Replies

• dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Very Desperate!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Islanders typically wear a flower in one ear to symbolize if they are single, and the other ear to symbolize "taken". What's the big deal?
    LOL What islands are you referring to? And in what century? :tongue:
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    the best item to wear to get approached by women is a wedding ring!

OMG this is true! My husband says the same thing.... some women just don't want any strings so they look for the married guys! A little back-as*wards if you ask me, LOL but yeah - no go on the 'single' bracelet, ha ha walk a puppy around your neighborhood - the women will come out of the woodwork to stop and say hi :smile:
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Do they have "Yes, I'm single. No, I'm not interested." wristbands? I'd wear that.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    It would have to be real flashy, so they wouldn't notice my wife's name tattooed on my ring finger.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Don't they have 'I'm not single' finger bands?

Yes they do. My husband and I each have one.

lmao to funny.... a single wrist band would be a desperate cry though and would make most girls run the other way.....
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't wear one, and I wouldn't consider dating a guy who wore one! That says that he is desperate for attention and not confident or mature enough to solve his apparent single situation without it!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Can I wear a wedding band and a I'm single bracelet at the same time?? I like to keep people guessing and have fun.
  • Bloom23
    Options
    I'm single, and I would definitely NOT wear it. This world is full of too many weirdos. No thank you!
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    No way bro, everyone knows women prefer mystery and taken men...It's more of a challenge for them. Why would I want to spoil the surprise? lol. ;D
  • melissa97
    melissa97 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Usually people are more attractive if they seem like they are not available...the challenge is half the fun! So no i wouldnt wear one and wouldnt be interestedin a guy wearring one!
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Long before I met my husband I used to wear a fake wedding ring to keep the creepy away. I work at a salon
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It can be difficult to know if someone else is single, especially as you get older.

It's as simple as talking to someone! :smile: If you flirt with someone and it turns out they're not available, the absolute worst thing that happened is you gave someone's ego a tiny boost. That's not a bad thing.

I find it frustrating that people still equate dating sites with desperation. There's nothing desperate about looking for like-minded people. I used a dating site because I was frustrated with the kind of guys who approached me in public. All they were interested in was how I looked. Online, I was able to weed out the "I'm writing because I liked your picture" guys and focus on the ones who actually seemed to care about what I was saying.

One peeve I had with online dating was that too many guys seemed to think that a personal ad meant that I was looking to date just anyone. Like "I'm single, you're single, let's hook up" and no other criteria mattered. An "I'm single" bracelet would seem to me to reinforce that. I could imagine some people getting offensive if you were "advertising" that you were available and still shot them down. Unreasonable to act that way, but I could definitely see it happening.
  • Determined1980
    Options
    NEVER EVER! That is desperate!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    So I was watching sunrise this morning, And they were talking about a new craze happening with "I am single" wristbands!

The point is you wear them and it allows people to know that you are single or not. www.singlebandshop.com/

Is this a little bit desperate or is this something you would try??

like thats gonna be such a truthfull thing now... :noway:
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Islanders typically wear a flower in one ear to symbolize if they are single, and the other ear to symbolize "taken". What's the big deal?

so do the irish:drinker: .. they are called a claddagh ring. Traditionally, if the ring is on the right hand with the heart facing outward and away from the body, this indicates that the person wearing the ring is not in any serious relationship, and may in fact be single and looking for a relationship: "their heart is open. When worn on the right hand but with the heart facing inward toward the body, this indicates the person wearing the ring is in a relationship, or that "someone has captured their heart. A Claddagh worn on the left hand ring finger facing outward away from the body generally indicates that the wearer is engaged. When the ring is on the left hand ring finger and facing inward toward the body, it generally means that the person wearing the ring is married.

Yes! I don't think this is traditional anymore, is it? Historically societies have had cultural norms that indicate what status people are. How in any way is that desperate? It's only desperate if your sole goal is to find someone as soon as possible to be in a relationship with because you can't stand being alone. If you just want others to know just in case you should meet someone interesting and there might or might not be something there, I would hardly call that desperate. The cultural traditions that used to indicate such things have largely broken down in most Western cultures. The idea of a bracelet is just a different way of doing what's always been done. Of course, the claddagh is nicer than some plastic bracelet - but there could certainly be something like that developed for the current times when so many people are no longer married with rings. I'd like to hear someone tell the Irish who do wear claddaghs that it's a sign of desperation!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    desperate. if you wanna show off your singleness throw a stoplight party! if you wear green, you're single. yellow...it's complicated. red you're taken

I totally want to do this.
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something teenagers are doing, not adults. I have a 16 year old daughter and i can see her peer doing it.
  • paulaleach
    Options
    Right???
  • Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I think in Hawaii women place a flower behind their left/right ear (im not sure) to tell whether they're single or not..