Level 1 of the 30 day Shred - Open Group

Options

Replies

• califigureeight
    Options
    Day 4 here today and I'm not feeling as sore or as winded. Although, I had to stop side lunges because I had sharp shooting pain in knee this morning. It has not subsided :( So sad, resting it now and taking a ton of Aleve to help remedy this situation. Don't wait to stop, I'm so motivated right now. Thanks everyone for the support!!

I'm having a knee problem, what are you doing to replace the side lunges?
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Just did day 1 on lvl 1. Very proud to have survived :P we'll see if I feel as good tomorrow morning hehe
  • katherinesnell
    Options
    Well done rosiebug!!!! It feels great doesn't it? I'm so glad you're getting that buzz too now.

Welcome newcomers!
  • califigureeight
    Options
    Week 1 Stats

Weight: 267.6...265.2 (-2.4)
    Mini Measurement Update:
    3. chest--47...45 (-2)
    8. stomach (across your fullest point)--47...45 (-2)
    9. hips (across your fullest point)--51...51 (no change)

Summary: 2.4 pounds lost, 4 inches lost
  • califigureeight
    Options
    Week 1 Stats

Weight: 267.6...265.2 (-2.4)
    Mini Measurement Update:
    3. chest--47...45 (-2)
    8. stomach (across your fullest point)--47...45 (-2)
    9. hips (across your fullest point)--51...51 (no change)

Summary: 2.4 pounds lost, 4 inches lost

BTW, I only did 3 full workouts and 1 circuit twice.

(Now that I have my knee brace, I'm hoping to do at least 5 days this week.)
  • maaadde
    maaadde Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I did day 7 of level 1 today and I just have a question: does anybody else feel that the workout is a little unbalanced? For me, I never feel any burn in my legs, while my delts are killing me every single time. I guess I am in ok shape and I usually do squats with significantly heavier weights on the gym so maybe that's it but why would my delts be so much weaker, relatively? Is this just me? :P
  • curlygirlcami
    curlygirlcami Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Day 6, Level 1, Done!

I am finding myself enjoying it a lot more and pushing myself more and more. Glad to hear the good reports from everyone else. That's encouraging! :-)
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have felt very little in my legs (the one exception being after my first attempt at level 2 - the first circuit has a toe touch exercise built in and I felt my hamstrings the next day). I feel like I squat low too - not quite parallel to the floor but close. My shoulders are always exhausted. I did a sprint triathlon in september and tri's are all about lower body so I was thinking that was why my legs have been fine. I think the fact that you squat with weight explains your lower body strength too. So no, its not just you : )
    Hi everybody! I did day 7 of level 1 today and I just have a question: does anybody else feel that the workout is a little unbalanced? For me, I never feel any burn in my legs, while my delts are killing me every single time. I guess I am in ok shape and I usually do squats with significantly heavier weights on the gym so maybe that's it but why would my delts be so much weaker, relatively? Is this just me? :P
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    *crawls in breathless*

I NEED AIR! lmbo!

I'm just playing, but I just started the shred on the second and JUST finished LV1 D3! Now I'm looking down at the remaining 27 days like......:noway: and then....
    :grumble:

I plan on sticking with it because I know it's helping my endurance a great deal and I was looking for new "kick me into gear" type workouts. And she's giving it to me all right. It's been good because finally I've been feeling a little sore herelately. Granted, it's not a great deal of soreness, but at least I can believe this workout is having some sort of effect on me.

I have noticed that my weight is at a stand still now. I think I understand that it may be because I'm gaining muscle and that's what's making my measurements and scale weight go up because I know I'm not eating nearly as bad as I would. Just really trying to stick through with this, I'm more than determined to enter 2012 as toned as I can get! I would love to join this group if possible! :happy:

I need the help! :sad:

Oh, and these are my very accurate measurements:

Neck: 14 inches
    Chest: 36 inches
    Waist: 30.5 inches
    Tummy: 32 inches
    Hips: 40.5 inches
    Arms; Relaxed: 11 inches
    Arms; Flexed: 12 inches
    Quads: 25 inches
    Thighs: 20 inches
    Calves: 14 inches
    Weight: 184.6 lbs
    BMI: ???

We'll see what happens 27 days from now....why does that sound like forever? :indifferent:
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Welcome newcomers! It seems this group is gaining momentum every day :) And congratulations to everyone continuing with the shred. Today I'd like to give a special shout out to cali for the amazing results she achieved during her first week with the shred :)

Day 8, Level 1: Last couple of days I have been hungry! Eating non-stop, yet somehow staying under my calorie limit. Today wasn't the greatest with sodium... I'll have to be more careful of that tomorrow. But, all this hunger I am taking as a sign of after-burn and muscle growth. Starting to get excited that I only have 2 days left at this level. I don't think I am getting the same burn as when I first started. Although I can feel my heart rate picking up, I don't have any soreness and some of the moves that were almost impossible before are much easier. I'll see how tomorrow goes, but after tonight, I am really thinking I may start day 2 on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. Just as a heads up, I will be starting a new forum post for Level 2. I think I have added you all as friends so you will see a notice on your main page of where to post. If I have not added you, make sure to add me to make sure that you receive this notice. I think I will make the title the next group more general, since we have many people in this group who are at different levels and I would like all to feel welcome. And that way we can keep the conversation going on that thread unless we reach 500 posts, which would be absolutely amazing. Anyways, I am off for the night, but look forward to updating you on my decision tomorrow :)
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done. Didn't feel much sore (my shoulders just a little now) so felt great when I finished :) The only exercise I have an issue with is the last one, bicycle abs thingy. Grr.
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Would love to join you guys. I started yesterday. I just did day 2 this morning before I head to class and work. Was a little sore when I first started the workout today.
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Day 5, Level 1 :) I've been doing in with my running and my other workouts, and my legs are in paiiiiiin. And I love it!
    The only problem is I don't see my weight going down much every week. Will this help more with inches or is that just because it's the first week?
  • theoddlittleduck
    theoddlittleduck Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've been doing Level 1 for 3 days. I carry most of my weight in my midsection and am currently 192lbs, 5'7". My waist is 36.5" at the smallest point and my hips are 44". I believe I'm around 42" in the bust. I plan on doing day 4 tonight, day 5 tomorrow and then skipping Wednesday to play hockey.
  • theoddlittleduck
    Options
  • theoddlittleduck
    Options
  • jvinmill
    Options
    So, I woke up this morning feeling a little wild. Like I need to be pushed harder! It's only a few weeks until my vacation in Florida and I want to look my best! I am going for it. Instead of doing Day 9 on Level 1, I am going to start on Level 2. And this way I will get some more time on Level 3 before I take off. So here are my results from level 1:

I started at:
    Weight: 177 pounds
    Waist: 34.5 inches
    Hips: 38 inches

After level 1:
    Weight: 173 pounds
    Waist: 33.5 inches
    Hips: 37 inches

The reason I only measure my waist and hips are because these areas are the last places on me to decrease and are the ones I care about most! I think it's more common to lose inches with this program than weight, but seeing as how I was coming off of 3 weeks of maintenance, I think I dropped some water weight to start. These results are OK, but I want to see MORE. And I think the next levels are really going to step it up! So, here I go :D

P.S. I hope no one is too upset with me for jumping ahead or changing my mind about how I was going to attack this program. I really think its an assess as you go kind of thing and for me I think this is the best thing I can do for myself right now.
  • AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ok finally got my DVD in the mail today just got done watching it to see what I'm in for. It doesn't look too bad but I'm sure I'm in for it lol.

Does anyone know how many calories the levels burn?

Alicia
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Alicia, most of us who do not have an HRM enter it as 20 min of circuit training. Good luck on completing the first work out. And in the future please post under the new link provided above.
    Thanks!