Diet Food Obsession - What's yours?

Options

Replies

• ohnogogo
    ohnogogo Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Yuck! I hate better n peanut butter! It tastes so fake! I can't believe no one here has said PB2 or even better chocolate PB2!!! Now that stuff is the best! 45 cals for 2 tablespoons and soooo good!!!

That is too bad you think it tastes fake since it has nothing fake in it. To each his own. I have had PB2 in the past and don't remember much about it that left an impression either way.
  • ohnogogo
    ohnogogo Posts: 110 Member
    Options

What's PB2?

It is powdered peanuts. I looked up my location to see if they sell it near me, I was half thinking i might try it again since I couldn't remember if I liked it or not. Considering the closest places it is sold near me are a few supplement based weight loss clinics and a geriatric medical center I think I am going to pass on giving it a whirl.
  • marilyngrant18
    marilyngrant18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Chobani pineapple yougurt (160 cals/6 oz.) and Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches (140 cals each.) They are both great at satisfying my sweet tooth and desire for ice cream. :happy:
  • guccigirlxx
    Options
    Yoplait Yogurt it has like 50% calcium, and Fiber Plus Bars! ^_^
  • wnluvr
    wnluvr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to an allrecipes recipe for Kale chips..... http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-kale-chips/ (I didn't use parchment paper but mine could have used less oil but maybe I didn't use enough Kale??? Oh and just a tip.... they will soak up salt like crazy so if you salt, salt lightly... :-)
  • marilyngrant18
    marilyngrant18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Animal crackers are also great. You can have a handful of crackers for just over a hundred calories so they tend to satisfy--both taste and portion--especially when paired with tea or water. Also, I like a lot of the 100 calorie pack options. They tend to be more expensive than buying in bulk, but I need the pre=packaged portions for discipline. I am so weak when it comes to snacking. :cry: I can't do it alone.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

Yuck! I hate better n peanut butter! It tastes so fake! I can't believe no one here has said PB2 or even better chocolate PB2!!! Now that stuff is the best! 45 cals for 2 tablespoons and soooo good!!!

That is too bad you think it tastes fake since it has nothing fake in it. To each his own. I have had PB2 in the past and don't remember much about it that left an impression either way.

Nothing fake maybe, but highly processed and too many different kinds of added sugars and starches. Personally I'd rather eat peanut butter that is made of peanuts, than the "lite" versions.
    But hey, if it works for you - we each have to find the foods that suit our taste and budget and calories.
  • Acatlett77
    Options
    Turkey Meatballs are so good! I've been obsessed with hummus lately...MMM

Me too!!! My favorite is spinach artichoke with roasted garlic triscuits! YUMMY!!!
  • Kirabelly
    Options
    weight watcher's dark chocolate raspberry bars

edy's no sugar added fruit bars (25 cal each)

unsweetened almond milk (35 calories compared to 1% milk's 110!!!!)
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options

I just didn't like the texture of better n peanut butter. It was a bit more sticky than thick and creamy to me. But if it works for you then cool!
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter...on a spoon.

I sooo do this too. Also Nutella and vegimite.
  • Pebble321
    Options
    Peanut butter...on a spoon.

I sooo do this too. Also Nutella and vegimite.

Vegemite on a spoon??? Oooh, I couldn't do that!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Wrigley's sugar free gum. Amazing taste! Only 5 calories a piece. Unbelievable variety and flavors: Sweet Watermelon, Key Lime Pie, Apple Pie, Chocolate Chip Mint... just to name a few. But stay away from the ones labeled "React." Too bazaar. But the mints and fruits are awesome!
  • seaponie
    seaponie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, Peach Cobbler flavor

I'm so glad other people know about that flavor! That is my all-time favorite :D When I lived in Connecticut, I could rarely find that flavor. But when I moved to Ohio last month, I keeled over when I saw that practically every grocery store carries it. It's like stumbling upon the Bovine Treat Holy Land! ^_^

How the heck is this a diet food???
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    ha, i probably posted here before, but just in case, and of course, it may have changed....the processed cheese wedges like laughing cow or sonoma. Yes they are processed and technically "junk", however, i was born and raised on cheese and they allowed me to kick the habit and fill the once in a while craving i have. Love them for the way they can spruce up an apple or pear ;-)

Fage yogurt with fruit. I can't eat any other yogurt now, it just has the perfect texture and balance of tart, without being overly so. Love it!

Promax nutty peanut butter protien bars - 31g of protien helps me at least get a good shot of protien in the morning!
  • andreacord
    Options
    The chickenless chicken burgers by Yves .. I'm a college girl so its lazy protein. Tilapia .. again lazy protein, canned tuna, Graham crackers, cucumber, tzatziki dip, "thin" style bagels and reduced fat strawberry cream cheese, the special K fruit crisps, instant oatmeal packets, clif bars, skinny cow ice cream cups. chicken noodle soup, and torani sugar free syrup for coffee.. Sorry went on a little too long.:laugh:
  • Pebble321
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, Peach Cobbler flavor

I'm so glad other people know about that flavor! That is my all-time favorite :D When I lived in Connecticut, I could rarely find that flavor. But when I moved to Ohio last month, I keeled over when I saw that practically every grocery store carries it. It's like stumbling upon the Bovine Treat Holy Land! ^_^

How the heck is this a diet food???

I guess it depends on your definition of a diet... it doesn't have to mean it's calorie free, but that you do have to watch the portion size and count the cals.
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    Frozen Blueberries!
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    Lara bars and those steam-in-the-bag veggies. I eat an entire bag of those at lunch, and usually a second bag at dinner! LOVE steamed veggies!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    homemade smoothies with unsweetened coconut milk and lots of sweet organic fruits and organic baby spinach (sometimes, it makes a strange color when mixed with strawberries so I like it best with mango) and organic raw protein powder:heart: