Drop fat and gain muscle!!! Newbies Read this.

Options
123457»

Replies

• ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I like how you breakdown how nutrition for muscle works on the carb-protn-fat ratio. I am currently just trying to loose weight but a few years ago my martial arts instructor and I hooked up. We were very careful with all the numbers. I was the strongest in my thirties than all my younger years. I would just like to add another healthy fat that many may be overlooking. It's flaxseed oil. Barleans was the brand we thought was best. We would come home from our workouts and consume this protein shake within 30 minutes after our workout. That was so our muscles were pumped to absorb the nutrients better. We used GNC whey protein, pure apple juice , frozen strawberries and several tablespoons of flaxseed oil ( mixed with the rich sediment ) together in the blender. Made each of us a large serving. Does'nt sound tasty but it is yet to be the best flavored protein drink I've had with such good results. Weight loss doctors were actually telling their patients to swallow 2 tbsps of flaxseed oil each day in order to burn more calories. I know first hand. Try for yourself. Thanks for reading.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I think what the OP is trying to say is, hit your macro's and don't starve yourself thinking that the less you eat the quicker you'll start losing fat.

This was where I was trying to go with this before the grammar police showed up asking for credentials.

I'm going to go join www.mygrammarpal.com now.
    =D

Hugs to you all!
    =D
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Do peanuts make that good fat list, because I love me some spanish peanuts, and since I never add salt to anything when I cook, I can get by with eating them salted at least sometimes. Or I'm going to tell myself I can, anyway!
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Do peanuts make that good fat list, because I love me some spanish peanuts, and since I never add salt to anything when I cook, I can get by with eating them salted at least sometimes. Or I'm going to tell myself I can, anyway!

http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000032000000000000000.html
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    Bump for later
  • littleraindancers
    Options
    Okay, I have to say I AM LOVING THIS POST! It has a lot of information, and thankyou for posting! True there are reasons these diet tips may not be for everyone, but isn't EVERY diet that way? Who can predict disease is effected by diet or how your metabolism works for each individual, etc.... but really for the most part what you are saying makes sense to me! I am all for it. I am customizing my MFP calculator thing like you mentioned because I have not lost a single pound since I started, and I have been under on my calories per day every day....so why am I not loosing? I planned on cutting my calories down to 800 or less per day....I didn't see any other way to loose weight. I was beginning to think maybe starvation is my only option. But now I will give this a try, what you said kinda makes sense, I am not sure I understand it all but I am willing to give it a shot. I will re-read and search out the info you posted.
    I want that little weight-loss scale to start moving for me! I have 100 pounds to loose and I am so disappointed when I try this and try that and yet I remain the same weight.
    You wanted to share what worked for you to loose weight, and it isn't some crazy idea, this actually makes sense even if it doesn't work for everyone (though I hope it works for me!). You stayed so positive and polite through all the comments. You seem very motivated by your own weight loss and I am getting more out of your posts than some interesting diet tips that make sense, I need your attitude too LOL I mean, I need to feel that good about me even if the scale is not going down as quickly for me as it did for you and the motivation to keep trying until I get my diet tweeked for success.
    You never seemed to be brought down by some of the opposing comments (I won't call them negative comments because really they are opinions and everyone has some of those....maybe the entire thread is opinions, he he) none-the-less, I am enjoying the comments/opinions of fellow dieters and I am encouraged by your positive attitude. Now this is how I will loose weight, positive attitude and support from fellow dieters, and possibly finding (for me) the key to balancing everything you talked about. I need your attitude also, so I don't wind up discouraged if loosing weight doesn't happen as quickly as I would like.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    For some it took YEARS to get their bodies to where they were the day they started MFP.
    This journey never ends!
    So lets make it fun!
    =D
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Interesting stuff!

Just want to see if there is more to add... Hardly believe there is unless another point is brought up! :happy:

Keep studying all the good information out there littleraindancers :flowerforyou: There is indeed a proper and healthy way for you to be successful!! Best wishes on your journey!