

Aww, Luna you're having a girl!! How sweet!! I'm sure you guys are just estatic!! Congrats!! :love:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning pretty preggos!

I have been MIA the past few days...sorry! Can't even begin to catch up on everything. But I do want to say...

Amy...I am SO sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and thoughts and prayers will be coming your way! (((HUGE HUG)))

Everyone else...hello!! Hope you are all feeling fabulous!!

AFM: Been doing EXCELLENT exercise-wise this week!! This is how it's looked:
    M-Strength/cardio
    T-2 mile jog/walk outside and yoga
    W-Strenth/cardio
    Th-Yoga
    and the plan tonight is Strength/cardio OR another jog/walk if the weather deides to be nice! This weekend will be whatever sounds good each day...atleast another yoga session, and strength/cardio for sure if I don't get it in tonight!

As far as other news...Kadence is doing so great potty training...I really think we are pretty much there. At home (in her comfort zone) it's still usually me that has to tell her, okay...lets go potty now. But when we are out somewhere, it's usually her that tells me she needs to go! Baby #2 is doing great....as far as I assume anyway. I can feel kicks now...still light but they are definitely kicks!! So, yay!!

Well, I hope you all have a great day and weekend!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Amy, so sorry to hear about this. You will be in my prayers. :flowerforyou:

Good to know about the J&J baby stuff. A friend had sent me an article about it but I am always skeptical as it seems there are many claims that a lot of products have "bad stuff" in them.

Lexi your little guy is so cute! Awesome he is advancing well.

Welcome new people and congrats to those who have gotten good news, u/s, good working out and eating, etc. etc.

Yesterday was dark and gloomy and rainy when I left work so I opted to skip the gym for my swim. I went home intending to do about 30 minutes of strength and 30 minutes on the treadmill, but my husband was trying to hook up the cable for my gym TV and in the way of the treadmill, so I ended up doing 60 minutes of strength instead. It actually felt really good and I am definitely feeling it today. This weekend I plan on getting some walking in and also try out my yoga DVD.

Hope you all have productive, relaxing and healthy weekends!

-Ashley
  • kimmers99
    Options
    New to MFP, had joined before I got pregnant and was doing really well. Went on a little bender (16 weeks :-) ) when I learned that I was pregnant. Really trying hard to get back on track now and eat healthy. Trying to exercise as well, I have continued to go to the gym but finding it hard, I work part-time (12 hour shifts) and have two little girls at home. Just need some help staying motivated. I am a candy and chip junkie and pop too. Im due in April 2012 so Im 16 weeks now!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Amy, I’m so sorry! My thoughts are with you and your family. Hugs.

Babeed, about your maternity pant question, I have the same issue with my jeans only (the two work pants are fine), it cuts into the lower abdomen. I think like regular clothes, every type of pant is made differently (not to mention we are all made differently). Are you still in the window of time where you can return and look for new ones? I’d say try sitting down or crouching down while purchasing to see if it happens with a different pair. Best of luck!

Andrea, thanks for the encouragement, I know eventually my friend will get over it, don’t think she’ll ever understand (she doesn’t want kids) but she’ll get over the fact that I’m sure my attention span that day will be elsewhere.
    So happy to hear everything is well, that’s not a scare anyone should have to go through, but glad everything is ok!

Luna, Congrats on the baby girl!

Kristinbee, I thought I felt movement too the past couple days (only while lying down) but I’m so afraid that I want to feel them so bad that I’m convincing myself its that when its really just gas or something lol. Seeing that you and I are due around the same time and you already know what they’re supposed to feel like makes me hopeful that it really was the baby. Enjoy!

So I have my first Chiropractor appointment today! I’m so exited at the hopes of relieving some of this pain, but am so unsure as to what to expect. So stay tuned and I’ll tell you girls all about it later.
    As for this weekend, Bobby and I are trying really hard to not spend any money this weekend. My entire family has all their birthdays in November and December, then its Christmas, not to mention we still need to buy soooo much for the baby. So because we will be saving for the next little while, this weekend will probably consist of workouts (gym already paid for) cleaning, and organizing lunches and snacks for next week so that we aren’t tempted to eat out. This is also a great thing for my waistline as well as the wallet.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Ash
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. I'm hanging in there. The hardest thing was telling our daughter. We shared lots of tears as a family yesterday. I'm keeping her home from school today, so we'll just have a family hang out day. And since I'm no longer on bed rest and confined to the sofa, I plan to get out and stretch my legs with a walk sometime today. We finally have cool temperatures and rain here in California, so it will feel good to get some fresh, cool air in my lungs and stretch my poor lazy body. :P

Hope you all have a good & healthy weekend!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Andrea I did post pics of the nursery. I believe they are in Part 1 of October's thread :)

babeed I'm so glad I was pregnant in the summer for the sake of not having to wear pants! lol I wore loose shorts and lots of dresses. My baby hates anything that is restricting on my belly. She will kick and kick...My husband always jokes how our baby is already being bossy. But I don't blame her...her little head has been down and that is right along my pant line so it is squeezing her...I'd be mad too! lol

Well I was literally up almost the entire night last night with contractions. I knew yesterday something seemed different...and I was in high gear nesting mode. I had to get up and go lay on the couch so I wouldn't wake Al. This morning I'm still having them but not quite as strong and not consistent. I'm going to use the breast pump for nipple stim and then walk to try and get the contractions stronger/more consistent. Wish me luck! :)
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Morning everybody and happy Friday!! I'm happy just because it's Friday and it's just seems to be in high stress mode here at work. But then again it'll be that way till Mid January withmund end and year end fast approaching!

You ladies that don't have to wear pants are blessed!! For three days in a row this baby has kicked and kicked and kicked until I get home and change and then he's fine! Doesn't help that I'm carrying him so low, so I'm sure your right Heather he's prolly not happy to be cramped in there so tight!! Told my hubby last night and he laughed...I was so happy he thought it was a funny issue *insert sarcasim* So we're trying an experiment today. I have 1 pair of jeans that has the high belly band- so far so good but it's still early. If he doesn't kick me today then we're going to HAVE to buy so high band pants :grumble: there goes our budget again!! :grumble:

Someone asked or mentioned about returning my existing pants- No, I'm way past that point and been wearing them a bit to consistantly.

Weather is suppose to be nice, we have the pee wee football CHAMPIONSHIP game tomorrow so I know that I'll be walking lots!! I'm gonna keep working on water intake, which has improved drastically!! And goal for this weekend is to stop eating out (ate out twice this week). Hitting hte grocery store tonight so I should be set for snacks next week!

Heather- I'm prayin that you pop this baby out TODAY!! hang in there sweetie, your being a real trooper!!

PS. I promise I'll take some impromtu pics of the nursery & heather I'm gonna try to look for that DVD today! Thanks!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! :flowerforyou:
    We made it through another week! lol

Heather - You are in my thoughts today, good idea on the breast pump and the walk, hoping that it helps get things going but it seems the contractions you have been having sound promising, hopefully you'll be in active labour soon! Fingers crossed!

Well, this week really hasn't gone as planned, I haven't worked out ONCE :frown: I had to miss both yoga classes this week due to scheduling conflicts with my husband and just trying to fit everything in...plus my hips and ribs have been big obstacles this week. Last night I pretty much was just attached to my heating pad trying to find a comfortable position. I did some yoga at home but nothing I would log, it was mostly to just try to get some relief ;) We had an electrician over last night as well to finally get our garage done before the snow comes, my husband and the electrician were out there working until 1AM :noway: it was brutal for me because I couldn't sleep 1- because my rib area was really bothering me 2- because my dog could hear them outside and can't process that we could be going to bed without Jay...grrr! Lol...she was whining and crying and jumping on and off the bed. I finally settled her down at around 12:00 but just laid there awake until Jay came to bed...and then when Jay finally did come to bed, Mason decided it was time for a drop kick party...so needless to say I'm a little tired today lol oh well, at least we now have power to the garage! Woo hoo!

We're driving to Calgary after work today as well for our weekend away and the prenatal classes I won - it's going to be a long day :wink: but I am definitely looking forward to the weekend. It will be nice to have some time away with my hubby :heart:

I bought some baby socks yesterday from Wal-mart...I'm sorry they are just SO cute...probably the cutest baby thing I've purchased so far...I just can't get over how small they are lol...I'm such a loser :tongue: I also got some mittens and a couple onesies and some newborn diapers. We're trying to buy a package of diapers every other week to just stock up a bit before the baby comes.

Anyway, I should get back to work! Happy Friday everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options

millionsofpeaches: Where did you come up with your screen name? It's cute... I hope you start feeling better. That's awesome you are still getting workouts in. I also ate Cheerios when I had morning sickness and they seemed to stay down. Now I'm sick of them after eating them every morning for 3 months in the beginning. -- For coats, do you have any consignment shops around you? You may also check Craigslist. Maternity cloths are so ridiculously over priced for the amount of time you actually wear them.

The name is from a song by The Presidents of the United States of America... It is a total throw back song from the 90's. "Millions of peaches... peaches for me.... Millions of peaches... peaches for free..." :)

Thanks for the coat tips.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    peaches....I hate to be the buzz kill but pineapple is on the No No list for pregnancy. I wanted to cry when I found this out :cry:

http://living.oneindia.in/pregnancy-parenting/prenatal/2011/pineapple-benefits-avoid-pregnancy-300311-aid0104.html

This is from the Mayo Clinic which is a more reliable source. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy-nutrition/PR00108

I had never heard that before so I called my Dr's office and they said that pineapple is absolutely a-ok. I also leafed through my pregnancy books and no where did it list pineapple as a no no. Thank you for your concern. I would definitely stop if there was any risk. But it seems to be safe.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Heather, I have a feeling today is going to be your day! I hope Charlee comes soon.

Speaking of birth, I just watched an animated video on Babycenter.com about the birth process and it freaked me out a little. It seems that every week I have a realization of what's to come. I still don't think my brain is registering I'm going to have a human in less than three months though.

All this talk about the pants.....All of mine have the high band that comes up over my ribs (for now anyways) and right under my bra. Actually my jeans are somewhat loose in the band and hips and I am pulling them up a lot. However I am also 5'2" and the crotch is a little long so they don't fit perfectly thus more of the pulling up. Regardless, they are very loose and comfy and I could even consider lounging in them and I am very particular about my lounging attire. I got them at Kohls but they are the Oh Baby brand which I think is Motherhoods brand. I got them on sale a couple months ago, but even after altering they still ran nearly $50. Oh well; I wear them several times a week so they're worth it. Something else I've been doing is wearing leggings and just rolling the small elastic waisteband under my belly. I got 2 pair at Target last year (regular, not maternity) and I am loving them with sweater dresses and long shirts. Typically I wear a camy under and my camies are long and lycra so they kind of hold things in. Just some suggestions..... I didn't buy any short banded pants; I thougth they were uncomfortable.

Off to lunch! Mexican day. Yum.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, yes we are very happy! I am measuring at 23 weeks and up 7lbs total, and the baby weighs 1lb 5oz. She has long fingers like me!! :bigsmile: Now to get working on the nursery because time is creeping up fast.
    We are very thankful and blessed!

Heather-Yay! Great to hear you're having mild contractions & might have Charlee soon. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Babeed- I bought some pants and they are tight like yours, so since the weather is getting cooler, I am planning on wearing leggings alot with my blouses. No tightness down there because baby's head is there exactly.
    You must be an Accountant like me with no manpower but so much work right? UGHHHHHHH

Lexi-Beautiful baby boy. Wow how amazing your baby is ahead of where he should be, holding his head now.

Rayna-Enjoy your "babymoon".

Sorry for everyone else I missed!

MofP-Everytime I see your screen name I sing the song in my head. LOL
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Well its snowing here li lovely Calgary Alberta, feels like Christmas....

Its always hard for me to get motivated to work out when the weather changes. Yesterday I had big plans but ended up laying on the couch eating nachos :grumble: We are having some friends over for dinner and we have really expensive steaks... Like 63 bucks for 4!?? I didnt say anything cause my hubby did the shopping... hopefully he doesnt over do them! We are also having fettucinni alfrado, garlic toast and ceaser salad, and they are bringing a pumpkin cheesecake over...

Gonna try to do a light jog or weights on my lunch break, I just done want to get too sweaty at work...

I decided to do my course, stupid employment law, its friggen hard.

Hope to get two work outs in this weekend and do some stuff around the house.

Hope everyone has a great weekend:drinker:
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    Amy: So sorry to hear the news. We are here for you. You and your family are in my prayers.

Lunarokra: Congratulations on the news about your little girl!!

Better_Balance_20: I have those jeans too! And they're awesome! Definitely worth the investment in my opinion. But I too get a lot of use out of them.

Thanks everyone for the J&J info.

Heather: Fingers crossed baby girl comes today!!!!

Rayna: Don't beat yourself up over not getting your workouts in. First and foremost, we all have to keep in mind that we need to keep ourselves healthy, and part of being healthy is being as comfortable as possible, and to get sleep.

taldie01: Dinner sounds amazing! You're making me hungry...

babeed854: Excited to see pics of the nursery soon.

Welcome kimmers99!!!

kistinbee: Amazing job on the workouts!!! I bet it'll be great to have Kadence potty trained before baby2 gets here.

andreamichelle82: Awesome news! So happy for you.

lexijohnson89: Thanks for the encouragement. You never know, but even the possibility that it might help is certainly motivation itself.

My update: Cupcakes are finally gone. Glad they are, but mad at myself that they didn't make it through the week because it goes to show just how many I was eating. It is pretty disappointing because I was doing so well with my self-control/will-power. It totally evaporated after the Halloween party. Most people over-eat with increased stress levels. I apparently did the exact opposite and binged after most of my stressors vanished. LOL. :ohwell: It is in the PAST. I refuse to allow that behavior to continue into another day. I did get a 2 mile walk in yesterday with Abby, but no yoga. I plan to use this weekend, which should be pretty low-key, to re-focus myself and get back on track. I expect to get a walk in tonight and both Saturday and Sunday, in addition to one round of strength, and one of yoga. I also want to do as much as possible toward meal planning/prep for the week. It being the week before the baby shower, I am already expecting it to be pretty busy and don't want to compromise my diet and exercise plans for it. I've been doing too much of that lately.

Any suggestions for how anyone handled the beginnings of the sniffles? I have been slightly under the weather all week and have made sure to get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep/night, but can still feel the congestion starting to build up in my chest. I really don't want to give whatever this is, the opportunity to transform into a full-blown cold, or worse the flu. Especially because contrary to my doctor's suggestions I opted not to get the flu-shot.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Well tomorrow is my due date- but I feel like this baby will be overdue by a week or so, as it seems to happy a lot in first time pregnancies :( My midwives offered me a membrane sweep at my last appt on wed, but I said I'd wait until I was a week past due before even thinking about that. If she isn't here 10 days after my due date, i am schedule for a certain type of ultrasound ( i forget the name) where they check the placenta etc to see if its safe for the baby to stay for another 3 days. I do not want to induce or any medical interventions, since I am planning a home natural birth. People don't realize your due date can be off by as much as 2 weeks so sometimes the baby isn't even late lol... i may think about doing the membrane sweep at the end of next week just to check on things and poss kick start it naturally, but i still have a week before I even worry about that. In the meantime I am still getting my morning workouts in, as well as doing all those natural things to do to kickstart labour like sex, exercise, rasp tea leaves etc.

So hopefully I will have good news soon
  • aimeeclaire
    aimeeclaire Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! This thread moves so fast, it is hard to keep with everyone! :)

Amy - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you are feeling better.

Kimmers - Congrats! I am 16 weeks as well :)

Luna - a GIRL!! YAY! Very excited for you.

Ash - How was the Chiro? I went this week too...I also had a massage....AMAZING!

Heather - This is so exciting. Good Luck!! Keep us posted.

Rayna - Enjoy your weekend!!

Better_Balance - I have the same jeans and have the same problem; I am short and am constantly having to pull them up so the crotch isnt hanging down. I am loving leggings w/ dress sweaters and cami's.

Taldie - YUM! Dinner sounds delicious. Get a quick workout in and enjoy your meal and company.

Atynk - Good Luck!! :)

I have been able to continue my running. I have dropped my speed and mileage, but still getting about 15-20 miles a week and then walking on off days. I feel so much better when I get a run in. Hope I am able to continue as I progress. I had very little m/s in my first tri...but the last couple weeks it has definitely increased. UGH. I hope it doesn't stick around. Such a horrible feeling and hard to get things done at work/home. Very excited to find out BOY or GIRL! I made my first baby purchase today: little baby puppy slippers! My husband is going to be demo-ing the future nursery soon! CAN'T WAIT to start working on it!!

Goals this week:
    *Long run this weekend
    *8 + glasses of water
    *Run/Walk 4 days