RED TEAM WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    I change up my breakfast. Sometimes I just eat left overs, usually I est instant oatmeal with a cup of milk in it instead of water, or a thing of yogurt with a glass of milk.
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    I know that feeling...you just have to learn to let her sayings take the backseat and you take control of your life. Instead of focusing on her and all of her negatives, find something positive anywhere and smile about that. Go for a walk, listen to some music, pick up a book to read, those activities usually help me calm down, and most keeps me away from the kitchen so I'm not attempted to stuff my face.

Yeah I'm qouting this post

"man o man i fill like giving up... me and my mom just got into it badly... me and he never got along for aslong as i remember... and for that is the reason i moved out at 15 1/2 to live with my gma... with all the beatings and telling me im never going to be anything is finally hitting me... all my life she has told me i was never going to amount to ****... i feel like binging and eating everything in sight but thats the reason why i am at this point in the first place... i think im just going to go to the gym when i calm down... im just happy for a couple of months she wont be apart of my life..."

I hit reply instead of quote lol. I'm doing goood today xD
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome ever4green to the red team!!!
    here is our first week weigh in
    hurleycutie142 170.0
    andrea09 264.4
    deb03 207
    jomane81 159
    jlhcrh3 290
    crosstitcher0563 201
    nevermorex 180
    tofuheart 188
    Laura021967 247
    jmanning 151.5
    jrreynolds 220
    JustAnotherGirl 163
    ever4green 147
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    OMG, Ladies! I can see I'm going to have to check this several times a day to keep up with you all! I'm glad to see so many members, though! Yay red team!!!

-I'm doing terrible on my water intake. I don't think I drink 8 cups a day of ANY liquid! So it's really hard to do with water... :sad:

-I try hard every day to be a morning person. it's helped me more that my hubby has to be at work way earlier than me so I try to get up and see him before he leaves, and now I really miss the extra time I have to myself in the mornings when I keep hitting that stupid snooze...
    Anyway, my breakfast WAS an oatmeal packet (of any flavor, they're only like 120 cals and pretty filling), and a hard boiled egg if I had any in the fridge.
    As of yesterday, I started making Smoothies. The one I make is a specific recipe I found in Women's health mag. I can post the recipe if you're interested, but I'm at work right now, so it's not in front of me! :) It is delicious & I can absolutely see the results as far as increased energy, but the milk/yogurt/fruit combo in the morning was a little much for me, so I added a piece of toast on the side to help settle the ol' tummy.

-Next week's challenge...I noticed there's another group that exists each month just supporting each other on no late night snacking. (each member decides what "late night" means for her) is that a common problem for us?? I know I love a good snack right before bed... :blushing:

i agree i tend to eat a lot at night.. im down for the challenge and ill do the water one too...

im not doing to good with the water today... i was downing them yesterday but today it showed at the gym that i didnt have a lot of water in me... and i gave into the soda that was looking at me in the fridge... i only drank like 3 gulps though but i almost didnt stop! it was soo good though!! i have been a biznotch without my caffeine so i feel better after that! lol...

i would love the recipee... i need anything that will give me more energy..

and ive been taking this hydroxycut detox thing and omg dont go anywhere!! i feel like dying my stomach hurts... lol
  • andrea09
    andrea09 Posts: 124
    Options
    OMG, Ladies! I can see I'm going to have to check this several times a day to keep up with you all! I'm glad to see so many members, though! Yay red team!!!

-I'm doing terrible on my water intake. I don't think I drink 8 cups a day of ANY liquid! So it's really hard to do with water... :sad:

-I try hard every day to be a morning person. it's helped me more that my hubby has to be at work way earlier than me so I try to get up and see him before he leaves, and now I really miss the extra time I have to myself in the mornings when I keep hitting that stupid snooze...
    Anyway, my breakfast WAS an oatmeal packet (of any flavor, they're only like 120 cals and pretty filling), and a hard boiled egg if I had any in the fridge.
    As of yesterday, I started making Smoothies. The one I make is a specific recipe I found in Women's health mag. I can post the recipe if you're interested, but I'm at work right now, so it's not in front of me! :) It is delicious & I can absolutely see the results as far as increased energy, but the milk/yogurt/fruit combo in the morning was a little much for me, so I added a piece of toast on the side to help settle the ol' tummy.

-Next week's challenge...I noticed there's another group that exists each month just supporting each other on no late night snacking. (each member decides what "late night" means for her) is that a common problem for us?? I know I love a good snack right before bed... :blushing:

i agree i tend to eat a lot at night.. im down for the challenge and ill do the water one too...

im not doing to good with the water today... i was downing them yesterday but today it showed at the gym that i didnt have a lot of water in me... and i gave into the soda that was looking at me in the fridge... i only drank like 3 gulps though but i almost didnt stop! it was soo good though!! i have been a biznotch without my caffeine so i feel better after that! lol...

and ive been taking this hydroxycut detox thing and omg dont go anywhere!! i feel like dying my stomach hurts... lol

Yikes on the detox effects! I have really never tried any of those. Do they really work?

Smoothies sound really good. I would love the recipe as well to try out. Oh I have a huge issue with late night eating. Like right now I am working some extra hours from home and the snacks are calling my name. LOL! I think that is a great challange for next week.

Well break time over..better get back to work....ugggg!
  • hurleycutie142
    Options

Yikes on the detox effects! I have really never tried any of those. Do they really work?

Smoothies sound really good. I would love the recipe as well to try out. Oh I have a huge issue with late night eating. Like right now I am working some extra hours from home and the snacks are calling my name. LOL! I think that is a great challange for next week.

umm well this one isnt working well... i mean i feel my stomach hurt more then im letting go if u know what i mean... but i have only taking 2 of the 14... so maybe it is working and im not giving it a chance but at the gym i thought i was going to jog one step and it was just going to come out... lol im glad it didnt... so i didnt really work out as much as i wanted to... but its so hot here i think that a good work out is running around cleaning... im sweating just typing lol...
  • hurleycutie142
    Options

umm well this one isnt working well... i mean i feel my stomach hurt more then im letting go if u know what i mean... but i have only taking 2 of the 14... so maybe it is working and im not giving it a chance but at the gym i thought i was going to jog one step and it was just going to come out... lol im glad it didnt... so i didnt really work out as much as i wanted to... but its so hot here i think that a good work out is running around cleaning... im sweating just typing lol...
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Man! i've missed so much since i went out this evening. (got some new tennis shoes! yay!!)

I'm sorry to hear about you and your mother! but don't binge! not only will that slow weight loss, but mixed with the detox things, it will probably make your tummy even worse!! we are here for you!! not just for the physical part of losing weight, but all the emotional turmoil too!!

Also, I would like that smoothie recipe...i can't see now (and i have a terrible memory) who said they had one from a magazine, but please post!

So, i did today's challenge quite well again! it was difficult though, because the constant peeing hit while i was shopping...

I also saw in another forum where one of their challenges was not eating anything after 3 hours before they go to sleep. so we can do that sometime! that is the same as late night snacking i guess, lol.

good luck everyone!

and to the person having trouble drinking the water....keep on trying! if it were easy, it wouldn't be a challenge! lol. you can do it!
  • andrea09
    Options
    I am not sure if I want to try one now. I dont think I want that feeling that "something" could come out at any given moment. It is kinda like that drug Alli. Says it cause some interesting side effects. There is no way I am going to have something like that that happen to me. Although I guess there are the perks of working from home. LOL! Close to the bathroom and possibly a change of pants. :laugh:
    Wow sounds like it is pretty warm. It is still freezing cold here.... I think it got up to 64. Heat wave for us woo hoo... lol...
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    I am not sure if I want to try one now. I dont think I want that feeling that "something" could come out at any given moment. It is kinda like that drug Alli. Says it cause some interesting side effects. There is no way I am going to have something like that that happen to me. Although I guess there are the perks of working from home. LOL! Close to the bathroom and possibly a change of pants. :laugh:
    Wow sounds like it is pretty warm. It is still freezing cold here.... I think it got up to 64. Heat wave for us woo hoo... lol...

with everything i've heard about Alli, you have to avoid fats! the fats are what make you have the stomach problems...lol. people think they can take stuff like that without changing their diet, and thats what causes them to have those problems, lol.
  • hurleycutie142
    Options

with everything i've heard about Alli, you have to avoid fats! the fats are what make you have the stomach problems...lol. people think they can take stuff like that without changing their diet, and thats what causes them to have those problems, lol.

lol so i shouldnt eat a double cheese burger with my pills.. dang! lol
  • jlhcrh3
    Options

lol so i shouldnt eat a double cheese burger with my pills.. dang! lol

not unless you really want to mess your pants LOL :laugh:
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    lol its okay these are old anyways give me an excuse to buy a new pair lol jp
  • jmanning
    jmanning Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for letting me in!! I really haven't been drinking all the suggested water so that's a great choice for a first challenge.
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    :yawn: i am so tired.
    i tried doing the other workout disc.
    i only made it halfway through:sad:
    but at least i did the other one earlier today!
    i have also committed to going on a walk in the morning with my mom (weather permitting).
    i hope all this exercise pays off...! lol.
    it's about time to go to bed, especially if i'm going to get up early:ohwell: lol
    good luck everyone!
  • jomane81
    jomane81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    "Belly-Trimming Tropical Smoothie"
    1/2 c 1% milk
    2 Tbsp low-fat yogurt
    1/4 c. frozen orange juice concentrate
    1/2 banana
    1/4 cup whole strawberries (i use frozen ones)
    1/2 c. cubed mango (i use frozen ones)
    2 tsp vanilla whey protein powder
    3 ice cubes
    -makes 2 servings
    -153 cals per serving (i entered it in the food database yesterday as "Ab's Diet Tropical Smoothie" if you try it and need to add it to your food diary!)

Random side note, does anyone else think the hunger monster on the weight watchers commercials is just ADORABLE? everytime that commercial comes on, i think "why would I run away from him! he's so cuddly!" :laugh:
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    Thanks! Do you know what the difference would be if 2% milk was used?

and yes, the hunger thing is really cute!

also, my own random side note...your cat is cute! looks like my kitty : )
  • jomane81
    jomane81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think it's just like 5 more calories to change to 2%. (per serving)

thanks! she likes to show off for the camera...

176744.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    Oh man. Well today started off interesting. after about *maybe* 4 hours of sleep, i awoke to what sounded like my house crashing down on me. Don't worry...it was just thunder. lol. It was POURING. Luckily, right before the time mom and i had decided to go for a walk, it stopped raining. And while we were walking, the sun came out! We had a good walk! almost 2 miles! I am SO tired though. I live in a very hilly area, so it was 2 miles of up and down hills...now there are muscles in my legs twitching. lol. well i had a good breakfast of oatmeal and turkey bacon, and that good walk. But i'm concerned about my sleep. i have either barely slept or not slept well the past three nights...any suggestions? i need to do something, otherwise i'm afraid it will really affect all my weight-loss attempts...

good luck everyone! (time to start chugging water!!)
  • andrea09
    Options
    Oh man. Well today started off interesting. after about *maybe* 4 hours of sleep, i awoke to what sounded like my house crashing down on me. Don't worry...it was just thunder. lol. It was POURING. Luckily, right before the time mom and i had decided to go for a walk, it stopped raining. And while we were walking, the sun came out! We had a good walk! almost 2 miles! I am SO tired though. I live in a very hilly area, so it was 2 miles of up and down hills...now there are muscles in my legs twitching. lol. well i had a good breakfast of oatmeal and turkey bacon, and that good walk. But i'm concerned about my sleep. i have either barely slept or not slept well the past three nights...any suggestions? i need to do something, otherwise i'm afraid it will really affect all my weight-loss attempts...

good luck everyone! (time to start chugging water!!)

My day started out wonderful! The sun is out and no rain to be seen. We have had 4 days of nothing but rain and wind so this is a nice change. Today is suppose to be my day off but I have to help my husband run the little shop that his family owns. It will keep me from the fridge!

I had problems with not sleeping as well past couple of weeks. I found out that I can not exercise at least 2 hours before I go to sleep. I guess the exercise gives me a second wind. Although my mind is exausted.
    Awesome job on the walk this morning! Hills are tiring. We have hills around here too and boy they kill me everytime I walk them. I keep thinking to myself will they ever get any easier!

Have an awesome day everyone! I better go and chug some water!