$248.00 SAYS YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN IT

Options
Every single day...without fail,,,someone will sit down at their computer..log on...and write a paragraph or 2 or more about how they are mad at themselves or disgusted with themsleves or some other rant about how they slipped or fell off the wagon or were tempted by the chocolate Easter Bunny.

Today there were at least four such threads and it is fairly early. holidays are tough...yes...but this isnt about that.

First-

noithing wrong with indulging in occasional junk food so dont give me the deprivation angle. This isnt about that.

nothing wrong with the occasional slip or fall off the wagon...we are human...this isnt about that.

In every thread of woe is me and please tell me its OK ...most if not all responses will be-

TOMORROW....fix it tomorrow....start again TOMORROW...

if it is 2 in the afternoon..or 4 in the afternoon when you start yourt whine...WHY WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW?

why tell people to start again tomorrow?

but we are here for support Dave,,,,we need encouragement Dave....OH CRAP and MORE CRAP...enabling is what you are doing by cosigning this tomorrow crap

encourage the wayward eater by telling them to quit whining and start doing...

if you have 8 hours or 6 or even 1 before bed time...get your butt off the couch and burn some calories instead of logging on here and asking for people to tell you to start again tomorrow.

can you explain why you tell people to wait until tomorrow?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Every single day...without fail,,,someone will sit down at their computer..log on...and write a paragraph or 2 or more about how they are mad at themselves or disgusted with themsleves or some other rant about how they slipped or fell off the wagon or were tempted by the chocolate Easter Bunny.

Today there were at least four such threads and it is fairly early. holidays are tough...yes...but this isnt about that.

First-

noithing wrong with indulging in occasional junk food so dont give me the deprivation angle. This isnt about that.

nothing wrong with the occasional slip or fall off the wagon...we are human...this isnt about that.

In every thread of woe is me and please tell me its OK ...most if not all responses will be-

if it is 2 in the afternoon..or 4 in the afternoon when you start yourt whine...WHY WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW?

but we are here for support Dave,,,,we need encouragement Dave....OH CRAP and MORE CRAP...enabling is what you are doing by cosigning this tomorrow crap

if you have 8 hours or 6 or even 1 before bed time...get your butt off the couch and burn some calories instead of logging on here and asking for people to tell you to start again tomorrow.

• codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    so much for the good mood :/
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    no.. no I can't.. 306.gif297.gifhanghead.gif

I tell myself that everytime I screw up.. "Tomorrow is a new day... I can start over tomorrow"..
    You have a good point.. Fix your mistake NOW.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i try to start again as soon as possible, but i have felt so sorry for myself that i wait until tomorrow to do anything about it, its not the right way to go, but sometimes my motivation/mood is so bad and i get so lazy that i wait until tomorrow, guilty as charged :blushing:

i have lots of work to do this week, as i had too much to eat today but i will fix it and i will learn :flowerforyou:

not going to feel sorry for myself or moan, but i can understand people who do, you are not alone guys :blushing:
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    well said
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

First-

I completey agree with you Dave !! there is definitely enough time in a day that people can get up and try to fix the mistake they made whatever that mistake may be.I agree that people need to stop making excuses and just do it or at least try to fix what they messed up .:flowerforyou: GOOD post Dave!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya Dave -- fix it now - either I MUST CLOSE my mouth immediately, or I must exercise for half an hour.
    I did that Wednesday. I had exercised for the day but still blew my food by 200 cals and it was about 8pm; consequently, that 150 calorie twinkie was COMPLETELY OUT OF THE QUESTION. I drank a big cup of water instead -- and went to BED.
  • amanda11475
    amanda11475 Posts: 599
    Options
    I completely agree.:flowerforyou:

I feel the same way when people make New Year's resolutions - why wait for New Year's?
  • schmexybella
    Options
    My god, if you ever aspire to become a fitness trainer I will feel so envious of whoever you get to train I might track you down, kidnap you, and force you to force me into losing. You are officially my dream trainer. I shall have you replace my weightloss conscience angel on my shoulder.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Dave-

Tough but true!:angry: We all got here by not getting our a**es off the couch, making excuses, putting off to tomorrow what we should be doing now!!!! As you said, nothing wrong with a splurge or complete fall off the wagon, but the true road to success is to change all of these habits that put us here in the first place.

Thanks! You're the drill sergeant in my head!:laugh:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    To me, "tomorrow" is metaphorical. What it means is that this period isn't "forever". I don't generally give advice on those sorts of threads, but, in life in general, when I say, "tomorrow is a new day", it simply means, "this too shall pass." Not necessarily "tomorrow", but in the next year, month, week, day, hour or minute.

I've certainly seen advice such as, "why not go out for a walk". I think you're focusing on something that annoys you personally.

After all, tomorrow *is* a new day. It doesn't mean that someone can't take immediate action, but it doesn't mean that they must, either. It's simply something that people say. I'm more curious why it bothers you so much... you may certainly dispense any advice that you wish, including, "get off your butt and work out, then."

People have lots of different ways of expressing support. You telling everyone that they are providing crap and not being supportive and are, rather, being enabling makes me more wonder what's going on with you. Why are you so angry?

Can you make peace in yourself that other people have a different way of dispensing help? Must everyone give advice in the very same way as you in order for you to be happy? Or can you find it in yourself to realize that there are many paths to an ultimate destination, and that yours may work for some and others' may work for others?

I feel that you will be angry for a long time, if you want everyone to change to your way... this isn't the first time that I've seen you complain about this very topic, and I've only been here for just over a month. People will always say "tomorrow". Will you always be annoyed by it? Or can you find peace in simply giving your opinion and allowing others to give theirs?
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I had a bad weekend too, but I decided that I needed to fix it and worked my *kitten* off on the elliptical! As 'punishment' for not working out the past week....:blushing: I am going to work out every day this week.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Great Point- I have steered clear of these threads lately for those kind of things.

If people ate healthly for awhile no junk not too much sugar and then had it they wouldn't want it no more because the effects it does on your bod isn't worth it-

My coworkers made me cake for my birthday and were concerned I wouldn't eat it but I told them I would have a piece well let me tell you it gave me the worse headache- My body isn't used to junk food/crap food anymore- I either get headaches or an upset stomach and become very sluggish for 2 days afterwards- So in the end all that crap isn't worth it- If you stay on the ban-wagon and have will power you won't even be tempted because non of those foods are worth feeling like crap.
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Dave, did someone shot the easter bunny in your yard?
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    AMEN!!! I, too, get so tired of the wining!! Well, buck up and change if you really want to!!!!! I'm doing it every day of my life!!!
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    AMEN!!! I, too, get so tired of the "wining"!! Well, buck up and change if you really want to!!!!! I'm doing it every day of my life!!!

Spelling: (whining)
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I personally am a little concerned:noway: because I am starting to agree and actually like what Dave has been saying over the past few days:huh:

I am also annoyed by these people who want the quick fix and are all pumped up about losing 20 pounds in 2 weeks some other unreasonable amount and then wonder why they can't keep going at that pace AND the people on some of these threads who support some of the unhealthy weight loss tactics. I mean (I don't recall who it was) someone on here had a pic of themselves and were rail thin and was crying about not being able to lose 10 more pounds in 2 days or something.

I agree we should be here to support each other but some of the pats on the back and "it's okays" are just enabling some people to fall off the wagon or jump off even and feel better about themselves.

Jumping off my soapbox before someone pushes me. :bigsmile:
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    I dont know... I didnt even go over my calories and had enough guilt to get me to the gym long enough to burn 900 calories.

I have said "I'll do it tomorrow" for years and years, which is how I got like this... I have since changed my motto to "no time like the present"
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    If it's between "I'll start again tomorrow", or "to hell with this, I can't do it"....then I'll still be reminding ppl that tomorrow is, indeed, another day. :drinker: Best to all!
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    To me, "tomorrow" is metaphorical. What it means is that this period isn't "forever". I don't generally give advice on those sorts of threads, but, in life in general, when I say, "tomorrow is a new day", it simply means, "this too shall pass." Not necessarily "tomorrow", but in the next year, month, week, day, hour or minute.

I've certainly seen advice such as, "why not go out for a walk". I think you're focusing on something that annoys you personally.

After all, tomorrow *is* a new day. It doesn't mean that someone can't take immediate action, but it doesn't mean that they must, either. It's simply something that people say. I'm more curious why it bothers you so much... you may certainly dispense any advice that you wish, including, "get off your butt and work out, then."

People have lots of different ways of expressing support. You telling everyone that they are providing crap and not being supportive and are, rather, being enabling makes me more wonder what's going on with you. Why are you so angry?

Can you make peace in yourself that other people have a different way of dispensing help? Must everyone give advice in the very same way as you in order for you to be happy? Or can you find it in yourself to realize that there are many paths to an ultimate destination, and that yours may work for some and others' may work for others?

I feel that you will be angry for a long time, if you want everyone to change to your way... this isn't the first time that I've seen you complain about this very topic, and I've only been here for just over a month. People will always say "tomorrow". Will you always be annoyed by it? Or can you find peace in simply giving your opinion and allowing others to give theirs?

Well, I must say I agree. Tomorrow is really more a figure of speech than literally "do whatever you want until midnight but then you have to shape up". Also I suspect (not having read these posts myself) that they are probably looking for sympathy and assurance that they can pick themselves up, dust themselves off and keep going. Slip-ups are inevitable, after a lifetime of eating what you want, when you want - it takes time. What is important is that we are all moving towards the same goal, and that we support each other along the way, whatever form that support may take.

Just my two cents.:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.