Replies

• jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Was supposed to have our Halloween party last Saturday but we had a huge snow storm instead. So many trees down, thankfully between the boyfriend, his parents and myself, we got the yard looking better. We has no power for 2 days but others didnt have it for a week. It was a really bad storm, nopefully it's not a preview of winter. So we are having a Thanks-o-weenie party this weekend. We're all dressing up and having a big turkey pot luck. Should be fun. I'm going to attempt a challenge for me to hold off the booze until Fridays. Should allow me to shed some weight. Must get back to working out tomorrow!

Challenge starts now!
    Monday - 0!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks....weigh-in on Wednesday

Total:

Goal < 15
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday shooting for -0
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday shooting for -0

Way to go!!!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    So I've had a weird bout of insomnia lately. So in an attempt to kick it and get back to sleeping,I'm trying a new schedule. Now instead of trying to get more sleep after walking the boyfriend downstairs to leave for work, I'll just stay up. So after hardly any sleep last night, 6am came early and I'm exhausted. However, I have gotten so much done and it's only 8:23. I'll get the laundry done as well as the bathrooms and force myself to finally work out again. 0 drinks yesterday and I don't remember the last time I could say that. It feels really good. 0 tonight and even if I wasn't trying a new challenge of 0 drinks until Friday, it would probably still be 0 because I'll just be so tired tonight that I'm just going to want some dinner and then to climb into bed early.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    :smile:
  • thespence
    Options
    Monday-0 drinks
    I feel great today, I need to keep this up. I woke up at 5:15 and did a short workout! Beats a headache and waking up all night drinking water!! Tonite shooting for 0 drinks. It's my bday so it may be hard but plan to save the cocktail for the weekend!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kat...insomina comes with the sobriety, try some melatonin at night 3mg (it takes about 30 minutes to kick in). I like it because it's natural and there's no hangover feeling like with benedryl or other cleep aids.

Shooting for another BIG FAT ZERO tonight
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Kat...insomina comes with the sobriety, try some melatonin at night 3mg (it takes about 30 minutes to kick in). I like it because it's natural and there's no hangover feeling like with benedryl or other cleep aids.

Actually when I was not drinking until the weekends, I slept great. I sleep like crap when I drink. I just haven't been on any sort of schedule so my body seems to not know when I should be tired and sleeping.
  • nisijam5
    Options

Actually when I was not drinking until the weekends, I slept great. I sleep like crap when I drink. I just haven't been on any sort of schedule so my body seems to not know when I should be tired and sleeping.

Too funny, I'm opposite when I stop drinking - or - if I'm stressed out. I sleep better with the drinking unless it's way overboard. I'm a lot better tho since I have cut back and the body isn't used to as much booz-o-la. Good luck with the new schedule.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Whenever I drink too much I sleep like a baby (but usually feel like poo the next day), if I have a few drinks (3-4) I have trouble sleeping, but 1 or 2 glasses of wine settles real nice :happy:

Sunday-6oz of beer
    Monday-0....I chose delicious chocolate chip pumpkin muffins instead of wine :huh:
    Tuesday-not sure yet, we will see how I feel after the gym tonight, but my guess is some wine...unless those muffins make another appearence :wink:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    When I drink a lot there is no waking me up, however, it's not good sleep because my body is more focused on processing the booze then it is getting into a good sleep. Now if it's only a couple glasses of wine, I get that nice sleepy buzz. I'm also thinking that with cutting back, my tolerance will go down so then I stop at only a couple glasses of wine, cuts down on the cals too!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=1 drink
    Monday=1 drink
    Last night the glass of white and Milano melts put me over but only by 30 calories and I didn't enter my workout so I think I'm ok.
    Tonight, Nurse Jackie and wine...
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    For the last 7 days:
    Tues 1: Red wine, 1 bottle
    Wed 2: Red wine, 1/2 bottle
    Thurs 3: Red wine, 1/2 bottle
    Fri 4: Red wine, 1 bottle
    Sat 5: Red wine, 1/2 bottle
    Sun 6: Red wine, 1/2 bottle
    Mon 7: Red wine, 1/2 bottle

Now somewhere in there I also drank a Black Russian, but I missed logging it, so its forever lost...

Anyone seeing a pattern?

It is interesting that I'm also not working out so much. My current regimen is 5 days per week. I missed 2 of those last week, so I only got 3 workouts in. But I haven't gained weight. In fact, maybe lost. And I was over on my calories for the week, by a lot. So as any good lush would do, I upped my calorie goal and will wait to see what happens.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    For the last 7 days:
    Tues 1: Red wine, 1 bottle
    Wed 2: Red wine, 1/2 bottle
    Thurs 3: Red wine, 1/2 bottle
    Fri 4: Red wine, 1 bottle
    Sat 5: Red wine, 1/2 bottle
    Sun 6: Red wine, 1/2 bottle
    Mon 7: Red wine, 1/2 bottle

Now somewhere in there I also drank a Black Russian, but I missed logging it, so its forever lost...

Anyone seeing a pattern?

It is interesting that I'm also not working out so much. My current regimen is 5 days per week. I missed 2 of those last week, so I only got 3 workouts in. But I haven't gained weight. In fact, maybe lost. And I was over on my calories for the week, by a lot. So as any good lush would do, I upped my calorie goal and will wait to see what happens.

And by the way, at least one of those bottles cost me $30, so this could get expensive...
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    well at least red wine has so many good qualities.:laugh:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a small glass of wine last night while I graded papers, I poured a second one, but I gave it to hubs. I'm flying solo tonight, so I might have a glass after the kids go to bed and I do yoga. Can you tell that I gave my "plan" the big eff-off?
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0

The last time there were any 0's in a row had to be months ago. Feels amazing, saves calories, saves wine haha, I mean I could easily polish off a serious amount of wine a week so it's nice that it won't all be gone in a week. Day 2 of my self planned schedule to get back to sleeping. Not a full night sleep last night but definitely a better one. Wasn't as exhausted at 6 this morning and so far feeling pretty darn good, granted it's only 7:19 but yesterday I struggled not taking a nap. Don't have any house work as I got it all done yesterday so we'll see how the rest of the day goes! I must say, I don't even find myself wanting a glass of wine or anything, however, I will enjoy some on Friday and Saturday.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Last night I had 8oz of wine. Tonight I'll probably some as well. Have to get my second workout of the day in first, but I'm sure it will happen...I like wine :tongue:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    If liking wine is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

Monday-1
    Tuesday-0

After I was done with yoga I decided I wanted chocolate instead of wine, so that's what I did. I still had cals to burn. :smile: