Level 1 of the 30 day Shred - Open Group

Options

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Good job guys, keep pushing! Does it get easier? No I don't think it does, but your endurance should get better. I did not do it today, so tomorrow I'll do level 1 for my last day and then move up to level 2.
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Are you jumping ahead? I thought you were only on day 7 today?
    Good job guys, keep pushing! Does it get easier? No I don't think it does, but your endurance should get better. I did not do it today, so tomorrow I'll do level 1 for my last day and then move up to level 2.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Well tomorrow will be my day 7, I was going to do it today then remembered I had to go in and get weighed, and didn't want to work out before so, cus my muscles stay tensed all day so tomorrow is gonna be day 7. Then Wednesday I'll start level 2, I have it worked out how I am gonna do it, not sure if I'll be ready to advance when level 2 in my head is up but if not I'll keep going lol.

My idea is
    Level 1 - 7 days
    Level 2 - 11 days
    Level 3 - 12 days

I figured I'd need more time on the harder levels, not that the first level is easy, cus Lord know's it kicks my butt.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    I've never thought about it this way before, but sounds like you laid out a good plan for yourself :)
    Well tomorrow will be my day 7, I was going to do it today then remembered I had to go in and get weighed, and didn't want to work out before so, cus my muscles stay tensed all day so tomorrow is gonna be day 7. Then Wednesday I'll start level 2, I have it worked out how I am gonna do it, not sure if I'll be ready to advance when level 2 in my head is up but if not I'll keep going lol.

My idea is
    Level 1 - 7 days
    Level 2 - 11 days
    Level 3 - 12 days

I figured I'd need more time on the harder levels, not that the first level is easy, cus Lord know's it kicks my butt.
  • Hi! I am into day 3. I could do jogging for an hour today standing in one place. Unfortunately my menstruation started and I cannot do yoga for another four days. I have leg grams but I have to persevere and continue. Hey all! If you are not familiar with this, there are some nice videos under the folder called "power 90" available in piratebay. Download and try them! I think they are worth doing.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Everyone is doing great! Can't wait to hear more about your experiences with the program or anything else you'd like to share/talk about with the group. Today I am very excited because I woke up and was 10x less sore than yesterday. This must mean that body is changing/adapting. I am noticing, however, that I need to start being more mindful of my sodium intake and I am wondering if this could explain for the non-shift in the scale, since starting the program. I will be more conscientious of it over the next few days and see what happens. Hope everyone has a great day. I will update you later with my thoughts on the day 4 work out.
  • katherinesnell
    Options
    Day 3 completed!

You were sure right about the hand weights!!! I can feel all the muscles in my upper arms, around my shoulders to my back. Calves have been aching all day, BUT actually felt a lot better and I felt springier after this workout.

It's funny what you said about your salt intake, until now I didn't realise how much sugar and salt was in the food I'm eating either, I'm going to choose my food more carefully now too....starting by eating tuna canned in springwater instead of canned in brine tonight.

Well done everyone for making it through another workout!
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Just finished day 7 and I did it good, but now my left hamstring is hurting lol... Hope its a good hurt.
  • Brandee4
    Options
    I would like to start the 30 day shred on Dec 1 and work through it before the new year. Can I join the group? Do I list my current weight and measurements?
  • emma_groom
    Options
    My copy got delivered the other day, I don't have any weight yet though, you think I could start it without them until I get some?
  • sbb4406
    Options
    Just finished day 2. I got through it a little more easily than yesterday, but I still can't get through the 1 minute strength moves without taking a break or two. Especially lunges.

As far as doing it without weights... there's no harm in doing it that way, but it won't be as effective. If you have another exercise routine that you're doing, it's probably not worth quitting to do 30DS without weights. But there's nothing in level one that you couldn't do with just your own body weight, except maybe the back exercise (it would just be too easy.) If you have any water/soda bottles around, I think those would be fine until you could get weights.
  • califigureeight
    Options
    I did D1 on Sunday and D2 today, Tuesday. It wasn't easy but was a lot easier than D1. My knee is bothering me, that happens when my weight is up, so I had to modify my jumping jacks but I felt an improvement. I came to grips that I'm going to need about 330 days to get my body right and I love that I can burn 300+ calories in 20 minutes, versus it taking 45 on the treadmill!!! I'm going to stick it out, 5 days a week on L1 and reevaluate my goals for January.

I'll be happy to loose an inch!
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Congrats on finishing day 7 and good luck with starting Level 2 tomorrow. I hope you hurt is only temporary and nothing serious. Keep us posted :)
    Just finished day 7 and I did it good, but now my left hamstring is hurting lol... Hope its a good hurt.
  • califigureeight
    Options
    Day 3, Level 1: I don't know about you guys, but I am READY for a CHANGE!! Woke up today...still sore, but I am taking that as a sign that Jillian is working me good. I just completed Day 3. It seemed to go by a little faster than previous days, which is a good thing. My left knee is a little tender, but I am hoping it strengthens with the rest of me. No stopping now, I need this. Day 4 tomorrow :D

OMG, we're 1 in the same, LOL!!! I'm so ready for a CHANGE! And my left knee is bothering me but I'm going to continue to work it out.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Hi Brandee and welcome!
    Of course you can join us. We are open to everyone and are here to support you in your journey to be a better you. Whether you list your current weight and measurements is up to you. What I think would be most fun is if each of us post after each level our starting weight and measurements and how they changed after completing levels 1, 2 and 3.
    I would like to start the 30 day shred on Dec 1 and work through it before the new year. Can I join the group? Do I list my current weight and measurements?
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Congrats on finishing day 3 and on making healthier food choices!
    Day 3 completed!

You were sure right about the hand weights!!! I can feel all the muscles in my upper arms, around my shoulders to my back. Calves have been aching all day, BUT actually felt a lot better and I felt springier after this workout.

It's funny what you said about your salt intake, until now I didn't realise how much sugar and salt was in the food I'm eating either, I'm going to choose my food more carefully now too....starting by eating tuna canned in springwater instead of canned in brine tonight.

Well done everyone for making it through another workout!
  • jvinmill
    Options
    To be honest Emma, at least Level 1 relies heavily on using weights and I don't think you would be getting an adequate work out without them. I at one time in the past tried using water bottles, but they gave me no where near the burn that using actual weights did. It would be my suggestion that you wait, but perhaps others have better suggestions.
    My copy got delivered the other day, I don't have any weight yet though, you think I could start it without them until I get some?
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Congrats on finishing day 2. I think like Jillian says, if you keep at it you will get there and see change :) Glad to see your sticking to it!
    Just finished day 2. I got through it a little more easily than yesterday, but I still can't get through the 1 minute strength moves without taking a break or two. Especially lunges.

As far as doing it without weights... there's no harm in doing it that way, but it won't be as effective. If you have another exercise routine that you're doing, it's probably not worth quitting to do 30DS without weights. But there's nothing in level one that you couldn't do with just your own body weight, except maybe the back exercise (it would just be too easy.) If you have any water/soda bottles around, I think those would be fine until you could get weights.
  • califigureeight
    Options
    Level 1, Day 1. I wasn't as winded as I used to be when doing this, but I think I'll attribute that to having done some Turbo Jam beforehand (causing me to slack off) instead of me being in better shape. I decided to do push ups against a wall instead, and that worked out pretty well so I'll stick to that. My arms are definitely going to be sore tomorrow lol

I'm going to try them on the wall tomorrow. I have the hardest time getting up and down on the floor.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    You can improvise with the weights, I don't have weights, but I use 2 16.9 ounces of bottled waters for my weights. You can also use big can soups. :)