What's in your crockpot right now?

Options

Replies

• tillmanlady
    tillmanlady Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have bonless/skinless chicken breast with chicken broth. We will be having it with wild rice, peas and corn for supper:happy:

This sounds DELICIOUS!!! Mark my words, this will be the next thing I make in my crockpot. How long do you let yours cook for?

This does sound yummy...
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Some steel cut oats.

Add them to the crock pot with correct water levels. Some time I throw in some raisins or sliced almonds.

Cook about 4 - 6 hours on med/low heat. (can be done overnight)

After they finish, I scoop 1/2 cup of cooked oats onto a foil covered cookie sheet. (I usually spray with no stick spray) I freeze the "cookies".

Once they are frozen, I pop them off foil, and place in a large zip bag in the freezer.

Then during the week, put a cookie in a bowl, microwave for about 2 minutes. Add in sweeter, fruit, protein powder, or whatever you like - and breakfast is served.

I like to add my extras later, because my tastes change from day to day. Somedays I add in peanut butter, or PB2 powder, some I may add protein powder, some I add fruit or nuts. I also add in different sweeteners, honey, or Splenda white or splenda brown sugar blends - depending on my preference.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Nothing today, but over the weekend I made brisket with onion gravy, courtesy of eatingwell.com. I made mashed cauliflower and sauteed spinach with garlic on the side. So good! Even the leftovers were awesome last night.
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    15 Bean Soup

Soak the beans overnight.
    Place in crockpot.. Fill with water to cover the beans.
    Add 2 cans of diced tomatoes (your preference, this time I used fire roated)
    I cut up a smoked sausage and put it in there also...

Cook on low for 6-8 hours... Super filling, and cheap.
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Tonight: Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup. YUM!
  • LovelyMumOf2
    Options
    My boys (boyfriend and our son) are both sick, and my boyfriend is still busting his *kitten* at work and suffering! He requested some chicken soup, so chicken noodle soup we shall have!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Meatball Stew right now, it's a new recipe, never tried it so we shall see if it's any good! My husband is at home and I just called and he said it smells really good.
  • blueyegirl0712
    blueyegirl0712 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just got a crockpot for my bday! I can't wait to use it!
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options

That sounds yummy. Care to share the recipe?
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options

That sounds yummy. Care to share the recipe?

It is delicious!! It is here on my blog if you want to see pictures: http://healthyeatinginabusylife.blogspot.com/2011/12/creamy-chicken-wild-rice-soup.html

8 oz. chicken breast, cooked and shredded
    1 can cooked wild rice (equivalent to 2 cups)
    1 medium onion
    2 large carrots, sliced thinly
    2 stalks celery, diced
    3 chicken bullion cubes
    1 can cream of potato soup
    4 cups water
    6 oz. fat free cream cheese
    1/4 cup fat free sour cream
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    4 strips turkey bacon, optional

Combine all ingredients, besides the bacon in a crockpot. Set on high for about 5 hours, stirring often. If desired, cook bacon and crumble on top before serving.

Will make about 10 servings at 1 cup per serving
    Approximate Nutrition Information
    Serving Size: 1 cup
    Calories: 103; Carbs: 14; Fat: 1; Protein: 9; Sodium: 968; Fiber: 2
    *Sodium is a big high so if you want to cut that back, use let chicken bullion cubes*
  • DestinationFitnessChick
    Options
    I made sweet potato and chicken stew earlier in the week..........yummo!!!
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made red beans with smoked turkey sausage in my crock pot. Served with rice, green beans, corn bread, and grapes. Soooo delicious :)
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Omg, last night I made the worst crockpot meal in my life. It was a recipe from Family Circle magazine. It was chicken, broccoli, and cheese casserole. Everything about it was wrong. It called for a diced onion which overpowered the whole dish. The cheese broke down and the whole thing just tasted nasty. I wouldn't even feed it to my family. The kids ate chicken nuggets and we ate leftovers. I've never made something this awful before. I hate that I wasted food. I put it in my fridge hoping I can rescue it somehow but I just don't see how. But stay away from that recipe!
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Pork with chinese style rib sauce, been cooking for 8 hrs, going to shred it and wrap it with spring onions and cucumber in tortilla wraps.

Recipe please!
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    yesterday I made Chicken Taco Chili
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bump.
    I'm always looking for good crockpot recipes :)
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Super easy: Greek- Style Lemon Roast Chicken

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/greek-style-lemon-roast-chicken-63162.aspx

Recipe says oven but I put in crock pot.
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Bump....nothing is in mine at the moment but these sound yummy and will be trying some of them!!!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Chili
  • mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Pork roast and black beans and it smells DELICIOUS! :)