Over 200 new me part 53 (open group)

Options

Replies

• Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Snowflakes, I missed you as well! So glad you are here. Take care of you and the rest will follow!

lildebbie, congrats on day 1. Its the first of many cause nothing taste as good as thin (or sexy) feels!
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    So the water monster is seeming to strike again tonight....Humph....will get at least 8 glasses, anything extra is a bonus.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    lildebbie it is good to see you! I think that we all know how hard it is to find and keep a balance in this journey. But I do better and feel better if my calories, exercise, and water are on target. Good for you for recommitting :-)

shelle your mind set changes as you learn better ways and you start to feel better about yourself. Happy that food is not ruling you.

annasgyal slay the water monster. Eight glasses is great considering I'm not even close today. Water hasn't tasted good the past couple of days (I ususally don't struggle like this) and I know I need it more than ever to help flush this cold away.

Going to go see The Help tonight. Take Care.

Oh ya, has anybody heard from mstahl? She hasn't replyed to my PM. Hope to see momma soon. She has taken a break before and came back when she could. Glad you had contact with her Heather.
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Yesterday was a wonderful day for weightloss. I ate only when hungry and then it was very healthy choices. I am anti-fat right now. Well, not my body but my mind! The only fats I want a day is either through almonds or olive oil and 2 servings!

I drank tons of water and did over 1 hr of working out. I am thankful for waking up to my need to care about my body. :)
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Gals - I'm taking a bit of a break from tracking my food and exercise. I'll still check in here from time to time, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now with the holidays, and not feeling 100%. I just need to take a little time off from focusing on weightloss and hopefully come back renewed in the new year. I'm not 'giving up' ... just taking a breather that will hopefully rejuvinate me.

food: I ate fairly in balance yesterday until bedtime ... I need to get hose darn chex out of the house - I had corn chex with milk for my bedtime snack - way too many carbs
    exercise: I got back to step class this morning for an hour ... it was good, but did hurt my foot.
  • annasgyal
    Options
    Today, I have the water on lock down. I have seen a pound fluctuation in my weight, and i am attributing that to sodium retention. My sodium has been high the past few days, so I am going to see if the water helps.
  • annasgyal
    Options
    today's Check-in:

Calories; Way under....did not eat back no exercise calories
    Water: yes....a whopping 16 glasses
    Exercise: Yes....got two workouts done
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I'm back! Between my project gping live, the holiday, deer hunting, and my project going live... I've. Been a little busy :(

The only.deer I got was a deer tick :(

I'll check back in soon!
  • Shelle68
    Options
    lstpaul... we will miss you! Enjoy your break and come back soon!!!

mstahl.... not good on the deer tic! Sorry to hear you didn't get anything, but welcome back! You have been missed!

annasgyal.... Consistent as usual! Great job!

For me and yesterday 12.07.11

Calories: Way under and ok with that
    Workout: Nope! My 1 of 2 rest days per week. I have to admit though that it was tough NOT working out. That is a good thing I believe!
    Water: Yeppers! Drank it lots!

Proud: Mmmm... I pushed through a time of feeling cravings and didn't not cave to them, ate a small dinner and was done for the night! HUGE accomplishment!
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Weighin .... 242 Huge loss from 250 last week which included lazy efforts and TOM issues.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

It seems that this once dynamic group has dwindled to just a few. Been crazy busy like I'm sure everybody is with getting shopping and baking and all ready to enjoy for the next 3 weeks. Will be visiting family for 5 days be back on Sunday. I haven't logged calories for the past few days, I know I need to be careful.

Keep up the good efforts.

Edit: Shelle you must be thrilled with such a big loss! So happy for you :-)
  • annasgyal
    Options
    Well, I have not seen activity in the group for a while, and it is to be expected because of the holidays, however, I am still here chugging along, and doing what I need to do to get this weight off.
  • Shelle68
    Options
    I am still here. I have been very consumed with a ministry outreach party for the inner city kids in our area and working out. I am trying to not focus on all of the journaling and keep my mind off of food. I am focusing on eating a little something every 2-3 hours and getting the workouts in.

I sure hope others come back though!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Hi Gals! I haven't been on a scale in a couple of weeks - but I know I'm up a little. But I went to step this morning and will hopefully be able to ease back into my good exercise routine since I'm over my cold and my foot is not great but better. We hosted a Christmas party last Sunday from 1:30-8:30 for my husband's family - his parents, siblings and their families and some uncle's & aunts & cousins - 35 people. Wow was that exhausting. If my house hadn't been such a mess it would have been easier - we cleaned for 3 weeks! But it is really nice to have my sunroom/office useable again instead of a junk room, and a clean house. I have been eating poorly ever since the party though ... we did a cookie exchange and I was good and immediately packed up the assorted cookies onto plates to give to my neighbors ... BUT ... I have been sneaking cookies every night from the plates because I haven't gotten them delivered yet. I think I'm going to have to bake some cookies to replenish the plates before I deliver them!

Keep at it girls ... my goal is to stay the same through December, like I said I think I"m up a little but I know with some effort I can get back down again - hopefully by weigh-in on Friday.
  • Shelle68
    Options
    lstpaul - Wow! 35 people! I couldn't never handle that many people in my house. But the good point about it is that it is those times that you get things done in your house that you normally wouldn't. :) And stealing the cookies? LOL! Sounds like you need some light cookie recipes!

I've done good today. Prob ate less than I should have but that was a better choice than all of the goodies that our work had at their party. I opted in for raw veggies only please. Good grief!!!
  • annasgyal
    Options
    35...still stuck on that number. That sure is a lot. I certainly could imagine the exhaustion. Wow.
  • Shelle68
    Options
    Christmas party is behind me and my weighin is 237.6. Ready to take on the new week!!!
  • annasgyal
    Options
    Going through some sort of plateau. I think I need to eat more, and drink more water. I am going to need to increase my water intake, and my caloiric intake, and see how it comes.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Girls, I have been in a terrible slide for the last month and it is really showing on the scale. I'm up even more today than when I weighed in last Friday. I've GOT to get a handle on my eating. One positive - I am easing back into my exercise routine - went to step this morning even though I was really tired.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

OK so we launched a mobile phone project that I basically own the week of Thanksgiving, and the following week I was out Monday and Tuesday for deer season. Then swamped with work - back to the farm Saturday when for the second time I had to pull a little deer tick off my body - then found a third one Sunday morning and this time there was a nice bullseye around it.

The stupid little tiny deer ticks were EVERYWHERE and we'd never seen them at the farm until this summer (we had always thought the nymph stage of the common dog tick was a deer tick). I was having headaches due to stress at work but they got a lot worse along with swollen glands in my neck and swollen joints... I was a mess! The doctor drew blood and put me on antibiotics and since then I've been working 18 hour days and whining about the pain and fatigue and every else plus eating.

I'm up three pounds (not bad considering) haven't been to the gym since Thanksgiving week, and oh yeah - it's Christmas week! OMG HOW does time DO THAT!

So here are my excuses- Holiday food/schedule mess, work is crazy, I have Lymes Disease, and work is crazy.

Here is my plan.
    Get to the gym starting next week (after I catch up on the pile of work I have to do)
    Eat like I mean it (no more fun sized candy bars)
    Wine on Thursdays only
    Take the steps
    1200 calories every damn day no matter what (except Thursdays and Holidays).

I can do this. I've done it before and I'll do it again - I'd rather do it now and enjoy the next few years than drag my fat butt through the next few years, putting off my life.

NOW. IS. THE. TIME.

Oh, and I've missed you all!

(and so far no deer in the freezer *sob*)