Over 200 new me part 53 (open group)

Options

Replies

• Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    my goal is maintain, maintain, maintain!
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Today seem's like it is going to be one of those days...too much to do, not enough time. I think I need a personal assistant!
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Momma24, what are the steps you are going to take to do it?
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    first off I am going to try to keep active. Secondly, I am going to listen to my body I don't have to be so full that I can barely walk. Satisfied is the key. I know that it is not realistic to come on here and record all my Thanksgiving calories because I will be spending my time with family. But lets face facts we can tell when we are getting too full. I am trying to help my 10 yo daughter with her weight. I am going to do what I tell her to do. Make a plate and wait for about 30 minutes before I take another bite. I will most likely find that plate was plenty and not need anymore food.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hi friends,

The holidays are not to be afraid of. We can enjoy our favorite specialty items of the holiday just keep our portions smaller than in the past. This will help our stomachs shrink. Plan you plate as normal with a few oz. of meat (protien), your veggies (small if they are covered in sauce, remember to enjoy), starch. Then for the fancy salads or jellos or what ever take only 1/4 cup. This is my plan and I can and will stick to it! All you-can-eat buffets are not your friend. You are in CONTROL of your food intake and you WILL be successful in becoming healthier. You can do this! We can do this!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    FINALLY I had a good food day!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories - under (didn't eat exercise calories):blushing:
    Water - good
    Exercise - 5K101 Week 5 Day 1 - three 5 minute jogs.:drinker:

Proud - I turned down a glass of wine even though I had reserved calories for it! I'm also proud that since I try to follow "Meatless Mondays" even though every one else wanted chicken or tuna in our pasta last night - I just added peppers and onions to it and we all did fine.:heart:

I'm getting really excited about getting fit enough to do the triathlon!:happy:

Turkey Day Plan-

EAT smart. No wasted calories on breakfast - I'll have a nice crunchy apple so I'm not starved and my body will have to work on breaking up that apple (keep that tummy busy for awhile). :smokin:

If Dinner is late in the day (I'm making a Turduckhen) I'll have a nice bowl of soup (butternut squash) in the early afternoon and skip the bread.

This should have me at the 500 calorie mark with the assumed nibbles on stuff. I figure the Turduckhen portion will be around 700 calories alone then add mashes and a taste of all the other fun things my main meal will be at least 1500 calories.

If I can end the day - alcohol and pie and all under 3000 calories I think that's a win! Then there will be plenty of exercise and really ITS THANKSGIVING! It's the "cheat day" of the year:drinker: .

I just don't want a 5000 calorie day followed by 3 days of sleeping!:sad:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I was really lax over the weekend with watching my food. We had a family get-together on Sunday and I ate waay too much, and I haven't exercised since Saturday because I'm trying to rest my heel spur. I was home with a sick boy yesterday -which means I was tempted to eat leftovers all day.
    Back to step tomorrow morning though because I'm afraid of getting out of my good exercise routine too much.
  • annasgyal
    Options
    Tuesday's Check-in:

Calories: Under, by about 200...tried to get as close to my daily allowance
    Water: No, I got in only 4 cups...lets just say a miserable fail...got to get this water in...
    Exercise...No....rest day, but tomorrow I will exercise...

I notice a lot of anxiety on the boards about Thanksgiving, I mean I have had anxiety, but is it to that level.
  • snowflakes
    Options
    Wow what day. BUSY!!!

Water Yes
    Calories Not sure if the ribs put me over. but close
    Exercise Cleaned all day

Ladies have a wonderful holiday. I will check in when I can. Family started arriving tonight and we will be gone all day tomorrow.
    Take Care
  • Shelle68
    Options
    I got on the scale this morning and am only .6 pounds above my lowest weighin. I am shocked! I plan on taking the advice of my friends here and try to keep to the 1/4 c. per fav dish and eat one plate, walk away and then decide. You are right, it is not about being stuffed (like the turkey lol) but enjoying the moment with moderation. So, since the scale was down and you gals gave some great advice, I plan on being able to do this without major self-indulgence. Thanks everyone!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    My plan is to eat only foods that I really, really want.... and I'm exercising for 90 minutes at the Y tomorrow morning.
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Yes, I am on the computer! My house is clean, last dish in oven, going to mothers for the meal and coming home for the day! Barely feels like a busy day but have been working for 2 days prior! I hope you all have a blessed day with friends and family.
  • annasgyal
    Options
    Well, I will check in for tonight

Calories: Surprise here....OVER....By how much...I have no idea!
    Water: Yes...about 10 glasses...
    Exercise: I actually got on the elliptial for 15 minutes, but I doubt that helped...

I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed my Thanksgiving, and I had no anxiety about what I was eating. Because I know I have the tools necessary to lose weight.
  • annasgyal
    Options
    Friday Check-In:

Calories: Under...about 200, and I did not eat back any of my exercise calories...trying to improve that.
    Water: Yes, got in 8 glasses, and maintained my sodium level.
    Exercise: Did 45 minutes on the elliptical machine....The machine said one thing, and MFP another. I think the machine number is low, but I took that number and logged it.

Proud, that I enjoyed thanksgiving, and did not eat any leftovers! Even though I am still by family, I did not succomb to the pressure of any left overs.
  • snowflakes
    Options
    My goodness it has been quiet around here. Thankgoodness annasgyal held down the fort. Hope everyone has had a great week. This has been a most perfect holiday for us. Lots of family and fun and good food. I lost 0.2 this week, slow and steady she goes. Went on a hike on Thursday morning and went downhill skiing yesterday. I have got to up my water this week and keep moving ahead.

Take Care :-)
  • annasgyal
    Options
    Checking in for today:

Calories: Yes, and ate majority of the exercise calories. All but 32....Thank God for those extra calories
    Water: Yes, drank 8 glasses....stated under my sodium level.
    Exercise: Yes...

Got on my cousins scale, and I knew it was wrong, so looking forward to getting on my scale. Next week gonna start working out for an hour per workout.
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Hi all!

I admit, the leftovers got me. I am going into damage control mode. I want to get back into the place where the thrill of losing is stronger than the next meal. Gosh, I hate fighting eating issues!!! But anyhow, checking in even though it is not good yet.

Monday

Calories: OVER, Yikes!
    Water: 80 oz
    Workout: Not feeling good. Think the pms is at its highest. Hoping so anyhow!

Proud: That I didn't do as bad with eating this year as I have in the past. Thats something.
  • annasgyal
    Options
    Mondays Check-in:

Calories: Under, way under! I think I netted only 700-800 calories for the day! I had too much exercise calories left.
    Water: Yes, and actually drank over 100ozs! First in a while for that!
    Exercise: Yes, did a ole school Denise Austin DVD in the morning, and did 4 miles walking in the evening.

Really want to get the Thanksgiving gain off by Friday! Would be nice to show a loss as well!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!

I have officially removed my head from my ... well... you know. With the help of my doctor, who has told me that I'm near the limit of gaining (oops) before Henry gets here, I am back in the game!

Goal for today: log every bite!

Miss you all! I hope everyone has been great!

<3 Teresa
  • snowflakes
    Options
    Hi girls crazy busy this week. Guesstimating on the calories and not drinking as much as I should.

annasgyal you are going to be floating away...Great going on the water!

Gone for the rest of the day check with you tomorrow.