HOT MOMS (Closed Group) - 7/18 to 12/31

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Glad to see everyone coming back and giving us an update!

I know you all can do this,we can do it as long as we have each other as support!

For me,I've stayed the same...which is ok since I kinda been snacking on Halloween candy!:ohwell:

Now that all the candy is put out of sight...I'm back on track!

We got this!:smile:
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    Checking in at 193.8 this week, which is GREAT after hitting my high of 195.6 last week. I'm hoping that my new habits will keep me losing regularly. Here's what I've changed:

1 -- Changed my profile to "sedentary" activity level with a goal of "lose 1 lb a week." I think not pushing for 2 lbs a week is easing my mental stress.
    2 -- Keep my pedometer on me at all times at work! It calculates steps AND calories burned, which I plug in at the end of the work day.
    3 -- Planned exercise is great, but my house is a mess! So last night, I put on my heart rate monitor, raked leaves, cleaned my upstairs rooms, and burned 420 calories. My family deserves a clean house, and I can't sacrifice house chores for exercise right now. Lucky for me, doing house chores IS exercise!
    4 -- Track my calories! Eaten and burned! Working hard to stay at MFPs recommendations. And it's working! 1.8 lbs lost this first week. It's SO nice to be over that 1 lb mark instead of hating myself for missing that 2 lb mark.

Let's get some more weigh-ins! I'm gonna post the weekly chart tonight.
  • joimichele
    Options
    Group 9
    Joimichele 118
    Swimmom 121
    Leigh_b 132
    Dc_amaryllis 114.5
  • helena98
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! It's time to review our progress chart...

4Vcms.png

Oh no! Our worst weigh-in yet! Don't sweat it, shake it off, and get back on track....

First, a special shout-out to :flowerforyou: dc_amaryllis:flowerforyou: who reached her goal weight last week! And she's still losing! Thanks for showing us how it's done!

Second, I also wanted to give a shout-out to :flowerforyou: AmberE0486:flowerforyou: who moved up from the yellow highlight to the green highlight, AND she was also the Biggest Loser this week, losing 3.6 lbs! WAY TO GO!!

Only 8 weigh-ins left! What can you do today to make a difference in the next weigh-in?

Here's what I'm doing. I just read about giving yourself a "NO CHOICE" rule, so that you're not tempted to overeat or overindulge in office treats or whatever. Basically, when you're tempted to eat something you shouldn't, your internal argument ("I want it! . . . but I shouldn't eat it!") creates tension, which is emotionally and physically uncomfortable. If you've already told yourself "NO," there's no tension, and you're more likely to stick with your decision. So here are my "NO CHOICE" rules this month:
    1 -- Don't buy any candy or treats.
    2 -- Don't eat any treats from the main office front desk.

Good luck to everyone this week!
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Sorry Helen, I posted I was up a pound, but did not give you a weight. 179. Add me yo chart if you want, no biggie if not. Chart is awesome- thanks again!
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Forgot to weigh in on Monday but yesterday was 138 - which is another loss. Not sure how give all I have eaten (junk and too much of it). Must have been busier than I thought, or its the stress.

My car was stolen on 30 Sep / 1 Oct and I have been fighting with the insurance company for weeks to get them to hurry up and process my claim. Yesterday they finally agreed to pay out but a grand short of what the car is worth. arghhh!!!

My cousins 2yr old boy was hit by a car yesterday which has unnerved me and in addition to my thoughts being with him, now recovering in hospital, I am also holding my 2yr son's hand a little tighter.
  • MrsWibbly
    Options
    Have you ladies seen the new 'groups' thing on here. Should we set one up for us?
  • rkoontz
    Options
    MrsWibbly - so sorry to hear about your cousins little boy - praying for a fast recovery. I don't blame you for holding a little tighter. Sorry about your car being stolen. After what we pay insurance companies to cover us and how do they expect what they pay out to get another car like you had. Hoping you get on the rode again soon.
  • rkoontz
    Options
    So good to see everyone giving pep talks, and encouraging all of us in this group.

I am up this morning (219.5) and it is due to, is the saying " feed a cold and starve a fever", at least I hope that is it because I have a major cold and all I wanted to do yesterday was eat and that is exactly what I did. Saturday I just wanted to sleep and did a good bit of that. I guess you could say I am feeling some better this morning. Would rather lay back down, but am fighting to stay up. I got my kitchen cleaned up from breakfast and still need to strip the bed and get the sheets changed.

My goals for this week: At least 30 minutes on my treadmill, 8 - 8oz glasses of water, and logging what I eat and do on MFP.

Off to get on my treadmill right now. Still drinking my cup of coffee so will get to water once it is gone.

Hope you all have a great week.

Ok
    Monday I did my 30 minutes and got my 8 glasses of water in
    Tuesday I got my 8 glasses of water in
    Wednesday 3 more glasses of water to get my 8 in, will try and get something done on my treadmill ( just feeling really bad from this cold or whatever it is) Will try and post it tomorrow.
  • helena98
    Options
    Have you ladies seen the new 'groups' thing on here. Should we set one up for us?

It looks like it could be fun! I'll set it up this weekend. Thanks for the tip -- I never even saw it.

When I set it up, I'll send out invites to everyone. My thought is to include all "Hot Moms" who ever signed up and to also leave it open since we reguarly get inquiries from other members. I know that I'm one mom who won't reach her ultimate goal weight by the end of the year, so this could be a good way to keep everyone who's still trying to lose weight connected. Any thoughts?
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    It looks like it could be fun! I'll set it up this weekend. Thanks for the tip -- I never even saw it.

When I set it up, I'll send out invites to everyone. My thought is to include all "Hot Moms" who ever signed up and to also leave it open since we reguarly get inquiries from other members. I know that I'm one mom who won't reach her ultimate goal weight by the end of the year, so this could be a good way to keep everyone who's still trying to lose weight connected. Any thoughts?

Totally agree... I won't be at my goal weight either... haven't even made it to my midway point yet :)
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the losers this week!

I'm game to an open group. I sure have a way to go although I have my ultimate goal due on my birthday in May. It's plenty of time if I could just start focusing on healthy foods instead of sweets!

I made Tuna steaks for dinner sooo good! They are only 140 cals for 4 oz. I cooked them on the stove top with some soy sauce and ginger the recipe was on the back of the bag--my daughter even loved them!

Lets keep it up! I don't know about you but I really want to change my color!!
  • MrsWibbly
    Options
    mmm Tuna - I like fresh Tuna but rarely buy it as it can be quite expensive. Mostly my tuna comes from cans!

After a horrible day yesterday I am determined to get back on track today. No junk so far so thats a start. Going to have a go at my 30DS and maybe some Zumba too to see if I can energise myself as right now I feel like going back to bed I'm so sleepy.
  • badbrat2005
    Options
    So I know I will not be at my goal by the end of the year. I am going to now make it a goal to reach my goal weight by my birthday which is February 13 which is 3 months from now. I think that is a little high of an amount to lose in that amount of time, but I am going to try harder. I found out yesterday I have narrowing discs in my back, so I guess that should be a good incentive to get losing so I don't have more problems than I already will.
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I took my daughter to the dr on Monday and the dr said the hives were a virus most likely associated with the cold she has. I am feeling better. Today I am working on cleaning my house as my workout.

Sarah
  • rkoontz
    Options
    Sarah - so glad that you got the hives figured out. I also went to the doctor yesterday after being sick for a week. I also am cleaning my house today - it is in such a mess. I only got on my treadmill once this week.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    146.6 today....actually a 0.4 increase from last week. I was down to 145.8 earlier in the week, but have had a few days of over indulgence the past few days. I will get it back on track this weekend, and will be burning off a lot running a half marathon on Sunday, so not stressing about it too much. Hope everyone had a good week and that you are enjoying a relaxing Veteran's Day, and have a fun weekend planned.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    ~~ WEIGH IN 11/12/11 ~~

Well, I was up a little last week, but I lost a little this week

I lost 1.2 lbs and that currently puts me at 151.0 lbs. I hope I will be breaking into the 140's soon, but I got a feeling my body is going to be fighting me here on out!
  • helena98
    Options
    Since we formed our new MFP group this week ("Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom??"), I will no longer be posting any new weekly charts in this thread. I have sent invitations to everyone to join this new group. If you haven't already done so, please accept your invite. Weigh-ins will now be posted in a new weekly thread from Fridays to Mondays, with a new progress chart posted on Tuesdays.

Be sure to check out all the discussion threads in our GROUP-ONLY section. I'm excited about the new weekly challenges Leigh is going to give us!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/501-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom

Helen