What is your favorite Laughing Cow Cheese recipe?

Options

Replies

• bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Bump! These sounds great!
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow is great but it's still a manufactured food product - meaning that it's filled with lots of weird ingredients that I'm not so sure I want to be putting in my body (at least not in large quantities). Anyhow, I LOVED Laughing Cow but cut out all processed foods. What's a girl to do? Make your own!

Okay, I promise it's not that hard, in fact it's super easy (two ingredients). See below:

Step 1: Mix 16 ounces of plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt with 1/2 tsp salt (or less, if desired). IMPORTANT: Make sure your yogurt doesn't include gelatin or stabilizers - the ingredients should just be milk and active cultures. Chobani brand works extraordinarily well.
    Step 2: Drop mixture into a cheesecloth. Collect the corners of the cheesecloth and hang over a bowl in the fridge so that they whey (watery mixture) can drip out
    Step 3: Allow to sit for 24 hours, or until desired dryness is achieved. It will yield approximately 11 ounces. (And only has 25.5 calories per ounce!)
    Step 4: Enjoy!

This "cheese" (actually called labneh, with origins in the Middle East) has the slight tang of the yogurt, and the texture of goat cheese (SOO much better than those processed wedges!). Personalize to your tastes by adding herbs and spices. Tonight I added dill and a pinch chile verde sea salt and spread it on tomatoes, it works well as a dip for veggies, spread for sandwiches and it also melts beautifully.

Enjoy!

I am addicted to LC cheese and cannot wait to try this myself! Thank you!!!
  • just2liveagain
    Options
    bump!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I take a couple of triangles of Laughing Cow, mix with a bit of white wine and shallots or garlic, minced. Heat and serve over broccoli and cauliflower.

ohhhhh--Thank you, thought I tried it all with Laughing cow...Will be doing this:-)
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • cbassett08
    Options
    All these sound WAY better than just my cheese and crackers. Thanks for sharing!
  • pamrobb
    Options
    I'm going to have to try this.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bump
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spacey1968
    Options
    bump
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • __MFPSOLUTION__
    Options
    Take a look at my result

me.png

Just used _h_t_t_p_://tinyurl.com/c5sxhku
  • EReeves2
    EReeves2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oh.
    My.
    Gosh!

Like so many others have said, I've only eaten LCC on crackers or spread into a sandwich as a mayo replacement. I am soooo excited about these recipes! I've copied & pasted a bunch of them into a Word doc so I can print them out & put them into use pronto!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Newstart5
    Options
    bump
  • lafilleecossaise
    Options
    Bump
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    THis is so simple....I steam broccoli (I like mine pretty soft). Put it in a bowl and stir a wedge of Laughing Coaw French Onion into it and nuke it just a little more to make sure it is nice and hot. Tastes almost like broccoli casserole and only adds 35 cals to that boring broccoli. Let's face it, we eat TONS of plain broccoli. Anything that can jazz it up is a blessing to me. Love Laughing Cow.

YUM!!!
  • chaineyart
    Options
    bump!