Why ruin a good piece of meat?

Options

Replies

• persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I used to be well done too as my mams a 'burnt it' type but I wouldn't waste a cows life by cooking it like that! I like mine medium, not too bloody so that it tastes like a period but still nice and pink and juicy.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I do believe that a perfectly cooked medium rare steak is beautiful but not for me. I don't like the texture or the taste of what I consider undercooked meat.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Moo.
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    medium rare...
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    not too bloody so that it tastes like a period.
    I think I just puked in my mouth a little bit.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of blood, so a true medium usually works well for me. (Still pink and juicy, but lacking that metallic blood taste.)
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Before I had my kids I liked my steaks rare to medium rare... Somehow I developed a taste for them medium-well or well while I was pregnant and I never went back to rare.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My wife hates when I order a good piece of meat;
    Server-How would you like that cooked
    Me-Not
    Server-Excuse me?
    Me-Pick up the tail wipe the butt, pin the thing down and bring it to me, do not worry if it gets up and runs away once it gets here I will still pay for it.
    Server-So with a little pink in it?
    Me-Alot of red

Actually had a server get their manager because they did not think they could meet my request
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Sorry lol I realised after I typed that that I probably just put everyone off their dinner
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Medium rare! Had a great one last night as a matter of fact. Really, just warm in the middle. I like the outside a little crispy. My hubby is the only one who cooks them the way I like. :)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    If you're going to overcook it you may as well be eating lunch meat out of a tub. Steak is supposed to be pink inside.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

Sorry lol I realised after I typed that that I probably just put everyone off their dinner
    Oh, it was funny... gross, but funny.
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    I like it rare enough that a good vet could still save it. :happy:
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hot, but bloody.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    on the rare side of medium rare
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Rare to Medium Rare, depending on the cut.

On a side note:
    I once went on a date with a woman and suggested a local steak house for dinner. She agreed and when we got there we found that they had a minimum of a 45 minute wait. She said she didn't mind waiting, so we went to the bar for drinks. Then when they finally called us to a table, sat us down and handed us our menu's (one hour later) she proceeded tell me that she was a vegetarian and doesn't eat red meat!!! WTF?!?!? Why didn't she mention that when I suggested STEAK for dinner? I was so pissed off, that I ordered a Filet Rare and really enjoyed the looks of disgust she gave me while I mopped up the juices with my bread. Needless to say, this was the first and last time we ever went out.

BTW: I didn't necessarily mind that she was a vegetarian, but she could have said something earlier... Like BEFORE we waited an hour for steak.
  • VicNeumann
    Options
    A Good seasoned Porter House, Ribeye or New York~ Medium Rare always does the trick for me...Now Steak Tartar on the other hand..(basically fine steak ground raw & seasoned with onion, salt , pepper an Garlic~then spread on crusty toast) DELICIOUS! Must be a Euro thing : )
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I like pink, so I order medium rare!

I need to grow up! :) and I like it medium rare Costco New York Strip .. FANTASTIC!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Rare plus. I also recently discovered that I quite like Frakke which is raw ground meat mixed with gritty bulgur wheat and arabic spices so delicious drizzled with EVOO and scooped up with a nice piece of pita. Before anyone has a fit about the dangers of eating raw hamburger, I would NEVER eat raw hamburger. This is raw ground meat where you select the cut of meat from the butcher. We even tell our butcher that we're going to eat the meat raw and so he cuts off the outsides of the meat before grinding just in case they have some contamination and he grinds it in front of your eyes so you know what exactly is in it and it's not all contaminated with who knows what.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I like mine very very well done. No pink. Nearly ashy on the outside. If it's even tinted pink or still moist I won't eat it. I really had to bite my tongue and censor my answer to this question.