Are you as attractive as you think you are?

Options

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I always thought of myself as attractive, in that a lot of people used to hit on me before I had children. Then for years no one did ever, at all. Which is understandable, I looked like a haggard mother. But now I have lost weight and am looking after myself, I think I look ok, most of the time, but then occasionally get these flashes of "OMG I look rough! Everyone probably thinks I am a sad old woman." I think it comes from being a student and spending a lot of time with people 12 years younger than me. I am really beginning to feel old. Which is depressing.

So I would say for me, no, I am not as attractive as I am in my head, as I still see myself as I was at 21, when I am in fact 34, and look my age.

How about you?

I'm like you... I think I'm past my prime. At least, we can always work on how our body look. We can be sad old women with hot bodies!
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am not going to lie... the older I get... the hotter I get. I am TOTALLY ok with that.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    :smokin: I'm 32 years old.. will be 33 in May. I think I'm IN my prime RIGHT NOW. I feel hot, mature and ready to take this world on. In my 20's I was very insecure therefore I held back in many ways. Not anymore!!!
  • Kryontz
    Kryontz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    IM SEXY AND I KNOW IT:smokin:

^^This^^
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm more physically attractive than I think otherwise my wife has very low standards.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~ I think I have a fantastic smile.
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    According to people I've dated I am beautiful/cute, according to the deadened apathy from the rest of the world I'm average, according to what I see when I look in the mirror I am pretty.

I never get hit on, or when I do it's from terrifying people. I've only dated two people ever (I'm 24) and I never had a boyfriend until I was 20. But hey, at least I'm not as awkward-looking as I was when I was a teen.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Pfft. I'm cute.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I am not attractive as I wish I were, but I'm more attractive than I think I am. I feel like I really look like I'm 30 years old (which I am) or even older, but I'm told all the time that I don't look like I'm 30. So really, I have no idea. :laugh:
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Probably not!
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    IM SEXY AND I KNOW IT:smokin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE&amp;feature=youtu.be

I think that this is the right song for my bad mood days! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Katefab26
    Options
    I don't think I'm attractive at all. I just pretend that I think I'm hot, and it usually works ok for me. The problem is, even though I've lost about 20 pounds, I feel like I don't look any different, and think I look like I weigh a LOT more than I actually do. I'm only saying this because it's online and I don't know any of you...in real life you would have no idea I don't think I'm attractive :laugh:

I'm trained to be on stage, so pretending probably works better for me than most people...
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Confidence is a major player imho. Honestly, dont really view myself as super attractive, but with my personality, my life style, and what looks I do have, I feel that I am somewhat worthy of the absolute knockout that I am with now
  • Lsqueezy
    Lsqueezy Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm pretty confident and friendly when I go out and I never get hit on. So I'm going to go with I'm not as cute as I think I am.
  • joshanti81
    joshanti81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    honestly it depends on the day. Somedays I feel sexy and others I know I am no different than the day before but I still feel rough. As I am losing weight there are more sexy days though haha :)

i agree!!!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I used to have a pretty face (My momma always said self praise stunk, but I'm a Christian, so I must be honest, :wink: }, but last year I noticed how very...... full it became. It was no longer "If only you'd lose weight... You have such a pretty face...." and just "If only you'd lose weight...". I'm working on it now, and while my face still isn't as cute as it used to be, I'm a lot better than I was six months ago! :smile:
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Comparing oneself to another isn't wise. A lot of people sees themselves in a negativity light, because they are comparing themselves against someone or something.

Why do you feel unattractive? You are beautiful. The cause goes beyond looks. Never throw yourself in prison and give people or things your freedom key. Come out from behind those bars. You always have the power to destroy your jail.

Never think that being notice is what makes you beautiful or attractive.

Lift your head up and stop putting yourself down. When you do that, some people will think that's how you are supposed to be treated and that's how they will treat you.

Love yourself always.

This really touched me today, I thank you.
  • jumcadam
    jumcadam Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I usually like myself from the neck up when the lighting is kind and I've got a respectable amount of make-up on. Obviously after a few glasses of vino I feel fab!

Clothes, hormones and the amount of sleep I've had always affect how I feel!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i have my ups & downs. mostly downers... but, when im drinking.. i feel sexy hot... when i more than likely looking at my worst. boooo!!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I've always struggled with self image problems. I'm finally learning to love myself, and think I'm becoming a little more attractive, but I still think I'm ugly and have still never been hit on. All guys seem to look at is my big boobs.