For all you pizza lovers... Doughless Pizza Recipe :)

Options

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Made it, loved it, will make it again. That crust could be used in many different ways, even as a dessert I betcha!
  • k_stump_13
    k_stump_13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • glenda_ok
    glenda_ok Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    This sounds Ohh so Yummy!!!
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've gotta try this.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Yea! Now I know what to make for supper!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    We had this a couple of weeks ago. It was amazing! We found that if you steam the cauliflower and let it drain - both before and after you rice it, it will come out less MOIST. Also, we added about 2 tsp. of whole grain flour into the crust to bind it.
  • annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds crazy. Pizza dough out of cauliflower!!!!?? Let me tell you. Its amazing. You can make this on a baking sheet and cut into squares if you wish.... Literally the entire pizza is around 430 calories. Best thing EVER to suit your pizza craving!

Ingredients

•1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
    •1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    •1 egg, beaten
    •1 teaspoon dried oregano
    •½ teaspoon crushed garlic
    •½ teaspoon garlic salt
    •olive oil (optional)
    •pizza sauce, shredded cheese and choice of your toppings*
    Instructions

To "rice" the Cauliflower: Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself. One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

To Make the Pizza Crust:

1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
    2.In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9" round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.
    3.Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
    4.Remove from oven.
    5.To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).
    *Note: Toppings need to be precooked since you are only broiling for a few minutes.

I just bought ingredients to make this. Going to try it tonight!
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I think I'll have to try this one. Thanks :)
  • BrwnGirlSlimmn
    BrwnGirlSlimmn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump*

i wanna try this
  • Bllanes
    Options
    Gotta try this one!
  • Debadoo2018
    Debadoo2018 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • srburkart
    Options
    bump
  • walkingsun89
    walkingsun89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!
  • kbonamour
    kbonamour Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have used zucchini in place of the pizza crust before, and it's crazy delicious! Just cut the zucchini in half length-wise, scoop out a little bit of the fleshy part, and then add your sauce, cheese, and other toppings. Then you can either bake it or grill it.
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... I <3 Pizza... Need to be brave here...
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TrimThinTonedTight
    Options
    Bump. :)

Sounds really yummy. Can't wait to try.
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I cannot wait to try this! My boyfriend automatically hates anything vegetable so I want to make it and see if he likes it. :) Sneaky, sneaky!