Couples who dont fight.

Options

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I think it's different for everyone. Each relationship is super different.

I don't know why never fighting would be any kind of red flag unless either or both people are suppressing their honesty. But I think some people really just get along very well. :) I have been in both types of relationships and the dynamic is a very personal one so I just don't judge.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Besides...MAKE UP SEX duh..... i like some fights just because of it

Ever fight DURING make up sex? Kind of awkward if you never have.. Take it from experience.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Why would we fight? She would just have to admit that I had been right all along. :smokin:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Hardly ever. People who get up in my business and tell me how my relationship should work, that bugs the crap out of me.
    When I told her we fought on occasion you would have thought I'd confessed to being behind 9/11. I think she secretly wanted to sneak me into a battered women's shelter.
    You're acting the same way though. I don't appreciate you telling me that it's a red flag to not have fights. Might be true for you, but that doesn't make it true for me. Why can't you just accept that people are all different?
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    My husband & I rarely fight; it's more of a disagreement than a fight, per se, but we DO have the occasional fight. We get it out and get over it. People who say they don't are A) lying or B) avoiding issues.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, when I say 'fight' I mean have a disagreement. In our worst there were tears and a raised voice here and there, but only out of frustration and not violence. We are nowhere near violent.
  • houzkat
    Options
    My husband and I fight over the stupid stuff and the serious stuff. We yell, then we talk, then we "make up". I think we have an awesome marriage :laugh:
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I don't argue or fight.
    Not saying we don't get irritated with one another, but we don't fight.

That's me and my wife too.
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I think it varies but arguments in relationships to me are very important. Not the arguments themselves but what they mean, which is usually that my current g/f is pushing me. i've had relationships where the women just roll over and it doesn't work for me. I can't stand moaning though.
  • dkueter94
    Options
    My ex husband and I never fought, but it was because we didn't communicate....

We are now divorced.

My current boyfriend and I have had some pretty intense fights/arguments, and we worked through them. We have a much stronger relationship because of it.

People who don't fight are ignoring issues and not dealing with them.

I agree! Not that fighting all the time is healthy, but people who don't fight at all or rarely I think have a lot of things they are not communicating to the other person and/or dealing with. Fighting is NORMAL, as long as it doesn't get unhealthy by calling names or saying stupid mean stuff (something I have to work on when I get really really mad!). :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    My ex husband and I never fought, but it was because we didn't communicate....

We are now divorced.

My current boyfriend and I have had some pretty intense fights/arguments, and we worked through them. We have a much stronger relationship because of it.

People who don't fight are ignoring issues and not dealing with them.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.. couples who don't fight aren't talking at all. It doesn't have to be a knock out drag out and no, not a physical "fight".. but you are going to disagree. Even if at the end, you only agree to disagree as long as you listen to each others side and respect the others opinion than it is perfectly healthy.
    Disagreements and dealing with issues does not have to equal fighting. Why do you think everyone's relationship has to function the same as yours? This is so insulting. How dare you tell me that we aren't talking at all? How exactly would you know? Ugh. I can't stand know-it-all "experts" like you.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I think its healthy...the last guy I dated would always use our small 6 year age difference as reason to make me wrong-because I was young. Other than arrogance like that there are issues that need raised
  • may2490
    may2490 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think there is something wrong if couples DONT argue -- at least every so often. No one completely agrees with everything someone else says or does.

I think if a couple can argue rationally and communicate with each other, then you are only making the bond stronger. My man and I argue often, mainly on various issues -- whether its something on the news, or personal issues, etc. You learn more about each other in this way.

Its only when the fighting becomes extreme that it also becomes a problem.. there has to be a balance.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends on the people themselves....I am not an argumentative person at all...I hate it... My bf and I used to argue occasionally, and especially in the first few years as we were very young and going through a lot of changes in life, but we have been together for almost 9 years now so we really don't have a whole lot that has been unsaid at this point lol and we have been through basically everything there is to go through. We usually are all good, but we definitely don't hold back from discussing anything...just usually it doesn't end up in a fight or even argument really...more of a discussion than anything. And we also aren't afraid to admit when we are in the wrong...but we do definitely stand up for ourselves if we know we are right. I think it just comes down to how you both handle things...whether it escalates into a fight or not.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It mandatory to have at least one argument per weekend where I live. we haven't killed each other yet, although my food has tasted odd lately......
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hardly ever. People who get up in my business and tell me how my relationship should work, that bugs the crap out of me.
    When I told her we fought on occasion you would have thought I'd confessed to being behind 9/11. I think she secretly wanted to sneak me into a battered women's shelter.
    You're acting the same way though. I don't appreciate you telling me that it's a red flag to not have fights. Might be true for you, but that doesn't make it true for me. Why can't you just accept that people are all different?

Not sure at what point I announced that all people and couples must be identical, but draw your own conclusion I guess.

I stated my reason for thinking not fighting was a red flag. And I know we are all different-- thats why I asked.
  • mariewithers
    Options
    I have been with my husband 11 years and married for nearly 8. We rarely argue, certainly not in the last few years. I would leave if we argued. I had that in a previous marriage, and I hated it. I am an adult, I can discuss differences in a calm way, i don't need to shout or be shouted at. If I don't agree with my oh or he doesn't agree with me so what? We are capable of doing things together or separately or arriving at a compromise We love and respect each other. He has never raised his voice to me nor his fist, and has never sworn at me or called me a bad name!. I have a healthy happy marriage.
  • JRMcCaghren
    Options
    Communication is the key to a successful relationship. Sometimes in a stressed situation, an argument is the only way to communicate. It is much better to release the tension in short bursts, than to store it up for years.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Just to clarify, when I say 'fight' I mean have a disagreement. In our worst there were tears and a raised voice here and there, but only out of frustration and not violence. We are nowhere near violent.
    Well I'm sorry to tell you this, but "fight" and "disagreement" do not mean the same thing. Words have meanings. You don't get to just make up whatever definition you like.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I had some pretty intense fights at the beginning, but now after 10 years of really coming to understand and trust each other, we hardly ever fight (unless one of us is pms-ing). Now we don't jump to conclusions about each other, instead we try hard to understand each other. It takes work! But you have to communicate and not walk on egg shells. You have to be able to express your concerns without worrying about making your partner mad.