50+ WOMEN FOR THE MONTH OF MAY

Options

Replies

• cm62357
    cm62357 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Beautiful sunshine here in eastern WA...in case you haven't noticed, I am just jumping right into this group...it started with the Beagles! I am 51 and have recently been transplanted to WA state. I have to say the move has been harder than I thought and also more difficult on my eating. We wanted the move back to the Pacific Northwest from CA...we had been there 5 and a half years and so wanted back up this way, but I guess I didn't take into account how attached I was to my life in CA. I had a job that I truly loved and several really good friends and although we are much closer to family here in WA I am finding I am very lonely(hard to type those words). But I have taken steps to get my life back on track. I am not trying to journal all my food each day...something I had said I needed to do for quite some time but knew I did not want to face the reality of. I love the ease of MFP's site in doing this. Sorry this is kind of long...needed to get it out in black and white.

Cheryl
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Jump right in Cheryl. I know it's tough to transplant, it raises havoc with your life style. I've lived a lot of places, but ended here in upstate NY where I was born. It "feels like home"

elli-sometimes we are so tired that we don't know our own name. Made me laugh.

suezzz: :frown: What's up w/ working that hard?! Hope it works out at the chiro. Keep us posted. Diane
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    :smile: thanks for understanding Diane - it was such a crazy weekend. Speaking of which:

Cheryl - welcome! I'm elli, and i'm renovating my 100 year old farmhouse - REALLY renovating so i can't even live in it. So it's been kind of like a move (allbeit just to the small house in my yard but EVERYTHING is out of my house and scattered around the countryside). Something i've learned is that i thrive in calm, peaceful conditions - what i'm used to. In all this chaos i'm CONSTANTLY having to fight from putting something in my mouth. My worst times are the weekends when we're working like crazy.....So HANG IN THERE! Just keep on trying, be kind to yourself whatEVER and when you fall "off" just pick yourself up and start over! Tomorrow is ALWAYS a new day! I'm hoping you'll get over you're lonely feelings soon - this group can help SO much! Great women, great support!

Susan Susan Susan!!!!!!!!:noway: never mind the exercising!!!!!!! Just get to the doc and get WELL! Take it easy! Quit working too hard!!!!!!! Our health always comes first - that's why we DO this! Take care, get well, we need you!!!!!!!! Oh - i have to thank you AGAIN for the cake recipe. This time i made it with vanilla and my wiring crew loved it again!!!! :heart: elli
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Beautiful sunshine here in eastern WA...in case you haven't noticed, I am just jumping right into this group...it started with the Beagles! I am 51 and have recently been transplanted to WA state. I have to say the move has been harder than I thought and also more difficult on my eating. We wanted the move back to the Pacific Northwest from CA...we had been there 5 and a half years and so wanted back up this way, but I guess I didn't take into account how attached I was to my life in CA. I had a job that I truly loved and several really good friends and although we are much closer to family here in WA I am finding I am very lonely(hard to type those words). But I have taken steps to get my life back on track...

Cheryl

I know what that's like! We moved to West Texas the Wednesday after Mother's Day last year after 23 years in Central Arkansas. We grew up here, and hubby's family is here, but even after a year, all I have is acquaintances. I need a local girlfriend! Now that it is getting warm enough to be outdoors, I do better, but the loneliness has been excruciating. I chose to medicate the pain with comfort foods and gained 30 pounds! I only found MFP in February, but have been able to maintain a slow but steady weigh loss ever since. Hang with this MFP bunch. They will help you stay accountable and encourage you on your weak days.

Finally got an appointment for 2:30 at the chiropractor's office. I DID find my heating pad and as long as I use it I am pain free so I haven't taken any more pain meds since early this morning. At lunch hubby said, "You need to be careful... You know you're not a Spring Chicken anymore!" Thanx hon! :tongue: Reminds me of a certain Andy Griffith episode.

Also I just realized I am no longer dreading Mother's Day. Can't say I am exactly looking forward to it yet, but at least the thought of it doesn't send me into a panic now...
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Beautiful sunshine here in eastern WA...in case you haven't noticed, I am just jumping right into this group...it started with the Beagles! I am 51 and have recently been transplanted to WA state. I have to say the move has been harder than I thought and also more difficult on my eating. We wanted the move back to the Pacific Northwest from CA...we had been there 5 and a half years and so wanted back up this way, but I guess I didn't take into account how attached I was to my life in CA. I had a job that I truly loved and several really good friends and although we are much closer to family here in WA I am finding I am very lonely(hard to type those words). But I have taken steps to get my life back on track. I am not trying to journal all my food each day...something I had said I needed to do for quite some time but knew I did not want to face the reality of. I love the ease of MFP's site in doing this. Sorry this is kind of long...needed to get it out in black and white.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl--

Welcome, I looked up your profile and you are living in the town I was born in!! There are two more Washingtonians (that I know of) in this group. I hail from SW Washington, and Barbiecat lives on the Olympic Peninsula. It's really hard to relocate, even if it is to someplace you want to go. Even though you have your family, it can take a little time for you to get your bearings and feel at home.

Since you figured out this thread, at times, might better be titled "Doggies R Us," :laugh: :laugh: how many Beagles do you have? If you want to get to know some of the other posters, go back a page or two under "Community and look at the April thread for this same group. There are some great doggie stories in there. I confess to being responsible for a couple of them.:wink:

I joined this site in mid-April, and it has been a GREAT experience.:love: I am having no trouble sticking to my exercise regimen, and the food and exercise logs are a great help. As you are discovering, the people are WONDERFUL!!:heart::heart: :heart:

I will try to post again later today. I have to get out and walk before work and possibly rain intervene.

YIKES!! Just saw the live weather map. I think "Mr Umbrella" might be coming with me!!:grumble:

Barb
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Welcome to the newest members of our fabulous group:flowerforyou: There is nothing like the comfort of friends to make your day and the members on this thread continue to do that on a daily basis:heart: I am truly blessed:heart:

I just wanted to check in and read the posts. Still battling this bug and starting to get a little frustrated that I am not bouncing back as quickly as I would like:grumble: Since I started my new lifestyle journey I am addicted to exercising and that has been one of the most difficult things for me to endure this past week, that I cannot exercise. Also I have no appetite so I know that the scale will show a weight loss but this is too hard a way to lose weight and keep it off! I would rather eat healthy and exercise and drop the pounds:happy: On a positive note it is a beautiful sunny day here today:happy: and I know the sun will shine again another day for me to enjoy:bigsmile: Patience will prevail:smile:

Warmest wishes

Marie:heart:
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hi to you all.
    I've just done a few posts here so far.

Welcome to Cheryl. I live in BC, quite similar to parts of WA.
    It is hard to relocate, we did 6 years ago and just now starting to feel at home really. We are away a lot so that doesn't help, but I love the rv life, especially in the summer. Gearing up to visit a bunch of the GRANDkids next month.
    I enjoy reading the posts and welcome friends here too. The encouragement and support really help.
    You are right, Marie, it is a comfort.

Suzzeque, We spend a couple of years in Dallas [when my boys were young], and loved it. I found the people so warm hearted. It was right after my first husband was killed in a mva and I decided to go there to complete Bible College. It was therapeutic to live on campus since there were about 70 other single parents. Some of us still keep in touch although our kids are grown and most of us have remarried.

Well, I'm rambling now so I'll sign off.
    Ellen
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    Greetings from 125 miles down the road :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

We’re getting ready to watch the weather report and find out how much wind and rain we’ll have tonight and tomorrow. I had such high hopes of a great walk in the dog park here at the RV park. Instead it was drizzling when we got here and is seriously raining now. Even NW Washington poodles didn’t want to be out in that rain.

:flowerforyou: Barb----I’ll be calling out to you as we drive down I-205. We hope to be on the road early so we can be through Portland by 9 AM. All your walking is awesome. Keep it up and the pounds will be racing away. We didn’t bring Mr. Umbrella with us and even if we had, he’d never be able cover me and the poodles.

:flowerforyou: Anne---I’m going to take your suggestion and think health and true happiness. Jake can’t walk for too long, either, without it hurting him but he does OK with the exercise bike and yoga so I’ll bet you’ll find something at the senior gym that you can do. Bernie was two years old in October. He has started to slow down a bit but most of the time he is still kittenish often at 4 AM. He likes to pick fights with Haifa who is 14 years old.

:flowerforyou: Kathy---- your Punky is charming. :bigsmile: His coloring is a lot like my 14 year old cat, Haifa who is sitting in my lap right now.

:flowerforyou: Susan, I am so sorry about your gardening injuries. I would be sad to not be able to exercise. I’ve had good results from chiropractors. I hope your chiropractor is able to get you fixed up fast and back on the exercise and gardening trail.

:flowerforyou: Diane---I grew up with cats until Jake decided to get a dog eleven years ago. Now I can’t imagine my life without dogs. I’m glad your daughter urged you to get a dog. I’m glad you posted his picture. He’s darling:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Cheryl---the longest journey starts with a single step and I am a believer in taking baby steps. I’m sorry it has been so hard for you in your new home. Moving is said to be one of the most stressful things you can do. We moved to where we are now over four years ago and it took about two of those years before I felt bonded to anyone in the new town. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other one and you will reach a better place. I’m glad you’re part of this thread. All it takes to join is a desire to be part of the group.

:flowerforyou: Elli----I posted on the old thread about the same time Esther was changing to the new one so I, too, wrote some long post that nobody read. :laugh: :laugh: I know how it is to be scattered when you work hard and you are the hardest worker of all.

:flowerforyou: Marie---I’m so sorry that you are still sick.:sad: How frustrating that you can’t get up and exercise. I’m glad it’s sunny weather for you.

:flowerforyou: Ellen----where are you going in your RV? What kind of RV do you have?

:flowerforyou: Esther----We’ll wave as we drive past Salem.

I’m so glad to be in touch with all of you. Have a great evening and sleep well.:yawn:

Big hugs ((( )))
    Barbie :love: :heart:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I ended up having to go to a physical therapist/masseuse that is inside the chiropractor's office because the one chiropractor we have in town was sick enough they had to put him in the hospital today.

It was a happy accident because this guy was GOOD! He worked on my back and neck for 50 minutes and now I feel soooooooooooo much better. He located sore spots on my lower back I didn't know I had until he touched them. Ouch! And I could literally hear the knot popping as he worked it out of my neck. He said there is no way :noway: what I did this weekend caused that kind of pain... that it is more likely that I aggravated an old neck injury. I got whiplash twice. Once when I was 16 and again when I was about 30. He also said a neck injury can cause you to be much weaker on one side of your body that the other, which explains why my left leg is so much stronger than my right one. I'll go back once a week until he gets all these knots worked out.

He said I'll have to settle for walking as exercise this week and to drink LOTS of water to flush the toxins out he loosened or I might feel like I have the flu tomorrow. :drinker: Didn't know you need to drink lots after a massage.... I've decided that if I lose more than one pound this next week I may start getting weekly toxin flushing massages until I hit my goal weight! :wink:

This evening after supper I sat at the edge of my new flowerbed and planted a row of white oxalis. Hubby began working on the raised beds for my vegetable garden. Lord willing, I'll be planting vegetables on Saturday. :happy:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

susan----I'm so glad that it wasn't the gardening that caused your pain. How fortunate you were to find just the right person to make things better. Once again we find out that drinking water is part of the solution :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I forgot to mention on my last post that I weighed this morning and I've lost 3 more pounds. It's a great inspiration to stick to my good eating and exercising while we're traveling.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Barbie :bigsmile: :heart: :drinker:
  • elli
    Options
    BARBIE!!!!!! omg! ANOTHER 3 pounds?!?!?!?!:happy: You're up to 30 pounds!!!!!! I'm so proud of you! You are doing SO fantastic! Congratulations! Sorry about the rain - even though it's a BIG motorhome i bet it can start to feel small with you, Jake, the poodles AND the cats!!!!!!! I hope the weather will clear up for you soon! Drive careful!

Susan - i'm so glad the accidental pt/masseuse was GOOD! I know anytime i've had a massage they always tell me to drink lots of water following - it's just the miracle cure! Take it easy tomorrow if you don't feel well though ok?:drinker:

I made it to the gym this afternoon and got back on my healthy eating plan after the crazy weekend. Nothing new with my house today - hopefully before the end of the week it will be insulated though. I'm starting to think i really MAY get to move in before August!!!!!

Have a great night everyone - Talk to you tomorrow! :heart: elli
  • elli
    Options
    Sorry - i forgot some stuff:tongue:

Barb - way to go with the walking!!!!!! I think my feet would hurt if i walked that far. I think between the elliptical and the treadmill at the gym i probably do about 3 miles.

Anne - that will be great if you can join a gym! Even better if you can ride with your son!

I guess i'm the only dog person who has a mini dashchund - he's definitely the man in my life:laugh: I've never been into little dogs - when my son got me Hercky as a gift almost 8 years ago, my other dog was a Newfoundland (she's gone now:frown: ). Now i'm totally a little dog person, although my other 2 dogs are medium mixed breeds. Hercky's the only one who gets to sleep in bed with me, under the covers!:laugh: He's definitely my little buddy!

OK - now i better go to bed!:yawn:
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING MFP'S,

KATHY, PUNKY IS SO CUTE,HE DESERVES EQUAL TIME. HOPE YOU CAN GET BACK ON TRACK WITH EVERYTHING. YOU HAVE BEEN SUCH AN INSPIRATION TO ALL OF US.

SUSAN, ANOTHER POUND GONE, YIPPEE!!!
    GLAD YOU FEEL SOMEWHAT BETTER. DO YOU EAT A COUPLE OF DRY CRACKERS AND DRINK A FULL GLASS OF WATER WITH ALEVE. I FOUND THAT HELPED ME WITH THE STOMACH PROBLEMS.
    I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT MOTHER'S DAY. MY MOM PASSED AWAY A FEW DAYS B/4 MOM'S DAY 3 YRS AGO AND I AM JUST NOW ABLE TO DEAL WITH IT TO SOME DEGREE.

DIANE, YOUR DAUGHTER IS A SMART WOMAN. YES, EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE WE JUST NEED TO HAVE SOMETHING WE KNOW WE SHOULDN'T HAVE. YOU DID ENJOY IT AND YOU WERE ABLE T GET RIGHT BACK TO BUSINESS. THAT'S WHAT COUNTS. SOMEONE SAID,"I ATE A PIECE OF BIRTHDAY CAKE AND IT THREW ME OFF MY DIET *****FOR 10 YEARS*****".

ELLI, I HOPE THE CALM, PEACEFUL CONDITIONS RETURN SOON. I AM JUST LIKE YOU IN THAT REGARD. DO TAKE THAT 10 MINUTE BREAK AND BREATH, BREATH, BREATH. REFOCUS, EVERYTHING WILL BE THERE WHEN YOU RETURN, IT'S ONLY A FEW MINUTES AND IT IS AMAZING HOW MUCH IT DOES FOR YOU.

MARIE, SO SORRY YOUR ARE STILL NOT ALL BETTER. YOU SAID IT, PATIENCE WILL PREVAIL. HANG IN THERE.

CHERYL, MOVING IS THE THIRD HARDEST THING TO DO. ONE, DEATH, TWO DIVORCE AND THREE MOVING. THEY ALL HAVE SUCH AN IMPACT ON US. ONCE I MOVED JUST FROM BROOKLYN NY TO LONG ISLAND NY AND I CRIED FOR 6 MONTHS. NOW I MOVED TO FLORIDA AND I FOUND SOME GREAT FRIENDS HERE AND A HAPPY LIFE. THIS ALSO TOOK SOME TIME.
    YOU WILL BE FINE. SEEK OUT SOME FRIENDS ASAP. IT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE FAMILY NEAR YOU. MEANWHILE, WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU. WRITE A BIG POST OR A SHORT ONE. WHATEVER YOU FEEL LIKE DOING. WELCOME, GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS EFFORTS.

ELLEN, GOOD TO SEE YOUR POST. HOW ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR GOALS FOR MAY?
    GLAD YOU ARE ENJOYING THE POSTS. DID YOU CHECK OUT APRIL? LOTS TO READ THERE ABOUT EVERYONE IF YOU HAVE THE TIME.

BARBIE, SORRY ABOUT THE RAIN.
    WOW ANOTHER 3LBS. WONDERFUL!!!!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY GIRLS, (SEE SUSAN, WE ARE STILL GIRLS)

ANNE
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

I'm going to the gym after my morning drive. I believe I got all my personal things out of the way for at least a little while. Driving is still a little nerving but I just have to. I was never very good at facing my fears but, I am working on it.

I see some are still sick or hurt, and I hope you all get well so.

To all my other friends I love reading the post. I just don't not have the energy to respond to all. You know I am thinking of you all.

A few days ago,I noticed we have a nest in our weeping cherry tree. Well, it is raining today. While I was walking bosco, I notice the momma bird was sitting in the nest protecting her eggs. That made me smile. Life is good.

:heart: Kathy
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I guess I'm the only dog person who has a mini daschund - he's definitely the man in my life:laugh: I've never been into little dogs - when my son got me Hercky as a gift almost 8 years ago, my other dog was a Newfoundland (she's gone now:frown: ). Now i'm totally a little dog person, although my other 2 dogs are medium mixed breeds. Hercky's the only one who gets to sleep in bed with me, under the covers!:laugh: He's definitely my little buddy!

I don't have a beagle either. I've always been one of those folks who has had BOTH a cat and a dog. We've never had a beagle although my son inherited one when he got married. The Best pet (dog or cat) we ever had was half lab, half boxer. My son got her when he was 10 and she died while he was in Okinawa when he was 24. We still miss her "Elvis smile" and her gentle ways. Strangely enough his first trip home afterwards was the one year anniversary of her death....

Buffie2004.jpg

Buffie lived her first few years mostly outside. Then when she was two we moved to town and she became a house-pet. Many math lessons were calculated with her head in my son's lap. Many happy hours were spent playing hide and seek or wrestling with her. She loved to try to tackle him whenever they ran across the yard. She and I walked many steps together through the woods. Her Friday doggie showers became our weekly ritual. It has been said on more than one occasion that she had the softest ears ever.

Buffie hated raccoons and everybody's cat but her own. Our cat slept with her and even washed her face. Domino had her trained to lay down when she nipped her on the leg so she could wash her from nose to the ears. She barely weighed 10 pounds and Buffie was more than 8 times larger, but she obediently submitted to the daily ritual from the time she was a pup until we lost the 'Old Woman' when Buffie was 12.

She was so sweet natured and mannerly that my Moma called Buffie her granddog. Moma often said, "She minds better than any grandkid I've got." (She had 12 grands and 12 greats) As my Mom got more and more feeble Buffie began to meet her at the car when she came to visit and escort her up the front steps so she could hold onto her collar to steady herself. Wish we had thought to get a picture of that.... We DID have a family portrait made for Christmas cards one year that included Buffie.

If she had a fault it was her fear of thunder storms. She totally lost it any time it started to rumble. Her whole body would tremble and she would get as close to you as possible. If a storm blew up and she was outside she would just run and keep on running until she found someone. One of my most fearful times was when she disappeared for 3 days one spring. We put an id tag on her collar after that.

The last two years of her life brought many changes. Her sweet old face turned white. She got to where she couldn't climb into the back of the truck for a ride to town. (How she loved to jump in the back of the truck and go - nose to the wind, ears flapping!) Everybody worked so she spent more and more time alone. I always hated that! Her boy became a man - grown and gone. His sister too... But through the years and the changes, she always recognized him when he came home no matter how long it had been since the last visit. Even in the wee hours of the night she welcomed him with sleepy eyes that turned to wiggles and squirms. Whenver Trey came home on leave she tried to tackle him like she did when he was a boy and she was a pup.

My favorite Moma/ Buffie story follows: We were making our quarterly trip from Arkansas to West Texas to visit hubby's family and had left Buffie with Mom and Dad. Growing up, dogs weren't allowed in the house to be part of the family ~ there was never much effort put into training a dog ~ so if we had one that came when it was called and could sit, that was the norm... Anyway Buffie was a member of our family who lived indoors with us and slept with my son. She had a repertoire of tricks and would heel as a matter of habit. I could walk her without a leash anywhere. Well, at the time Moma was in her mid seventies... so get a mental picture of this... when we got home we asked how things went and she furrowed her brow in concern and said, "I am a little worried about Buffie. I took her out in the backyard everyday. But I don't think she is getting enough exercise. She wouldn't run unless I ran with her!" I had to laugh as I imagined Moma out there running with the dog. I had never seen her run in my entire life!

I realize this got very long, and has nothing to do with exercise or food choices... . But seeing as how most of you are dog people you wouldn't mind me waxing reminiscent this morning about the best pet we EVER had.
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good Morning to all

Welcome to new friends

Good wishes to those who are ailing.

Kathy your attitude is great - eventhough you're currently facing some adversity and fear, your determination shines through and makes us all believe in ourselves! We can in fact make it through without caving in. This is something I am currently working very hard at the support of people here is priceless.

Barbiecat You go girl 30 lbs already! awesome.

I have been sticking to my guns with the positive changes. My husband is entering week 5 with no work and no prospect for work just yet so stress continues to mount but my way of handling it is better and I am truly just going day by day. I've recognized some changes in myself that I am proud of, and those changes will do right by me in the coming months.

I have walked more lately and it makes me feel great. On Saturday I walked with a neighbour who wanted to stop after 30 minutes so I called another friend and met up with her and did 6.2 km. - almost 4 miles! Sadly I flared up my silly heel pain but I still felt great for having gone so far. For that day I burned over 600 cals just by walking with friends. Another plus in my attitude happened yesterday when I arrived 15 minutes early to pick up my son from school - instead of sitting in the car, I parked where he would see me and walked for those 15 minutes. That was all I could do anyway with my foot hurting but boy I felt so proud of that change. I have decide to track my distances and shoot for 10 miles each week for May.

I hope I'm not repeating about my pets but they are feeling left out of our thread!! Someday I'll learn how to put pictures on but for now I'll tell you about my darlings

Elvis - (after Costello not Presley) 16.5 yr old grey tabby - best cat ever
    Buddy - 6 yr old golden retriever - friendly and smart - our protector
    Benson - almost 3 yrs old beautiful little sheltie dog - our door bell:laugh:

Today I will
    Do 30 minutes of Richard Simmons
    Drink my water
    Eat my veggies and fruit

Have a great day

Heather
  • elli
    Options
    Susan - thank you SO much for your beautiful tribute and picture to your beautiful Buffie. It made me laugh, it made me cry. I could identify with so many of the stories! Especially her boy growing up and moving away. That has happened to my Billy..........and i too, have grandpuppies! 6 of them!:happy:

Kathy - you're mending - i love that seeing the mama bird guarding her eggs made you smile. I'm proud of you for driving and facing your fears. Hang in there!

Thank you for the encouraging words Anne. Going to the gym - even if it's just for 40 minutes right now is helping me SO much. I'm not getting into town for yoga, but making it to the gym 4 or 5 times a week. Also if i can walk the dogs, and sit down and "chill" for a few minutes each night i'm GOOD!. My Dad is from Brooklyn and i was born and raised on LI where my Dad and his wife still live! In Northport. I grew up in Huntington Station. Small world huh?

Gotta run - electric guy is here! Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • cm62357
    cm62357 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good morning to a wonderful group of women!

Sunshine again, but clouds are supposed to build up for some more rain. Thank you for all the words of wisdom about moving. They made me view the situation from a different perspective. Because it was a desired move closer to family, I thought it would be a piece of cake. But when you think of it in terms of how much it affects your life, I realize it may take some time to feel bonded to this community.

We have 2 Beagles...Hershey and Lucy. Hershey is 10 and Lucy is 8. They are most definitely a big part of our lives. It seems there are a lot of pet people here too!!

Hope each of you are having a wonderful day!!

Cheryl
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I am 53 so fit this group. My goals for the month of May are to keep on working our and eating right and hopefully get to my next mini goal of below 200. Last time I did this I got withing one pound and could not go any further. This time I will do it. Thanks for the group and encouragement. I am very motivated at this time. Looking forward to knowing all of you better.:heart:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I have come back from the gym. I am glad I did. I so need to get back on track with exercise. Thanks for all your support. You all have given me great strength to move forward. Slow but sure.

l_6224fb65bba843068a7875dbd0b2def4.jpg
    The picture is blurry. (I don't have a great zoom on this camera) but I think you can make out her eye and beak.
    This momma is fighting a terrible rain storm and she his not budged from leaving her nest. She is doing what she has to do. She is my inspiration along with all you great Ladies. Cheers to all.

:heart: Kathy