Starting 30 Day Shred 11/14/11

Options

Replies

• delamer23
    delamer23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Such good timing! I was debating whether I'd have the energy to do it today. Now, I'll join this group and get a move on! I'm on day 5 overall (started a week ago). I tried level 1 for 3 days, then level 2 (too hard!) and took the weekend off...now new week, new motivation!
    So- I'm in!
  • RosiG
    RosiG Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm in too :) I've been in a slump lately and need serious motivation. I started the shred on the 1st but after a week or so got discouraged...I really need to focus and get my body back!

here are my measurements:
    height: 5ft 4in
    weight: 217 lbs
    Chest: 44 in
    waist: 39 in
    Hips: 47.5 in
    Thighs: 27in
  • Fitnthin101
    Fitnthin101 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday so I will def. do it with everyone as well!!
  • jewels68
    Options
    My daughter and I both started tonight. How do you log it intp excercise? Thanks Julie:smile:
  • delamer23
    delamer23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I both started tonight. How do you log it intp excercise? Thanks Julie:smile:

I'm not too sure, but I think the general consensus on here is either to log it as "Circuit training, general" under cardiovascular for 20ish minutes, or if you have a heart rate monitor, to determine (more accurately) what it is for you. I've been doing the former as I'm still waiting to get my HRM!
  • jewels68
    Options
    Thanks... Thought I was going to die. But here are my stats.

Weight: 179
    Height: 5'2"
    Bust: 41.5
    Waist: 40
    Hips: 45
    Thighs: 26.5
    Neck: 14.5
    Calves: 15.5
    Arms: 13

Okay, I read alot of people are taking before and after pictures. Boy mine are scary.
  • AlissaB87
    Options
    I'm in too.

Weight: 238
    Height: 5'3"
    Bust: 51.5
    Waist: 53.5
    Hips: 55
    Thighs: 26.5
    Neck: 17.5
    Calves: 16.5
    Arms: 14
  • teegz04
    Options
    I'd love to be part of this too! Have been doing for the past few days so on track (so far!) will add measurements a bit later. Hoping to move to Level 2 next Monday...
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    im starting too!
  • glossybl3
    Options
    I'm buying the DVD tomorrow at walmart and hopefully will start on it tomorrow as well... Will report my progress throughout.. :flowerforyou: Good luck shredding...:drinker:
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • heavens_calm
    heavens_calm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's a little late to start today but I will start it tomorrow! Exciting to see everyone's progress! I tried it before and made it 2 weeks in but my knee wasn't agreeing - I would definitely recommend thoroughly stretching (more than the 10 mins at the start) prior to doing the workout because she gets into it FAST!

Weight: 175
    Bust: 38
    Waist: 44.5
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

So glad to see so many of you starting the 30DS. I plan to try and do it everyday but I think if you feel every other day works better for you that is the way to go. I would hate for someone to get injured by pushing too much.

With that said how is everyone feeling the day after? I am a bit sore but nothing too bad. The workout was as hard as i remember. :) I also stayed under 1400 calories which is hard when i have not been paying attention before.

I will work out tonight after a dental appt and then post. Please feel free to friend me if you are new to this group. :)

Good luck to everyone on day 2!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started Level 1 on 11/13. It's day 3 and, man, my legs are sore. I hope we can all motivate each other to keep going. Shred on!!
  • Mouse20
    Options
    Hi. I have been trying to switch things around.... doing a Jillian Michaels dvd every day, one day 6 weeks to 6 pack, one day 30 day shred, another day beginner front side or beginner backside. Does anyone know how to estimate how many calories are being burned since it is both cardio and strength training?
  • cjayplus2
    cjayplus2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well I did day 3 today which was great. I took a rest day yesterday as my thighs were killing me. I have no idea where my tape measure is so will have to just have my weight stats on here until I find one.

SW: 76kg
    CW: 72.8kg

Have taken my before photos this morning too...was not pretty
  • teegz04
    Options
    starting measurements are:
    Height: 165cm (5'4")
    Weight: 75kg (165 pounds)
    Waist: 86cm (34 inches)
    Bust: 95cm (37 inches)
    Hips: 100 cm (40 inches)
  • azzreana04
    azzreana04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday. I don't think that I will be doing it everyday as I am just starting to work out and that killed my legs. Today I did the Leslie Sansone walking video. I think I will alternate these two videos for a little while.

Here are my stats though:
    height: 5ft 5in
    weight: 272lbs
    Chest: 44.5in
    waist: 48.5in
    Hips: 54 in
    Thighs: 31in
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello Shredders!

How is day 2 going for everyone? I just finished and i have to say it was still pretty tough and I had to stop myself from swearing at Jillian. ;)

Is there a section you all struggle at? I want to improve in the squat and press. I can do squats forever but the press is tough after a while. I have stayed within my calories today and am looking forward to measurements this Sunday. :)

Let me know how you all are doing! Keep the great work!!!
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just bought the DVD today and thought Id see if there was a group doing this and sure enough. Luv this site. My day 1 will be tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

waist 45
    under boobs 40
    hips 45.5
    R thigh 21
    R arm 13