What is the rudest thing someone has ever said about your we

Options

Replies

• JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I was worried the last word was "weiner" in the truncated subject title and had already started tearing up before reading the responses.

Dude I am SO glad I read this post of yours...Seriously the best laugh I have had all freaking day! Awesome.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Wow, some of these people are terrible!

I'm my harshest critic; there is nothing anyone can say to me that I haven't already thought or told myself already. Last year, I went to buy jeans and tried on my normal size and couldn't button the pants. I sat down and cried for twenty minutes alone in the fitting room.
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    In response to Cweiss14 "introducing" your mug of beer into a man's crotch, I say: "Great job!!"
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I know they didnt mean it, but people seeing my before and after photos saying "You look ten years younger! You look like your a teenager or early twenties!"

Im 20 years old. Im glad I look my age, but makes me realize how bad I was
  • sunnyzephyr
    Options
    This posts make me sad. I've had a few insults, but instead of sharing them, I would much rather tell you all that you are all beautiful and strong people! You should be proud of what you are doing and even when you have reached your goal, keep those negative people out of your life. The only people who are worth keeping around are the ones who can love you at your worst and your best! Good luck to all of you! :heart:
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Well, let's see, just recently, before I started losing:

My father said, "Loredana, you getting too big, don't eat so much" (in his broken Italian accent)

My boyfriend's grandmother, who is 94, asked me if the rest of my family was also fat (in Italian) - which they are not.

I speak Italian as well, and my bf tried to convince me this was not what she meant, she meant old, that is their dialectic - I know it's not true, and didn't make sense anyway, since we were talking about weight at the moment! Anyways, she said this to me right before we went out for our 1 year anniversary and of course I cried for about an hour and almost ruined the entire night.

Now that I am losing, my boss commented that it's just water weight, but it's a good jump start to how much I have to go. Gee, thanks.
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    No one has ever said anything ruder to me than the things I used to say to myself.

This is very powerful.

Ditto... really makes you stop and think who are biggest critic can be... and how different things could be if we were our biggest fan!
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    One I almost forgot about: we had free tickets for a premiere at the movies. We are in a lineup, everybody gets checked to make sure no one has a camera, etc.

This guy behind me starts saying they're going to scan the little one and I look at him puzzled..he keeps on going on how it will be noisy and that I need to protect the little one and that the little one shouldn't take pictures at that movies, all cute-sy...I'm waiting for that freaking lineup to end and I just can't say anything without not bursting into tears and he keeps at it until we get in and I sit as far away as possible from that guy. Couldn't say that i'm not pregnant, it would've been a mess and not a good one.
  • amymaria91
    Options
    I remember walking home from high school one day, about 6 years ago (I was 14), and there were some boys following me saying that my legs were so big that they looked like hamburgers, could they take a bite etc. The whole way home! I burst into tears when I got home.

A none weight related evil thing someone said to me was from a "teacher" in high school. I was really upset one day and she told me "you're a flat soufflé and nobody wants a flat soufflé, you're a squashed sausage and nobody wants a squashed sausage do they?" As a result I went home and ate loads of food to make me feel better. To this day it still really hurts that she called me that
  • Miss_Behaving
    Miss_Behaving Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A guy I was dating told me as soon as he saw me without clothes, he lost all attraction to me. Needless to say, I didn't see him again after he said that.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    This posts make me sad. I've had a few insults, but instead of sharing them, I would much rather tell you all that you are all beautiful and strong people! You should be proud of what you are doing and even when you have reached your goal, keep those negative people out of your life. The only people who are worth keeping around are the ones who can love you at your worst and your best! Good luck to all of you! :heart:

THANK YOU!!! You are very kind.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I was at a bar and some rude, drunk Army guy was making comments while I was talking to a friend. Specifically, he said "Your fat *kitten* is blocking the exit. You're a fat f*ckin fire hazard, Shamu."

Needless to say, he was singing a different tune when I introduced my mug of beer into his crotch with more force than I've ever manage to muster before or after that situation while he was in the fetal position on the floor.

Girl, you are EPICLY HEROIC!!! Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you! I am so glad too know that there are people like you in the world. Strong women who don't put up with being treated like they are beneath others, whatever the reason!
  • mcintyrekn
    mcintyrekn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A guy I was dating told me as soon as he saw me without clothes, he lost all attraction to me. Needless to say, I didn't see him again after he said that.

This broke my heart. I've been there. I understand.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I was 5'7'', depressed and eating my feelings...going from 108 lbs to 148 lbs in a matter of 4 months.

My sister: "Get out of my way, Tubbs McGee...fat *kitten*."
    My then boyfriend: "Hot? No, you're more like, cute and roll-y poley!"
    My mom: "You're getting really big. We should put you on a diet."
    My dad to my sister (I'm in the other room but still within earshot): "Don't tell your sister we bought donuts, she'll probably eat all of them"
    My aunt, having flown all the way across the country to see me: "Wow. You really gained a lot of weight since I last saw you. I'm going to do up a meal plan and exercise plan for you to start following to a T."

THIS WAS ALL SAID TO ME WITHIN THE SAME WEEK.
  • amymaria91
    Options
    I was 5'7'', depressed and eating my feelings...going from 108 lbs to 148 lbs in a matter of 4 months.

My sister: "Get out of my way, Tubbs McGee...fat *kitten*."
    My then boyfriend: "Hot? No, you're more like, cute and roll-y poley!"
    My mom: "You're getting really big. We should put you on a diet."
    My dad to my sister (I'm in the other room but still within earshot): "Don't tell your sister we bought donuts, she'll probably eat all of them"
    My aunt, having flown all the way across the country to see me: "Wow. You really gained a lot of weight since I last saw you. I'm going to do up a meal plan and exercise plan for you to start following to a T."

THIS WAS ALL SAID TO ME WITHIN THE SAME WEEK.

Harsh, all that in one week?! Bet you were on a major downer at the end of that week
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My ex-fiance would refuse to kiss me if i got into the 130's.

That was the most painful thing.

I have also been told by a guy that he only dated skinny girls.
    Funny thing was I wasnt even attracted to him.
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My wife told me I was disgusting when I was naked recently. (I can't believe I just shared that but there it is lol).

Wow, dude...that's just freaking toxic and abusive, imo. If you were a woman who's husband said that to her, I'm sure there would be plenty of people advising you to seperate or at least get into some serious counselling asap.
    IMO, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

If my man *Ever* said anything like that to me, I'd have to take a page from Tarantino's book and say "No marriage counselling, no trial separation - straight to ****in' divorce. "
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    not about my weight, but recently I was sitting in a coffee shop with a friend talking about hair cuts and another acquaintance pipes up "no man would ever be attracted to a girl with hair as short as yours" to me, I was astounded. However, nothing would make me go out with a mysogynistic pr*ck!

I have had a friend say about someone I was interested in "he only likes skinny chicks" to shut me down.

GG
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    not about my weight, but recently I was sitting in a coffee shop with a friend talking about hair cuts and another acquaintance pipes up "no man would ever be attracted to a girl with hair as short as yours" to me, I was astounded. However, nothing would make me go out with a mysogynistic pr*ck!

I have had a friend say about someone I was interested in "he only likes skinny chicks" to shut me down.

GG

Wow! With friends like that, who needs enemies? (Think I got the quote right). You are very attractive and if someone judges according to hair length or body size, they don't deserve you. I'd think friends would support you, not tear you down.
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    the worst has been by my husband of 21 years, a few months ago he told me that my weight grosses him out that i let myself get comfortably with are relationship that i shouldn't eat anything but water for 30 days and that i will lose the weight.. i wish it was that easy.

i'd tell him "hey, i found this GREAT diet! i can lose 200 pounds in ONE day. Sign these divorce papers, asshat."
    :D