December-Day by Day Challenge--OPEN GROUP!!!

Options
When was the last time you joined a challenge and lost interest or focus and stopped half way through? It's not intentional, its just harder to commit to something for weeks or months at a time.

This is a thread where you set daily goals. If you slip up today you get a new 24 hours tomorrow to try again. Post 3 or more goals, fitness related or not, come back tomorrow to recap the day before. Then post 3 more goals for the day.

It's not an exclusive group, all new members are welcome, and people come and go. It's not cut throat, if you do not post daily, we won't kick you out the group. Just post when you can.

When Nicole (PSUgrl921) started this thread late last summer it was designed to serve as a reminder of things she'd like to accomplish each day. Then be proud of herself for meeting little goals and eventually make them habit forming. She opened her doors and allowed us to be apart of her crusade. I bet she didn't think her day by day motto would still be going strong more than 12 months later.

So ask me when was the last time I stayed committed to a challenge for weeks or months? I still am, one day at a time.

If you're new, tell us your name a little about yourself if you like.
If you're returning, introduce yourself and briefly tell what this thread means to you!

Replies

• lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Me Me I want in!!
    I'm Christina and I started this challenge in November. Yes it made all the difference and I went to sleep every night knowing that I accomplished SOMETHING. As little or as big my accomplishment was, it still was. I'm a stay at home mom, 4 kids, 1 dog and a husband who is a shiftworker....so you can tell when he has a day off because I do less! Looking forward to this December Day to Day challenge!! And thank you for taking this on!!
  • Lizmhoughton
    Lizmhoughton Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I like this idea. Last month I tried to commit to a 30 day challenge doing the 30 Day Shred. There was travel, hectic schedules and injuries involved so I did not make it. I got about half altogether. I think I can accomplish goals if they're set daily, but if not then I can just start over the next day.

Got a good workout in lastnight and picked up a salad from the gym for dinner. My goal is to do the same today along with trying to drink a normal amount of water throughout my day.

Thanks for the post!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in! I am 31, and have made significant lifestyle changes (i wont call it a diet, diet seems temporary!!) in the last 2 weeks and am down 12.6 pounds :) I would love something new to keep me motivated as i continue on. I am a photographer in Maine and i am facilitating a 17 week weight loss challenge on Facebook with a group of ladies and i know that in order to be their cheerleader, i may need motivation myself!
  • wildcata77
    Options
    I would LOVE to join a challenge like this.

I have been working on this goal for a while, since June, but recently refocused after taking a break and realizing that any time I don't log I gain.

I'm 32, FT working mom of a 2YO boy, married, and recently joined a wellness center for the first time.

My goal for tomorrow is to get up and SWIM LAPS before work (it's been 2 weeks, yikes) and to log every meal!

I also have a blog at www.bottlebrunette.wordpress.com if anyone is interested in reading it.
  • Ready2Lose55
    Options
    Hi! I'm fairly new to this group (only since October) and I don't usually do message boards. I read them but rarely reply. This however, hit a chord with me. I had just blogged that I was hitting the complacency period of my weightloss journey. In the past this is where I would start to slowly resort back to my old habits, lose my focus and inertia and return from where I began. Then two months or more later I would be kicking myself for not staying with it, get myself revved up again and start all over. It is a terrible pattern and one that I'm committed to changing this time. I love this website. It has really helped to keep me accountable. That said, I'm still in that desire for complacency and this is just what I needed to keep me moving in a positive direction. What a fun and rewarding way to journey. I have only lost 7 pounds since starting in mid-October but I have dropped 4 1/2 inches overall, which helps make up for the slow drop in weight. I have a long way to go before I reach my final goal of 60 pounds lost. I have met my first goal and my second goal is on the horizon...just three more pounds.

These are my goals for today:
    1. Stay within my calorie allotment
    2. Encourage a friend to stay motivated
    3. Clean out the holiday junk food from the refrigerator

Thanks for posting this and for giving me the encouragement I needed to push through this period of time in my journey to success.
  • skylar1907
    Options
    Hi! I'm new.

I'm a 23 yr old grad student and have lost 35-40lbs from march '11 to late aug '11 but now that school has started up again I find it incredibly difficult to stick to MFP. Stress and an ever-changing schedule are a continual challenge. =( Winter break is a short week away and I want to lose another 35lbs between now and my birthday in March.

My horse, Cody, is my greatest motivation to lose weight. Overall I want to be healthy and fit as I embark on the rest of my life come graduation in June.

Very excited to start this challenge and just take it day by day again.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This is a GREAT idea, especially as we face all the challenges inherent in the holiday season!

I'm a 59 year old grandma who has lost 75 pounds, but has another 40 to go. The scale has NOT been moving, and it's entirely my fault! (Okay, age doesn't help.)

My goal for each day is:

1. Stay within my calorie goal.
    2. Exercise for at least 30 minutes
    3. Eat at least 25 grams of fiber.

I will work on reporting in each day as well!~
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am a wife and mom of 4 kids. I work at home taking care of my home and family! I love spending time them! I want to be able to keep up with them and feel good in my own skin! I like the idea of setting small goals for my self each day so here goes!

1. Get out of bed and get my workout done--Complete!
    2. Stay within my calorie goal
    3. Drink one more cup of water then I did yesterday (I find that now that the weather is getting colder it's harder to drink as much water)
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!

I am Shanae and at this point pretty regular to the challenge. However I face as many of you do the daily challege of this weight issue. I am a single mom of three BOYS ages 14, 10 and 8. I work full time and I am tempted to fight this battle with myself and win! I live in Delaware and that move from Gerogia took place in April of 2010. That month I let go of smoking as well. So there are a lot of things that I am doing to get my body to the place it needs to be. I have lost a total of 60 pounds since that April....I joined this group when I felt myself begin to struggle and I stopped losing. They have been a HUGE support on good and bad days!

So welcome all.. Know you can do this and you are not alone! :flowerforyou:

December Goals will remain the same all month.....

1. Workout Schedule consisting to no less than 5 workouts a week. If I get more that is a plus!
    2. WATER WATER and more WATER! The life juice....12 or more glasses a day :drinker:
    3. Calorie and CARB count under required daily allotments (HARD FOR THIS SEASON)
    4. LOG IT ALL! ADMIT WHAT I PUT IN MY MOUTH TO MYSELF!

Have a blessed day and Good Luck on your goals! :bigsmile:
  • valleriv
    valleriv Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1. Exercise - Done :happy:
    2. Drink water today instead of Diet Coke
    3. Stay within calorie goal and no sweets!
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I really like this idea. I have trouble with all or nothing thinking (since I ate that cookie yesterday, I might as well eat a cake today...).

About me. I'm a rapidly aging graduate student. I have been heavier...but I've been smaller too. And I'm feeling a little disappointed that I've let myself gain back about 15 pounds over the past year. Which, mind you, is better than gaining the whole 60 pounds back. But its hard to feel good about yourself when you've "grown" out of all but one pair of jeans. (What shall I wear today? Oh yeah...) But, instead of throwing myself a pity party (complete with pie and ice cream), I'm trying to just start from where I am and move forward.

And where I am is today.

Today's Goals:

1. No wheat (...but I support everyone else who can enjoy it. Although I am trying desperately not to envy you.)
    2. Exercise for at least 15 minutes.
    3. 6+ glasses of water. Even though I am probably a camel on the inside, I still need to drink something other than coffee.
  • jahneva
    jahneva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for this! This is actually my first post on myfitnesspal. I started logging my food today and although I eat very healthy, the calories really add up! I got very discouraged so came to look for some motivation! I'm glad I found this post :)

I'm 25 and still trying to find my way in the world. I did Teach For America and since then have continued teaching and working in low income, urban schools in Philadelphia which requires a lot of time and energy! With that said, I often find it extremely challenging to commit to spending one of the 4 nonworking hours that I'm awake exercising. I am trying to continue getting up at 5-5:30am to exercise before work because I find that it's easier than trying to convince myself after a long day. Anyway, I just started ChaLEAN Extreme and am really excited! My plan is to take it ONE day at a time and just make it through each day. And if I miss the morning I'm just going to commit to make it up after work.

My goals for today-- complete Burn Intervals and Ab Burner and don't overeat at dinner. Then, get a good night of sleep so I can get up early tomorow! Looking forward to keep posting here!
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Today's goals are
    1. Do my P90X workout for today-complete
    2. Drink at least 6 glasses of water
    3. Not to eat the cookies the kids and I baked :smile:
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This is great! I hate feeling like I've let the group down if I don't show up for a few days. So this should be easier to keep up with. Like the rest of you, I can only do this one day at a time. The encouragement on MFP is fantastic. I'm a 41 year old SAH mom of three boys. I'm posting my goals for tomorrow, Dec. 2:

1. Step for one hour
    2. Drink 8 cups of water.... agree with another poster who said its hard to do in the cold. A lemon wedge in hot water is helpful.
    3. Eat back half of my exercise calories (I can't figure out which side of this fence I'm on! :huh: )
  • PixieThin
    Options
    This sounds like something I'm going to try.. I need to get back into the swing of things. I am through with the holiday food right now. I have been excited about it and then it got old. It's almost as if it wasn't worth it.

I am 24 yrs old, recently married. I have been working hard to get back on track so I hope you guys hang with me. "/
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Its my first day and I am really excited about this challenge. Its the small things in life we do everyday that in the end make the difference!

Today I am going to drink 8 glasses of water, 3 glasses of green tea and do my 17 minutes of treadmill.

I just had a baby 10 weeks ago and have started the 17 day diet with a personal challenge with my husband....Im determined to win this challenge!

Come one everyone lets ring in the new year
    Elise
  • pbear1
    pbear1 Posts: 42
    Options
    Oh I think this is something I will aim for - am always losing motivation! Want to lose a stone - but would be happy with 5-7lbs now.

I am a mum of two, my son is 25months and my daughter is 8 months and I am still on maternity leave. I go back to work full time in January and want to look and feel ok by then. But I am very busy and dont get much sleep so I am always giving up and feeling a bit sorry for myself. Enough is enough am going to take it one day at a time for December. Drink 2 litres of water and try to eat 1200cals per day. Thanks and good luck to everyone!
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Im a stay at home mom with three kids and a husband who is also a shift worker, its nice to know someone else who lives like this. Many of my friends dont understand.
  • rkeffer
    rkeffer Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I want to be in this group. It sounds like a fun and motivating way to do the things that will help you along your journey.
    Today are the three things that I want to do

1. Stay within my Calorie goals for the day
    2. Record everthing I eat
    3. Drink the 8 glasses minimum of water for today:drinker:
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    pbear1 we can all do this together, I understand being up all night. I find if I just accomplish as much as I can early in the day, my relax time (even if for five minutes) can be in the evening. Its like my treat :O) Hope that you have a great day! Im going to go get my treadmill done for today!