Burger King ... you are kidding me..

Options

Replies

• kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Put it this way, toothpaste by your definition is poison.

You're not supposed to eat toothpaste ;)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options

Many ingredients in fast food are poisonous in larger quantities. Small doses of poison are still poison. I'm not a nutritionist, and I'm not touting myself as an expert. And I'm not some holier-than-thou jerk who lives off of organic spinach and tofu. I eat fast food, just like pretty much everyone else in the developed world. I'm just sayin' it's junk. :)
    Arsenic is poison, yet exists in most animals. Same with iodine. It's just in such minute amounts that it doesn't affect us. Same with fast food.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Many ingredients in fast food are poisonous in larger quantities. Small doses of poison are still poison. I'm not a nutritionist, and I'm not touting myself as an expert. And I'm not some holier-than-thou jerk who lives off of organic spinach and tofu. I eat fast food, just like pretty much everyone else in the developed world. I'm just sayin' it's junk. :)
    Lots, and lots, and LOTS of things are poisonous in large quantities but harmless (or beneficial) in smaller quantities. Things like Vitamin A and B, Iron, sodium, oxygen, water, etc. By your logic, we shouldn't take Vitamin A because it is dangerous to take too much.
  • kateroot
    Options
    Lots, and lots, and LOTS of things are poisonous in large quantities but harmless (or beneficial) in smaller quantities. Things like Vitamin A and B, Iron, sodium, oxygen, water, etc. By your logic, we shouldn't take Vitamin A because it is dangerous to take too much.

Very true. I just think the average fast food meal has way more synthetic crap in it than the average person should consume on a daily basis. That's the only point I was trying to make. "Poison" was a poor word choice.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Put it this way, toothpaste by your definition is poison.

You're not supposed to eat toothpaste ;)

but you injest it in small quantities
  • Jeff92se
    Options

Very true. I just think the average fast food meal has way more synthetic crap in it than the average person should consume on a daily basis. That's the only point I was trying to make. "Poison" was a poor word choice.

Fair enough. I call truce.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I prefer A&W. Teen burger no onions extra pickles. And onion rings. If they have honey packets to dip the onion rings into, bonus! It's been two or months since my last teen burger. :-(
    If I'm going to eat junk, I try to exercise before so I have the calories saved up, instead of exercising afterward because it feels more like I'm punishing myself, instead of just anticipating and enjoying a treat.
    Definitely don't eat out often.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    burger.gif
  • kateroot
    Options

Fair enough. I call truce.

Ditto :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I never want this thread to end. Seriously. It could only be better if we could work in HCG/VLCD and poop into it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Guess what I'm gonna eat for dinner :)
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    8893958-portrait-of-smiley-woman-with-burgers-isolated-on-white.jpg
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Guess what I'm gonna eat for dinner :)

It's unfortunate that this is under the post about hcg and poop... Because now I'm guessing... A small amount of poop.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I thought the same when I heard that recently. They have healthier options but they promote all of the crap.

Simple economics, they sell more of the unhealthy stuff so they can sell it at a lower rate

Cost per unit drops with demand
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Whopper Jr is my favorite. It's only 340 cal and it's very satisfied for me.
    My quick lunch is either Whopper Jr or Wendy's chili.
    Whopper Jr is only 340 calorie.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Today's Wendy's chilli = yesterday's whoppers.

But yeah, I eat it still
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Oh by the way guys, I had a McDonalds last week & I lost weight

The is a fine line about keeping healthy and becoming a self made authority figure who is too health conscious, if you don't want to eat it then fine.... but Fast Food is sustenance which ISN'T Poison, it doesn't cause any damage to you purely from eating it... now alcohol & nicotine they are a poison because it immediately destroys cells whether you abuse them or not, the is a big difference.

It's good people on here try to keep a healthy approach to life but some people seem to loose touch with why these products are here in the first place and why people eat them. Not everyone, in fact most people don't abuse fast food it's poor decision making that does that NOT the food you are consuming.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You guys are making me want hella BK. I'll get it too, when I'm working my *kitten* off serving this "poison" to unsuspecting Black Friday shoppers.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Today's Wendy's chilli = yesterday's Hot N' Juicy

But yeah, I eat it still
    Fixed it. :wink:
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    "Like" and agree...unfortunately, many people find it easier to drive thru than to plan ahead and cook for 15 minutes...Sad.
    What would be the "health costs" of feeding a child a moderate amount of Burger King, i.e. 1-2 times per month?