Replies

• mkath4
    mkath4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am in. It will really help me to check in with this group daily:

Goals:
    Exercise at least 50 min. 5 days a week
    Drink 64 oz of water a day
    Continue with good eating habits during the week.
    Improve eating habits on the weekend: More fruits, veggies and water
    +++Use MFP to record weekend food+++ Hope it will help me not to make unhealthy choices
    Log on to this group daily. If I don't please feel free to remind me.

Thanks for posting a December challenge.
  • reeniesing
    reeniesing Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am in. I need all of the support I can get. Please add the reminders.
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So I'm in to:
    Goals:
    1. loose 5 - 7 pounds by New Year's Day by sticking to calorie goals and NOT eating all my exercise calories. I have previously lost a lot of weight and just now started building it back up slowly. Now is the time to stop the downward spiral and take my life back.
    2. exercise 6 days a week: 3 power yogas, 8 aerobics on elipticals...two "double days" that consists of 30 min in morning and 30 at evening. I'll work into strength training 3 days a week once my doc. says my neck is better.
    3. Kick the compulsive eating habit by setting "carrots" out in front of me. This week's carrot is to have my husband snow shoe with me this weekend if I can resist eating after dinner. The goal was only after dinner, but it seems I'm also resisting compulsive eating during the day...goes to show how powerful challenges are.
    4. TRACK EVERYTHING I EAT...gotta own up to what goes in my mouth...lying to myself doesn't help me AT ALL!!!

So this is my promise, commitment, challenge, goal and DREAM!!!
    WOW won't it be great to be us at the end of this month.
    Good luck to all of us.
    Marcia
  • elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    Welcome girls :smile: look forward to seeing your posts and getting to know you and yay I get to "bug" you all ha ha ha just kidding :laugh: Some have been on MFP and just forgot to log into challenge so thats why I leave it open as an option.

Ok get ready one more day to prepare :flowerforyou:
  • LisaLittle05
    LisaLittle05 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! December will be a tough month for me as well. Finals in college, christmas food and birthdays. This way I am held accountable! Its also great to know we can support eachother :)

Goal #1- sleep less. Im a stay at home mom and my husband goes to bed early. I usually go to bed at 9 (sometimes)and sleep til 9. Im lucky my son is a good sleeper too lol! This weather makes me want to sleep too much!

Goal#2- drink a lot of water. Im bad about not drinking enough expecially during the winter.

Goal#3- excersize at least 30 minutes 5days a week!!

I sure hope I posted this correctly!?
  • elimay59
    Options
    Welcome Lisa :happy: You picked some great goals happy to have you :smile: see you tommorow:wink:
  • kerryannk
    Options
    I'm in!! I fell off the wagon in November due to a knee injury. Back in action. I'll post my goals shortly!!
  • kerryannk
    Options
    Goals:

1. Log every day. Stay within 150 cals.
    2. Sleep Less, Exercise More!

Non-Diet Goals:

1. Quit smoking! I've never thought that quitting could even be something I'd be able to tackle. It's been 1.5 days since I've had one.
    2. Keep up on chores! Wash the dishes in the sink every day before work.

SW: 142.6
  • sbenskin001
    sbenskin001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Okay I am interested! Love the extra motivation and having a check in. Message me for sure if I do not check-in!

Goals:
    1.) stay in my carb count (health) shot to also stay in calorie count!
    2.) Exercise at least 30 minutes everyday.
    3.) this is a comination one I would like to clean out my kitchen and pantry to reduce clutter as well as unhealthy foods and snack.

Healthy Habit
    Getting up by 7 am every morning even on the weekends.

So excited!! I know December will be a struggle for me with all the holiday get togethers so I am hoping this will help!!
  • elliemay63
    elliemay63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I need some motivation!
    1. eat more salads
    2. drink more water (I have to force myself to do these two when it is cold outside!)
    3. watch my intake of all the holiday sweets!

Goal - relax!! I tend to put off life (meeting friends after work, holiday shopping during the week while it is less crowded, etc.) for a workout but as long as I am getting in 3 or 4 workouts a week, I will not let life pass me by!

My cheat day will be determined by my goal!

Thanks for making me 'put it on paper' as they say!
  • elimay59
    Options
    Goals:

1. Log every day. Stay within 150 cals.
    2. Sleep Less, Exercise More!

Non-Diet Goals:

1. Quit smoking! I've never thought that quitting could even be something I'd be able to tackle. It's been 1.5 days since I've had one.
    2. Keep up on chores! Wash the dishes in the sink every day before work.

SW: 142.6

Welcome !!!!!!! I love your goal of quiting smoking if I can do it anyone can ,I smoked 3 pks marlboro 100 lights when I quit and I had smoked since I was 13 that was in 1986 both parents smoked and my 4 sisters all younger because I was a bad example, A little bit before I quit I was also a bartender , smoke billowed out of the bar when you opened the door. I prayed like crazy, drank lots of coffee ,chewed gum and ate hard candy. When I quit for good I asked myself why am I torchering myself starting and stopping I know I am going to quit, so then I was done. I am 52 the oldest and people think i am at least one of the yougest some are more than 10 years younger, one people have thought she was my mom more than once. Smoking ages people so much . good for you I am so happy for you, YOU CAN DO IT :bigsmile:
  • elimay59
    Options
    Welcome girls !!!!!!!!! looking forward to getting to know you :happy: Ha Ha Ha anouther Elliemay I picked that name because one of my sisters use to call me that :wink: My real name is Ellen :smile: It will be a fun month !!!!!!! See you all tommorow :flowerforyou:
  • mcase44
    Options
    I'd like in! Im new to this site and what a great way to start out!

My goals:
    -exercise for one hour at least five days a week
    -drink at least 2 nalgene bottles of water a day
    -No carbs right before bed!!!
    -lose 8 lbs
    Non fitness goal-floss everyday

My cheat day will most likely fall on a weekend dag but it may vary:smile:
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    So been thinking about my December goals and what might help me to get the pounds moving again.

#1-Strength train daily-that could just be doing sit ups/push ups, etc or a full dvd. I have strength training class twice a week and I just don't think I am doing enough in this area.

#2-eat less processed foods and try to cook more. I think my food intake is my downfall and really keeping me from dropping more weight. Those of you around from November are probably laughing at this one :laugh:

#3-Keep my calories in the green every day and be accurate with my intake.

#4-walk away from the holiday goodies that are going to be turning up in the office as we move through December.

Good habits for the month-

-Find one think to be thankful for every day. I get so boged down with the stress from work and trying to help everyone that I forget about myself.

-I want to go the month of December without clothes shopping. I have been really bad at buying new clothes since I finally got into a smaller size and my pocketbook and closet cannot afford for me to keep up with this habit.

Hope everyone had a great December!
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    I would love to join! This is just what I need to stay motivated during the holiday season.

My goals:
    1) Work out everyday! I have been skimping on exercising and it really needs to stop.
    2) I need to eat a lot healthier. I think I want to replace one meal a day with a salad.
    3) I want to get more water. It is getting drier out, so I need all the water I can get.

I'm looking forward to this!
  • kerryannk
    Options

3) I want to get more water. It is getting drier out, so I need all the water I can get.

Isn't that the truth?? I don't even consider things like this sometimes!
  • drewshoemaker
    drewshoemaker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good challenge for December (when we usually do a bit of packing it on!)
    My goals are:
    1. Burn 3,000 calories every week on the elliptical or walking
    2. Start eating breakfast
    3. Get my lazy self out of bed at 5:30 so I can do a morning workout.
    4. Drink 64 ounces of water a day, and limit diet sodas to two per day (gotta be reasonable here).
    5. Just say "no" to all of the holiday goodies people bring me in the office
    6. Choose healthier foods for late night snacking (open to suggestions here).

Let's make it an awesome December!
  • elimay59
    Options
    Welcome everyone !!!!!!!! ARE YOU READY ? HERE we go :happy:
  • ninerschick
    ninerschick Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am in..i need some motivation
    My goals will be:
    1. stay under 1500 calories
    2. drink 64 onces of water
    3. try to lose 5 pounds my new years
    4. Exercise 30 minutes a day
    5. Check in every day good or bad

Good habit:
    - to wake up in the morning instead of at 1 and eat breakfast

Free day
    - I am going to do it...i would like for you to pick it for me pls and thank u :)

And pls bug me because i need it... :)
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Determined December challenge :bigsmile:

1 : Pick 2 or 3 goals of your choice { these can be updated every week if needed}
    2 : Check in every day good or bad :wink: Even if its just to say hello.
    3 : Pick a good habit you want to work on ( does'nt have to be diet related}
    4 : One free day a week { you do not have to take it, but its there if you need it}

If you let me know you want me to ,I will send a little message as a reminder if I havent seen you for a day or 2 sometimes people forget, I will only do that if you ask for it I dont want to bug anyone :ohwell:

Lets be determined to make December a succssesful month !!!!!!!!

this sound like a great challenge.. i want in

My goals

1 : stay under 1500 calories
    2 : drink 64 ounces of water
    3 : excercize 30 mins a day I have had this goal the last 3 months and its my habbit to excersize almost every day now.
    4 : water pic my teeth before bed Good habit !!!!!!
    5 : free day I will choose week to week

Now its your turn :wink: