Starting 30 Day Shred 11/14/11

Options

Replies

• Meekah44
    Options
    I'm starting it today as well. I have about 6 of my friends who are all doing it starting today, to motivate eachother.
  • cjayplus2
    cjayplus2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in too, I did day 2 yesterday. I was planning on doing it everyday but have just read on here it i meant to be done every other day to avoid injury? Will take and post measurements tonight.
  • kryssw11
    Options
    I'm in too, I did day 2 yesterday. I was planning on doing it everyday but have just read on here it i meant to be done every other day to avoid injury? Will take and post measurements tonight.

Yes, it's meant to be done every other day. Hopefully everyone else knows that because I see a lot of people doing it every day. That's over kill on the muscles.
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!

I just finished day 1 of the 30DS. Tough but excited to get better at it again. Only 29 more days to go. Looking forward to see how you all did today as well.

Can you guys tell me where you read the 30DS was supposed to be every other day? The video says 20 minutes a day and i have read online most do it every day. Hmm

So excited to have all of us get started!
  • kryssw11
    Options
    I tried to search the post that I originally read it, but it was too far back. I found this one where a girl claims on jillian's podcast she mentioned only 3-4 days.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/395495-jillian-says-not-to-do-30-day-shred-everyday?hl=30+day+shred+everyday?

I asked my Dr. since it seemed like most people were doing it every day and he reccommened I do it every other instead.
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Completed Level 1 again today. I'll have to do some research to determine if I'll be doing every day or every other day.
  • vcantu22
    Options
    I want to also, how does it work?
  • Dianababii
    Options
    Im In. I did it last month and quit a couple days into level 2. Started back up today though!
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Completed Level 1 again today. I'll have to do some research to determine if I'll be doing every day or every other day.

Here's what I found on a board on another website:

http://www.inspire.com/groups/diet-and-fitness/discussion/question-about-jillian-michaels-30-day-shred-workout-dvd/

Jillian's DVDs are awesome. I listen to her radio show and callers will often ask the same thing. Although you're supposed to give your muscles 'two days of rest', she said she kept this in mind when creating the DVD. You can use it every day if you wanted to! She also suggests starting on level 1 for 30-days or until it doesn't kick your butt anymore. Remember, form is important. Quality over quantity. Make sure you're doing the exercises to a tee before moving on to another level. I don't own this DVD, but I used it when it was On Demand and it was great.
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I also read to do it daily.

Wt 230
    Ht 5'3
    Bust 46
    Waist 46
    Hips 48
    Thigh 27
    Boy those numbers are UGLY....I so hope that doing the 30 day shred will help. I will do work out later tonight with daughter and let you know how I did. I want to take a before pic to but camera battery dead....lol darn the luck.
  • jerseyprincess081
    Options

Yes, it's meant to be done every other day. Hopefully everyone else knows that because I see a lot of people doing it every day. That's over kill on the muscles.

really??
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    me me me:tongue:

i started it a couple of weeks ago and then lost motivation as i had a major stressful week:angry:
    i have just done level one today so im a day late, hope that doesnt matter:wink:
    i really want to get my body back in control and i need to stop making excuses so this challenge is just what i need.

here are my stats:
    height: 5ft 5in
    weight: 79.3 kg (174.5lbs)
    Chest: 88cm
    waist: 92cm
    Hips: 107cm
    Thighs: 63cm

3926322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Natgrazin
    Natgrazin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm in. Will do measurements tomorrow which will be the first day (i'll be one day behind everyone else).
    I started 30 day shred last week and did it 3 times over the week and really enjoyed it, she packs a lot into 25minutes!
    Good luck everyone. Natalie
  • stefkhan
    stefkhan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Clue me in here guys...what is the 30 day shred...and why have I never heard of it!!??
  • auto63
    Options
    Clue me in here guys...what is the 30 day shred...and why have I never heard of it!!??

It is a DVD by Jillian Michaels it is a 3-2-1 interval system, it mixes cardio, strength and abs. There are 3 levels each 20 minute workout.
    Tonight will be my first time doing the workout. Join in if you would like.
  • Hopingforchange
    Options
    Gonna start again in the morning! I will try to do some measurements before.
  • auto63
    Options
    Ok day 1 down...what a workout. I had knee surgery in July so I had to modify a little but kept moving. I am hoping in 10 days I can do the first level well. I did read on another post that someone emailed Jillian's website regarding doing workout daily, and they said to do every other day. So just wondering if we are going to do it every day or every other day please advise. Good luck to everyone.
  • flodebbierida
    Options
    can someone tell me what it is?? What is "shred"?
  • renfrowife
    renfrowife Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I want in... I will start tomorrow. I have had it for a while but only did it for a couple of weeks. I need all the support I can get:smile:
  • raeanne85
    Options
    Hello! Can I join? :-) I just completed day 1, level 1. I've started it twice before but always "fallen off the wagon" during level 2. I need the motivation! I'll post measurements as soon as I find my tape measure...