Over 200 new me part 53 (open group)

Options

Replies

• lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Awestfall: What a stressfull week for you! I'm glad to hear Amelia is doing better, I hope she continues to improve. Take care of yourself!
    VeronicaandMat: Good luck with the baby delivery, keep us posted!
    Annasgyal: I totally find myself singing the songs from my step class ... sometimes during my sleep ... it can be annoying!

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: FINALLY under! just barely but I will take it
    exercise: good - 45 minutes of step
    water: pretty good
    proud: under on calories, and almost out of chex cereals in the house ... apparently having chex mix (or just plain old chex) in the house is almost as bad for me as chips and dip... I can't leave it alone.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Wednesday:
    Calories- we went to Cheesecake Factory instead of Mexican. :grumble:
    Water - good
    Exercise - Week 4 C25K and bike

Proud - that at the cheesecake factory I didn't try my friends fried chicken, and I ordered off the skinnylicious* menu - and when I caved in and split a cheesecake with my friend I didn't eat ALL of my half.:ohwell:

*It's not all that skinny- I ordered two appetizers instead of a meal, goat cheese and beets salad (and I don't like beets so I figured it would slow me down) and a grilled artichoke. WHO KNEW HOW HIGH THE CALORIES ARE for those two innocent items. Bah.:grumble:
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I will add my apoligies to the others who have been MIA. (Thanks Momma24 for the check-in) Me and my husband has just planted a church in our area and it has been ALL-CONSUMING! I have been eating right but just not having the time to document everything. I am hoping to get back on track with that this weekend.

I did read up on everyone's activity and am thankful to be part of this group. Y'all are very motivating and encouraging!

Blessings!
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Ann, nothing worse than our babies being sick but for one of them to be sick enough to get admitted to the hospital is beyond stressful. Sister I am praying for you and your family. Glad Amelia is on the mend.

lstpaul, Hi there friend!

mstahl, I love your posts

annasgyle, your post made me smile.

Veronicaandmatt, congrats, how exciting that the baby is coming so soon!
  • Momma24
    Options
    I will add my apoligies to the others who have been MIA. (Thanks Momma24 for the check-in) Me and my husband has just planted a church in our area and it has been ALL-CONSUMING! I have been eating right but just not having the time to document everything. I am hoping to get back on track with that this weekend.

I did read up on everyone's activity and am thankful to be part of this group. Y'all are very motivating and encouraging!

Blessings!

Nice to see you
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    So today it seems, I am going to need my "unofficial" exercise calories! Well, I went to run some errands, and some of those errands required me going to K-mart and the dollar store. So I set my pedometer, and after 50 minutes of walking, voila, I burned 218 calories! LOL....I crack myself up sometimes. Now normally I do not document these calories, but today I did. So my dinner of Fish and brocolli, and my treat of a 100 calorie ice cream sandwich, will put me over by about 30 calories, buttttt with my "unofficial" exercise calories I am under....Go figure.....

So far, about 6 glasses of water down, lets see if I can make it to 8....I mean that is only one bottle of water that I have to drink right? Will find out if I did a little later!
  • mudya
    mudya Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've been on the site for 10 months and have lost 17lbs. I weigh myself every 3 weeks, and tomorrow is my weigh in, wish me luck!!
    But its my 20th birthday tomorrow and I'm probably going to order a pizza... I'm going to try and stay within my calorie range!
    I weighed 208lbs on the 21st of October and hope to be 205lbs tomorrow.
  • Momma24
    Options
    Happy Birthday Mudya and congrats on your weight loss so far.
  • annasgyal
    Options
    Friday weigh-in loss and percentage:

Starting weight as of 11/4/11-234.0
    Today's Weight on 11/11/11-230.4.....* blinks profusely...yep, stepped on the scale three times*

Weight loss percentage-1.54%....I will take that all day.....
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Congrats annasgyal! and Happy Birthday Mudya!
    My weigh-in (as expected) was not very good ... I'm still up 4 pounds from 2 weeks ago. I have been doing just terrible for 2 weeks ... I need to get this eating slide stopped. Last night I finally gave in to my chip & dip urges and ate an entire large bag of chips and container of top the tator! Half last night and half this morning! Do you know how many calories are in a bag of chips and container of dip? 2040! AAARGH!

so .....
    lstpaul ........ +4.0 ....... -0.0%
    annasgyal....-3.6.......... -1.54%
  • Momma24
    Options
    I am down 2 pounds from last Friday. However I am counting it as a zero because I gained 3 pounds last week.:laugh:

momma..........0............0%
  • kam3373
    kam3373 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So I guess I am late but would love to join you all if the invite is still open. I find myself over 200lbs for the second time in my life. The first time I was in my 20's and about to cross to the 300s when it clicked and I lost 120lbs. This time is sooo much harder and each time I step on the scale I am heading in the wrong direction.

So starting over with today as my day 1 and looking forward to posting good news net week.
  • Momma24
    Options
    Welcome Kam
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    annasgyal....-3.6.......... -1.54% :flowerforyou:
    mstahl.............0............0%

I'm starting to recover from my mystical 5lb weight gain a week ago - hope to be down to my ticker weight by next week!
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    checking in for Thursday.

Lets see- I had three dinners and a lunch at a Mexican restaurant. Hmmm... Can you say 4000 CALORIES? yep. Pretty much.

Calories - EPIC:sad:
    Water - fine
    Exercise - C25K week four and biking

Proud - well... hmmm... tough one. Clearly the FIVE:explode: LARGE:mad: meals didn't help me much but I am proud that I got up and worked out Thursday AM. I wasn't feeling it and running was as hard as it has EVER been. But I did it. For the first time since I've started the running program over I had a walker pass me (:noway: TWICE:grumble: ) while I was "running" but none the less I stuck it out.:tongue:

My second dinner was a meeting for the "Team in Training" or TnT group I've joined that raises funds for Leukemia and Lymphoma cancer research by participating in events like century bike rides, triathlons and marathons (walking and or running). I'm signed up to do a triathlon in FL in April! It was my first meeting and everyone was really nice. I'm terrified and excited! I've raised about $355 so far and have $4650 to go to meet my goal... so if any of you are interested in contributing a couple dollars I sure would appreciate it!!! :flowerforyou: Here's the link if you'd like to see my page? You'll have to copy paste it into the browser :ohwell:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/anttry12/SquibGirl

My theory is that if I have coworkers and MFP friends supporting me I won't be able to wimp out of it and it will really keep me motivated to get the training in! After my mastectomy the upper body work required in swimming is pretty erm... interesting, so I need this motivation to keep the effort cranked up :wink:
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    snowflakes...+.8..........0%

Hello lovely ladies,

Had a great trip and I feel like I did really well with drinking plenty and eating carefully, yet the scales are up. I hope that it is just water retention from the hours sitting in the car yesterday. How did everybody do on lasts week challenge of arm strengthening (4 days) and choosing a better food choice over a not so good choice (3 times). The better food choices I did great and I only did 3 days on the arms.

awestfall so sorry you have had a little one in the hospital. Sending you best wishes and prayers.

Welcome to you new gals. Jump in and chat away.

annasgyal you brought it on strong this week. You are our biggest LOOSER! YAY... Your birthday trip is waaaaay behind you. What song is going through your head now??? ha ha ha What will our challlenge be?

mstahl a mile swim...You are so much stronger than i am! As a teenager I did that, but today?!?! I get so hungry after I swim, maybe that is part of your EPIC calorie intake. You go girl.

Heather I thought of you as we went and hiked a state park that was new to me. It is an Indian settelment that was found in the 1980's that dates back to 75 BC. So cool! I am facinated with petroglyphs and there were many to see. Hope you have had a safe trip.

momma missed you, hope all is well!

lstpaul it seems that you and I both crave crunchy and salty things. Are you a pop corn fan? POP CORN did someone say POP CORN, is it ready? (Not microwave kind, yuck!)
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Shelle68.....+2.4 .........-0.0%
    snowflakes...+.8..........0%

Not sure why the scale is up. I have not been overeating. I would say fluid but even that is a mystery. I have not been working out like I would like but that shouldn't do it. Anyhow, today has been good with eating choices. Sundays are usually the day that I overdo it. So I want to plan the meals for tomorrow so that I don't feel the urge to order in or eat out after doing 3 services of church. It is a very exhausting day for us. :) But wouldn't change it!

Saturday:

Water: 64 oz
    Calories: didn't journal... but good choices... but need to journal. :)
    Workout: Cleaned house ALL DAY... yes about 5 hrs worth, I think that counts

Proud: I survived a Friday without ordering pizza even though I gave at least 30 mins of serious thought of doing it. Instead, I made a delicious dinner and left the kitchen spotless. VERY PROUD!!!
  • annasgyal
    Options
    Check-in for yesterday,

Calories: yes, way under, exercised twice, so I expected to be under.
    Exercise: Yes...did my infamous two a days, so got plenty of exercise in
    Water: Got 12, that's right 12 glasses of water in.....I was so over on my sodium, so I needed that water to flush that extra sodium. Do not need to be retaining water due to sodium

Today I have a cook out, so I decided to do a extra workout, just in case I may over indulge a bit. In addition, I am chugging my water early because I am not sure what the beverages of choice will be.
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Ok, its Sunday and I gave myself a cheat meal. But only a meal not a day.

Calories: Over
    Water: Yes
    Workout: Off for Sundays

Proud: Let you know after church when I don't eat anything.
  • annasgyal
    Options
    Well I will check i for today

Calories: under.....considering I had a slice of cake...hey works for me
    Water: surprsingly, I actually got my water in....
    Exercise:Nope...off day