Half The Man I Use To Be!!!! Next stop 300 lbs. Lost!!!

Options

Replies

• hjfischer
    Options
    Awesome. You look fantastic. Congratulations on your hard work and continuing the work!
  • dottiemarie
    Options
    "(No offense to those who have had weightloss surgery, my personal belief has always been that if I can't fix what is wrong in my head then no surgery will make any difference)" SO TRUE! Go you! Thank you for sharing your story! :)
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    So with the help of my wife and family we started the process of doctor visits and getting me into therapy. I was determined to lose the weight naturally or die trying. (... my personal belief has always been that if I can't fix what is wrong in my head then no surgery will make any difference)

Head first, everything else will follow. AMEN.
    ** standing up and appluading you, 'cause all that hard work (therapy and determination and SWEAT) deserves way more than I can write in words **

And P.S. -- finishing every 5K despite blown knees???? I am humbled. That's just FANTASTIC.
  • jb2323player
    Options
    wow awesome job!! 12189612.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Options
    That's *fantastic!* Great job! :D
  • cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW! You are truly blessed...in endurance...in patience....and in a whole new body! Congrats!
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    THANKS, I am not where you were or where you are at but I am on my journey and your storie helps. THANKS.
  • preciousperez
    Options
    Wow your an inspiration, you look great!
  • TammyTopaz
    Options
    You are truly a blessing and an inspiration. I thank u from the bottom of my heart for sharing. U have motivated me even more to press on because, though it is hard, it can be done. I wish for u all of life's success and more strength and willpower through the rest of your journey. Be blessed and never stressed. Cheers :)
  • Tutimarie
    Options
    Congrats!!! Your are doing an amazing effort!!!! Keep it up!!!!
  • sharifit53
    sharifit53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll add one more voice to the message... Thank you for sharing your story! I am so glad you are on the journey. Your accomplishments are remarkable.

I hope you tell your wife every day how much you love her... having a supportive spouse (I do too) means EVERYTHING!
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Ed! It really means so much, especially to those of us with a long, long way to go! Best wished for your continued success! :flowerforyou:
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    congrats on such an amazing achievment!

you look fantastic!

heres to getting back on track and enjoying life:drinker:
  • 4Nancynow
    4Nancynow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow..... heartfelt and very inspiring!
  • crystalregier
    crystalregier Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is a truly amazing story....thanks for sharing! You should be extremely proud of doing what most would just say is impossible. Keep up the amazing work!!!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

And P.S. -- finishing every 5K despite blown knees???? I am humbled. That's just FANTASTIC.

I knew from the start of this journey that the damage was already done, I was facing knee replacements (right knee was FAR worse than my left knee)my left knee was actually not that bad pain wise the majority of my problems was in my right knee. So I decided early on when I got to the point where I could bare my own weight that I would find a way to work through the pain. the damage was already done so in my mind getting the weight off was the main focus and whatever damage I do isn't going to matter. Well that logic kind of bit me in the butt this spring, I started noticing the same severe pain in my left knee that I had been having in my right, only thing is that it was far worse. When I went to the Ortho Dr, after bilateral MRI's the doctor came in and looked at me and said "Well sorry to tell you but your left knee is now worse than your right" I not only had stage 3 osteoarthritis and torn the meniscus, I had somehow torn my ACL. So when it comes right down to it I just try and deal with the pain. I know after I put myself through these workouts and 5k's I am going to be laid up in the recliner with Ice Wraps on my knee's for an hour. I try and joke about it (if you know me, you have probably heard me say "Pain just lets you know your alive") I owe alot to the Wellness Center and my therapist for working with me at every turn along this journey. I go through a daily ritual of strapping on braces and taking pain pills just so I can go workout, go grocery shopping, etc.. Very seldom do I go without my braces. They do just enough to keep everything aligned, doesn't help with the bone on bone pain but I am just buying time. I want to be completely done with my weightloss and in maintenance mode before we go forward with the Knee replacements. Call me crazy but my weightloss is and always has been priority number one. I have had to tone it down a bit, I no longer am walking on the treadmill or the track. My knee's can not take that jarring so I stick to the seated and standing elliptical. It is far less pounding on my knee's. You just have to find what works best for you and go for it..... :wink:
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations on your weight loss. That's incredible! And good luck with your knee surgery, you're nearly there.
  • BeautyisBeingU
    BeautyisBeingU Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! You look great. Keep up the hard work.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your journey with US!!! That was so inspiring!!! Whooohooo! Congrats! You look AMAZING!!! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!