name one, really random, strange fact about yourself

Options

Replies

• chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ok, if you thought the trypophobia was wierd, I have more ...

I type EVERYTHING in my head (like visualize a keyboard) and count the letters secretly hoping for even numbers (oddly both my first and last names have an even number of letters). In general I prefer even numbers. The radio volume in my car can only be set at denominations of 5. I also add up license plate numbers ... and I believe that I've found a pattern, lol!

Also, in relation to my trypophobia; when I experience it I have to rub my finger tips of my fingers against my finger tip of my thumb in a circular motion (if you can visualize that) it helps to ease the weird sensation that the trigger causes.

Even more strange .... My mother didn't even know about this until this past year and NO ONE but you guys know about my typing, even numbers, radio volume and license plate things.

:blushing:
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I have another!

I do things in multiples of 7. I spray a bottle 7 times, I do something for 7 seconds, I scrub a dish for 7 seconds, etc.

and if I have to go past 7 I dont go up to 14, I start over at 1 and go up to 7.
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    I have never felt more normal.

Edit: I'm totally jerking chains. I can't imagine going through life with most of these quirks. Makes me wonder if there are things that I do without knowing.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I like 7s, I used to exercise in multiples of 7. eg 7 crunches, 14, 21, 28, etc
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    I sleep with a waist clincher on.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I eat the crust around my toast and then I eat the middle.

:)
  • david581c
    Options
    You know that feeling when you put a shirt collar in your mouth? Yeah i hate that too, but enjoy the terrible sensation of tasting the cotton :s
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I looooooove the smell of paper! Whenever I get a new book or a letter in the mail, I put it to my nose and take a big whiff. Additionally, copy paper that has just been run through the printer is de-light-ful! Sometimes I try controlling myself when in public places (i.e. bookstores and such), but there are times when it's a MUST.
  • Wallaby2
    Wallaby2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    So many to choose from?!!! I eat my cereal with a teaspoon and I'm addicted to favorite apps on my IPhone (like MFP & Facebook).
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I like 7s, I used to exercise in multiples of 7. eg 7 crunches, 14, 21, 28, etc

I like 7s too. I'm getting a new apartment soon and was really happy to find out I got number 7!
  • malware15
    malware15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When i fill up my car with gas I have to sit in my car with the door shut. The smell makes me dizzy.

Sometimes when I am driving somewhere that I have been a million times I have a complete mental block and can't remember how to get there. It usually takes about ten seconds of thinking real hard before it clicks.

I will randomly hiccup very loudly and only once.
  • healthyfitglutenfreebug
    Options
    Touching Jewellery and metal things like key rings and coins makes me feel sick
    I try to avoid it at all costs.
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am DEATHLY afraid of The Wizard of Oz.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I will randomly hiccup very loudly and only once.

me too

I can write backwards very well.
  • Addicted2carbs
    Options
    I make candles as one of my many hobbies. :embarassed:

I make candles for a living thats my job...sometimes I wish it was just a hobby its not as easy as it looks :ohwell:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I am a colorblind female.
  • Addicted2carbs
    Options
    if the toilet has just been cleaned either at home or at work, i will flush it 5 times before i use it because i'm scared my pee chemicals and the cleaning product's chemicals will cause the toilet to explode. 5 times is what it takes.

Lol this just made my day too funny :laugh:
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I have OCD intrusive thoughts which cause me to act randomly and intrusively, hoping more would have compassion for me.
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter and mustard sandwiches
  • Addicted2carbs
    Options
    i can only have the volume on the tv on an even number (ex. 12, 14, 16) or numbers that end in 5 (15, 25, etc)
    if i'm at someone's house and they put the volume to let's say 13 or 17 it really bothers me and i keep thinking about it, sometimes i take the remote and change it

omg same here lol