• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Is this impeding your workout somehow?
  • sunset19
    sunset19 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Where I am from, we call them "bunny froo-froos"
    They just take up space on the equipment.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Drives me crazy! One day I saw two of them barely moving on a treadmill. I was just soaked to the bone. Hair matted sweat running down my back. I walked by and just very very quietly said "*kitten*". ROFLMAO Not nice I know...

love it.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Meh, I don't mind. They are like the televisions that are at the gym. Gives me something to look at while I work out.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I've gotta say I've yet to see anyone like that at my gym. Well except for me! LOL. Seriously though I only wear makeup because I go in the evening after work and dinner. I take off all the jewelry (even my wedding ring) and slap the hair in a ponytail! I need to make a habit of taking the 5 minutes to clean my face before I go as I do sweat like you! I'd just ignore them and focus on your own workout.

OH and BTW, my husband does tell me I'm a princess!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Meh, I don't mind. They are like the televisions that are at the gym. Gives me something to look at while I work out.
    Took the words right out of my mouth....
  • nasprewell
    nasprewell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hate, hate, hate, hate that. I see it all the time at my gym.
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with people wearing sports bras.... I take off my shirt sometimes when it gets too hot (not cause I want to show off my body!!!) but I sweat and I die during these workouts!! but I'm talking girls wearing push up bras and skimpy *kitten* tanks to only walk on the treadmill on a 3...i'd get better workout sleeping. then they give you judge mental looks for sweating?? and most don't even have nice bodies..just a load of make up and fake tan!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    one thing i learned in life...when you try too hard to pick up a guy it doesn't work. those of you that are at the gym working hard and sweating like crazy are the ones the guys are going to be interested in anyway because you are real and approachable!
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    Hmm. Not the kind of thing that I notice.
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I had a roommate in college like that. She always said she didn't understand why she was still fat, when she went to the gym for 45 minutes every day. We never worked out at the same time, so I was really confused too... until one day I walked past her as she was walking on the treadmill at about 2 miles per hour and blabbing to her fat friends :noway: . Really?

Same with the fat dudes that sit on the weight machines. I'm not talking about sitting & resting between sets. I never saw them actually using the machines... just sitting... and always on the machine I wanted :grumble:

Maybe they think the skinny is in the air at the gym. They just have to show up and soak it up through osmosis...:huh:
  • laz22girl
    Options
    And I admit that I go to the gym and scope out the men.

But I do actually workout, also.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Is this impeding your workout somehow?

*BUMP*
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't care what anybody looks like. What bugs me are people who talk on the phone the entire time they are on the machines - they work out at a snail's pace, clogging up the equipment that people could be using. I don't know why they think they are getting any benefit since they are doing nothing - and they always make sure the person on the other end knows they are "at the gym and working out!" Plus, their conversations are loud, annoying and gossipy. :explode:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    They paid to be there, just like you. Who cares if they choose to waste their money by not really getting a workout?
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    It takes all kinds of folks - I work out over lunch, so my makeup etc is intact when I start (what little I wear) and I re-fresh when leaving. I don't sweat a lot, unless it is really hot, I monitor my heart rate and times faithfully. I know sometimes folks look at me a bit weird if I still have on some of my jewelry. But hey, I been around the block enough times to not care!!!!! I am there for me and no one else.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I've never understood this. I sweat like a monster at the gym and that's the point isn't it? I don't apprieciate the looks I get from the gym rats but other than that I mind my own business. I want to know, honestly, why do some girls only wear sports bras in the gym??? If there's a good reason, please let me know! But I mean really...yeah you have nice abs, but we don't need them to be shoved in our faces. :grumble:
    If I had the body to only wear a sports bra and be comfortable in it, I would definitely wear it to the gym! More comfortable and less hot!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that this bothers you. It sounds like it's not preventing you from getting a good workout, though.

Gym princesses and people who never go still pay their dues. Those dues employ people and keep the facility that you use open. The more people that belong to your gym and are there only 30 mintues or don't go at all help keep your dues at a lower price.

In this week of being thankful perhaps you could look at it from another perspective.

:flowerforyou:
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    They probably can't dance so they don't burn any calories at the club and need to have some to waste on the drinks those guys are not buying for them.

gym club.

Not dance club.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with people wearing sports bras.... I take off my shirt sometimes when it gets too hot (not cause I want to show off my body!!!) but I sweat and I die during these workouts!! but I'm talking girls wearing push up bras and skimpy *kitten* tanks to only walk on the treadmill on a 3...i'd get better workout sleeping. then they give you judge mental looks for sweating?? and most don't even have nice bodies..just a load of make up and fake tan!

Gotcha :wink: There's really only one girl at my gym who does that but I have NEVER seen her sweat, so I was like "Um...why??" If she was working out super hard I would get it, but...