50+ WOMEN FOR THE MONTH OF MAY

Options

Replies

• FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    DOOBIE, THAT IS GREAT YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTERS ARE IN THIS TOGETHER AND ARE DOING SO WELL. YOU MENTIONED ONE IMPORTANT THING ALREADY, STAY FOCUSED. FIND WAYS TO MOTIVATE YOURSELF. I WOULD HANG A TOP OR PANTS OUT WHERE I COULD SEE THEM AND TRY THEM ON PERIODICALLY. WHEN THEY FINALLY FIT,IT FELT GREAT. DO THINGS TO STAY HAPPY WHILE YOU LOSE WEIGHT. TREAT YOURSELF TO SMALL GIFTS. GET OUT TO FUN PLACES IF YOU CAN. ALWAYS KEEP THAT IMAGE OF YOURSELF REACHING GOAL , LOOKING GOOD AND FEELING GREAT. IF YOU FEEL LIKE SLACKING OFF,ASK YOURSELF MY FAVORITE QUESTION B/4 YOU EAT THAT TREAT, DO I WANT TO WEAR IT? MANY TIMES I THOUGHT IT OVER AND SAID NO WAY. GRAB AN APPLE INSTEAD.

BOBBIE, I CAN RELATE TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ABOUT THE CLOTHES. THE GIRLS AT TOPS WOULD ACTUALLY TUG ON MY CLOTHES AND ASK "WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STOP WEARING THESE BIG CLOTHES"? IT WAS SO HARD AT FIRST. THEN , I STARTED SHOPPING AND HAVEN'T STOPPED YET. LOL. I SHOP EVERYWHERE, AT EVERY STORE AND ON LINE TOO. I LOVE FINDING SALES SINCE AT A HIGH WEIGHT YOU PAY SO MUCH FOR CLOTHES. YOU STILL HAVE A FEW POUNDS TO LOSE AND MAY GO TO AN EVEN LOWER SIZE,SO YOU DON'T WANT TO BUY TOO MUCH TOO SOON. TAKE JAKE AND GO SHOPPING. MODEL FOR HIM AND GET HIS OPINION. YOU WILL FIND "YOUR" NEW STYLE IN A SHORT TIME. I GUARANTEE IT. JUST HAVE AN OPEN MIND. DON'T LOOK INTO THE MIRROR AND SEE THE OLD BOBBIE AND WHAT SHE WORE. SEE THE NEW BEAUTIFUL YOU. OH, IT IS SUCH FUN WHEN YOU GET THE HANG OF IT.
    GLAD YOU GOT RID OF ALL THE FAT CLOTHES. THAT IS WHAT I DID TOO. I NEVER DID THAT BEFORE BECAUSE I THINK I HAD DOUBTS THAT I COULD MAINTAIN THE LOSS. THIS TIME IT WAS DIFFERENT.

ANNE
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    :smile: Huge excitement today!! My three daughters and I have lost a total of 32 pounds in the last four weeks!!! We just need to stay focused and not slack off because of the victory!! Any ideas to spur us on?? Thanks, ladies, for all of your support and encouraging words!! Have a great day!:flowerforyou:

Just try to stick with what you are doing. Congrats to all. Don't stop now. Set a Goal if you haven't already and come on this thread to be accountable. Works for me.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Kathy

Got to make my lunch so I can read the rest.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    diet.jpg

I just had to post this with all the talk about getting rid of our old BIG clothes.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • lose2cruise
    lose2cruise Posts: 107
    Options
    Hi all. I'm a newbie. I'll be 55 in a week and a half, had originally lost 25 lbs on WW online, then gained 5 lb back. I left WW online this past January. I thought I could do it without WW meetings or being online with their tools, but it isn't working for me. I found this site and although it counts calories and not points, the concept seems the same. I just needed to be able to log in to a site, log in my daily food intake and activity - to be accountable. Also finding support and motivation from others.

Here are my goals for May:

Continue getting my daily exercise, which now includes jogging with my walking
    Stop snacking on junk when I get home from work
    Stop snacking on junk during the weekends
    To be down at least 3-4 lbs by June

Thanks for listening!
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Welcome lose2cruise. You are in a great place for support and motivation.

smiley-chores002.gif
  • lose2cruise
    Options
    Thank you!
  • lose2cruise
    Options
    We have a mama cardinal who is nesting in our Norfolk pine in a planter on our patio. It is right by our bedroom window. We had terrible storms last week and although she was under the underhang of the house, the wind was blowing it around. She hung on for dear life but came out just fine.

Today, as I was getting out of the shower, I heard some bird screech. Ran to the window and could see the mama chirping away and flying around. Then the daddy cardinal came. She hopped around back to the nest. Something threatened her nest I could tell.
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Hello All.:flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

I just love this thread. I just read the phases again just to keep me going.

Take a look and read.

:heart: Kathy
  • lose2cruise
    Options
    Hello All.:flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

I just love this thread. I just read the phases again just to keep me going.

Take a look and read.

:heart: Kathy

thanks for posting. I'm sure that is part of my problem.
  • plantlady99
    Options
    :flowerforyou: lose2cruise. You are so close to your goal. That is the hardest part. I have been there a few times in my life. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Hope this time I stay there and never go back up. No, no, what I should say is. THIS TIME WHEN I GET THERE I'M NEVER GOING BACK UP, UP, UP. :blushing: :bigsmile: :blushing: :bigsmile:

Sue is from TX :flowerforyou:

Kathy
  • TeenTchr
    TeenTchr Posts: 19
    Options
    My immediate goal for May is to get into a formal I already own for the prom I have to chaperone. About 10 more pounds will do it. Then I'll work on the next goal.

148904.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lose2cruise
    Options
    :flowerforyou: lose2cruise. You are so close to your goal. That is the hardest part. I have been there a few times in my life. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Hope this time I stay there and never go back up. No, no, what I should say is. THIS TIME WHEN I GET THERE I'M NEVER GOING BACK UP, UP, UP. :blushing: :bigsmile: :blushing: :bigsmile:

Sue is from TX :flowerforyou:

Kathy

Kathy -I'm in Texas too. We should sweat off quite a few lbs this summer!

Beth
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hi, again,
    Barbie, I can relate to what you are saying about clothes. It can be almost scary to me if I think about having to shop for a whole new wardrobe. Another 10 lbs and most of my clothes will be baggy, quite a few are already. I have a few things that are smaller but not many. I tend to just buy things that I really like and find it hard to think I won't be able to wear them. Crazy I guess, and a bit bewildering to want to lose weight but at the same time be a bit frightened of it.
    Glad to hear your journey is going well so far.
    Kathy - Thanks for the phases link, so true and a good reminder.
    Beth, welcome, this bunch of over 50s are a great support.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Welcome Newbies.

I haven't posted in a couple of days, but have been reading everyone. I have a story to tell on myself.

Earlier today I came home from the morning portion of my split shift ,and I was eager to get the laundry going. It is pouring here today so there won't be any walking done today.:grumble: I did walk 2 miles yesterday.

Anyway, the pants I was wearing needed to go in, so I took them off and pretreated a spot and tossed them in the wash. About 5 minutes after the cycle started, I started to look for my cell phone ,and :noway: I bet some of you already know where this is going......you are right, unfortunately. My phone went "swimming!!"

I retrieved it and called the Sprint repair facility about 3 miles from my home They were very happy to hear that I immediately removed the battery and didn't try to turn the phone on--told me it was possible once dried out it would work again, and bring it right in.

I took it in and within an hour learned I was out of luck on the phone numbers. I was a cheapskate and didn't pay extra to have their back up service. I was luckier with the pictures, some of which are one of a kind shots of my canine "babies." My phone had a memory card in it, and apparently, it survived the dunking just fine. The phone itself is toast, but thanks to my providers replacement service, it will only cost me $50 to replace a $250 phone. The downside is I have to wait for them to ship it to me, so I am going to be unwired til at least Friday.:cry::cry:

The tech told me since the phone was turned on when the water hit it, that is probably why it didn't survive.

Memo to self--DON"T FORGET TO CHECK THE POCKETS!!!:grumble: :grumble:

On a positive note, I probably have the cleanest (albeit DEADEST) phone in the state!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I won't be laughing when I have to re-enter all those phone numbers, and FIND the ones that I don't have a record of in my previous phone.::sad: :sad:

And a word to the wise, if you ever introduced your cell phone to water, do NOT try to turn it on. Remove the battery immediately. If you don't have a repair facility nearby to open it up and try to dry it out, the tech told me, if you have a self defrosting fridge, put it in there (not freezer) for at least 12 hours, and it is possible enough moisture might be removed through the defrosting cycle that it could come back to life.

Hope everyone is doing well. I have to get ready to go back to work for the afternoon, so will check on everyone later.

Barb
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    BARBIE, IT'S BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT I AM CALLING YOU BOBBIE (SHE IS A FRIEND FROM TOPS). SORRY ABOUT THAT, ANOTHER SENIOR MOMENT

ANNE
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I would love to have the problem of having to buy new clothes.

:flowerforyou: Fit...My mom was a TOPS member years ago.

I am getting depressed. Everytime I go to the doctor I get weighed and I am jumping between the same three or four pounds. I felt so good on Monday when I saw the amount on the scales but today I am feeling so down.
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your cell phone, Barb. Our grandson did the same thing - twice! And we talk about SENIOR moments!
    Ellen
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options

I am getting depressed. Everytime I go to the doctor I get weighed and I am jumping between the same three or four pounds. I felt so good on Monday when I saw the amount on the scales but today I am feeling so down.

Oh my dear I understand your frustration. I have experienced the same thing and was very puzzled as to what I was doing wrong. What I have learned is to be kind to myself and give my body time to adjust. We just expect too much of ourselves:heart: and sometimes it is not just a day at a time but a step at a time:smile:

Hang in there and keep checking in with all the members on this great thread and working at your goals:flowerforyou:

(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))) to you:heart:
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome lose2cruise to the most wonderful and supportive group of women on the site:flowerforyou: Since I began my new lifestyle journey in November this site has been a constant source of support, motivation, inspiration and friendship:heart:

Best of wishes to you. Check in and chat with us often. You will be glad you did:bigsmile:

Marie:heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    OK--since it's confession time, I, too, ran my cell phone through the washer. I mourned it like the death of a friend except that I was able to replace it with an embarrassing visit to the A T & T store and $300.00. All my phone numbers and photos survived.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When I got rid of the size 16 clothes, I bought 3 pairs of jeans that fit.:laugh: I kept the big tops until someone at line dance asked me if I'd be wearing baggy shirts until I lost all my weight.:laugh: I have a few baggy clothes for walking the dogs and going to the dog park.

Before the trip I bought two new pairs of jeans a size smaller than the last purchase some smaller tops. fortunately all the RV parks we're staying in have laundry rooms :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I watch women everywhere I go to see what they're wearing and think about whether it's a style that I would like. In the mean time, I have a huge tolerance for repetition and don't mind rotating the few clothes that I have.

We are in Red Bluff, California now and it's not raining. We told our friends here that we won't eat at a restaurant so we made a joint plan for dinner at their house----they'll cook chicken breasts on the grill and make salad and we'll bring squash, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and mushrooms to broil in the oven. this is going to be a very thin exercise day for me. there's no good walking at the RV park, no fenced dog area , and no fitness room and we'll be visiting all evening. This may be the first time in months that I don't get 10,000 steps on my pedometer.

Welcome to the new members of the group. I hope you can find all the support and inspiration that I've found. These women have helped to change my life for the better.

big hugs to all of you :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie