How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    E-Harmony- matched Christmas day 2009, first date Jan 31, 2009, engaged April 23, 2009, married Dec 19, 2009- been married two wonderful years!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    His best friend messaged me on myspace in hopes of hooking up with me. One day while chatting with his friend, he went to go work on a car in the garage, they had a computer in the garage. My SO sat at the computer and started talking to me. We exchanged numbers, he was more fun to talk to!
    We hung out a few times, he was in a serious relationship at the time, we stopped talking to each other (no real reason for that) then a couple weeks ago we started talking to each other again and just got comfortable. :)
  • Soon2BeMrsThomson
    Options
    At the sofa shop where I worked at the time - he said it was the most expensive sofa he'd ever bought - cheeky! Met Oct 2007, first date 23rd December 2007, engaged September 2009 and getting married July 2012!!
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I first knew of him in hight school, He was 18 and my brother's friend and I was 15 (and he didn't know I was alive). I had the biggest crush on him. Then, 10 years later, we met on LavaLIfe.com. He was my only date from there. We've been married for almost 8 years.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I love all of these stories.

I met my guy on MySpace, technically. But my good friend is his sister, she told me he read a blog I wrote about my youngest daughters first day of school and was instantly drawn to me and thought my pic was beautiful. So I messaged him and we met about 2 weeks later, after talking on the phone all that time. That was 4 years ago.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    online but he would never admit that to anyone.....so the story goes it was at the airport on the same business flight.... met in May of 09, married Sept 09, and two years+ and a beautiful little girl later, we are still very much in love and going strong :heart: He is a great man and I am so lucky :flowerforyou:
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    at a party... in a barn.

He stole my beer.

Getting married in 5 months.
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    He likes to say, "We met in a sleazy hotel room in Shreveport, LA. It was love at first drunk." (Although, I wasn't drinking)

I met mine at the Independence Bowl in 2001. (The kick was good, darn-it!) I was marching with the ISUCF'V'MB (Iowa State) and he marched for the Million Dollar Band (BAMA). He threw a party at his hotel and invited some of the guys in my band over. I went to make sure they would get home before rehearsal the next morning. I gave him my IM name and started talking over that and the phone as soon as I got back to campus. We were long distance up until we got married in August 2003.

The funny thing is, neither of us wanted to go to that bowl game, but decided last minute to go. I guess we were just meant to be.

He bought me tickets for the Independence Bowl this year to celebrate our 10 year anniversary! It was going to be a surprise on Christmas, but he thought he should let me know now. I wasn't expecting it at all. Love that man o' mine!
  • wackynunu
    Options
    A friend of mine worked with him and invited him to go out with us one night. That was 17 years ago. :) Making our relationship work is our biggest accomplishment. I hasn't been easy, but I am so happy we stuck together.
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow great stories!

I actually met my husband by simple click on ICQ (it was a messaging system that was popular a long time ago....don't even know if it is still around actually). I had just signed up for it and it asked if you would like to find friends who shared mutual interests and he popped up along with others. He happened to be online and we started talking and here we are almost 13 years later. He was in Canada so we chatted/visited back and forth for almost six years before we were married. We will be married 7 years in January.

Crazy how life happens!
  • tracysway
    tracysway Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jnissi
    jnissi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump... well actually I was trying to post what I just posted below, but I can't figure out how to delete a messed up post so : bump :laugh:
  • jnissi
    jnissi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We have been in the same school and church since I was 5 and he was 6. I didn't even know he existed beyond a face until 10th grade. We became good friends in 11th grade and at that point my parents let me know I could hang out with him over their DEAD BODIES. So.... a year later, right after I graduated, I jumped out of my bedroom window and we eloped. We have been married for 11.5 years. =)

wow, great story..

Thanks! We love our story, but I am not sure how it is going to go over when the kids are teens and we are trying to tell them to behave. LOL
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend through MFP. He posted on a thread that I used to post on frequently. We became friends and there was mutual interest. We talked on facebook chat, then progressed to phone calls... He visited me here over the summer and then I went to him for Thanksgiving. Unfortunately we live across the country (he's in TX, I'm in NJ) but we're discussing fixing the long-distance thing :)
  • mzkynd
    mzkynd Posts: 63
    Options
    We worked together and he was looking for a home for MY dog ( I tease him that he had to get a wife so he could keep Ozzy) My landlord said no pets so we talked and decided to share a house ( strictly platonic is what we thought, THAT lasted a day!) Been together 4 years and married for six months. <3 my honey! ( almost as much as the dog:bigsmile: ) j/k
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Match dot com
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    In the gift shop at a hotel. Love at first sight for us both. Married 29 years now.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    In High School......he used to work in a feed store a block from my house. I didn't drive yet so every day after school he would be at work and I would have to walk past on my way home. I knew he watched me every day so one day I walked in and introduced myself. He turned beet red and was so embarrassed! I knew that day I would marry him. A few months later he asked me to be his girlfriend. We dated from my Sophmore year of High School until I graduated in 1997. He propsed to me on New Year's eve/day 1998 and we were married in October 1998.....still get butterflies in my belly thinking about the day I introduced myself and the first time he touched my arm in the hall at school to say hi to me! It really was a true case of love at first sight!

Been married 13 years and counting even after almost everyone told us we would never last!
  • JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had first met my now husband when I was 12 and he was 14 through my cousin. My hubby was in a play and my cousin brought me with him to go see it. Fast forward 5 years, meet his brother and then "met" him again. We have been together 11 years, married for 5! Love of my life!!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options

I met mine at the Independence Bowl in 2001. (The kick was good, darn-it!) I was marching with the ISUCF'V'MB (Iowa State) and he marched for the Million Dollar Band (BAMA).

Roll Tide!! ;)

According to the commercials I hear on the radio these days, 1 out of every 4 couples met online. Well, don't know how true that is, but that's where I met my bride ... on a site called ChristianCafe.com. I had actually let my membership lapse, but I kept getting email notifications that I had a new message. Finally I caved and signed up for one additional month ... but of course, by the time I renewed, she was no longer an active member. Nevertheless, I responded to her message and then, shortly after that, the site offered a free 3-day membership (they do that quite frequently). She came back during those three days, got the message I had sent her, and since I was a paying member at the time, I was able to send her my personal email address ... one year later and we were married! :)