Anyone running a race this month?

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    It's not a timed race, but I'm participating in the Screamtown 5k tonight, with zombies!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    October was a great month for me! PR'd my 10K on 10/1; PR'd my 5K on 10/22 and PR'd my half on 10/23! Also PR'd my 8K (but that was 9/24). Good month for me, also won first in my AG in the 5K this past Saturday (and did the same for my 8K on 9/24). I'm in the zone now, first marathon coming up on 11/5. Feeling confident!

Good luck with the rest of your races!
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    I have 2 races this Saturday both 5K's. One at 0830 for Breast Cancer Awareness, the other at 1100 called Step Up For Down Syndrone. Both should be fun.
    Holy cow, dude, and I thought I was bad with one 5K on Friday night and one Sunday morning. :laugh:

I'm officially signing up for a half marathon in January. Adding the training schedule to my calendar right at this moment. I can't believe I'm doing this....

I am doing a half in January also I also just regestered for a full marathon in April so my training will start in January after my half.
    I do 7 to 12 miles everyday so two 5k's will be doable.
  • BroDave
    October was a great month for me! PR'd my 10K on 10/1; PR'd my 5K on 10/22 and PR'd my half on 10/23! Also PR'd my 8K (but that was 9/24). Good month for me, also won first in my AG in the 5K this past Saturday (and did the same for my 8K on 9/24). I'm in the zone now, first marathon coming up on 11/5. Feeling confident!

Good luck with the rest of your races!

"Like" This has been a great month for you.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    I have 2 races this Saturday both 5K's. One at 0830 for Breast Cancer Awareness, the other at 1100 called Step Up For Down Syndrone. Both should be fun.
    Holy cow, dude, and I thought I was bad with one 5K on Friday night and one Sunday morning. :laugh:

I'm officially signing up for a half marathon in January. Adding the training schedule to my calendar right at this moment. I can't believe I'm doing this....

I am doing a half in January also I also just regestered for a full marathon in April so my training will start in January after my half.
    I do 7 to 12 miles everyday so two 5k's will be doable.
    If so, I am sure you won't have any problems.

I've just been informed that my 3 mile run on Sunday has been turned into 7 miles. "We're going to do 4 and then we'll go over and do the fun run." Umm, sure!
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Well I ran a Half Marathon on 9/26 and another one on 10/23 (5 weeks apart), with a big PR in the most recent race. This has officially been the best 5 weeks of running ever! :drinker:
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    well, i intended to run a 5k on sunday, but i surprised myself the other day when i realized i could acutally run 6.2 miles straight, so i'm headed for a 10k this sunday!

any tips from all you other awesome race runners out there? this will be my first race and i've only been running since august, so i'm not expecting to place, i just want a base time to compare later races to as i improve my speed.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    well, i intended to run a 5k on sunday, but i surprised myself the other day when i realized i could acutally run 6.2 miles straight, so i'm headed for a 10k this sunday!

any tips from all you other awesome race runners out there? this will be my first race and i've only been running since august, so i'm not expecting to place, i just want a base time to compare later races to as i improve my speed.
    Do you have an idea of your average mile splits? If yes, you can use that to figure out what your race time should be. You can also just use your latest 6.2 mile training run to give you an idea.

I use Cardio Trainer which shows the time it takes me to complete each mile of my run. I'm averaging about 11:30 minutes per mile right now on my 2-3 mile runs. I finished a 10K on Sunday in 75 minutes, including a potty break.
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    Raced yesterday in beautiful Vancouver, BC around the Seawall in Stanley Park.

James Cunningham Seawall Race 2011 - 5.9mi (9.5km) race.

What a hoot. Pissing rain before moving to light rain for the entire race. Tons of folks in costume. A great way to spend the morning.

PB for me!: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/125370498

S
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    I'll be doing a Warrior Dash in Texas. Wahoo!
  • BroDave
    My next race is Nov 12 a half marathon called "Pilgram Pacer".
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    5k obstacle course this weekend.
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    I ran 3 races in October and I will be running 2 in November and So far I know of 1 in December I want to run! I AM SO EXCITED! This weekend will be my 3rd 5k!
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Warrior Dash Nov 19 in Texas!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Ran my Haloween 5k this past Sunday 37:57, considering it was very chilly, windy, and crazy hills and I had 'a cold' I'd say that wasn't too bad. However, I found out that my 'cold' is actually strep throat AND bronchitis. Luckily I'm on meds and am good to go for my 8th and final (for now) 5k of the year this Sautrday.

Keep at it all. Doing fantastic!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Signed up for another 5k on the 12th. It's on the UVA campus, to promote healthy alternatives to drunk driving. Called the 4th Year 5k.
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Riding a 25 mile bike tour on 11/12 and running a 5 miler Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day.
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Warrior Dash Nov 19 in Texas!

The one in Cedar Creek? I live in the Austin area and have been wanting to do that race or the muddy buddy. Good luck to you! I just signed up for the Cap 10K and the Danskin Tri yesterday.....they aren't until next year and I am already scared:sick:
  • BroDave
    I have 2 races this month a half Marathon on Saturday the 12th and a 5K the next Saturday the 19th. I dont have a goal time. I just want to finish and have fun.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Ran my first 5K this morning. 22 mins 38 secs. Thinking about a 10K on Dec 3rd.