Starting 30 Day Shred 11/14/11

Options

Replies

• Cressida04
    Cressida04 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Any advice on the best way to record the 30DS workout on here?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

People that have a heart rate monitor log the calories that it tells them, people that don't have one tend to log it as 20-25 minutes worth of 'circuit training' which gives a pretty decent estimate. :-)
  • Cressida04
    Cressida04 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

People that have a heart rate monitor log the calories that it tells them, people that don't have one tend to log it as 20-25 minutes worth of 'circuit training' which gives a pretty decent estimate. :-)

That's kind of what I figured. Thanks so much!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Level 1 Day 9, done! Did it twice in a row, as I have become accustomed to doing. Picked up my 5 lb weights during the static lunges with bicep curls - I had been just doing the 3 lb weights for those and decided to bump it up today. Burned 469 calories for the 54 minutes that I did both workouts (per my Polar HRM). And might I add that this is I think the first time I've ever made it all the way through the bicycle crunches without stopping. Yippee!
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Some of the moves really bother my knees too - I modify things if I get worried. Like I usually do the punches instead of the dang jumprope thing - that kills my knees. And I am more careful with squats/lunges/etc. I still follow along with the routine but will substitute in other moves if something is not working well with my knees at the time.

But if you need a break for recovery, you need to take it. Don't want to injure yourself or make anything worse.

I did try to modify but still had some pain. Jumping jacks, jumping rope impossible. I am wondering if I drop some weight if knees will not hurt so much during exercising. They say for every 1lb loss is 3lbs off your knee.
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Completed day 12 yesterday! I will be on to day13 today. I am starting to like the 2nd level. Sorry I have not listed my new measurements yet. I didn't have huge changes on the 2nd week but I did still lose. I promise to list tonight.

How are you liking level 2?
  • pinktink88
    Options
    L1D8 done x
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Level 1 Day 10, DONE! Tomorrow, moving on to level 2. I'm scared!
  • Brandib1985
    Brandib1985 Posts: 54 Member
    Options

We are in the same boat! I start level two tomorrow. I had a really funny pain like feeling in my upper thigh when I started doing the knee stretch today in the warm-up. I am thinking I should take a one day break from the shred and the elliptcail but I really dont want to.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options

We are in the same boat! I start level two tomorrow. I had a really funny pain like feeling in my upper thigh when I started doing the knee stretch today in the warm-up. I am thinking I should take a one day break from the shred and the elliptcail but I really dont want to.

I say see how you feel tomorrow and then decide. I think sometimes a break is good if you feel you need it. Better than getting injured and having to stop.
  • AmberleeB0426
    Options
    I'm starting the 30 Day Shred tonight, and I was just looking on my exercise tracker so that I could update it.... is there a way to tag the DVD so that I can get an accurate calorie burn count? How do you chart your exercise when you use the DVD?
  • Brandib1985
    Brandib1985 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I log mine as strength training for 180 calories but idk if that is correct. I couldnt find the dvd listed .
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    As promised my new measurements after two weeks.

Height-5'2"
    SW 138
    CW-134.4
    GW- 118
    Bust- 36" - now 36"
    Waist- 34" - now 31.75"
    Hips- 39" - now 37.5"
    Thighs-24"- now 23"
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    I'm starting the 30 Day Shred tonight, and I was just looking on my exercise tracker so that I could update it.... is there a way to tag the DVD so that I can get an accurate calorie burn count? How do you chart your exercise when you use the DVD?

The 30 day shred is not listed as a workout in the exercise database - there are 2 basic options that most people use:
    1) Buy a HeartRate Monitor (one with a chest strap, as those are the most accurate) and log the calories that it says you burn (I create an exercise for myself called '30 day shred' and then enter the calories my HRM tells me).
    2) Choose 'circuit training' and enter the time as 20 minutes. It's not exact (since the site doesn't know your heartrate during exercise and therefore does not know how much effort you put forth), but it's probably the best estimation you can get w/o buying a HRM.

HTH
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options

Height-5'2"
    SW 138
    CW-134.4
    GW- 118
    Bust- 36" - now 36"
    Waist- 34" - now 31.75"
    Hips- 39" - now 37.5"
    Thighs-24"- now 23"

Awesome results already!

I just finished day 10 today, I'm thinking the morning after day 15 I will probably do my 'halfway' measurements... Unless I wake up tomorrow and just can't help myself.... LOL
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Height-5'2"
    SW 138
    CW-134.4
    GW- 118
    Bust- 36" - now 36"
    Waist- 34" - now 31.75"
    Hips- 39" - now 37.5"
    Thighs-24"- now 23"

WAY TO GO!!! I might have to do my measurements tomorrow - my halfway point.
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    L2D5 and man did I feel strong during the workout today. No modifications except for cardio sections (I live in an apartment and my neighbors would not appreciate any jumping jacks). It felt great!! It's official, I drank the Jillian kool-aid. I love this workout!!
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ugh so fustrated....weighed myself this morning....up 2 pounds....what?!???? So not happy about this. Trying not to let it get to me but I bust my butt...I typically eat about 1600 calories with 400 of those calories are what Ive earned working out. I do the shred plus I walk for 30-60 minutes almost everyday...The only thing I can think is my water intake hasnt been as good lately.
  • stjoelker
    Options
    I am with you. I started it a week ago and am like it so far. Lets all get in this together and get sexy!!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Did L2D2 on Monday and then L2D3 today. Really like the L2 workout, although some parts of it I still have to modify. I ended up taking Sat and Sun off, and then yesterday too. I prefer to do the workout in the morning, but couldn't do it til late Monday, and 12 hours was not enough to recover and start again yesterday morning, so I skipped yesterday too. Back on track this morning though!