Options
    ::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We're alive in Vacaville, CA using the computer in the RV park office

will write more in a few days

barbie:heart::heart: :heart:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Barbie--that is so neat that you can take all of us along with you for the weekend. I took my computer when we went away for our anniversary. My husband didn't mind because he ALWAYS has his hand held game with us.

I don't see how all of you can keep up with everyone.

I downloaded the google toolbar just now. Wow, you can get everything on it. It didn't come with spell check but I added it. I also added a dictionary, language button, life clock and more. So much there. Oh, the spell check just popped up.
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hi everyone - i'm so excited to be looking forward to a weekend of not HAVING to work on the house. I'll go over and work on stripping varnish off wood upstairs, but i don't have a whole crew coming to do something scary - i.e. wiring:happy:

I've been eating more food than i should lately, and the scale has gone up a bit so i'm hoping to get a grip on that situation! I'm still working out like crazy - this afternoon i'd decided to take a nap instead of going to the gym 'cause i didn't sleep last night. But i couldn't sleep so i ended up at the gym anyway. I did kind of an easy workout tho - only burned 300 calories. Came home and had salmon and broccoli for supper, now i'm getting ready to crawl into bed and read for awhile.

Barbie and Jake - glad you made it to Vacaville - there used to be a truckstop there i'd spend the night at before going into LA in the morning - if i'm remembering right - it's been a LONG time!

Hope everyone is having a great may! I'll check back in tomorrow.
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE,

VICKIM26, GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE DOING WELL. THE POOL IS A GREAT WAY TO GET IN YOUR EXERCISE.

SUSAN, THAT'S SO CUTE, A GIFT FROM MUFFIN.

DIANE, HOPE TO HEAR GOOD NEWS ON YOUR WEIGH IN. GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD WEEK.

KATHY, SUCH A GREAT FEELING WHEN YOU PUT ON PANTS AND THEY ARE BAGGY, SIZE 14, WONDERFUL. WASN'T IT NICE WHEN THEY ALL NOTICED YOU HAD LOST WEIGHT AND TOLD YOU SO? YOU DID FINE AT THAT BUFFET.

ELLI, ENJOY YOUR DAYS OFF, YOU SURE DESERVE THE TIME. EVEN IF YOU DO SOME OTHER WORK, I CAN SEE YOU ENJOYING THAT. I USED TO LOVE TO RAKE THE LEAVES IN THE FALL IN NY.

HEATHER, WOW, I AM SO HAPPY TO READ SO MANY POSTS TELLING OF SUCCESS. YOU ARE DOING GREAT. I CAN SEE THAT YOU ARE USING STRATEGY AND THAT'S WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT. IT'S NOT ONLY WILLPOWER. YOU PASSED UP THOSE FREE FOODS TOO, FABULOUS.

BARB, I LEARNED AFTER MANY TRIES, YOU HAVE TO MAKE A PLAN THAT IS YOURS ALONE AND WORKS FOR YOU. I DID THE SAME THING AND GATHERED PIECES OF THE PAST TOGETHER THEN ADDED MY OWN THINGS. FOR EXAMPLE I WAS ALWAYS TOLD I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO LOSE IF I ATE LATE AT NIGHT, FOR SOME THAT IS TRUE,FOR ME IT WAS NOT. GOOD GOING.
    SOUNDS LIKE YOU DID OK WITH THE PHONE FOR 99.00. AS USUAL, ENJOYED YOUR JOKING AROUND, YOU ARE TOO MUCH, SO FUNNY.

BARBIE, GLAD YOU MADE IT TO VACAVILLE, CA. HAVE LOTS OF FUN.

SOMEONE, PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THOSE SMILEY FACES. PLEASE.

DON'T KNOW IF I WILL HAVE TIME TO CHECK IN TOMORROW AND MOST OF YOU WILL ALSO BE HAVING A FUN DAY WITH FAMILY. SO, I WANT TO WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.
    MANY BLESSINGS.

ANNE
  • committed
    committed Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Anne,

I may not be the best one to help you but I move my cursor over the symbol and double click on it and it inserts the description of the one you picked and then when you post it automatically converts to the picture. :smile: :smile:

Nancy
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    I have been doing McDonalds Egg Mcmuffins at home. I use whole wheat English muffins, I poach the egg instead of frying and use low fat cheese. They talk just as good with less calories. Now, if I can only lessen the calories in cheesecake. :laugh:
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all,
    Weigh-in was good. Lost .6 lbs. Note that is point 6, not 6 whole ones, but I'm happy, it's still moving in the right direction and that's all I ask. It seems I've finally broken the plateau. It actually worked for me to up both calories and intensity of exercise.

Outside work today, so I skipped exercise this morning, A woman can only do so much you know!

Later, Diane
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with the smiley faces too, but you just click on the one you want and it puts the words on where you're typing, but when it posts it turns into the face picture!! :wink:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Barb - i think you have named the first 3 members aptly! Anne is for SURE the wise philosopher, Barbicat definitely the dynmo and you ARE the jester!!!!!!!! Very cool! I'm happy it's friday too, although i don't have to get up QUITE so early!!!!!!:noway:

So I guess that makes Elli "the Wise One" for being so smart as to agree with me, right :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Barb
  • weaklink109
    Options
    I have been doing McDonalds Egg Mcmuffins at home. I use whole wheat English muffins, I poach the egg instead of frying and use low fat cheese. They talk just as good with less calories. Now, if I can only lessen the calories in cheesecake. :laugh:

Great idea Becky. Sounds yummy.

Here is a related tip for those of us who don't have time to make things by hand everytime-- Try the Jimmy Dean D'Lites breakfast sandwiches with turkey sausage. There is a Canadian bacon version too.

These are both much less "costly to the "National Bank of Calories" than Mickey D's version, and very handy to have around. They are individually wrapped, so I take them out of the box to save space & stash them in spaces in my freezer.

If you take one out the night before & stick it in the fridge, it will be ready to go, and if I remember right, they only take a minute to cook up in the micro (1100 watt) when they are not frozen.

Barb
  • weaklink109
    Options
    HLLlO EVERYBODY!! flower

It is a WONDERFUL SUNNY DAY here, shooting for 70 degrees if the weatherman has an accurate aim. If not, who cares!! Today would be a beautiful day even if it was snowing.:noway: (on second
    thought, let's not get carried away, here.) :laugh: :laugh:

The reason for my joy can be found in my ticker,...I LOST 3 lbs. since last Sunday!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

In my post from yesterday, I mentioned the birthday lunch. Well, I came I saw, I ate, but THOUGHTFULLY (til dessert that is!!):laugh: :laugh:

We went to McGrath's Fish House, a regional chain that has a few locations in the Pac NW. I had filet of sole encrusted w/hazelnuts (told them to keep their "lemon sauce" and give me a plain lemon wedge instead), had salad, asparagus, sliced tomatoes and cottage cheese, (NO BREAD--torture, :cry: I LOVE :love: sourdough)

So far so good. The birthday girl didn't want her free Sunday, so we split a piece of Key Lime Pie!! :heart: :heart: It was excellent, and I felt no guilt because I had the rest of the day to get in my exercise, and as you will see, later, I did.:happy:

:flowerforyou: Momof10 -Belatedly, in response to your post of 5/7. First of all, "welcome, Debbie "

In regard to the Wii, I hear they are wonderful, but 2 cautions:

1) Don't get so into exercise that you throw your controller through the tv screen. I am not joking, it HAS happened!! :laugh:
    2) On a more serious note, don't get carried away with your activity. I have a co-worker in her 40's in reasonably good shape, who got involve in an activity for the first time and ended up with a torn meniscus, surgery and hobbling around for several months with one of those leg/knee braces that keep you from bending at the knee.

Believe it or not, less than a month after she removed all the "hardware" she was helping someone move, missed the last step and broke two bones in her foot on the OTHER leg. :noway: We began to make bets on how long she could come to work without a cast or a cane!!:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Suuzzzque- Belated Congratulations on the 2 lb.s loss. :drinker: :drinker: There is nothing better than a lower number on the scale to make your spirits soar, is there?:happy:

Also, in regard to the pedicure your "canine baby" gave you. It reminded me of one of the interesting habits that Mai Li, my Lhasa Apso has. If I come home and take my shoes and socks off and sit with my feet on the ottoman, she likes to come and lick my feet:noway: --she has an incredibly soft and velvety tongue, but she only gets away with this when I am heading to the bathtub. Somehow the thought of dried doggie-slobber on my feet makes me less than enthusiastic about putting on socks and shoes again until the feet are washed.:laugh:

Several Lhasa owners I have met tell me their dogs will do the same thing, but it is usually only one member of the family that will get "the royal treatment."

:flowerforyou: Anne, in regard to not losing if you eat late at night,: Out of necessity, due to my work schedule, I often eat dinner about an hour before I go to bed, and I am still losing, so I guess we are both "exceptions to the rule"--which makes us both pretty "exceptional", right?:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Becky -In an earlier post I mentioned the breakfast sandwiches in response to your post, and forgot to tell you there is sure way to make the calories from cheesecake "disappear"--eat it quick before anyone else has a chance to see them !!!:laugh:

And also, Becky, I have previously had the same problem with losing pounds and "finding" them again, but I am hoping I am on a one way trip down this time.

:flowerforyou: Diane--Congratulations on scaling your plateau!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Kathy, Your cartoons are great.

On a more serious note, I am so sorry to hear you lost your friend, Gail. The first time I heard someone from my class in high school had died (also from cancer), it was very unsettling.
    ********************************************************************************************************

I had commented yesterday that I thought my fingers would fall off from re-entering all the phone numbers when I got my replacement phone....Well, GOOD NEWS!! I did pick up the phone, and the Sprint location I went to is also a repair facility,. One of their sharp techs heard me make a joke about my "address book"--I was carrying the phone I used to have with T-mobile because it had most of my phone numbers in it. Imagine my surprise when he said he might be able to TRANSFER all those numbers from one phone to the other---and that is just what he DID!! I still have about 30 more numbers to input manually, but it beats the heck out of re- entering EVERYTHING!!!

:flowerforyou: Heather, You mentioned wanting me to PM you some of my energy, If I keep up what I have been doing, I may not need to sleep at all.

After my lunch, I ran a couple of errands and went home for a little while. By 7p I still wasn't hungry, partly because we didn't eat lunch 'til after 2p.

I remembered something I had to have from the store, so after picking it up, I hit the walking trail near my house and did 3.8 miles, in addition to the 1.8 I did with my doggies, so that makes 5.6 miles for the day!!:noway:

By the time I finshed my walk, it was pretty much dark, and I really didn't feel "alone" on the trail, the bunnies were coming out to forage, and the area I was in has wetlands, so the "Froggy Chorus"was in glorious tune.

I still wasn't hungry, so I ate a package of Craisins and called it a night. Then I got up at 5a and went to work for 4 hours.

Just got a call from Thomy, my friend with the birthday, who told me an interesting story:

(I guess, I am borrowing Anne's philosophical hat for a moment.)

First Lady, Michelle Obama, was talking about how much difficulty she had getting up at 4:30a to work out.

She got to thinking; "If it was something for my kids, I would get up and 4:30a. If it was something for my job, I would get up and 4:30a, so why can't I get up at 4:30a for ME??!! "

As women, we tend to put ourselves LAST, behind husbands, kids, work, pets, committee meetings, church work, you name it. Our new mantra, in terms of decisions about eating and exercise and time priorities should be :
    :flowerforyou: "I have a lot to LOSE, and much to GAIN by putting ME FIRST!":flowerforyou:

Today, I am putting me first by resting on my laurels, a little light walking tonight with the doggies, and treating myself to the NASCAR race that starts at 4p PT today. Tomorrow afternoon, plan to do another 6 miles!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY to ALL MOTHERS!! I am going to cook mine a healthy breakfast on Sunday morning.:flowerforyou:

Barb
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Barb...aren't our canine friends so much fun. I have a Yorkie who protects my slippers. He will attack anyone stupid enough to get near them. He will sleep in them while I am at work.
  • weaklink109
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Becky,

Your story reminds me of that old expression related to tired feet..."my dogs are barking!" I guess if you have a Yorkie in your slippers, THAT could be very true!!:laugh: :laugh:

Speaking of laughter, I must have been delirious with joy when I started my post==spelled "HELLO" in a unique way. I have a good excuse--I wasn't using my pc, so I didn't have the google toolbar spellchecker. I also noticed I used Sunday, when it should have been "Sundae"--oh well,,:ohwell: as busy as my friend is with her husband and chile, she wouldn' t be likely to have a free "Sunday,"anyway!!:laugh:

Barb
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    speaking of funny spellings - did anyone else notice when Becky was telling us about the McDonalds Breakfast Sandwiches she makes she said 'they talk just as good with less calories"?????? Thanks Becky - i got a good laugh out of that!:laugh: AND - when you figure out that cheesecake thing - please share it with the rest of us!!!!!!!!

Barb! You lost 3 pounds!!!!!!! Way to GO! That's so cool. I'm still stuck - but i'm not minding so much, the last few pounds will come off - it's just slow. WOW 5.6 miles!!!!!!! That's awesome! I think my feet would hurt if i walked that far. As far as me being the wise one........:laugh: i'm not too sure about that!
    I think Anne has to be the wise philosopher!!!!!!!

I had a really great day NOT working in my house:tongue: i worked out at the gym this morning and burnt over 500 calories. i got to talk to my son online, do some mowing, wash the sheets and hang 'em out, meet with some people re: the house, walk the dogs, pick asparagus, bathe the little dog and go into town for groceries and a doornob. The one in the house where i'm living fell off in my hand when i walked out!!!!!!! Hope i can install it myself - we'll see.......:noway: that could be an adventure in power tools!!!!!!!!:laugh: Tomorrow i'm meeting my dil in denver so i don't know if i'll get to post again. All Moms have such a great day tomorrow! Relax, be with family, let them take care of YOU for a day!!!!!! :heart: you guys!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: elli
  • committed
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to Everyone::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I just realized it's after midnight so it is officially Mother's Day.

I made it through Saturday - stayed within my calories and drank the water. :drinker: Still can't work in my garden:sad: too wet, water is standing in puddles but the good news is the carrots, beets, lettuce, peppers, okra and a few beans are all coming up,:happy: :happy: I've only been able to plant less than half of the garden due to the weather. I still have lots more to plant so I'm hoping the weather improves, but the forecast isn't looking good for the next week. I can't wait to have fresh tomatoes!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

For right now it's one day at a time - log the food, drink the water and try to walk or use my Gazelle if I can't get in the garden:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a great day!

Nancy:heart:
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    :flowerforyou: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ALL:flowerforyou:

NANCY, THANKS, I AM TRYING THE SMILEY FACES IN THIS POST AND WILL SEE IF IT WORKS FOR ME. GLAD YOU MADE IT THROUGH SATURDAY. YOUR VEGETABLE GARDEN SOUNDS WONDERFUL,I LOVE FRESH VEGGIES. ONE DAY AT A TIME, EACH DAY A VICTORY.

BECKY, THAT'S WHAT LOSING AND MAINTAINING ARE ALL ABOUT, SUBSTITUTION. REPLACE THOSE FATTENING FOODS WITH YOUR OWN VERSION FOR LIFE. I DO MINE WITH 100 CAL MUFFIN,EGG FRIED IN 0 CAL SPRAY BUTTER, 3 SLICES 25 CAL HAM AND 1 LOW FAT OR 1/2 SLICE REG CHEESE. THE WHEAT MUFFIN IS HEALTHIER FOR YOU. EITHER WAY YOU DO IT YOU SAVE CALORIES. AREN'T WE SO SMART?:laugh:

DIANE, .6 IS GOING DOWN AND THE PLATEAU IS BROKEN, BOTH ARE GOOD,SO CONGRATS.
    YOU DID NOT GIVE UP , AS SO MANY DO. WONDERFUL!!

DOOBIE, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP WITH THE SMILEY FACES. APPRECIATE IT. KNOW YOU ARE STILL DOING WELL AND HOPE THE SAME FOR YOUR DAUGHTERS. KEEP US POSTED.

BARB,, YIPPEE:smile: 3LBS, CONGRATS. YOU ARE DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB WITH CALORIES AND EXERCISE. YOU BRING OUT A GOOD POINT ABOUT RESTAURANTS. YOU CAN HAVE IT YOUR WAY BY ASKING. GIRLS, TELL THEM TO PUT SAUCE ON THE SIDE OR HOLD IT. ASK HOW THINGS ARE MADE AND IF THE SAY WITH OIL OR BUTTER, ASK IF IT CAN BE GRILLED OR BROILED.
    I AM SO IN FAVOR OF TRYING ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING FOR YOURSELF. WHEN YOU FIND THINGS THAT ARE RIGHT FOR YOU , IT MAKES IT SO MUCH EASIER TO STICK TO YOUR PLAN.
    BARB, IN YOUR NOTE TO BECKY, YOU SAY "I AM HOPING" CHANGE THAT TO "I KNOW", THAT'S AN ORDER! YOU SURE HAVE LOTS OF PHONE NUMBERS. WHAT ARE CRAISINS? YOUR WALK SOUNDS LIKE A FAIRY TALE. YOU SURE DO WELL WITH THE MILES. FOR YEARS I HAVE PREACHED TO OVER BURDENED WOMEN ABOUT TAKING TIME FOR THEMSELVES. I WAS THAT WAY TOO. HAD A FULL TIME JOB, MAIN CARE TAKER FOR MY MOM AND ALL THE OTHER DUTIES WE WOMEN HAVE. WHO HAD TIME FOR DIET AND EXERCISE? I LOVE THE SAYING.

ELLI, MY MOM TAUGHT ME TO SHARE. YOU MAY HAVE THE TITLE OF THE WISE ONE. EVEN YOUR SO CALLED DAYS OFF SOUND VERY BUSY TO ME. GLAD YOU ENJOYED YOUR SATURDAY AND THAT YOU TALKED WITH YOUR SON.

DID NOT THINK I WOULD HAVE TIME TO POST TODAY, BUT I WOKE UP AROUND 4AM AND STARTED MY DAY REALLY EARLY. I THEN CAME TO COMPUTER TO SEE HOW MY FRIENDS WERE DOING.

WISHING YOU ALL, FOR THE SECOND TIME, A VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

ANNE :flowerforyou:
  • sparkyspal
    sparkyspal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all of you:flowerforyou: Regards too!!
    Just thinking about how fast time goes by...remembering the joys of that first cry of my now 30 year old son..to the dance recital of my toddling daughter 25 years ago.. When did they get to be so old..!! I don't understand how they can be catching up to me in age.. Looking forward someday to grand babies that I can spoil rotten and "give back" just like my mom did. Miles away from all 3 of my kids today but they obviously are not far from me in my mind and heart. How are you lovely ladies planning on celebrating MD?.. I think a round of golf with my sweetheart will work for me. Thanks for being out there ladies.. Pam
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    mothers_day_graphics_16.gif

Hope all have a great Mother's Day

:heart: Kathy
  • committed
    Options
    Anne,

Glad to see your "faces" are working!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hope you have a great day! Noticed you live in FL. My twin daughters live in Orlando and from what they say it is really hot there these days and really need some rain. Wish I could divert some of what we are getting that direction.

All,

No big plans for today hoping my son and daughter-in-law and grandson stop by. My son is a chef and usually when he comes over he whips us up something good to eat although I have to watch him he likes to use lots of butter and cream. He frowns :frown: at my "no fat", "light" "sugar free" supplies, but he has complimented me on how much weight I've lost:smile: . I usually make the desserts and I don't tell him I've cut out a lot of the calories with my substitutions.:devil: He is a dessert hound like I am and so far he hasn't complained that something is different. If the rain stays away today, I'm hoping we can grill out,:bigsmile:

I miss my girls,:sad: I haven't seen them since before Christmas although we stay in touch daily. One of the twins wanted to be a Pastry chef so she moved to Orlando to go to school and has now graduated and has a job she doesn't want to leave. The other twin after two months being over 800 miles away from her sister couldn't stand the separation so she moved to Orlando as well to go to school. They are doing great so I am okay with them being that far away. :happy: They are going to try to come home for a few days in July and I'm definitely looking forward to it.:bigsmile:

Gotta run - I play the piano for church so I've got to get ready so I'm not late.

Hope everyone has a great day:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Nancy:heart:
  • weaklink109
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: HAPPY MOTHERS" DAY:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: to all who qualify!!! and :flowerforyou: HAPPY SUNDAY:flowerforyou: to anyone that doesn't!!(I am in the latter category, so I like to make sure everyone is included.):smile:

This is just a quickie post to share some more GOOD NEWS!! :drinker: :drinker: I decided to tempt fate and weigh today as well as yesterday, since I did my weigh in last week on Sunday, and SURPRISE!! Even though I took a rest day on walking yesterday, I still watched my calories, and I LOST ANOTHER POUND!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: So that makes 4 since last Sunday. AM I happy, you betcha!!:drinker: :drinker:

Won't take time to answer everyone now, but :flowerforyou: ANNE:flowerforyou: --Craisins are dried cranberries. They come in resealable pouches, and in 100 calorie packs. They are an Ocean Spray product, which, I believe is available nationwide. If you are a Costco shopper, they have them up here, so hopefully, everywhere.

Hope everyone has a great day. I just had breakfast with my parents and I am leaving for church in a moment and then to hit the trail for 4 - 6 miles, depending on how much time I have. I am going to see the new Star Trek movie with some friends later today,, so I will sign off by saying....

"LIVE LONG and PROSPER" (If you are not a trekkie, and I am really not, but remember this is a greeting giving in the tv show)

Barb