200+ Sheddin' the Stuffin

Options

Replies

• SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just to share - feeling ultra fed up. Have no idea what to eat, just want to go back to bed and hide. No idea why.

That's all I got xx
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Amy: Thank you for the measurements website! Ha, when I opened the website I remembered it was you who originally gave it to me because I recognized the website. Now I've starred it so I'll never forget it!

Keisha: Hahahaha, I feel like school will never end either. I'm going for Social Work...I haven't decided between CPS (child protective services) or Medical Social Work. I am so happy I only have two years left of school thanks to PSEO! The facial was great....except it hurt when they used an extractor! Ouch! I have no pain tolerance at all! :laugh:

Hosanna: I would go with becoming more attractive (even though I all ready think you are super beautiful) instead of the antidepressants.

Bobbie: Thank you! I went to the salon the other day to get all the chlorine out of my hair...ewwww. They styled it before I left, let me tell you, I was not born with the gifts every woman should have to straighten/curl her hair. Congrats on the 200 club!

Annette: Thank you so much! I'm sorry your daughter didn't give you a phone call since it was getting so late.

Kendal: ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Jessi: HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have blackheads all over the place. boo. An extractor is the fancy tool they use to get the dirt/blackheads out of your face. http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P0417

Pam: Do you know any other great fitness programs?

As for me....I did W4D1 of C25K...hahahahhaha, ummmmm.....FAIL!

Considering I haven't done the program since September 21st, I'll say I did pretty d a m n good! After the warm-up I did the walking about 3.0/2.2 walk (yeah, slow but hush!) and the running at an incline of 1.0 and 5.2 mph on the treadmill. I knew the 5 minute running would be a HUGE mental block....so the first 5 minute came and I gave out physically after the first four minutes. *sigh* I'm going back to the gym again today to do it because I never "officially" finished it. I was too tired so I modified it...during the running I would walk at an incline of 3.0 and speed of 3.0....then walk an an incline of 0 and speed of 2.5/2.8ish. So, hopefully I'll be able to get through this week!

Ladies, someone please get one me about taking my measurements this week!? Thank you!

Now off to the wonderful world of school....yay! :laugh:
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i had replies typed out for everyone, but the stupid "post reply" button wouldn't submit it and then the screen went blank. oh well.

i'll just say happy monday. It is currently 70 degrees outside for some reason and it's phenomenal!!!! I think this will be our last bit of nice weather because we start getting the really cold. talk to you all later!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options

Weigh in = 191
    Check in for yesterday: 2698 cals burned/ 1663 cals eaten/ 1035 cal deficit. I'm way bummed about my weigh in this week as my first week's weigh in was 190 and then I jumped up to 193 and now I'm at 191 all while eating within my calories and drinking TONS of water. I've increased my protein and decreased junk food. My body just seems to really like hanging around 190-ish. I would KILL to be in the 180's.

Hailie: take measurements!

Annette: I'm sorry you aren't doing well today, I hope it gets better.

Jessi: Once it starts snowing here, I can't run outside at all. I have to turn to the dreadmill.

Ami: Your sweet potatoes with black bean salsa sounds great!

Pam: I made the casserole because I had a squash that needed me to do something with it, so I just added it as a side dish to the pizza that was already on the menu. Gabe thought it was really weird of me to eat squash with my pizza but it tasted good and added veggies to a pretty veggie-anemic meal anyway. When I make it again, I'll probably pair it with something with more protein (maybe a tofu based dish).

WoW: You are soo close to One-derland!!!

Jenn: I adore dogs! When I see a cute puppy, I immediately get puppy fever.

Lacey: I'm crossing my fingers for your weigh in!

annasgyal: What work out DVD's are you doing?

Kendal: You gotta feel better soon girl!

Today is my P90X rest day so I did my Dance Central 2 game on the Kinect and then spent my afternoon playing a board game with The Kid (instead of doing the school work I SHOULD have been doing). Ah, well. We're supposed to give Loki to his new owners today but now the lady isn't responding to my emails or answering her cell phone so I'm worried that means that Loki is still homeless. Grr.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    I'm venting - be warned!

So Loki's new owner called me back right after my last post on here and said she was all set to pick Loki up at 4pm today. So I broke down his crate and packed all his junk together and stuck it in my car. I was 2 minutes from leaving to meet her when she texted me to say that she lost her oldest kid and had to go look for him (he's like 17, so I'm sure he just wandered off with friends or something) and since it is already getting dark and she doesn't drive in the dark...she can't pick Loki up today. Grrrrrrr......
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ******************************264****************************************

I must say that this weekend was nothing but bad decision after bad decision, followed by constant cravings for anything that wasnt going to run away from me and the love of my comfy pants and couch.

Friday I had a GF over for a Twilight marathon and I made cheese pizza, and spinach dip and bread. I LOVE me some spinach dip and haven't had any in what feels like forever.

I just felt like a bottomless pit. I knew most times I wasn't "hungry" but lonley. My husband was at drill this weekend and he is 4 hours away so he stays there. I just wanted to snuggle and yes, I had my babies, but it's still a lonley time.

Saturday, I started off with some Kix cereal, took my daughter to get her ears pierced and ate Mexican (Yummo!) I had a chicken taco salad and I only l only left the shell. Then we went out Saturday night and shared some Zuchinni fries, cheese balls, and Brie......and of course beer. Oh, how beer is the devil!

Sunday, well after a night of beer od course I don't salads and grilled chicken! I want pancakes and milk, then Burger King for lunch, then spinach Dip and bread, then 4 fun size candies, and then chips and salsa.

Why....why.....WHY?! I mean really, why is it so difficult to say, "would you rahter eat that or would you rather be thinner, healthier, and hotter?" Even when I do say it, it's still a 50/50 chance.

I think because I have never been "thin," I don't really know that being thin tastes better than anything else. Some days I feel like I am just meant to be in this body. Everyone is supposed to be different right? Sigh.....it's just going to be one of those days I suppose.

I hope all of you ladies had a great weekend and a wonderful start to your work week!!
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Amy: You are doing all the right things. It WILL come off. You are working on a 1000+ deficit every day...your body will catch on. Soon. In other news, I bought my very first tofu ever (because of you) and I have NO idea what to do with it. Come on over and fix it for me?

Annette: I feel for you girl. That is a crappy place to be in. Don't you dare give up on me, girl.

Lacey: You hung onto your loss, sister!! I am so proud of you! i read that this morning and stood up at my computer and gave you a fist pump. Really. Wiggle was confused. :laugh:

Hallie: Great job on goin' back to C25K! You are going to rock it this time!! 4 minutes of running is nothing to balk at. I never did the C25K program, but when I started, I was running in 15 second intervals. 4 minutes felt like an eternity.

Kerry: Where ARRRRRRE YOOOOOOOOOU??!!!???

Well, I went running this morning for the first time in two weeks due to time constraints. It was awesome. I did 7.2 miles and I was strong to the end. I was a little afraid I'd lost it, not being out there for so long. I went to the Goodwill on Saturday with my mom and found some AWESOME cold-weather running gear. I bought two pair of UnderArmour pants, two Nike turtlenecks, a Pearl IZumi jacket, and three 'new' bras for $21. I was so excited. I was warm AND cute on my run this morning.

I have a whole day of nothin' planned for today. I have dinner in the crock pot (pumpkin chili) and my kitchen and bathrooms are clean. The bedrooms could use some attention, but I'm going to take my time and remove all the toys that aren't favorites for donation. They both just had birthdays and Christmas is coming. The four of us live in 1100 square feet right now...there is NO extra room. Speakin' of Christmas, I am decorated for Thanksgiving, but the music is all Christmas. I baked Sugar Cookie Cutouts on Friday with the kids and I have planned a Pinterest craft night with my girlfriends to do some Christmas projects on the day before Thanksgiving.

I feel way more normal. My heart is better. My soul is better. And I am not nearly as crazy as I was last week. I have started limiting my "helping" to one kid-sitting per week and one meal delivery per week. I am still going to my friends house and picking up a couple times a week, but she is coming home in two weeks and they have started installing new equipment to help her. Her MIL and Mom are coming in next week, so my involvement will be reduced greatly. I can focus on HER rather than her dishes and laundry. :)

I will weigh in a few minutes. I just logged on and saw Lacey's loss and got all excited.
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Good morning, ladies!!!

Yes, I took two days off work and went totally MIA from here, so apologies! I have about 4 pages of posts to catch up on, so I'll have to do individual responses later, but weighing in at 229.4. Back up again. Shoot.

In all fairness, I ate A LOT of crap starting Thursday evening. Joe's company gave him two tickets to this thing called "Taste of the Town" where a ton of restaurants go to the convention center and set up shop with samples, and there's beer and wine and margaritas... all sorts of junk. The crap eating continued through the weekend. I won't give the breakdown.

Anyway, will catch up later, but a comment for now: McRib. Meh.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Nava: Your Taste of the Town sounds pretty cool.

Sarah: Here's something you can do with tofu: http://peasandthankyou.com/2009/10/28/problem-solved/ Honestly, you can make any kind of marinade that floats your boat but definitely press the tofu and broil it the way outlined in the post so that it gets crispy and not all mushy and gross (mushy tofu is pretty freaking horrible).

Rikki: Sometimes it's hard to keep our goals in mind. On Saturday, Gabe's soccer team had a party after their last game and they had pizza and cheese sticks and cinnamon sticks. I ate a veggie burger and was happy with it but I sat across from a teeny tiny lady who wolfed down her pizza, her husband's leftovers AND one of her kid's leftovers before chowing down on 3 or 4 cinnamon sticks and I swear to you the woman is a size 4 (max). I was kind of blown away at how much that chick put down in one sitting. I'm pretty sure that being thin tastes pretty good for people like her. (yeah, I was a bit jealous - I admit - lthough watching her eat that much kind of made me sick)
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    ******** Weigh-in: 209 *********

I really REALLY don't want to jinx this, but I just noticed that I lost some amount of weight at every weigh-in in October, and now the first weigh-in in November too! I'm crazy excited! Oh please please please please let this continue...

Amy, that stinks about Loki. Hopefully she can get him tomorrow! Funny that you had the casserole with pizza. :) It sounds to me like it would taste delicious no matter what it is served with! You're so close to the 180s! Next week is your week.

Sarah, yay for running 7.2 miles after having taken some time off! I haven't run in about 2 weeks because I've been trying to rest my hip, so I'm a little worried to see what it's going to be like when I try again. I've been keeping up with exercise in other ways though, so hopefully I haven't lost anything as far as running mojo goes. Have you done bikram lately? So glad that you're feeling less stressed and taking care of you now. Pumpkin chili sounds amazing, and I think it could go very well with the pumpkin cornbread recipe Amy put up...oh man, that cornbread was good.

Rikki, I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time lately. Hang in there -- once your motivation to be healthier outweighs your desire to "cheat" nothing will stop you! All of us had to make it to that point first. In some ways, that motivation can be the hardest part!

Megan, happy Monday!

Hailie, I'm cracking the whip for you to take measurments! Two months from now you'll be glad you did. Rock that C25K this week too!

Annette, I'm sorry you're having a hard day...I'm sending good thoughts out your way!

Jessi, you have the treadmill now, right? So no slipping and falling during your C25K; ain't no shame in doing the program on the treadmill!

Ami, baked sweet potatoes with black bean salsa sounds delicious!

Lacey, I said it on your status, but WOOHOO about your weigh-in! Nice work this week!

Nava, those "taste of the town" things are always deadly as far as calories go. They're always fun though!

As for me, if I can get off work a little early today I'm going to try to catch yet another new class at the gym. Something called "Power Intervals," which, judging by the description, seems to be like an hour of 30DS. If that's the case, yikes. They said it's weight training mixed with cardio, so yeah....we'll see!
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Quick grumble grumble... My request for the base pay review was denied. How is it that people in Personnel never seem to say things in a nice way and always manage to make you feel like a maroon?
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    *********************************************:indifferent: 171.1 :indifferent: : ***********************************

It's not going up...right? Right. And, the last time I was stuck for this long, my scale was on the fritz, so I tested it with holding Twinkle.... (My 2 yo weighs 37 lb... No kidding.) Nope. It's working. I even tried pooping.

That's ok. I still have 54 days. :)
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Last call for weigh-ins! I'll post the chart tomorrow morning.

As I mentioned early last week, last week was going to be nasty. Very busy and stressful. On a positive note, I was running (well, speed walking) all around the office and ate pretty well. Logged most days as well. And no pizza ordering all week. YES. I should have some more time this week to post, so I'll hopefully be able to catch up with most of you. You're in my thoughts!
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options

well, it's a gain for this week. Of couse after a weekend loaded with pumpkin bread and pizza, I expected nothing else. So, today i'm aiming to drastically up the water.

I read everyone's post, but failed in my Monday morning sleepiness to take notes. I'll respond to what I remember.

Sarah--I want to loose cup sizes. Congrats. I doubt that will happen for me though. Given that I was a DD at 14, and wearing a size 6/8, I just don't think my genes are going to let me go down in chest area.

Pam--glad you enjoyed your spinning class.

Bobbie--I play Canasta with my husband, mom, and sister. But we can only play with each other. My mom taught us about a decade ago, based upon what she remembered from her childhood. as such, our "house rules" are a little hard core. So, when I got married and tried to play with my in-laws I thought the way they played was too easy and that it made the game boring.

okay,now, that's all i've got in me for this morning. I'll probably check back in and at least read during my breaks. Maybe by then I'll be more awake. I find it so hard to wake up in the winter time up here, especially when the sun doesn't come up until 9 and sets by 5.

-Katheryne
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    OFFICIAL WEIGH IN: 206.6!!! THis is actually .2 lbs up from the whole week, but considering I ate more carbs and cals the past three days I will totally take it! Not sure if it is the change in calorie intake or the change in the kinds of foods I am eating, or the 50 grams of protein first thing, or a combo of all three..but continuing on the path this week with the same thing.

This weeks goal is to walk twice for at minimum two miles. My butt hurts like I said and I need to get moving a bit..however my main focus through Christmas, and probably until I get back from Florida in January is to eat right. I will pick up P90X when I get back from FL with the rest of the girls doing it in the group. Some form of it anyways, probably the three strength training days.

I added a tsp of chia seed to my smoothie this morning in the effort to get more fiber to flush that cholesterol out. That is my second goal this week - to increase my fiber intake.

Kristina - YEAY for no pizza ordering. We brought home half a pizza yesterday and it was complete and utter torture when my daughter got it out and ate a piece in front of me. I ate one piece and then walked out of the livign room while they ate the rest of it straight out of the box.

Sarah - thanks for the fist pump! I gave myself one, well two, this morning too! And yes, at least you are holding out..if you see this one more week what are you going to do?? Change your diet somehow or your exercise? Yeay fo rmore sane times to come. Hey...I'm going to be up to Portland in January to see West Side Story with a girlfriend of mine....hint hint.

Nava - one word - LAME. I've been to a few Taste Of festivals, they are fun.

Pam - I think it is so unbelievably COOL that you are trying all these new exercise classes and such. That takes guts and effort to seek them out. And as for sugar, I gav e up on tracking it. It will make me crazy since I get tons of natural sugars from fruit and dairy.

Rikki - I've said that SO many times..that I am just destined to live in this body and this weight. And for a long time it was true and I was totally okay with that. And I definitely have times where I just eat whatever the F I want and Eff The World who gets in my way. You weren't here for what I have dubbed The Cakester Incident...well about four months ago now, i was all sorts of hormonal and such. There are times I have to stay out of Target because no matter what I do I can't stay away from the Oreo Cakesters. Well I'd had a bad day and was hungry and blah blah and went to Target on a mission to buy these things. They had moved them. I was like about to freak the F out and had crazy eyes and my mind was going nuts and I was so pissed that they weren't there anymore and what the F and on and on, texting my girlfriends all this stuff. I went up and down the aisle and end caps looking for them. I even had a clerk back away when they asked if I wanted help,,probably because I looked nuts. Well I finally foun them FIVE rows away!! I ate three packages of them in the car on the way home. Its a 20 minute drive. Sometimes we just go nuts. The thing is to get back to it and don't let the day or two days get to you and ruin you for a week. You CAN do this! You HAVE been doing this!!

Amy - That totally sucks about the woman and the dog. She sounds flighty. Hopefully she isn't and was just worried about her kid. I always wonder about the poeple who never gain a pound and eat like they are a horse too. You are SO close to 180's!!!

Hailie - good job on the C25K girlie! Keep it uP! I've had extractions done around my nose when I get facials...they HURT but man its so good when its done isn't it! Have you ever looked up The Oil Cleansing Method?? Talk about making my skin clear.

Annette - I'm sorry you are feeling fed up. Maybe allow yourself a couple hours to grovel and then be done? Everyone needs to let them selves feel like *kitten* once in a while. Chia seeds are these little black seeds that if you soak them in water they turn into this gel and you can use it to replace the fat in your baking, etc. I quite like them.

Jessi - hehe, there is a HUGE difference in what is runway fashion and practical fashion isn't there?? LOL. YEAY For C25k!!! Keep at it girl.

Ami - the sweet potato black bean salsa combo...I could see that as working in my mouth.

Jenn - puppies are cute, I love them. Even though they are a ton of work I love them. Good job walking around like that!!

Kendal - I hope you are feeling better girl.

Ookay I gots ta get to work here..
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    For starters, let me start with my weigh in for today. I started last week at 232.8, and when I weighed today, I was 231.0. That is a total of 1.8 pounds, so I will take that. Had to lose about 2 pounds that I gained while on vacation, so I am happy with that weigh in. I am hoping to at least get in the 220's by the end of the week, but definately in the 220's by the end of the month.

Today is my exercise day, and I went out for a walk this morning, and did 4.6 miles. I am hoping to get back out today and get some more miles in.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at 212.8.

I hope everyone had an excellent weekend! Hopping right along on Ripped in 30, started week 2 and WOW! It really is a killer, but it's doable and I WILL do it :)

It's finally getting cold over here in Boise, my poor kiddo does not like it! She's really into her outdoor playtime, but does not like being all bundled up since that makes it harder to play :) We went to a local playground yesterday and the traction on her boots made it impossible to go quickly down the slide, lol.

Thanksgiving is creeping up on us. My favorite side dish is stuffing, I need to try and find a lower cal recipe for it! Anyone have anything tried and true?
  • Julie4610
    Options
    To everyone that had a good weigh in this week - Congrats!!
    And to everyone else, we got this!
    Sunday was 235 even
    Day 6 on Jillian Michaels. She is kicking my butt for 30 day shred!
  • az82
    az82 Posts: 152
    Options
    weigh in ........... 232.6.............

So, the scale definitely went up but I was expecting it. Last week the scale was at 229 unofficially - I can't resist weighing myself several times a week - but only record the Monday weight. The 220s may have been fleeting but I'm gonna try and drink lots of water, eat well this week, and hopefully get meet 229 again very soon.

For those of you who thought the sweet potato/black beans combo sounded good - I got the base recipe here: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/black_bean_smothered_sweet_potatoes.html

and then I tweaked it a bit by using canned diced tomatoes, greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and cumin seeds instead of ground cumin, and just increasing the spices a bit to taste. Yum. I'm tempted to have it for dinner again tonight.

week 4 day 2 complete! I struggled the last 2 minutes or so and some might say that what I was doing couldn't technically be called "jogging" since it was set at 4.3 (down from 5.0)...but whatever... I was moving and didn't stop so I'm happy for now. I'm definitely going to have to repeat this week... but at least I have hope that its going to get easier and that I might just be able to do this!

Hallie - looks like we are on the same c25k schedule. Week 4 is really kicking my butt! (literally, my butt hurts after this morning!) When I did D1 I couldn't even get myself to modify it... I just gave up. Good luck trying it again!

Kiki - while not tried and true - I saw a recipe for chicken sausage, brown rice stuffing on skinnytaste.com yesterday that I'm thinking about trying. I LOVE bread stuffing though and am not sure that a rice recipe will be a good alternative but I figure it's worth at try.

Pam - awesome job on the loses - I'm excited for you! As for spinning class, I've tried it twice, but they were a year apart. Both times were great but I woke up so sore "down there" that I couldn't bring myself to go back. It's so awesome that you tracked down a class even across town. Its no wonder you've been seeing such great loses!

Amy - sounds like Loki's new owner is pretty inconsiderate! I can imagine how frustrating that must be. Hopefully she'll follow through tomorrow.

Rikki - I'm coming back from quite a few days of horrible food choices myself. I know what you mean about feeling like I'm just "meant for this body." Of course we are going to fall back into old habits along the way and eat junk. But today is a new day and that means a day to make better choices and work towards not just having the body that I'm meant to have but having the body that I want to have. If it was easy, I wouldn't be in this mess in the first place, right?

Jessi - yay for starting c25k!

Ok, I'm definitely out of time. Sorry if I missed anyone!
  • kmturtle3
    Options
    I'm totally going to have to make this a selfish-me post and then just get back on track of keeping up with the posts this week if I can. Between work being super super busy (which equals later, longer, crazier days) and also Chris and I doing 30 day shred together after work, all my bonus posting time has just kind of vanished. I'm actually at work sitting on hold with a vendor right now and using that as an excuse to get this post in.

Its been really fun to work out with Chris. He's always asking me questions on proper form for different moves, and I've been able to show him some cool modifications for so of the moves that he's not very fond of so that he's still getting a good workout in. Its also a HUGE reminder of how far I've come, and how strong I am now compared to a year ago. Mostly I'm just really proud of him for taking the initiative. On the opposite side, it drives me CRAZY that he gets to eat SO. MUCH. FOOD. He starts every day with a caloric intake of 2400 cals, and then adds like another 250-400 on top of that with exercise. And he still gets to eat whatever he wants Friday-Sunday and then he's still losing. Men. Grr.

I kind of overdid it on Friday workout-wise... legs/back/ab ripper x, a 2.3 mile run at 7.1 mph (fastest yet), raked the yard for 45 minutes, and then did 30 day shred with Chris. So Saturday I was in all kinds of pain. So I slept in, and made some awesome blueberry pancakes with vanilla silk (omg I'm obsessed with vanilla light silk... 70 cals for a cup of sweet incredible deliciousness. I don't even miss real milk a tiny bit). We went to Detroit and rocked some breweries, of course. Pam, I thought of you because when I pushed my completed diary entry button on my phone for Saturday it told me if every day were like Saturday I'd weigh 179 in 5 weeks. So 21 pounds more than I do right now. HA! Take that calories! lol

Sunday was a hang out around the house day. I rocked Kenpo and got a bigger calorie burn out of it than I have in a while (I've been in the 300s with Kenpo lately, and yesteday I got back up into the 400s- yay for Bringin' It!) I did eat waay too much Halloween candy, but what can you do?

And on that note, I have an angry customer waiting to speak to me, so I gotta run!
This discussion has been closed.