Options
    All that matters is that you are back.. :smokin: :smokin:

We love you Amanda - hang in there.. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Janie

Dup! :heart: :heart:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I've been such a bad team member the second half of this challenge. I'm sorry guys. I've pretty much stayed the same weight. I haven't been working at losing, bc life has been just so busy with us. Those of you sticking with it are doing so great. Good job to all of you.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some of us are here (from Banks' great post on expectations, which I just bumped http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Phase 4. Really digging in.
    This is where the second wall can happen. You're probably at between 3 and 4 months by now, and if you have gone this far, you feel like you have already succeeded. This is where many people stumble. they are tired of the routine, tired of eating different things from all their friends, limiting their alcohol intake. Basically the shine has worn off. this is when your really need to plant your feet. Maybe change up your exercise routine, make a concentrated effort to find different, but still nutritional food. Talk to people. And examine how far you have come. At this point, no matter how much external motivation you receive, it's all about believing in yourself!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I've been stumbling ... letting myself down and letting you all down. I'm sorry! I know I'm emotional eating because I'm having the hardest time dealing with the fact that my baby is going to college next year and I'm going to be here by myself for long periods of time. I'm stressed about my hubby's health with diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure ... his blood sugar is all over the place even though he is working really hard to keep it under control. I watched my dad die slowly of diabetic complications and frankly the future with that is pretty scary. I'm frustrated because I'm so busy but I either can't or don't want to get rid of anything in my schedule.

The thing is ... I KNOW eating doesn't fix anything ... I feel better while I'm eating but then I immediately feel upset with myself. All I can do is keep trying... I'm thankful for this team and for being able to read & get encouraged, even when I'm not posting because I'm disgusted with my behavior or just because I'm too busy. When I post I want to catch up & say something to everybody but I just can't because of how much time it takes ... and this makes me feel sad...

Thanks for listening to me ramble ... I really, really :heart: :heart: :heart: my Black Team!

Tresa
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    thanks for the reminder tresa - I needed that

Hang in there, you too will get through this. One thing I have just started doing to keep my hands busy at night or in the afternoon (my trigger times for stress eating) is to post and lurk on the posts here at MFP. There are a couple of posts that are just for fun - no drama and no advise seeking (stay away from these at all costs - they are poison) - I always get a laugh out of what is posted.. You could try this, or just getting out for a walk.

Sounds trite, I know, but it does work sometimes.

Good luck with your husbands health. That is a bad combination. Most of my family struggles with Type II Diabetes, so I know what you are going through. The up and down with blood sugar is scary - if he is not already on some kind of medication, and is doing all he can with his diet and activity levels, it might be time to try something. They have pills now (you probably already know all this), so it is not all about the insulin shots anymore..

Hang in there my friend - the rainbow is coming.. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Janie
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Just wanted to say I still love you guys! :heart:

And we still love you. lol :drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Good morning everyone:flowerforyou: I am all for and soooo "in" on some more weeks of the Black Team. I truly dont want to see it come to an end. Everyone is so supportive and helpful, I dont want that to end:cry: Maybe we can do something so that Sam gets a break from all the work shes done for us? Thats IF she wants a break, of course:blushing:
    I hope everyone had a great weigh in today. We've all worked so hard and come so far, its truly amazing:heart: We're a great team guys, admit it:happy:
    Great challenge this week Sam. I will give it my all, you can count on that:drinker:
    ~Roni

I'm with Marla! Awesome ticker action this week! stop beating me dang it! lol Wtg on hitting 90 pounds I am so proud to be your teammate!

:drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Good morning gang..

I had a horrible weigh in this morning (Sam, coming soon), so this weeks challenge is very important to me. Initially, I thought I would just bag it and call a "vacation" week from the scale, but the truth is, I need to take accountability for this one. I know, I was at a funeral most of the week, and surrounded by comfort food and no real way to work out, but ultimately, I am responsible for what goes in my mouth and what does not happen with my feet, legs and rest of my body. The weather was good, I could have walked.

I am not beating myself up - that would be pointless, but I am re-dedicating myself to the challenge. I want to lose the lbs I gained this week by next weigh in. I will be counting everything, I will be exercising at least 30 min every day - abs, planks are my friend. I will drink tons of water and the scale will reward me next Weds.

Hi Marla - glad you are feeling better (#17)

Happy Weds all...

Janie

Dont be so hard on yourself Janie! It's not an easy thing to go through. No worries. this weeks is not only the end of one biggest loser challenge, but the beginning of a new one!

:flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    I've been such a bad team member the second half of this challenge. I'm sorry guys. I've pretty much stayed the same weight. I haven't been working at losing, bc life has been just so busy with us. Those of you sticking with it are doing so great. Good job to all of you.

Hey Anna,

Since your beating up on yourself a bit I hope you dont mind if I point out that you havnt gained a single pound back. Maybe you shouldnt be so hard of yourself. Maintaining the loss you've had while your life has been so busy is a great accomplishment. I for one am glad your on our team and proud of you for "pretty much staying the same weight."

:wink:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Don't beat yourself up...it's pretty damn impressive that you've managed to maintain!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Honey I've lost 1 lb in 2 months I think!! My new job has kicked my butt to the curb as far as weightloss, so don't feel bad.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    our totals are up!

Today was my off day lets hope I can kick my own butt this week! I need to truelly ump start my weight loss again. I want to be at 170 or lower before we go to NY. I'm on my way but it's taking so long.

Anna you are welcome back any time you want.

Lynnie we want you to come back too. I stayed at 179 for like 6 weeks. Don't feel bad at least you lost that pound.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    our totals are up!

Today was my off day lets hope I can kick my own butt this week! I need to truelly ump start my weight loss again. I want to be at 170 or lower before we go to NY. I'm on my way but it's taking so long.

Lynnie we want you to come back too. I stayed at 179 for like 6 weeks. Don't feel bad at least you lost that pound.

Helloooo? Anybody remember the plateau from hell over here?

I only got a 10 lb bump from my surgery-- total cheating.

We'll see if the plateau comes back home to roost, or if I can keep the weight loss going--

Heading out for a rainy run-- it's coming down, but I had a few too many ziti noodles :grumble: and now have to go-- have a great night, all y'all.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    our totals are up!

We'll see if the plateau comes back home to roost, or if I can keep the weight loss going--

Heading out for a rainy run-- it's coming down, but I had a few too many ziti noodles :grumble: and now have to go-- have a great night, all y'all.

I had a rainy run too...it started after I'd gotten to the park and started running. Figured I would just keep going rather than turn around, and I actually really enjoyed it.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    our totals are up!

I had a rainy run too...it started after I'd gotten to the park and started running. Figured I would just keep going rather than turn around, and I actually really enjoyed it.

Me too, last night-- it's so thrilling, isn't it, to enjoy running at all, but especially in the rain???

Go, Shuntae!!!!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    our totals are up!

Me too, last night-- it's so thrilling, isn't it, to enjoy running at all, but especially in the rain???

Go, Shuntae!!!!!!

Guess that makes it official...I am one of those "crazy runners!"
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

I agree,

Your not going anywhere lady! We need you on this team!

:flowerforyou:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Awww I :heart: you guys!!! I'm losing inches just not weight right now.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    our totals are up!

Not cheating at all! I wouldnt worry about plateau's your a runner now and I don't know no chunky runners.

lol:flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Just peeked at the results and I wanna send a big shout out to my girl Roni!

Your are incredible! You keep me moving and have been such a motivator. The non competetive side of me is sooooooooo proud of you! How's your son doing? he still following in your foot steps?

Flower for you! :flowerforyou:

Ok now to the competetive side....
    Top three percentage weight loss for the entire challenge
    Spyguy7540- 20.21%
    Nonibug-18.67%
    Tattoo_pauly-16.79%

Roni and Dave,

Last week kids. Catch me if you can! lol :wink:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Just did week 8 day one of c25k. It's surreal. I still can't believe I am running like this and it's not killing me. Thanks so much guys. We have come so far and I know its because of the support I have found with this team!

Have a great night all.:drinker: