Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-November 2011

Options

Replies

• atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hattie, 26 weeks 5 days, 18-19 lb gained.

Pre-pregnancy, lost 7 lb and pretty much at my optimal weight (would like to build more muscles with that weight).

zLdEm6.png
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Rayna, 26 weeks and 5 days, 27 lbs gained :blushing: :noway:

Pre-pregnancy lost 25 lbs and was almost at my goal weight, had about 10 lbs to go.
    It seems my weight gain since getting pregnant was more gain in the beginning and it seems to be slowing down now...I hope!
    My goal is to gain a MAX of 35 lbs. Really hoping I don't go above that...but I have 13 more weeks to go so we'll see!
  • abariles
    Options
    Amelia, 11 weeks and 6 lbs gained
    Fitness goal: hike or walk 15 miles per week

This is my 2nd pregnancy and for the first one my 1st trimester was in spring and 2nd during summer which made for lots of fun hiking vacations in Arizona and Utah. We would even get 10-12 mile hikes in somedays. Now with a 5 year old and no $$$$, those long hiking vacations are no longer possible. Oh, my hubby has a knee injury so I now have to hike w/out my hiking partner. Anyone from San Diego who wants a hiking buddy?

I work full time and do not have a treadmill at home. I'm not a runner at all. I hate that it now gets dark at 5:30pm, so I don't like taking my 5 yr old to the park so late. I don't live in the best part of town so I don't feel comfortable walking alone my neighborhood before work. Any suggestions for getting more miles into my day? We do a once a week date night, so wondering if we should at least make that a walking date night....dunno. HELP!
  • abariles
    Options
    What a beautiful banner, Hattie!
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    36 weeks and 1 day -- 35 lbs weight gain - have been maintaining all week and my midwife said towards the end I may even lose some pounds. Although I think I am starting to retain water as my feet are a little swollen but my blood pressure is good.

Before being pregnant I was at my goal weight and had decided to try to lose 5 more pounds. I was working out 5-6 days a week and eating about 1400 to 1600 calories.

i am not worried about the weight gain as I know I will lose it all once I start nursing and can get back to working out hard core like I used to. Everyone says I'm all belly anyway so that at least makes me feel good.

My goal was between 25-35 lbs weight gain so hopefully I won't gain much more.

EDD 12-19-2011
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I just got back from the doctor so I have to change my date :( We went back 6 days :sad: I mean really it is no big deal but it still makes me sad thinking I am not as far along as we had thought.

Belinda.....11weeks.... 0 gained.....goal is 25-30 gained
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    28 weeks 3 days - 11 lbs gained so far. My goal is no more than 25lbs!

I made the decision to get healthy, get in shape and lose weight Jan. of this year! After Jan - April of working out everyday sometimes twice a day and eating right I lost 28lbs and was at a healthy weight for me, but not a goal weight. I gained a couple pounds back April - May and then found out I was pregnant the end of May. I'd say I started at a healthy weight within healthy BMI range. So far I haven't gained as much as I expected I would, but then again I'm always busy and 90% of the time I eat healthy foods. Also drink a ton of water everyday!
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi - Love to follow along with you all! I'm 7 weeks, just went to the doc today. Due July 12, 2012
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Just a quick check in. Charlee and I are doing wonderful. Breastfeeding is going absolutely wonderful now. She is eating, sleeping, and pooping just as she should be. The lack of sleep finally started to check up to me (I wasn't napping at all throughout the day) and have needed to relax a little more and nap at least twice while Charlee is napping. I have found it hard to not clean, do laundry, and cook, even though Al is here and is helping so much. I guess it is just in my nature.

I've lost 16lbs in 6 days...pretty awesome lol. I had gained 33lbs in total but because I had not been at my goal weight prepregnancy I still have 25lbs to go. I had gained a bit when I had taken Clomid (fertility med) and then had two concurrent miscarriages before I got pregnant with Charlee. I'm not too worried about that 25lbs. I know breastfeeding will help a ton and as soon as I see my doc on the 29th I'm sure she will release me to workout again. I'm enjoying my time "taking it easy" right now with Charlee though.

All in all things couldn't be better and I am so happy. I just look at her and my heart melts every time.

So for all of the ladies worried about their weight gain...I know I've told my story so many times, but let me give you a friendly reminder... I had gained a whopping 12lbs the first Trimester and was up to 25lbs by 24 or 25wks. My weight gain slowed down and ultimately stopped by the last several weeks of my pregnancy resulting in a 33lb weight gain (which was within my goal of 25-35lb gain for the entire pregnancy). Ultimately the number on the scale is NOT what is most important, it is what you are putting in your body (healthy nutritious food vs. junk) and being active/working out. I felt like I was training for a marathon and thought about it that way. It took so much physically during labor/delivery and without having been so active I'm not sure I would have done as well as I did. Please don't get hung up on the amount of weight you are gaining and focus more on the good versus the bad habits you have. If you know you are eating too many desserts, decide to have dessert every other evening. If you aren't able to hit the gym 6 days a week, do at least 3 days of some cardio and 1 or 2 strength training/yoga. Be kind to your body...it is the vessel carrying your little one.

Welcome to all the newcomers.

Keep up the awesome work ladies! I hope you all enjoy Thanksgiving with those you love.
  • gisele246
    gisele246 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 15 weeks and have been oscillating between being down a pound and even with my starting weight. I've been eating maintenance calories and will continue to do so bc of my gd risk. Dr doesn't want me gaining more than 10 pounds :( Hoping I won't start gaining until at least week 20 to stay on track for the pregnancy. I'm about 25 lbs overweight.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi gals!

Heather...glad to hear you are doing well. Those first few weeks are the most precious!!

AFM: I got in a good strength/cardio workout last night, as well and the night before AND Sunday! Hoping to do it again tonight, or at least some yoga. Thursday will be a toss up, as well as Friday, Saturday and Sunday since I will be out of town. But I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with my family!!

Busy day today so probably won't get back on...so HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! And have a wonderful long weekend!!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Oh...P.S....I'm 20 weeks today!!!! YAY!
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    jessica - 27 weeks (today!!!) - 30lbs gained

that is honestly very hard for me to put out in the open because its been a source of stress for me. my story goes something like this: my pre pregnancy weight was the lowest i have been in a long time. i was counting my calories and working out like a mad man - i was 124 at 5 ft 5 in - so needless to say i was super happy at where i was. when i found out i was pregnant and the cravings hit i literally caved into a lot. i gained most of my weight in the first trimester and just steadily went up from there. but i have reigned myself in and hope to maintain for a while. ultimate goal was between the 25-35 lb weight gain total...so we will see. i am assuming that i will go over...but we'll see! i have been eating well and exercising almost every day which is good. i am trying to not stress about it and just make good decisions for me and my little bug!

but everyone looks to be doing really well! i like the idea of posting name, where you are and what you've gained just to keep us on track...nice suggestion Kristin!!!

hope everyone has an awesome holiday tomorrow!!! i am headed to my mother in laws house in NY and plan to bring walking clothes!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    How many of you actually count calories still? I had stopped but I am wondering if I should start again just to make sure I am getting what I really need for me and the baby.
  • aimeeclaire
    aimeeclaire Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Heather - good to hear things are going so well for you and Charlee! :) Thank you for your post, it is nice to hear that you are feeling well, losing lbs, and getting ready to get back into an exercise routine!! One thing I keep worrying about is how the "after baby" life will be. Hoping to be back in my running shoes as soon as I can after! :)

Also...I have my ultrasound today!!! So excited/nervous. This will be the first appointment my husband will be able to go to. YAY!! I will post results and more later.

Aimee....18 W/6 D
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Heather- Good to hear you're catching up on the sleep and that you're breastfeeding is a success. It's good your taking it easy, and sooner than later you will be all active again. Yay for your 16 lbs down!
    Thanks for the advice on the weight gain, I think that's everyone's main concern, but you are absolutley right, as long as it's good food, the weight you put on will be easier to burn.

Kristin-Nice workout, keep up the good work! Yay for your halfway there.

Rayna & Jessica- You guys look great!

Elce & Aimee-Good luck on your appt!

Bmfrazie-I stopped a while back, but I try to bring food I normally eat. Since it's been cold I've cooked many soups with lots of veggies.

Everyone have an awesome thanksgiving, I am driving to Cali today after work.
    I forgot to add we leisurely walked for 30 mins, after eating some Sam's club pizza. lol

~Brenda~ 26 wks1dy
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    How many of you actually count calories still? I had stopped but I am wondering if I should start again just to make sure I am getting what I really need for me and the baby.

I stopped in my first trimester, mainly because I couldn't keep anything down and I was more of a heavy snacker than a full meal eather.

May start here again- debating it.
  • batgirlrox
    Options
    Belinda- Hope everything went great other then moving your date back a few days. As long as baby is healthy that's all that matters just remember that :)

MrsJax- Welcome! Hope everything continues to progress well for you!

Babeed- The book I'm reading, What to expect when you're expecting, says to not get too excited if you lose weight or don't gain any in the first 3-4 months but be prepared for your body to make up for it in later months. So I wouldn't stress about it.

Ashley- Hope you have an awesome weekend with your family and it gives your foot time to heal!

jchecca- That must be so cool to feel your baby like that :)

Brenda- Safe travels!

Shoppingqueen- Welcome!

Heather- I'm glad to hear everything is going so well with your little family! You are so awesome at keeping up that positive attitude and I love it! Thanks for the continuing inspiration:)

Aimee- Good luck with your U/S.

AFM- I have officially hit trimester 2(13weeks) today :). I have my first official pre-natal visit today and I'm SOOOO excited to hear our little baby's heart beat! Yesterday was the worst day thus far of my pregnancy I puked, puked, and then puked some more(Which I had yet to do even with all my nausea). Then I dry heaved the rest of the morning. I also had some really bad sharp abdominal pains the majority of the day yesterday which kept me basically bed bound for the day. It was plain old horrible! But on the bright side I'm feeling much better today.Tonight is my Breaking Dawn girls night which I am also very excited about :) Hope today continues to improve hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Amanda 13W and I'm at 5 lbs lost compared to my pre-pregnancy weight

PS On another note I know there were a few of you using a certain lady's workout DVD's but I can't recall the name. If anyone else has a few good prenatal workout videos I'd love to hear the titles. Thanks!
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    OMG my back is killing me today! Im hobbling around, feels like a pinched sciatic nerve. Thi happened to me in my last pregnancy. I was planning on a run tonight, but mabe will have to do some streatching and yoga instead. Aquasize was great last night, my instructor asked me if I was a runner cause she couldnt figure out how a pregnant lady could just breeze through her class... that was nice to hear. I know I shouldnt stress about my weight but Ive been eating really good and excercising and my body is still packing on the lbs!:grumble: It doesnt matter what I do.

Im also 17 weeks and havent really felt alot of miovement so that also stresses me out! I just hope the lil nugget is ok.
  • Roobean33
    Options
    shelgib- i know what you mean...my husband and I are hoping for a boy. He has 1 older brother and I have 3 younger brothers so especially for me, I just feel like I understand little boys better than little girls. BUT, that being said A GIRL! You had a feeling it was a girl right? I'm sure she feels like all new territory and that's a little scary but I am sure you will raise her to be sweet and loving and not the least bit bratty. :flowerforyou:

Kistinbee - I have 2 thanksgivings as well...YIKES. I also seem to gain irregularly and seemly no matter what...but all we can do is try our best! BTW waiting to find out the sex of the baby is so exciting...I think about doing that but I don't know if I can hold out!!

Rayna - Nursery looks adorable!

MrsJAX - I understand why you are cautious. This is my first pregnancy but I still worry a lot since I'm only 8 weeks. It's hard to not worry, but it sounds like baby is doing great so try to relax and enjoy it too if you can.:heart:

Jchecca - awe! baby hiccups!

Let's see - I started at 126lbs and am now 130 at 8 weeks. I have been holding steady there for almost 2 weeks. I think I ate too much in the beginning because I felt like I was STARVING all the time, so in-between meals I snacked heavily. Now I just eat 6 smaller meals and that spreads out the calories and helps me stay comfortably full. I have my 1st ultrasound Monday...excited and hoping that baby will look good. Eating well, but need to fit in more exercise...always a work in progress!!!