Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-November 2011

Options

Replies

• bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    This morning I am pretty worried. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers today. I woke up this morning in blood. We are trying to be patient and wait till the doctor opens in 1 hour to see what to do. I have to still get my son off to school.
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    lunarokra - golf stuff was definitely on my idea list! i was thinking of maybe getting him lessons??

bmfrazie - you're in my thoughts and prayers today...hang in there.

taldie - squirmy little thing!!!! that is a bummer....but you'll see soon :)

H_82 - i definitely gained a lot of weight in my first and second trimester...just hit my 3rd trimester today and have maintained my weight for the past couple weeks...so i am happy about that. i am also hoping that i dont gain much in the 3rd!!

AFM: 28 weeks today!!! it was amazing to hear my husband say '12 more weeks till baby' this morning!!! its all going by so fast and i feel like there is still so much to do before he comes! i am definitely going to make a list today...all the big projects that we have to accomplish. its a lot of organizing and i know we'll get it done...lists just make me feel better and more in control:tongue:
    i have my prenatal yoga class tonight which i am really looking forward to!!! goals for the day: drink at least 2 of my water bottles while at work and then another 2 tonight, no dessert and yoga!!

hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Bmfrazie - Said a pryaer for you. I hope everything is OK. Let us know how it goes.

Jcjecca - I made 2 Before Baby lists yesterday - one of all my projects I need to wrap up at work and the other all the stuff that needs to be bought/painted/washed/put in the nursery. I love lists. They truly keep me sane.

I got a pretty good workout in last night - 35 minutes of strength and 30 minutes on the mill. I didn't run b/c my arch is still a little sore though better. I did some incline work and in addition to the lower body stuff I did, my legs are feeling it today. I am loving my home gym; I got off the treadmill to go to the bathroom twice and it's so nice just having to go out in the hall and next door for a minute and right back on the mill. :smile: I also drank about 15 glasses of water yesterday. I had twice what I typiccally have at work so I must have been really thirsty. I weighed in today 1.5 pounds up from last week so I'm pretty pleased with that considering the holiday. I doubt I will make it to yoga tonight. I have too much to do to get ready for my company - grocery, cleaning, laundry - but good news is I'm about to head out on foot on a work errand. I love getting paid for my exercise. I may try to get a walk in on the mill tonight too; we'll see.

Hope you all have a good day. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll start the new thread via the same way we've been doing tomorrow. Happy Hump Day!

-Ashley
    31w5d
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! It felt so good to hear the heart beat this morning. The baby is fine but I am on bed rest until I can have 7 days of no blood. My placenta had seperated though. Hopefully, after a week we will be all good to go. It will be a huge thing though to lay around and do nothing. No lift anything over 10 pounds and of course no exercise.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! It felt so good to hear the heart beat this morning. The baby is fine but I am on bed rest until I can have 7 days of no blood. My placenta had seperated though. Hopefully, after a week we will be all good to go. It will be a huge thing though to lay around and do nothing. No lift anything over 10 pounds and of course no exercise.

What a relief. I'm glad everyting is OK. How far along are you? Enjoy your relaxation!
  • batgirlrox
    Options
    I don't have a lot of time to read up on the past updates from everyone. I haven't been on since the 16th so I'm WAY behind. I just wanted to pass on some info and ask for prayers. My father was killed in a very sudden and tragic event on Saturday night. I am still having a hard time accepting and believing it. My emotions of have been up and down. Eric and I are flying out to Oklahoma this evening to be with my family. I'm trying to stay calm for baby, but it's been a bit of a struggle. Please keep us and the rest of my family in your prayers in this time of mourning.
    I hope all of you ladies are doing well. I hope to get back and all caught up with you (for the most part) when I return.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way. I can't imagine what you're going through but hope being with your family will ease some of the pain.
    Amanda 13W5D -3lbs
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    bmfrazie - so glad that you and baby are ok! Rest up! How far along are you?

AFM, just doing a quick check in...this week hasn't been going so well for exercise, I'm really struggling with fatigue and having really rough nights sleep wise. Hopefully I can get myself out of this funk soon. I will be 28 weeks tomorrow, 7 months! 12 more weeks to go. This week we booked our 3D ultrasound! It's my Christmas present from my husband :bigsmile: I'm really excited and the nice thing is both of our parents can come to the ultrasound! It's on December 16th so I'm taking the day off and then I'm off until the 27th for Christmas holidays! I can't WAIT for that...I am having such a tough time at work, I find it really hard to focus because I'm so tired :embarassed: and I have a lot on my plate so it will just be nice to get a little break.

I have my next obgyn appt on Dec 8th and I have a massage coming up on Saturday and chiro next Tuesday - looking forward to these appointments. Hoping to get some relief for my hands, so annoying and uncomfortable. I also feel like I had a bit of a growth spurt in the belly area, lol I'm starting to have a harder time doing the stairs in my office, putting on my socks and putting on my boots etc...lol 3 more months to go!

Anyway, I hope you're all having a fantastic week!

Also Better_Balance - I think it was you who mentioned starting up the board for December? I think that's a great idea, if you wouldn't mind! :happy: I don't know how to set up the new groups? But this thread always works too. Can't believe it's December tomorrow!
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    bmfrazie - such a relief!!!! so happy that the baby is ok!!!

rayna - super exciting on the 3D ultrasound!!! that will be really great and special that your family will be there as well :smile:

better_balance - agree with rayna...definitely start up the december board if you can!!! thank you so much for offering!!

i am having a hard time at work today focusing...i just want to go home and do things. i feel like i have more and more of those days...i can not imagine what it will be like right before the baby comes!!!
  • Roobean33
    Options
    Bmfrazie - so glad baby is OK. So scary!! Rest up!
    Rayna - 3Ds are so cool - a great Christmas present!

US went well! Heartbeat at 160 and estimating by baby's length I'm right on schedule (8.5 weeks) July 7th due date. :-)
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This morning I am pretty worried. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers today. I woke up this morning in blood. We are trying to be patient and wait till the doctor opens in 1 hour to see what to do. I have to still get my son off to school.

Definitely praying for you!
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this board...

I haven't read through all 20 pg...but I definitely want to stay active and fit while preggers..
    Have been working out continuously since my last LO...and have been keeping it up...according to Doc I am about 11 weeks...but Ultrasound next week to see just how everything is going...

Hope everyone is doing well
    Bmfrazie...bedrest can be torture but glad the baby is ok.
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    emrogers: Thanks for the awesome suggestions! I was hoping to start this weekend as well. I'll let you know what else I come up with.

Lunarokra: So great of your co-worker!!! That's wonderful that you got all that great stuff. Also, I've heard Shea butter is possibly better than cocoa butter. I have been using unrefined natural shea butter regularly (and as I mentioned I'm not carrying big) and luckily no stretch marks yet. Fingers crossed it stays that way. I also got a brick of it for my BF when she was pregnant, and she didn't get any marks either. It supposedly helps to fade the marks you do get much quicker. I got mine from the Coastal Scents website. Really quick shipping and pretty unexpensive, especially relative to the lotions you buy from the store.

nkster781: Thanks for the info!!! I've been meaning to ask everyone that has some already at home...are you going to return the product, or use what you have and discontinue use until the formula is modified? I was gifted a few J&J items at my shower, and I kind of feel that because I would be using it for such a short time just to get rid of it, I will probably use it instead of return. Anyone with a strong opinion, please contribute.

abeare: Thanks for info! Great job on the shopping and all the work you're getting done around the house!! Thats my goal for the weekend. Clear out as much as possible to donate. My husband has wayyyyyy too many clothes. You would think it would be the other way around. :smile: I keep my wardrobe limited. Less decisions. Haha. Hopefully the rib feels better soon.

H_82: Remember, at least for me, the 20lb goal is because I was in the 'overweight' category when I got pregnant. If you are in the 'normal' category, its safe and preferred to gain 25-35lbs. I'm sure you're right on track! And I hear ya on the flabby talk! Ugh. Never have my legs looked the way the do. Though 'overweight' I always had solid muscle everywhere under the fat. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. That's why I'm upping the strength training these last several weeks. I know I need to get stronger for labor/delivery. That's my motivation at this point! Good luck to you!

taldie01: mmmm....cookies :happy:

dragonairis: Welcome!

bmfrazie: You and your family are in my prayers. Glad to hear that baby is safe.

jchecca: Congratulations! So close, but you'll get it all done...little by little.

Better_Balance: Awesome job on the workout! I'm a huge list maker! I would have lost my sanity a long time ago if I weren't.

Rayna: Excited for you for both the ultrasound and your time off. And your R&R.

AFM: Didn't get my walk in last night. The wind here was something terrible. They shut down parts of the lake bike bath because the waves were crashing up so high. I did do my strength this morning. It was a quick round, but I just felt good doing something. Also, I splurged a bit more than I should have yesterday, but I did log it all. If I stay good about logging, it will help me stay on track with my goals. I had my 8 glasses of water yesterday, though the veggie goal suffered. I would hardly consider a small helping of corn to be a veggie portion. Today will be better though. That my mindset. I will be taking the pups for their walk tonight, and I will work on those veggies tonight!

Rosanna
    34 weeks, 1 day

Happy Hump Day!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bmfrazie - So glad baby is ok. My mom had placenta seperation while she was pregnant with me, it was a little scarey and I was born 7 weeks early, but completely healthy. Good luck, enjoy your down time as much as possible.

jchecca - I think at this point we all just want to make sure everything is as perfect and complete as it can be. Then there is a job that holds up back from getting stuff done....annoying. LOL Good luck hopefully you get the time to get your to do list done. Mine starts Sunday I hope.

Taldie - So when do you go back for your next U/S? I was so worried about that, but I guess she was being a good girl that day. LOL Good luck at your next one.

Ashley - Good job on your workouts!!!! I wish I had a home gym, but I guess for now the treadmil will work. Thanks for offering to set up the Dec. board too, I was wondering what would happen when Heather had the baby. Your profile pic is cute, how far along is your sister? Your family is going to be surrounded by babies soon.

Roobean - Glad your appt. and U/S went well, July 7th was my due date for my son, but he was born June 9th. Also July 7th was my first appt. this pregnancy too. July 7th is a big day for our family, my aunt got married, it's my grandpa's b-day and also two cousin's b-days. LOL. Glad things are going well for you.

Ok AFM: Had my appt. yesterday, Blood pressure is HIGH, and I gained 5lbs. Not to worried about the weight, since I only gained 3lbs in the 8 wks before. So I'm 29wks4days and 16lbs total. Just going to be careful and make good choices for the next couple months, no more giving into my cravings for sweets. She did confirm the stomach tightness all the time is contractions and she said don't worry until they hurt or get regular. The numbness in my arms and hands is totally normal. Due to increased blood flow and the pressure on the nerves this just happens and it will go away once baby is born. The worst part of the appt. was a few weeks ago we did an U/S and I was under the impression my right kidney was enlarged, well come to find out it's not me it's baby's kidney. :brokenheart: As of now it's still within normal range and she's not worried, but I am. I was fine with it being me, but now it's not fine at all. My son had surgery when he was 5wks old and it was the scariest thing I've ever been through, just don't want no suprises this time. I really hope and pray everything will be ok, but it makes me super scared. :sad: My doctor plans on doing another U/S closer to due date just to see how things are developing at that time. Anyone heard of this before??? She also said baby is head down which I already new, and I passed my G. Diabetes test. So not all bad, but not the outcome I hoped for at all.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    bmfrazie so happy to hear things are okay! Rest, relax, and do whatever is necessary to keep that lil bean healthy and happy inside for as long as possible!

Kristy, again I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my own father way too soon when I was 16 from a massive heart attack... I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Do whatever it takes to take care of yourself and your sweet baby.

svgarcia I'd highly recommend getting your blood pressure checked. Seeing stars is a sign of high bp! I started getting headaches and seeing stars at the very end of my pregnancy and they had to monitor me for preeclampsia during my labor cause my bp was super high!

Ashley I think that is awesome that you are offering to take over the reigns! I think you'd be perfect to take over! :) I had actually considered having a group that included this board (the pregnancy part) along with the post-pregnancy board so that we can just go from one topic to the other. But I'm not sure how it would work. What do you ladies think?

Welcome newcomers!

Everyone else, I am reading all of your posts and you all seem to be doing pretty great! Keep up the awesome work. I know how hard it can be around the holidays, but it is about balance and it is okay to indulge, just get back on the wagon and keep up the great work!

AFM life is still great! Charlee had her first appointment yesterday and she is now 8lbs 6oz, 21" long, and perfect :) My appt won't be until the end of December at the 6 week mark. I plan on Monday getting back into a workout routine. I am actually only 10lbs away from my prepregnancy weight after only 2 weeks and eating dessert every day! Pretty much the best diet ever! lol It is nice having people bring meals, but everyone brings dessert with it and I can't NOT eat it... All together I have 18-20lbs to lose to get to my ultimate goal weight. Since I'm dropping weight without even trying now, I'm not too worried about it. I know once I get back into my workouts and eating how I normally do, everything will come together. My mom has pretty bad stretch marks and so I just assumed I would get them too, but fortunately enough I didn't get any and my tummy has gotten pretty flat. It is still a little soft and jiggly, so toning those muscles back up will definitely be my goal.

I hope everyone has a great week so far! Keep up the awesome work!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely mommy-to-bes!

I finally have a moment to get a quick check-in in. I had an extremely busy Thanksgiving weekend at work. It was our performance weekend of The Nutcracker. 4 very successful shows full of activities (Santa, face painting, live reindeer, etc) later, I can finally breath and relax a little. The Nutcracker is the official kick-off to the Holiday Season for me. Now I have to finish up the Christmas shopping and get organized.
    Hubs and I plan to get to work on the nursery this week. On the agenda is ripping up the carpet, laying the flooring, and organizing the closet. It is my goal to get it going before Christmas.
    We have our detailed ultrasound scheduled for Dec 8th!! We are SO excited to find out if the baby is going to be Caleb or (possible girl name) Cecelia! Then I see the 3rd OB in the practice on the 16th. 2 more to go.. I like all of the docs so far. *fingers crossed*
    Lately, I have been horrible with healthy eating!! We really need to go shopping and stock the house with good choices. I just can’t seem to keep my hands off the sweets and junk. I’m trying to make up for it by continuing with regular Zumba class on Mondays, taking the stairs at work, and not being a complete lazy *kitten* at home. But I know I could bump the workouts up a notch, I just feel a bit down in the dumps lately. This body changing stuff is a bit harder on my psyche than I thought it would be… I think I will have an easier time once I can feel the baby and have that reminder that there really is something in there. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to cope?

Well I hope everyone has a great rest of the day! TTFN

17 weeks, 4 days
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Lately, I have been horrible with healthy eating!! We really need to go shopping and stock the house with good choices. I just can’t seem to keep my hands off the sweets and junk. I’m trying to make up for it by continuing with regular Zumba class on Mondays, taking the stairs at work, and not being a complete lazy *kitten* at home. But I know I could bump the workouts up a notch, I just feel a bit down in the dumps lately. This body changing stuff is a bit harder on my psyche than I thought it would be… I think I will have an easier time once I can feel the baby and have that reminder that there really is something in there. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to cope?

Well I hope everyone has a great rest of the day! TTFN

17 weeks, 4 days

The body changing stuff is hard and it continues even after birth, but it's worth it. I call my network of stretch marks character building, but sometimes I wish I didn't have so much friggin' character! It is better when you can feel your baby and be reminded that your expanding to make room for your little passenger and not just because you're too tired to get in a good work-out and eating like crazy. For my first, I loved my doctor's appointments so I could hear the baby's heart beat and remind me that this is real. Just keep on being active, but don't feel like you have to do 45 min of high impact cardio every day. Just a walk and maybe gentle yoga on some days. As far as eating... I'm not the best with that either. I'm definately better than I was the first time around, but I definately eat more empty calories than I should. It can't hurt to splurge a bit here and there, it's just tough to not fall back into the habit.
    As time goes on, you will learn to love your new body for what it is and that will make it easier to want to treat it well.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Jchecca, I love the idea of a present for the hubby when baby is born, the only suggestion I can think of is kinda baby related, if he has a favorite sports team get the baby a onesie with that logo on it. Oh and I’m a big list maker too, nothing feels better than crossing something off your list!

Bmfrazie, So happy to hear you and baby are fine! Stay well rested its so worth it!

Ashley, I’m so jealous, I wish I had a home gym sounds so nice.

Rayna, I love the idea of the ultrasound being a present to your husband, I just may use that idea.

Rosannabarbar, You’re not the only one that has a husband with a larger wardrobe than you. My husband is horrible for that, he just loves clothes a little too much! Oh well.

Mistibergman, so sorry to hear about the babies kidneys, but I’d hope that the Dr, told you not to worry because she wasn’t. I know it’s hard not to worry and my thoughts are with you, but I really hope you can find some relief or answers soon so that you don’t stress yourself out.

Kim, I love those names! Cecelia is your mother or grandmother? I cant remember, but it makes me think of the Simon and Garfunkel song and I cant help but sing when I hear (or read it). Oh and don’t worry you’ll feel the baby soon enough!

Ash
    20w1d
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Had my 25 week appoint this morning! Kaiden is doing great, still measuring at about 2cm ahead of "normal" (was 27cm instead of 25cm). Heart rate was in the 140's and he was awake and kicking. Doc thought it was hilarious as she's telling me to make sure he's moving at least twice a day and I'm sitting there twitching cause he's kicking me. I'm up 20lbs total so far, but she's not too worried. Said everything is going great and she likes all the numbers. (Love this doc on my "team". Wish I could see her every time!).

Cindy
    25wks1d
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    mistibergman: Sending positive thoughts. Try not to worry too much. Remember that you stressing will only put added stress on baby.

Heather: I love the idea of doing a combo board! I had misti point out that I am one of the 'next' mommies on board to be due, but I really really want to keep in touch with all the other mommies, and to hear their stories. Thanks for the info on seeing stars (high bp), because I had no idea. I plan to store that info away just in case. Glad to hear Charlee is doing so well. Awesome job on the weight loss. Can't wait to lose weight while getting to eat dessert. I plan on nursing also, so its something I am definitely looking forward to!

kcurtis05: Big awesome goals! Good luck!

MidniteDayDream: Yay for a good doctor's appointment!
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    <-- Just had to share the ridiculousness of this 37 Week belly, haha

Who is Due next? I'm due December 19th.